• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. civic1986

EP3 badges

Amantis Graphics on facebook can help you
  2. civic1986

Honda Type R Decals - EP3

Hi All I am starting to get into the business of making decals for some of my friends and forum users on Facebook etc.. I have created some decals which stick directly over the top of the R's on the side skirts and front and rear grille badges. I have wasted a lot of time and vinyl making...
  3. civic1986

Meister R Zeta R and FRSU - Help Please, I'm a NOOB

Hi guys and gals I recently had a set of Meister R Zeta R coilovers fitted straight out the box and on to my car, it was shockingly bad to drive. Felt really lively and wavey in straight lines, constantly having to correct myself in very simple lines...NOW! I have had it FRSU at my local garage...
  4. civic1986

Stance Vs Handling

I gathered you didn't approve lol, I'm a noob at this suspension stuff. To be honest this is my very first set of coilovers so I'm just having a play with them to see what they are capable of, I very rarely use motorways and always stick to A and B roads (if that's what you call a pothole...
  5. civic1986

Stance Vs Handling

HAHAHHAHAHAAA!!! I'm not looking for that much of a stance, just a slight camber but decent enough for daily driving, I want to keep it on the road. Awesome pic *** haha!
  6. civic1986

Part Number Please - Splash Guard for front near side wheel arch

Hi guys I almost become a victim of "hydrolock" last week after going through a massive puddle, car was juddering and spluttering but I made it home, I went to drive away the next day but it wouldn't engage any gear until the car warmed up, my intake is aftermarket and hovers above the front...
  7. civic1986

Stance Vs Handling

Hi everybody I have had my Meister R Zeta R's coilies fitted to my EP3 recently and had the fast road setup done, well I've had the following settings applied to my car: -1 neg camber all round 2mm toe in rear 1mm toe out front Basically I would like to know what your settings are, I'd like a...
  8. civic1986

EP3 Type R Seats, what other models will they fit?

Hi All Really sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the search, basically I just sold my type r (ep3) seats but the guy I sold them to is now asking if they will actually fit his car. Mine is a 2005 EP3 Type R standard seats not recaro. He has a EU civic 5 door...
  9. civic1986

Questions about this aftermarket gear gaiter...

I have the red one in my car with matching handbreak cover and it looks really good, especially with my nice gold gear knob ;)
  10. civic1986

door styling anyone one it yet?

Hey ScabbyTramp The door cards are really easy to get off and there are plenty of how to guides on here. I bought a spare set of door cards off ebay for £1 so I decided to take them to Hydro Designs for painting. I'm having the top part of the door card dipped in candy red carbon and the...
  11. civic1986

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 ECU fuse location for a Bluetooth OBD-II

Appradio2 I am currently using the Appradio2 in my CTR with a Samsung Galaxy S4, ELM327 ODBII and DashCommand plus loads of other apps and to be fair it's really good, the Bluetooth is really fast and the live data streams perfectly...although it's very distracting watching your screen when...
  12. civic1986

HELP!! Whats the standard exhaust diameter?? Universal Exhaust Guide Please

Back again guys... Basically I have been looking at "CherryBomb" exhausts and 99% of them are a Universal Fit...I would like to know what diameter the join is between centre pipe and back box so I can order the correct size for easy installation, I believe I read somewhere that it's 2.5" but...
  13. civic1986

Meister R Noobie - Throw me a bone ;

Thanks for the comments chaps. Tom83 - I have got the Zeta R's pal, what is yours set at currently? Is it a harsh ride on a daily basis? GarryK20 - Thanks for the link, the settings are on there for the FRSU which is very handy as that will be my first mod as soon as the coilovers are fitted...
  14. civic1986

Meister R Noobie - Throw me a bone ;

Hi guys This is the very first set of coilovers I've ever bought for a car and never had any experience with settings etc. I would like peoples opinions on these coilovers (I've read on here they are pretty good for the price) but it's always nice for reassurance. Also if you do leave a...
  15. civic1986

Suspension Set Up In Hertfordshire - Meister R's

Nice one Ed, I will give them a bell and see what they can do for me, many thanks.
  16. civic1986

Waa?!?!...they are over 3 hours away dude! If I got the bits I need could I take it to a wheel aligner/general garage and give him the geometry set up sheet and let them handle it or is that quite risky?
  17. civic1986

OK...do I need front and rear adjusters or just fronts? I've googled the performance places around the area and they are very far and few between, don't really want to travel miles on a non set up suspension. Thanks for the reply.
  18. civic1986

Hi Team I've just bought a set of Meister R coilovers for my EP3, now do I need to buy any camber arms etc for the fast road set up if they are fully adjustable? Also the main question is...does anyone know where I can get this set up done in or around Hertfordshire?
  19. civic1986

Valuation for my system? Gonna be up for grabs

Hey guys i was gonna put my Orion sound system up for sale but didn't wanna be greedy and ask for too much, was hoping you guys could give me a rough idea of what this stuff is worth, I have all the receipts and manuals etc for the whole set up and it equates to just under £2000!!! Here is what...
  20. civic1986

Sub box dimensions for EP3 Civic - Boot Dimensions?

