• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Reluctantly this is now for sale :( Anyone interested let me know! Cheers.
  2. GavTypeR

Recent EP3 purchase

Hi Mark, it sounds like a VTEC issue to me, the solenoid might not be engaging due to the gauze on the VTEC being blocked.
  3. GavTypeR

my type r premier edition

I really like that steering wheel.
  4. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Like everything else I do in life, brute force :asw:
  5. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Looking at the replacement it's literally just sticky and two little plastic lugs, with no threads on etc. I literally (Maybe a bit bullish but) Just pulled and pulled, using a couple of old panel tools until I got the old one off. The old lugs did snap into the holes, but just pulled these...
  6. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Did my bits and bobs today! Bit of good luck with the handbrake!! I took the Fugen (Fake Mugen) cover off and the original handbrake was underneath and in great condition! So that was a bit of luck. Adjusted the handbrake up the same time!! I've also sorted out my front badge replacement and...
  7. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Yeah I've tried but they are asking for like £25 posted, I'm sure I can get one for less than that or find someone who is willing to swap!
  8. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Yep it's a mugen one (Probably fake) it's quite nice looking but not OEM. I'm currently in the process of hunting down a OEM one. Hoping someone might just do a straight swap so it doesn't cost me anything! This is it, it's one of the only small mods on the car that are on my list to change...
  9. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

I've been to Beaulieu before, it's an awesome place. Just a bit far for me to drive for a meet! Would love to attend something soon though with you all, been out of the forum game for a while.
  10. GavTypeR

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

Yeah I bet it does, I had a similar colour as a young 18 years old with my 206 GTI (Then I saw sense and realised French cars are poo) China Blue it was called. Funny you should mention NHB, as that's what my Prem is :)
  11. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Just hope my first day off in 13 days doesn't end up a wet one though! :), they're not the best fun in the wet these EP3s!
  12. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Finally have a day off work tomrorow so have a few quick jobs planned for the car! Had a new badge finally arrive for the front. I've also gone for the Vinyl insert for the rear R rather than changing the whole badge for now! Also going to tackle taking these terrible pedals off and try to get...
  13. GavTypeR

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

Lovely colour that, never seen one like it, cracking choice!
  14. GavTypeR

EP3 Changing Mugen pedals back to OEM

OK cool if they are fake they are definitely coming off! Haha
  15. GavTypeR

Awesome nice one :)
  16. GavTypeR

I'll have to have a good look at them. They certainly look genuine but either way I don't like them. Are the genuine Mugen ones expensive?? Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  17. GavTypeR

My car has got the Mugen pedals on and I really am not a fan! how easy is it to replace these with originals and how hard is it to get hold of them? I can see rubbers on Tegiwa but not sure if this is all that I need? Can anyone help?
  18. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Indeed, I might be comparing them to the seats in my Leon though as they are super comfy rather than memory of the other two Type R's!
  19. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

As nice as the Recaros look, they aren't as comfy as the original Type R seats IMO, they are really hard!
  20. GavTypeR

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Top job that :)!
  21. GavTypeR

Dutchy's 2005 Cosmic EP3

Just caught up with this after you commented on my post. Proper gutted to see the damage, I love a CG I used to have one. Hope it comes back as good as new :(
  22. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Cheers Dutchy, it did take a while to find it to be fair. Especially with the mileage as low as this! Yeah it's staying OEM as Honda intended apart from the stereo etc. I've ordered some new badges for the front grill and the typical "R" red paint has come off on the back! Plan is to make it...
  23. GavTypeR

EP3 Info on Brake upgrades

Awesome, just noticed your location? which valley are you in, I'm from Pontypridd but living in Caerphilly now?
  24. GavTypeR

Looks like I've started a pad war :)!
  25. GavTypeR

Nice one :)
  26. GavTypeR

Tree sap

Good polish will do the trick, might need to use a MOP though :(
  27. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Fresh plates, polish, stereo, Retro fit aeroblade wipers and changed my knob ;) Featuring my milk :)
  28. GavTypeR

EP3 Help with number plate issue please!

