• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Lottie

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

So sad day....the stealthy car has sat in the drive for over a year now and hasn't moved. I've made the decision to strip most of the rare, genuine and protype parts from the car to make it more drivable with the aim to use it again. I will get round to listing stuff at some point but if anyone...
  2. Lottie

It's funny all the original people are posting, had a email notification from Smeg earlier
  3. Lottie

Email notification Good to see you're still around. See you in another 5 years
  4. Lottie

Thanks Vitka I still have the car . Unfortunately trackdays have taken a back seat so the Mugen Rollcage was removed a few months ago and has gone to a good new home. In my head I should sell her, but my heart won't let me
  5. Lottie

EP3 Overheating and blowing cold air

Have a compression test done, hopefully that will tell you. When the head gasket went in the ATR there was no mayonnaise, just depends on where its leaking.
  6. Lottie

Wing Mirror Replacement - Facelift

Glad it helped.
  7. Lottie

Gruppe M Best Place To Buy?

You used to be able import them via Hoya at GM but I don't think you can any more.
  8. Lottie

Wing mirror damage grrr...

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?55543-Wing-Mirror-Replacement-Facelift&highlight=wing+mirror+replacement
  9. Lottie

Track time!

North Weald is the safest day you can do, as said its not a trackday but you will learn a huge amount about yourself and the car.
  10. Lottie

Not 100% sure im afraid. It feels like a different car now though and is a pleasure to drive again. Thank :)
  11. Lottie

Removing Household Pait Off My Clear Coat.

Clay bar and lots of elbow grease.
  12. Lottie

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Its interesting how we are all getting excited about this model when the FN2 was such a flop, wonder what's changed? Good marketing this time around?
  13. Lottie

Agreed! Personally I don't think any of the Civics have ever looked aggressive, even going back to the EK9. Its not what Honda are about, performance over looks imo, why do you think the EP3 was one of the best selling cars for Honda, it certainly wasn't based on how it looked.
  14. Lottie

I don't think I will ever sell my EP3, but I can certainly see one of these being on the drive if it turns out how will all seem to think it will.
  15. Lottie

It's didn't sign up for this

Doesn't it just pick up on the sort of pages you have been previously looking at :lol:
  16. Lottie

I drove my parents new civic for quite a good few miles the other day, although its an 1.8 auto I can certainly see the potential of the chassis.
  17. Lottie

I can highly recommend them :)
  18. Lottie

The second graph is the wheel hp. I wasn't really chasing numbers just wanted a more responsive car and Romain certainly provided that. The map was done some years ago and I've covered lots of miles since then with no issues. I think the nicest comment ive had was when we went to another...
  19. Lottie

She is doing ok for an old girl :) weirdly the BMW has made me appreciate it even more, I really can't see me ever selling it.
  20. Lottie

Yes, I will be getting out soon :)
  21. Lottie

Nearly a year on and time for another update :lol: As previously mentioned the Nitron suspension was knocking on the last service, I dropped it off last week with Nitron and picked it up on Monday. WOW! what a difference, they have had a full rebuild and the rear shock which was knocking was...
  22. Lottie

best discs and pads for track only use.

Don't do it!!! Please listen to everybody on this page and go DS2500's or DS3000's along with some Bremtech discs.
  23. Lottie

best discs and pads for track only use.

Bremtech discs, seem to work well and are fairly cheap to replace. I really would start saving for something like the stoptech kit and dont forget your braided lines and uprated brake fluid. DS2500 are great pads as people have said ive been running them for years, if its track only though you...
  24. Lottie

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

Looking great Justin, cant wait to see those harnesses in the flesh :twisted:
  25. Lottie

A bit of friendly advice needed...

Personally if you are going to go for a lary colour I would wrap it (if a Honda colour then get it painted), at least when you want to sell it can be removed if required. I've seen a few wrapped cars at various shows and it really needs to be done right otherwise the lines where it finishes are...
  26. Lottie

Best place to get map and buy kpro 3

Eurospec if you are down south
  27. Lottie

anyone used euro-spec before?

Not used Eurospec but Romain mapped my car a few years ago, very happy and not had any issues.
  28. Lottie

eBay coilover won't fit PICTURE/LINK

You would have been better off by just buying yourself a decent set of lowering springs!
  29. Lottie

Mugen twinloop

A great exhaust, I wont be selling mine.
  30. Lottie

i hate to ask but.....

No towing allowed, its in the manual.
  31. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

Couple more jobs done today, stumpy aerial and a bit more carbon wrap added in the cabin to hide the scratched aluminium Radio out Aluminium off Ready to be covered Looking good, only a small amount of swearing occurred Back in the car And the aerial
  32. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

I'm sure we could accommodate you ;)
  33. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

You mean you will pay and then not turn up :p Of course old members always welcome even if non Honda owners :) I'll have a chat with Mark and Stu and see what they think, we are really struggling to fill trackdays at the moment :(
  34. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

Not sure what you mean it was in amazing condition for a 2001 plate (it is wet in the picture), the next person to get it will be pleased I'm sure.
  35. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

I don't think so tbh, it is what the EP3 is for. Wouldn't mind doing a North Weald day in it though to get rid of the run flats. Don't be put off by the DA, you would have to be very incompetent to cause any damage and pretty much hold the pad on the paint work for a fair amount of time. So...
  36. Lottie

Sombody stop me now please!

