• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. GRIM REP3R

S2000 & NSX what to look for when buying...?

Hi guys, me again... looking to part with the EP3 to pay some existing debts and bank some money then plan to save to get back in a Honda, I'm pretty certain I want to try an S2000 and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a buying guide? I'm aware of issues with the roof...
  2. GRIM REP3R

Am I just being thick...?

Hi guys, Shoot me as many times as you like with this one.... Been looking at Integra's recently so out of curiosity I thought I would check DC5 quotes online. I normally use a random licence plate from an car on ebay, tried a couple of different ones so far and none of the comparison sites...
  3. GRIM REP3R

Can someone give me a rough idea...?

Hi guys, Looking for rough figures for the following to see if it is worth doing... currently have: Spoon N1 2.5" Supersprint B-pipe KnN Typhoon with cold air feed Future mods (maybe): rbc manifold dc sports manifold + decat kpro/k100 remap frsu (eventually) what do you guys...
  4. GRIM REP3R

Strange Noise From Gearbox or Clutch?? Advice Please

Hi guys I know this has been asked many times and I have done some reading but various threads have different answers... So.. I pulled into the drive this evening and noticed a very weird noise coming from the front of the car, hard to describe but it is like a rattling/grinding noise it...
  5. GRIM REP3R

HELP.....

Hi guys, Replaced my gearbox oil this evening, running silky smooth however... I broke the bonnet release :mad: Can someone tell me if there is an easy fix or am I going to need to replace the whole cable? If so, how much of a PITA of a job is it? Here is the bonnet pull.. Cheers in advance
  6. GRIM REP3R

Are braided lines worth it?

Hi guys, I'm going to be fitting DS2500 pads shortly as my current OEM ones are running low according to my recent MOT. I was wondering whether it's worth buying some braided brake lines? I use my EP3 as a daily driver covering approx 150-175 miles a week mixed driving, I don't plan on taking...
  7. GRIM REP3R

REPLACING GEARBOX OIL CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM?

Hi guys planning on changing my gearbox oil at some point over the next fortnight and I just wanted to confirm the gearbox capacity, I know it has been mentioned in other threads and from reading I thought it was 1.7L however I just went to my local Honda dealer and they told me 3-3.5L...
  8. GRIM REP3R

Worth buying?

I've already got a Spoon N1 and Supersprint B-pipe so I'm looking to continue with the exhaust but wanted to know what you guys thought of this...
  9. GRIM REP3R

New Insurance Premium....22yo w/ 6YR NCB good deal or..?

Hi guys Just got this years quote of £900.76 2004 Type R EP3 with Spoon N1, Supersprint B pipe and Pipercross Induction Kit modifications declared. 6 Years NCB with Admiral bonus accelerator scheme 22 years old No speeding offenses, accidents etc For what I have at my age I don't think £90...
  10. GRIM REP3R

Sorry for the repetitive question...just need a yes/no

Hi I've just bought a Supersprint B-pipe and I'm looking at replacing both the front and rear gaskets when I fit the b pipe; my question is... Are the standard OEM gaskets enough? I currently have a standard system with an N1 backbox I've been quoted £2.87 for both from motofacts as opposed...
  11. GRIM REP3R

THE MOT...

So the EP3 went in for the MOT this morning and passed but not without some advisories... Front brake pad(s) wearing thin Offside front, nearside front and offside rear tyres at 3mm Nearside rear tyre at 2mm Centre exhaust section rear flange deteriorated I planned on buying a sportex b...
  12. GRIM REP3R

S2000 & NSX Opinions on S2000?

Hi guys Just looking for advice/opinions, experiences, etc I'm toying with the idea of getting an S2000, don't get me wrong I love my EP3 and will struggle to part with it but I have always had a keen eye for S2k's since I passed my driving test and always saw it as a car that I will always...
  13. GRIM REP3R

Wonder how the boys in blue will take this...

So I stumbled across this on ebay for 99p and after seeing it before I thought I might as well buy it....looking forward to the next time I'm stopped :D
  14. GRIM REP3R

Supersprint or Sportex B-pipe??

Hi Just wondering what you guys thought was better?? I'm looking at a supersprint at the moment but I've also found a sportex pipe for half the price...is it worth paying double?? I'm after a jap sound without the really "nails-in-a-tin" raspy sound, I've found these two vids on youtube but...
  15. GRIM REP3R

Will this pass the MOT?

I've got a Spoon N1 backbox on the car at the moment and considering a Sportex Unsilenced B-Pipe...will this combination pass the MOT as it is next month :)
  16. GRIM REP3R

So overjoyed to be greeted by this...

Not sure if this is posted in the right area but.. Went out to lunch at work to find this yesterday... Someone obviously didn't see the car clearly parked in the space when they were reversing, this is the worst of it there are various cracks in the paint across the front...needless to say...
  17. GRIM REP3R

engine issue - any advice/experiences

Hi guys Bit of an issue with the EP3... i posted a thread before regarding the idle control valve in which the car feels like it wants to die when stopping to the point where the car vibrates and the lights flicker, then the car corrects itself and idles fine. The issue now is the car is now...
  18. GRIM REP3R

FRSU - Lowestoft?

Just wondering where the nearest/best place would be for me in Lowestoft also, how much would I need to be looking at parting with? Cheers
  19. GRIM REP3R

ICV...?

Hi guys, I know this has been covered many many times in other threads as I've been reading through them all morning..My ICV needs cleaning as I have a rough idle when coming to a stop to the point where the car nearly cuts out and it is starting to annoy me. I know how to clean the ICV and I've...
  20. GRIM REP3R

Email Notifications

Hoping someone can help, I'm one of the small minority that is happy to receive instant email notification when threads have new posts, etc but just recently I haven't been receiving any... I have read other threads here regarding turning them off and have reversed the process several times but...
  21. GRIM REP3R

Spoon N1 Backbox Rattling?? Any Suggestions?

Hi Guys, This may have been covered in a previous thread if so please don't shoot me just point me in the right path... Since fitting my N1 backbox there is an annoying tapping/rattling when idling/driving, etc I've checked for any loose bolts and they are all fine but I just cannot locate...
  22. GRIM REP3R

Possible ICV issue? any help would be great :-)

sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but just looking to be put in the right direction. Bought my 04 ep3 with 61k on the clock about a mnth ago and found that when slowing or stopping the revs drop as if it is going to cut out (the lights even dim) then corrects itself, it bounces around...
  23. GRIM REP3R

Spoon N1 Backbox - Admiral - Might be helpful

Hi All, Just posting this more for a helping hand/guide. Just phoned admiral and insured my genuine Spoon N1 backbox on my EP3. I have 3 months remaining on my policy (10 month bonus accelerator) and it has cost me £7.00 extra a month between now and July. They didn't really seem too...
  24. GRIM REP3R

What do you guys think?

Hi guys, bought my first EP3 just over a week ago and am already racking up a list of things I want to do, just wondering if anyone can give me any points/advice/recommendations/alternatives to the following; Future Mods Spoon N1 cat back Gruppe M induction Mintex grooved discs + pads Tegiwa...
  25. GRIM REP3R

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

Hi All my name is Mike, I'm from Lowestoft and bought my first EP3 just over a week ago and I don't think I've stopped smiling...coming from a Fiesta ST it is quite a difference
Back