Precisely! I really didn't want to take the bumper off if I could help it, looks so much better now without those silly bolts and fresh new plates. Did a quick hand polish same day as well so car looks good, will have to upload some photos!
  29. GavTypeR

Hi all, Looking to upgrade my brakes but don't want to go mad spending loads of money as the car is only used on weekends. Going back to the EP3 from my much more modern car I just don't feel too confident with the braking power. Would I see a big difference with just different pads...
  30. GavTypeR

Solved this in the end by drilling out the centres and letting the nuts drop down behind :)
  31. GavTypeR

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

What is wrong with some people :( could have been a lot worse!
  32. GavTypeR

EP3 Premier Edition Seats

100% they are lovely!
  33. GavTypeR

Detailer needed in South Wales area

Oh dear :p
  34. GavTypeR

EP3 Timing chain slap even after being replaced

Definitely sounds like the starter motor sneeze to me!
  35. GavTypeR

Detailer needed in South Wales area

I know this was a while ago, but OCDetail in Caerphilly is superb. He's got a facebook page and is always detailing some lovely stuff, Ferraris etc!
  36. GavTypeR

I'm a bit clumsy so was hoping there was a way I could get at them without taking the bumper off. But is sounds like this might be my only option :(
  37. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

38. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Oh I will take good care of her, first plan is to get the underneath all cleaned and rust proofed!
  39. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

I know right :)
  40. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

Thanks guys, I'm certainly proud. The guy I bought it from (Lewis) had tears in his eyes as I left. Not sure if it was his love for the car or the fact he undervalued it by about £2,000. :)
  41. GavTypeR

Perfect advice that :)
  42. GavTypeR

Awww nuts, that's a bit pants isn't it, thanks for letting me know mate :)
  43. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

After lots of looking for a decent mileage EP3 Premier edition for a while I was starting to give up until my friend messaged me saying that he had "found a unicorn" for me. He had found this lovely Nighthawk black (Almost) standard example with only 58,000 miles on the clock. I went for a...
  44. GavTypeR

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Tried to work out why my passenger seat doesn't slide when I tilt it forwards :(:(
  45. GavTypeR

Hi all, Got myself a premier edition EP3 this week, now I remember from my old one (Non Premier) that the driver seat only tilted and didn't slide as well but the passenger one did. However in my premier edition the seat tilts but I can't seem to get it to slide at the same time to let...
  46. GavTypeR

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

I've just bought a 2006 premier edition, it's just clocked over 58,500 :)
  47. GavTypeR

Had bit of a look on here and it seems to be a grille off job to get at the back. I've seen conflicting posts regarding wether the whole bumper has to come off or if the grill can be removed on its own??
  48. GavTypeR

Hi all, I've just today picked up my third EP3 Type R, a lovely (almost standard) Black premier edition 2006 with only 59k on the clock! I've got a slight issue, I'm trying to take off the number plates to put my private plate on but it has the Mugen number plate bolts. Now the rears...
  49. GavTypeR

Leaking Aerial into Alarm Sensors - Help!!

I've got this problem also. I can see the nut that holds the aerial in place but can't get access to it. I have dropped the headlining but still can't get to it. Is there an easier way of doing this? I feel sealing it up is bit of a bodge??
  50. GavTypeR

EP3 Airbag issue driving me mad! Sorry if repost but really need help!!