Good on you Sean :)
  37. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

Really? Used to be very obsessed with it, let it slip a bit lately though. The spoiler looks great but is a lot of money for what it is, so we shall see. Modifications do seem a lot cheaper for the BMW.
  38. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

24/05/13 We picked up the car on 24th May 2013 from the BMW dealer Wollaston Motors in Northampton with 37,388 miles on the clock. The car traded in was a Honda Accord Type R (153,106 miles), very reliable which we hope the BMW will stand up to. Out with the old In with the new Forgot...
  39. Lottie

TGM Brembo big brake kit?

They do require spacers, 5mm if I remember correctly. My honest opinion and as you are into your trackdays get the Stoptech kit. My set were also the trial ones, not sure if TGM ever decided to have them made up.
  40. Lottie

Where to K100 remap - Any difference?

Romain mapped mine years ago, still going strong now :cool:
  41. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

It's just the face we are thinking of doing, one of the lads at work has the roadster (ghey) with the same wheels and faces a different colour, it looks really good. We will see :)
  42. Lottie

Enter not dropping text by a line

I had this problem ages ago, I pinned it down to IE, changed to chrome and its fine again.
  43. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

Not when you look in the rear view mirror :lol:
  44. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

No you are correct, N52 no turbots here.
  45. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

It is silky smooth :) ... engine code is N52 though :cool:
  46. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

Of course 3.0 Si Sport :)
  47. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

Probably get them done with the dark centres, need to find somewhere good that will do split rims.
  48. Lottie

Soooo it's not a Honda

Don't panic the Civic stays but the Accord has just been traded in for this, should make the commute to work entertaining :cool: Pretty good condition overall although the wheels are in a dreadful state and will be going for a full refurb. The inside silver inserts are a little scratched to...
  49. Lottie

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

Put some alloy wheel sealant on to help with the brake dust. You wont curb them, unless you seriously get your lines wrong! OEM discs will be fine as will the Bridgestones.
  50. Lottie

Fault? Leaves coming through air vents.

The aircon ones didnt either, you had to pay for them. They are located in/under the glovebox.
  51. Lottie

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

I took my Premier out on track when it was only 6 months old, its now knocking on 7.5 years with many trackdays under its belt and its never missed a beat. Take a look here at the thread I created on HOT for track newbies.. http://www.hondas-on-track.com/forums/index.php?topic=2360.0
  52. Lottie

Civic Ep3 Type R been lying for 6 months???

Idle control valve, there are lots of posts about it and I thought there was a thread regarding cleaning but cannot find it. Have a good search and read some of the other threads there may be some with pictures to help you out.
  53. Lottie

Civic Ep3 Type R been lying for 6 months???

Probably the ICV, mine did the same after sitting around a while. Give it a good blast down the road usually sorts it out if not take the ICV out and clean it.
  54. Lottie

How hard is it to remove the Clocks out of an EP3???

I did a guide for changing the bulbs, would at least get you half way :cool: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?55522-EP3-Dash-Bulb-Replacement&highlight=dash+bulb+replacement
  55. Lottie

Clunking noise when pressing brake FN2

Might just be the pads moving around in the caliper, try some extra copper grease on them to see if it solves the problem.
  56. Lottie

Are LSD's that good!

Why? As far as I'm aware they also sell non tegiwa products.
  57. Lottie

Are LSD's that good!

Is that a fitted price or just the diff? It is quite a lot of labour to fit one as the gearbox has to be dropped which you need to take into consideration. Also you may as well consider changing the clutch whilst you are in there. What diff are Tegiwa selling?
  58. Lottie

Fast road pads? red or green stuff?

Yes, a huge difference. I would also just get OEM pads at the rear.
  59. Lottie

My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR! (exhaust and massive brakes page 5)

Looking good, cant wait to see this out on track :cool:
  60. Lottie

Fast road pads? red or green stuff?

Don't use drilled discs! grooved are OK but you will see more wear on the pads. For road driving blank discs are more than capable for what you need.
  61. Lottie

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 track day and prep

Not me but the lotus' we shared with were spinning on the straights there was so much water!
  62. Lottie

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 track day and prep

Rockingham is one of my favs although it looks like you had a nicer day than when I was there last!
  63. Lottie

Track advice

Take it at your own pace, take plenty of breaks for your car and you and book tuition.
  64. Lottie

My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR! (exhaust and massive brakes page 5)

That cage will certainly keep you safe :cool:
  65. Lottie

Brake setup solely for track?

