• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. haGGard

Cat converter shield

Think most people will say just rip it off. I did on mine. Problem solved.
  2. haGGard

How accurate is your speedo?

Thats pretty normal tbh. I've never found a speedo to under read, they always say im going faster than i actually am. I usually go by the 10% rule In my current Astra i do an indicated 60mph during the 50mph average speed check commute.
  3. haGGard

Do rear tyres need to be same as front?

I dont think i've ever owned a car that hasn't got the same tyres on the front as the back! Would never have Different tyres on the same axle though
  4. haGGard

EP3 slow gear changes / notchy gearbox shifter

No advice from me, just commenting on the sound of your Vtec. God i miss the Vtec!
  5. haGGard

Heat Shield Question, Cant Find answer anywhere else....

When mine started ratlling around the cat, i just ripped it off. Didn't notice any difference apart from the annoying rattle was gone.
  6. haGGard

EP3 FACELIFT DRIVERS WINDOW DOESN'T GO ALL THE WAY UP

I had a similar problem on my old MG ZS. Could also try and put some silicone lubricant on the side 'rails' or channels or whatever they're called to help with smooth operation.
  7. haGGard

Engine management light (EP3 CTR)

Dont be paying £50 at a garage just for them to plug it in! Get yourself a bluetooth OBD2 reader or any OBD2 dongle off ebay first. Under a tenner and depending what the code is could save you a few quid
  8. haGGard

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Just read this thread from start to finish and i have to say i love your Ep3. It said in the first post though that the timing chain had already been done when you bought it? I agree with the HID's too, first thing i did on mine was rip them out and fit some nighbreakers!
  9. haGGard

Increased fuel consumption compared to earlier EP3

Beat me to it. 280 is all i would get also.
  10. haGGard

cleaned car and painted brake calipers

I would hope the wheel is off the car completely while painting! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  11. haGGard

cleaned car and painted brake calipers

Most people tend to go for Hammerite i think. Spray would work as long as you mask off the areas etc and make sure you do a few coats on each caliper. I've only ever done my calipers red once and i used paint brush. Make sure you spend ages prepping though, getting rid of all the dirt and crud...
  12. haGGard

HELP! Dead battery...Immobilizer not working?

Im probably wrong, but now the battery is charged, try unlocking he car with the fob, then locking it again, and then unlocking it again. Then try and start it. This was the immobiliser procedure i used to do
  13. haGGard

my civic ep3 a totally different paintwork more photos added

I was up bexleyheath Saturday night,I saw this car go past me i stopped to watch it do a U-turn on that 'roundabout' outside the Bowling then back up towards Asda again. Looked and sounded great! :smt003
  14. haGGard

creaking/squeaking steering wheel noise

I used the 'white lithium grease' method. Its a bit of a bodge but six months down the line and its still not squeaked since. 1) Buy white lithium grease (comes in a spray bottle with a straw like WD40 does) 2) Using a pin or stanley knife, punch a hole in 2 or 3 places along the steering rack...
  15. haGGard

I'm dartford. I'll have to keep an eye out for it! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  16. haGGard

Colour is good, i think it suits it, but yea the wheels are a bit bling bling for me. Wish i had a type r at 19, bet insuring it is tough. I was driving a 1989 Fiesta 1.1 when i was 19......in a very similar colour to that actually...Gold :lol: Where abouts in Kent are you? I recognise Lydden...
  17. haGGard

How to adjust handbrake after pads changed

Hi guys I changed my pads all round today. I've done it once before on my ep3 but last time I did it I adjusted the handbrake cable from inside the car to get the handbrake lever back down but a week or two after the rear right calliper seized on. The garage said the calliper was knackered...
  18. haGGard

Wheel/Brake Squeaking

Yea i change my pads myself and always copper grease them. This isnt a squeaky brake, its more a vibrating squeak. I' e checked the pads, they are low, but still meat on them. I'll look into changing them.
  19. haGGard

Wheel/Brake Squeaking

Sorry for a slight hijack, as I don't feel it needs a new thread, but yesterday I started getting very similar sounds coming from my drivers side rear wheel. Caliper was replaced last year, it's been fine since. But now sounds like a rattling squeak constantly except when I turn left. More...
  20. haGGard

Have i just bought a pooper ?? engine noise ??