Hi guys, recently bought my second CTR ep3 and it's been great up until now. I had the SRS Airbag light come on last week and managed to reset it using the paperclip method and it disappeared for a week. Unfortunately it has come back on and the paper clip reset doesn't work! My mate has a...
  51. GavTypeR

Strange rattle at aroung 2500-3000 rpm

Okay mate thanks for the advice, Its started making a noise when its first started in the morning as well, only for a couple of seconds that sounds like a belt so it could be that the belt is loose as well anyway I'm not sure, It only makes this noise when its cold, once the car has gotten upto...
  52. GavTypeR

Awesome mate, cheers for the advice, Is it the bearing on the pulley making the noise? Is it something I need to get changed asap? or will it get worse before its dangerous. I don't use the car much in the week so Im planning on getting it sorted Friday
  53. GavTypeR

Evening Chaps Maybe bit of a vague request but if anybody can help I would be happy. My CTR has developed a stronge metallic noise at around the above mentioned RPM range, Its not the heat shield on the drive shaft i've had this off already and had it fixed, its only when the engine is under...
  54. GavTypeR

Handbrake Adjustment

Alright, alright lol, my bad! Cheers pal!
  55. GavTypeR

Handbrake Adjustment

My handbrake in the car needs adjusting, is there an easy way of doing it on the lever, or does it have to be done on the rear brakes themselves??
  56. GavTypeR

Deposit paid...

You will love it, had mine 2-3 months and it still puts a smile on my face!!
  57. GavTypeR

Are these any good?

Might as well give them a punt for tenner!
  58. GavTypeR

Are these any good?

They are like £17.99 each though IIRC when I worked in halfords for 5 years myself?
  59. GavTypeR

Back in an R!

I almost bought a Corsa VXR but found them quite expensive for what they are, so I went with the Civic and I love it
  60. GavTypeR

Are these any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-64150NBP-Night-Breaker-Headlight/dp/B0047N0B0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360072347&sr=8-1 Need something new for my headlights, heard good things but these seem a bit too cheap? Thoughts?
  61. GavTypeR

The usual or not so usual, which car to go for Question?

I drove my ex's brothers cupra R with the 1.8 Turbo, and it was fast, But I think my Honda handles much better
  62. GavTypeR

Wheel Refurb thoughts and ideas?

I just googled this colour and it looks awesome!
  63. GavTypeR

My EP3 Cosmic Grey :) or Cheryl as she is known

Thanks Mate, will have a look at that later! ;)
  64. GavTypeR

I can't see it in work! i'll look tonight! :)
  65. GavTypeR

Thats what im debating mate like a grey colour!! I have a mate with a NHB CTR and he has white wheels, and they look awesome when clean, but hanging when they get slightly dirty!
  66. GavTypeR

Usually I would agree with you and that was my original intention! but I have seen a few with Black, and one or two with Matt Grey which looks pretty good
  67. GavTypeR

Yeah Thanks mate no worries!
  68. GavTypeR

I have a Cosmic Grey EP3 with standard wheels on it, and they need a refurb as they are a bit chewed up around the edges and are spoiling the look of the car, now originally I was going to keep them silver as they are now, but I am starting to think about changing the colour slightly. Now I...
  69. GavTypeR

Gearbox/Clutch Question

Just had my clutch done on Friday!! It feels so much better, its like a new car!! very happy indeed!!
  70. GavTypeR

flip key for ep3

Iv'e thought this as well as the fob and key combo looks a bit olf fashioned as well doesn't it!
  71. GavTypeR

Sorry if I'm asking ridiculous questions now Stoo, but is it basically like tracking a car but on a particular set Of settings e.g toe in, toe out etc?
  72. GavTypeR

Happy days, does this geometry setup need to be done in any kind of particular garage or is it something thats pretty common to find?
  73. GavTypeR

Thanks mate!!
  74. GavTypeR

Yeah mate I dont wanna go too nuts, I've bought spax kits and all that in the past and im over that sort of thing lol, just want it to look a bit lower! thanks for the reply :)
  75. GavTypeR

Help with HID's please

I have a 2004 EP3, I want a HID kit for it, are there legal ones out there that fit?? Thanks
  76. GavTypeR

Sorted thanks mate!! I'll look into it soon, Tyres and tax next month first haha!
  77. GavTypeR

How much are you looking at £££ wise with that? no need to change the shocks your saying is it mate?
  78. GavTypeR