Bin the EBCs would be my advice, DS3000's as mentioned and if you want cheapish discs go for the Bremtech grooved, also make sure you have braided lines and uprated fluid. Being time attack you may get away with this setup as its only a few laps. If not you will need to upgrade the calipers to...
  66. Lottie

Track Set-up

As Chris said definitely get the tyres sorted, I would also recommend tuition on a trackday rather than spending loads on modifications first, you will be surprised the difference it makes.
  67. Lottie

A lot of people use Evo wheels as they are wider, if you are going to run slicks it would be advisable to have a welded in cage (cant remember if you were going this route). As for what tyres its very subjective, personally I like R888 but the cost of them now is rediculous. You can see Marks...
  68. Lottie

Type r ep3 diff

I would disagree with you both to somepoint here, ive found it pretty easy to live with the Spoon diff as a daily driver.
  69. Lottie

Tilted Standard EP3 Spoiler

Nice airbrake, I'm sure the planes at work have something similar to slow them down ;)
  70. Lottie

Check out ad1 build thread on HOT, he would be a good person to talk to with the route you are going.
  71. Lottie

Has anyone used eurospec?

Romain mapped my car about 4 years ago, never had any problems.
  72. Lottie

Starting trouble

It may not be the issue, but when you did the valve clearances was it on a stone cold engine? If not you will need to do them again.
  73. Lottie

Donington - 04/02/13

If you can drop Mark a PM (on HOT) with your experience he will let you know :cool:
  74. Lottie

Donington - 04/02/13

Its not been posted on other forums yet but you can have a look on HOT itself: http://www.hondas-on-track.com/forums/index.php?topic=4761.0 :cool:
  75. Lottie

HOT Croft 19/07/13...

Of course, passengers are also free so bring a lid down and I'm sure some members will take you out if you ask nicely :twisted:
  76. Lottie

HOT Croft 19/07/13...

Good to hear, if you havent already make sure you show your interest on HOT :cool:
  77. Lottie

LSD standard on a ep3?

It would also be worth finding out what make is fitted.
  78. Lottie

Donington - 04/02/13

Great photos :cool: We are back there in July, you should come and join us :twisted:
  79. Lottie

upgraded clutch

I don't know how the ACT would perform on the drag strip but on trackdays its been great. The best person to speak to is Richy at Performance Autoworks as he supplied mine.
  80. Lottie

upgraded clutch

ACT has been brilliant in mine, slightly heavier than OEM if that's what you like.
  81. Lottie

Cracked Wing Mirror Cover

Its not too bad really, just the cost of the mirror is what I was annoyed at, as like you it wasn't my fault and I still had to pay out to get it fixed.
  82. Lottie

Cracked Wing Mirror Cover

I had the same thing happen to me :( http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?55543-Wing-Mirror-Replacement-Facelift&highlight=wing+mirror+replacement
  83. Lottie

A long shot I know ....

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?55522-EP3-Dash-Bulb-Replacement&highlight=bulb+replacement
  84. Lottie

ep3 track/road car build

Depends what sort of cage you want but the guy who does them for a lot of the vtec challenge lads is very good. Speak to Kingy on here if you want his contact details. It would be welded though as far as Im aware although he maybe able to make you something else up.
  85. Lottie

EBC pads - which ones?

They will be fine, ive run DD2500 in my car on the road and track for over 6 years now with no issues.
  86. Lottie

My Mugen CR-Z

Nice :) do you have any rear end shots?
  87. Lottie

Return key not working

Very odd indeed, just logged in at work and I have no issues, so is definitely something on my laptop at home.
  88. Lottie

EBC pads - which ones?

My hero!
  89. Lottie

ting/clunk noise when pressing brake

Possibly the pad moving around in the caliper, it happens on our Accord when we are manovering at slow speed. Might be worth popping the pad out and adding a little more copper grease to see if it helps.
  90. Lottie

Chassis Bracing

Have a look at the J's Racing ones. I'm sure there are some cheaper makes available nowadays though.
  91. Lottie

Return key not working

All up to date and still not working :(
  92. Lottie

Return key not working

Still got the issues.....
  93. Lottie

EBC pads - which ones?

Been on a trackday with them?
  94. Lottie

EBC pads - which ones?

DS2500, Braided hoses and uprated fluid is the minimum you want to be using on track.
  95. Lottie

Tow Strap Fitting Guide (EP3)

It was purely done to make it accessible for the marshalls if required. I really need the longer one on the front though so it sticks further through but I don't want to just order 1 thing from Demon Tweeks with their expensive shipping charges.
  96. Lottie

Return key not working

I thought it was just a glitch but its still seems to be an issue and only on TRO. The return key just doesn't work. Has anybody else got the same issue? Only change I can think of recently is upgrading to Windows 8.
  97. Lottie

Repugnant Rice Krispy is home.

Ill be honest I was never a fan, until I went out in our neighbours Works one a few weeks ago. Very nice place to be and the supercharger whine as you say is brilliant.
  98. Lottie

Drilled/Grooved Discs - Help Required

Not sure if its been said, but if you are going on track do not get drilled discs, the likelihood is they will crack. Another good disc option is the Bremtechs.
  99. Lottie

Stone's Fast Road/ Track EP3 Type R

The best holiday Ive ever been on was doing the Eurotour a few years ago, there are some amazing roads out there.
Back