My heat shield bracket is currently hanging loose round my CAT and 3,000 RPM is when its most noticeable, and like yours, sounds like something in a bottle being rattled. So yea i'd start with heat shields too.
  21. haGGard

Red 2004 EP3 Build

Looking good so far, i like the choice of wheels. I have Nankangs on the front of my EP3 as well, i don't think they're too bad, no good for all the pirelli and pilot sport connoisseurs but does me fine lol. I don't drive hard anyway. Edit: Whoops, no i don't, i have Hankooks, same sort of tyre...
  22. haGGard

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I only get around 220 before the light comes on. Mixed town/motorway driving.
  23. haGGard

FK2 Fuel for FK2

Fuel Octane never goes down well on a forum lol. Bit like discussing tyres. My ep3 is on over 150k miles, i only use 95Ron fuel and it runs smooth like new. I agree though that if the car was turbo'd or the ECU was mapped for a higher octane then it would be a different story and the...
  24. haGGard

EP3 Exhaust clamp around the CAT

Cheers guys, nice and simple. Rattling like a bag of old spanners at the minute.
  25. haGGard

EP3 Exhaust clamp around the CAT

Hey guys, Today while driving down the motorway the car didn't sound right. Basically a thin metal clamp that wraps right around the cat has come loose where the bolt that clamps it has corroded and sheared off. Now it's rattling around making a right racket, it's pretty embarrassing. I've had...
  26. haGGard

My 2004 EP3, Mugen Rep spoiler fitted

I've got a mugen rep rear spoiler too (was on it when i bought it) but mine sits flush. How come yours looks like its at an angle?
  27. haGGard

curts pfl ep3 build

I love a white Ep3
  28. haGGard

vtec tries but fails

Make sure oil is good and oil level is correct. Also try cleaning the vtec solenoid http://honda-tech.com/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/vtec-solenoid-valve-service-2860754/
  29. haGGard

Strange sound when steering at low speed

Sounds like it, is it more noticeable when under load (accelerating/braking)? Easy way to check is do a hill start and turn the wheel left and right a little
  30. haGGard

EP3 Front bumper rubber/plastic type valance or lip or splitter ISSUE

Mine fell off going up a steep ramp so i just cable tied it back on, one on each end.
  31. haGGard

Civic Type R = Immense motoring!

My car seems a bit back to front. On the cold days it just feels rather rough around the edges. Even when fully warmed up, the engine sounds noisier, the gear changes aren't as smooth etc, even down to the amount of tyre noise i get. Now its warming up a bit it feels alive! Engine is silky...
  32. haGGard

Anyone else's ep3 gear box do this

Mines done this before from 3rd to 4th. I would also put it down to what Lewisgame said about user error and over-eagerness, as when it happened to me i also noticed its when the clutch wasn't engaged fully.
  33. haGGard

wondered what these tips would look like on my ep3... well here we go :)

I like the way it mimics the spoiler as it flicks up. I used to have an exhaust like that on my XR2
  34. haGGard

Upgrade Headlight/Sidelight Bulbs

I've had osram night breakers in all my cars. I think they're great, plently of bright light and seem to last forever. So far mine have lasted 3 years. I had 6000k HID's in before, but ripped them out as i couldn't be bothered with the hastle of them, not to mention they're not legal.
  35. haGGard

creeking front end after fully upto temp ep3

I had this exact thing, after months of head scratching i found it to be the steering rack. Same symptoms as you, creaking sound when pulling away and braking. Its easier to hear when doing a hill start or the engine is under heavier load. I found a few people bought 'lithium grease' and...
  36. haGGard