Cheers guys!! I think it will be lowered in time! On that subject though, with CTR's what is the best option? I believe coilovers are a bit overkill for a road car, but is there any particular kits people use on here? I would obviously want to change shocks and springs together
  79. GavTypeR

Cheers mate! It is very straight, my mates a painter and he's looked around it and has said all the paint looks original! So it's never been involved in any dings by the looks of it, not bad for a 8 year old car eh?
  80. GavTypeR

yeah mate they are good fun standard for now but I'm sure we will end up playing with bits and bobs before long won't we :)
  81. GavTypeR

Thanks mate I looked for a long time for one in this Colour as I think it's a bit different, around by me they are all Milano or Silver! No plans as of yet as I still find it exciting and stuff but Im sure I will before long, pretty sure I'll lower it :)
  82. GavTypeR

Finally got my act together and managed to get some photos up! It's currently on 80k and it straight as a dye both sides! Wheels need doing but apart from that it's in very Good condition! Gav :)
  83. GavTypeR

whats better castrol edge 5w 30 or 5w 40 ?

Good answer haha ;)
  84. GavTypeR

Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB fitted

To be fair, it does look better in these photos!!
  85. GavTypeR

Fair enough mate, I had the silver one and I agree its not a fantastic match, I will agree with that one!, or maybe a carbon effect material?
  86. GavTypeR

fascia looks odd, why didn't you get a silver one? Nice unit though
  87. GavTypeR

Any advice?

Shining example of an absolute nail that one!!
  88. GavTypeR

Looking to get back in a Type-R - Opinions on these car's

The first one looks nice, and I wouldn't worry about the mileage myself especially with it having a full Honda SH, and from what I have heard the premier seats do fetch a pretty penny, as they are quite rare, and being Recaro as well!
  89. GavTypeR

FN2 Buying a high mileage FN2 type-r .. bad idea?

This would not bother me, mileage means nothing really these days on modern engines, especially hondas, as long as the history is good and there is plenty or receipts
  90. GavTypeR

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I just can't force myself to like that awful rear light design
  91. GavTypeR

Gearbox/Clutch Question

Awesome mate cheers, he obviously knew it was gone then when I bought it, just have to get my mate to fit. it now :)
  92. GavTypeR

Gearbox/Clutch Question

I have recently bought my Civic 2004, and have noticed at higher rev's (Vtec) the car is quite difficult to get into 3rd gear from 2nd, and then into 4th, Now I know at higher revs this can sometimes be the case, but it just doesn't feel very smooth When I bought the car the guy I bought it...
  93. GavTypeR

Locking nut problem

£20 isn't bad considering it costs him £10 for each set of teeth he uses on the kit, which does a maximum of 2 cars
  94. GavTypeR

Cheap tyres, post 'em here.

I've always bought my tyres from here being a Ponty boy myself, and agreed it is a sh*t hole and the staff are monkeys but They are cheap!
  95. GavTypeR

Locking nut problem

All sorted, the Honda master set didn't fit, spoke to a mate of mine with a DynaMechn kit, he had them off in 10 minutes and it cost me £20 happy days
  96. GavTypeR

Locking nut problem

Just spoke to Rydale Honda in Cardiff they said to bring the car down and they will bring the master set out from the back and try them on the car and a replacement one is about 9-10 quid, could be an easy solution
  97. GavTypeR

Locking nut problem

I totally agree mate I hate locking nuts as soon as they are off 4 basic nuts will be going in their place trust me! Just worried in case I get a flat etc! Going to a garage today to see if they can do anything!
  98. GavTypeR

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

2004 with 81k full main dealers history
  99. GavTypeR

Locking nut problem

Alright guys, Recently bought a CTR EP3, and the locking wheel nut key is missing, now I know they are McGard branded, but a friend of mine seems to think Honda only used a couple of different key combinations? can anybody advise? or is it small socket and mallet job? haha Thanks guys :):lol:
Back