• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. howie1987

New golf mk5 GTI

I know its not a Honda but I aint leaving cause I will be back in a Honda at some point lol. Anyway finally bit the bullet and went for a gti. First thoughts are its comfy and easy to drive and a lot less money on the fuel. It has had a bit done to it before I got it. Eibach lowering...
  2. howie1987

Car won't start any help?

As the title says car won't start. went out tonight it started but revs were well under 1000rpm so I just turned it off left it for 10mins came back and it won't start at all, it turns over but that's it and battery is sitting at 11.6volts if that makes a difference. I don't have a clue what it...
  3. howie1987

Knocking coming from left side

I have been having problems since I changed my struts. Knocking when going over bumps coming from the left side. Ive had strut changed again still same knocking also had top mounts changed and still. The steering rack was creeking so that got changed aswell and steering feels ten times...
  4. howie1987

Info on cams for EP3

Awrite everyone, In a bit of a dilemma not sure what to do. So I have DC5 cams just now but I have the bug again and want to change them, but just not sure what is best option for me is. Not really aiming to make gains just more drivabilty and maybe just a little bit more out of it is a...
  5. howie1987

Code PID00

EML came on and this was the code any ideas ? I cleared it and it came back on then when the car was up to temp I cleared it and its not came back on since. Cheers
  6. howie1987

HKS silent hi power v Mugen twin loop

Been searching the internet for hours trying to find what is the quietest exhaust or catback for the EP3. I've narrowed it down to these two as a lot have said these are quiet but am not 100percent sure, I also want power but main aim is bit of both but would go for the quietest out the two I...
  7. howie1987

Code p0011 fault.

Got a code flung up camshaft sensor, vtec is kicking in but it feels really restricted, so changed the cam sensor still not working and still flings code p0011. vtec solenoid was cleaned out had loads of much in it and timing of the chain is spot on and oil is on top mark so any ideas? Sorry...
  8. howie1987

Bit of help please

I'm looking for two bolts that hold the rear tie bar on, would anyone know what they are called as I don't know what am asking Honda for I have tried to explain and they don't get it. I've had a look on lings but I don't have a clue what i'm looking at lol Also I need two front wishbone bushes...
  9. howie1987

Clunking after i changed my front struts.

I got my front struts changed and passenger side is clunking constantly. I had it in the garage the other day and they couldn't find a thing wrong with it, they said the strut was damping so wasn't that and everything else was solid and there was no play at all. its just had ball joints and...
  10. howie1987

Transmission fluid change when clutch is changed?

As above does the transmission fluid need to come out? cheers
  11. howie1987

Clutch gone?

Noticed today that sometimes when I take my foot off the clutch its a bit jumpy then later on went in to 6th gear and twice it felt like I was riding the clutch but I wasn't but it has been fine ever since, so does that mean my clutch is on its way out.
  12. howie1987

Changed intake do i need to tweak my kpro

I'm changing my aem cai to a tegiwa m. I have my car mapped so will I need to get the kpro tweaked? only problem is am about 300miles from tdi lol and I wouldn't go anywhere else now.
  13. howie1987

FRSU Glasgow

Anyone know the best place to go around the Glasgow area. Was planning on getting it done when over at automek but they don't do it. Cheers
  14. howie1987

Engine ticking.

Hi my EP3 engine started to give a ticking noise from it and when I drive the ticking speeds up, is this the valve clearance? I had my valve clearance done in January and I also have kepted an eye on the oil it was a little low but not below min but gave it a top up anyway. Also back in...
  15. howie1987

Idle rattle

Theres a rattle when am sitting cold in idle coming from the belt pulley tensioner area any ideas what it is? Also when i reverse it sounds like a squeek coming from it but only when i first time my foot off the clutch it squeeks one then thats it every time i do it. it is coming from the belt...
  16. howie1987

Problem with EP3 headlights

My passenger side headlight or hi beam isn't working at all just side lights. I have the facelift headlights in my pre facelift so checked all the wiring and the relay and fuses its all fine so went back to the h4 plug tested it with a multi meter and no voltage at all so I stripped the wire a...
  17. howie1987

EML keeps flickering.

Hi as above... the light only flickers when i first accelerate anyone know why? Its only since i got the car tuned with a kpro. Someone mentioned it just cause its taking more fuel ? but i don't know so i thought i would get the opinions on here as it is annoying me. Cheers
  18. howie1987

Plasma glow dial kit EP3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290608361791?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Has anyone got these or seen these? are they worth it ? or just usual ebay crap.
  19. howie1987

Tuning my car any suggestions?

Hi everyone for a while i have been undecided on what to do so been speaking to tdi-north and cpl racing. decided to go to cpl racing. Ive nearly decided on piper catback piper manifold and injen cold air intake and mapped. That is what cpl racing suggest to me so it sounds good to me as i...
  20. howie1987

Best mods for my car

Ive got a standard EP3 type r apart from ive got my ecu reflashed by cpl racing. I wonderd what is the best mod like manifold etc to get to get the most power i know i will need the car all retuned to whatever i get but just really after peoples opinion. I only got the reflash cause i could...
  21. howie1987

lambda probe inline resistors

Hi i am thinking of getting a decat downpipe but where would i get lambda probe inline resistors so my EML wont come on? Thanks
  22. howie1987

02 sensor fault p0141

Hi i got a new gasket for the cat then i thought i needed a new front sensor so got that then fitted it plugged it in to the computer and cleared it but light came back on and this still comes up p0141 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2) Have i got the wrong o2 sensor? and...
  23. howie1987

Custom built cat for EP3

Hi everyone, Ive been offerd a custom built cat its apparently worth £800 but the person who orderd it did'nt come back or somthing like that so ive been offerd it for £400 do these prices sound about right? I am up for getting it i just don't what they go for and wonderd if i was getting...
  24. howie1987

Timing chain for EP3

How much is it rougly to get this changed? and is it best to take it to honda for this? My car has done 80000 i wouldnt say its to noisey but just thought i should get it done to be on the safe side or do they last a life time? Thanks
  25. howie1987

Ticking noise when accelerating (Help)

Hi my ep3 has a ticking noise when accelerating, it doesnt do it when i rev the car in idle or if am driving and put my foot on the clutch it doesnt do it only when in gear accelerating. It feels like the car isnt as responsive and it sounds like the exhaust doesnt sound right but i just got a...
  26. howie1987

Standard EP3 airbox

Hi all I have a aftermarket induction kit on and because it doesnt make you gain anything etc i want to change back to standard airbox. I wonderd though does a type s airbox fit my type r? it looks the same but obv that can mean nothing sometimes. Also whats the best air filter to put in the...
  27. howie1987

Getting a type r ep3 remapped

Hi hope i have the right bit here for this. I was wondering roughly how much and what bhp i would get for a remap and also does it save fuel in lower speeds.also does anyone know any decent places to get this done in the glasgow area?thanks
Back