Diagnostic codes P0132 and P0138

Thanks hamza. It's just I heard its best to use oem parts and genuine sensors cost an lot for what they are. I've cleared the code from the ecu for now and it's driving well again, no sluggishness and sudden kick of power for now. But we'll see how long that lasts and I'll go from there Sent...
  37. haGGard

Diagnostic codes P0132 and P0138

Hi guys i wonder if you can help me. I don't post in here much but am very much a background lurker! my engine management light has been on for some time, and the car seems to 'back off' and struggle, then kick back into life a lot when im driving. I got myself a scanning tool, and its reading...
  38. haGGard

Nearside headlight not working

Delayed update, but in the end I ripped out the HID's and just fitted some good ol' regular bulbs instead and all is well. Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  39. haGGard

Ok thanks, I will give it a go soon and report back Cheers Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  40. haGGard

Hi all. My ep3 has HID's installed from when I bought it. I don't have much experience with HID's but my passenger side one had stopped working. It has done this before but sprang back into life after a day. Although it's been 5 days now and it's not working. The ballast unit has stopped...
  41. haGGard

Is a faulty steering rack dangerous?

Hi all My 2002 ep3 steering rack has been knocking for a few months now, it still returns to the center and drives ok but it's just a little noisy. My question is can the steering actually stop working all together? Will I be driving down the road one day and all of a sudden find I can't turn...
  42. haGGard

Copper sump plug?

Good stuff. Cheers for that. I'll get cracking tomorrow when the suns out. Thanks
  43. haGGard

Copper sump plug?

First of all, hi all and apologies, I'm more of a background lurker on this forum. Went to pick up a sump plug washer from my normal motor shop today and all they could offer me was a copper washer. It looked more like a ring, as in the sort you put on your finger as it was cylindrical too...
  44. haGGard

Car wouldn't start

Ok thanks everyone. Ill check the connections tomorrow. It did have a load of crusty green stuff on the positive terminal but this just brushed off with a rag. It's driving ok for now. Thanks Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  45. haGGard

Car wouldn't start

Hi all. Quick question! My car wouldn't start on Friday (ep3 ph1). It unlocked fine but when I turned the ignition, the fuel pump primed like normal but then when I tried starting it, the engine was just clicking at me, and the dash board lights were going crazy. This would keep happening...
  46. haGGard

is this right ?

I pay about 58 pounds to fill up and get about 280-300 miles driving. That's mixed town driving and motorways.
  47. haGGard

Doors fouling on the front wings

Diamond. Thanks Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  48. haGGard

Silly question but is there a guide to getting the bumper off? Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  49. haGGard

Come to think of it, the air con doesn't work either. Probably needs more than just a re-gas! Oh god what have I bought! Thanks everyone for the help so far Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  50. haGGard

These pictures show a panel misalignment by the door and wing, and also the wing and bumper join. Looks to me like its been repaired at some point. Drives spot on though. Ill have to do a hpi check like you said Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  51. haGGard

Thanks. All I can see in the service history that might relate to it is a receipt for front wheel alignment. Also I've noticed that the drivers side headlight is only attached from the top mount fixing. The bottom prong has broken off. So maybe more evidence? Ill have a proper poke around at the...
  52. haGGard

Hi all I haven't owned my 02 CTR long, only about a month, but I've noticed both the drivers and passenger door fouls on the front wings when you open them and makes an annoying creaking sound. It's taking the paint off where it's fouling too. Do the hinges on these cars 'sink' like they used...
  53. haGGard

Motul oil

Got 10 litres of Fuchs TITAN SUPERSYN 5W-40 from opie oils as it was on offer so that should last me a while now
  54. haGGard

Motul oil

Ok cheers. I'll get some proper stuff for it soon.
  55. haGGard

Motul oil

Hi, I'm about to do my first oil change on a 02 CTR with 120k. I bought some 'motul 6100 synergie+' with a hamp filter but didn't realise the oil was semi-synth. However I've read a few posts and motul seems to be regarded as a good brand. It also says they are a good oil for all Hondas...
Back