I am a BASS HEAD!! if it aint loud your too old!! I want maximum bass, maximum sound quality...probably don't help being in a tin can of a Honda haha ;) need to sound deaden the whole thing. I've not heard of planet audio before either, *googles them* I might re-think my whole set up...thing...
  21. civic1986

I personally didn't spend that, I have the receipts for all the items from the guy I bought it off, it was used for competitions but it sounded better in his car for some reason... Maybe I need it fine tuned? 6x9's in my opinion are far better than components as they can take more of a beating...
  22. civic1986

I have upgraded every speaker I can possibly fit in my car TomCat... Here's my spec Fli Underground Front Speakers - 120w / 90wrms Vibe Slick Rear Speakers - 220w - 100wrms Vibe Slick 6x9 - 440w - 220wrms 2x Orion XTR12 Subs in a sealed box Orion HCCA 225R Amp Orion CS100.2 Amp Helix power Cap...
  23. civic1986

I have 2 massive subs lol...I totally agree that the 6x9's will sound pretty poor as the air movement from the subs will affect my speakers, I was going to grab a stealth shelf so the baskets etc will not be open to air movement, failing that some 6x9 speaker boxes mounted somewhere? I have...
  24. civic1986

Hi Team I'm looking at having a custom sub box made for my ep3...does anyone have the dimensions for the boot? how big can I go? I'll be looking at a ported twin box for my pair of Orions HCCA's... Length, Width, Height would be ideal, I have 6x9's in the parcel shelf so I don't want to have...
  25. civic1986

Door Ajar Light And Alarm Problems - CAT D Type R EP3

Iphone Camera Hi Scruffy Many thanks for looking into this for me, whats your email address and I'll send them over to you, for some reason my uploader on this site isn't working...comes up with errors? Top man, much appreciated.
  26. civic1986

Door Ajar Light And Alarm Problems - CAT D Type R EP3

Hi Team Me again!!! I recently bought another type r but this one seems to be a bit of a dog! She is a CAT D insurance write off to begin with but it was very minor, a car rolled backwards into the passenger side door, the door has been replaced but since then the "door ajar" light stays on...
  27. civic1986

Worn Cam's?

thanks for the rapid response... I can confirm it definately engages vtec and yes it runs smoothly but I just find it strange as my previous civic was more BWWWAAAAAA!!! and this one barley makes a noise but it does pick up speed after 6000rmp quite quickly, I will be buying aftermarket...
  28. civic1986

Worn Cam's?

Hi guys and girls I had a CTR last year on a 2003 and the VTEC kicked in really strong and loud with stock exhaust and air filter, I then bought a Mercedes (yawn) biggest mistake ever, I missed my CTR so much I've got another one but it's newer (2005 facelift) it doesn't seem to have the same...
  29. civic1986

FN2 Read the rules

Admin edit: Read this: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?42361-Why-can-t-I-create-a-new-thread-in-this-section
  30. civic1986

Strange issue

I have no idea my friend, I've only had the car a year now, yesterday I checked coil packs, spark plugs, cleaned air filter and breather filter...it seems a little better but I'll see how it goes, maybe my throttle body could do with a deep clean too, I'll give her a full service when I get back...
  31. civic1986

Strange issue

Never heard on one Hazz It normally only does it when it's cold or crushing along at a steady speed : /
  32. civic1986

Strange issue

Hazz A what? I was thinking maybe buying a decent induction kit and cleaning up my throttle body, clean the o2 sensor and make sure it's not touching the car in any way, I'll investigate but any advice would be great
  33. civic1986

Strange issue

i understand the car would run lean but this is not the problem, im having breathing problems or dirty fuel in the system clogging something up...thats what it feels like when driving...something clogged up, give it some welly and it'll be ok until i drop down a gear or hit low revs.
  34. civic1986

Strange issue

the EML light only comes on once a week which is due to the de-cat but i erase the codes and it's fine, the exhaust dont cause me any problems. I have an aftermarket induction kit and a small breather filter on the rocker cover, the small breather filter i think is the problem as most other...
  35. civic1986

Strange issue

Hi The mods I have are: Japspeed 4-1 manifold Japspeed Decat Scorpion cat back Unbranded induction kit But like I said, the car was doing this before I had it all fitted, I started the car this morning and it sounded like it was mis fairing, so I lifted the bonnet and the breather filter on...
  36. civic1986

Strange issue

Hi guys... I have an issue I'd like to get my head around. I have a 2003 type r EP3 with a few mods but no K-Pro, sometimes I'll be driving along and the car will feel like its resisting, feels lumpy and clogged up, when I put my foot down a bit the car will gargle for a second then blast...
  37. civic1986

Japspeed 4-1 Manifold, Japspeed Decat & Scorpion Cat Back - What To Do Next?

Upcoming Mods I already have lowering springs (40mm) What does a fast road setup consist of? can this be done myself? K-Pro - too expensive, will need to save for this...loadsa cash
  38. civic1986

Japspeed 4-1 Manifold, Japspeed Decat & Scorpion Cat Back - What To Do Next?

Hi Guys & Girls Fisrtly I would like to add that a little while ago I purchased and fitted a Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust system which to be fair is fantastic and I can't fault it what so ever, secondly I purchased and fitted a Japspeed 4-1 Manifold and Decat system...OMG!! What a difference, the...
  39. civic1986

Missing Bolt, can someone please tell me what it's called or where i can get one from

Missing bolt Thanks very much for the help, much appreciated :)
  40. civic1986

Missing Bolt, can someone please tell me what it's called or where i can get one from

Item 14 on drawing YES!!! that's the bolt, do you have a part number for that? also where the hell do i find one? THANK YOU!!
  41. civic1986

noooo...sorry guys, i know that's where the original air box bolts on to but i have an aftermarket induction kit, if you look just below that you'll see where there is a bolt missing...hope this helps, if i knew how to edit this post i'd circle it but it's easy to see
  42. civic1986

Hi guys and gals I had my car under go some new parts including front and rear shocks, track rod ends and few other bits, the mechanic that took my car said it looks like the gearbox has been taken out in the past and i have a missing bolt, can someone tell me what its called and where i can...
  43. civic1986

Scorpion Non Resonated Cat Back

Yeah I'm not really after bhp gains, just a nice sound and feel to the car really, can I just ask...why can't you remap the standard ECU? And what is an RBC? Thanks for your information, it's really helpful
  44. civic1986

Nope, I was going to get a full exhaust system eventually and just buy an O2 simulator to stop the light from coming on, the hondata ecu's are too expensive for me I'm afraid No more mods after the exhaust system, might treat the girl to a set of lowering springs buys that's all...do you think...
  45. civic1986

That sounds like a good manifold to buy, japspeed are a well known brand, did you have any problems with engine management lights? And yes, fortunately I know a damn good MOT centre that have worked on all my modified cars...phew!
  46. civic1986

Do you know if the piper manifold and cat will be a compatible fit with the scorpion system? I don't want to buy it if its a lot of hassle to add to my existing system, also is it expensive? I was looking at the japspeed manifold which is roughly £200
  47. civic1986

Hi guys and girls, I would just like to say I have just had fitted a scorpion cat back exhaust system non resonated and would recommend to anyone who was looking at buying one, it fitted straight on with no problems and the sound is amazing, it's not too loud and don't have that horrible drone...
  48. civic1986

I'm new to the EP3 world and would like a few pointers

Does anyone recommend the sportex cat back system? Also what diameter pipe would be ideal? 64, 68 or 70mm? The sported has a nice 3inch tailpipe so don't look too big hanging out the back end :)
  49. civic1986

SikBoy - I'm looking for a bit of both to be honest :) I love the sound of all civics with an exhaust system and to be quite frank I've been told that most exhaust systems don't give much on power gains so I'm not expecting miracles but some performance would be nice but I think noise is good ;)...
  50. civic1986

Oh my god I just looked at the feels system and just sharted! Wow that's a huge price tag!
  51. civic1986

Yeah my car is totally standard apart from an induction kit, it's milanoo red with carbon wrap on bonnet, tail gate and roof which I put on myself, so suspension set up is standard, how much would it cost me for a fast road set up and what goodies do I need to buy apart from lowering springs and...
  52. civic1986

Thanks very much for that, it helped a little bit but I was after a bit more detail regarding prices and value for money etc but I has definitely given me a better outlook on manufacturers to have a look at online :) thanks again I'll be doing some deeper research now ;)
  53. civic1986

Hi Guys this is my first post on the forum :) HAY!! I would like a few tips or recomendations about an exhaust system for the EP3 civic type R...I already know it's an awesome machine and wish i'd bought one sooner :) I have owned the car since June and would now like to start on modifying and...
Back