• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

Jack's Cosmic Grey EP3 Premier Edition!

I mean it depends what you want i think. The Gruppe M is loud, some love this (me included) some don't. The Mugen is a lot quieter, so the Gruppe M volume haters will love it. Personally i think the Gruppe M looks the best in the bay. Horses for courses. Anyway, the Injen apparently make the...
  2. J

EP3 Steve Satin Silver Premier 2006

Id love a set of the JDM mats, but good ones are always seriously expensive! My car is not mapped so not speaking from experience here, rather just from reading, but most would agree you'll get gain out of a map on a stock car, but you'd probably be better to go the full hog on modding if you...
  3. J

There are a lot of threads and dyno evidence of it being poor for power. It is essentially a standard box with the baffles removed right? But if you are able to make 10BHP over an already BHP making Gruppe M, then thats simply staggering. You must be making about 20BHP out of the Mugen airbox...
  4. J

Mike's Cosmic EP3

Car looks tidy! Keep us updated on the exhaust!
  5. J

My 5th ep3!

Looks good man. Saw it on Facebook. I agree with the wheels. Looks good! Enjoy!
  6. J

Thanks man. Yeah, great system for sure. I love it!! It is perfect. I had a good read through your thread there on your own car. Looking good, can see you are a fan of Mugen parts! I noticed you stumbled into the JDM fitment at the cat end from the Twin Loop- I easily rectified this by just...
  7. J

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Thats terrible mate! Hope you get back on to them and get it sorted!
  8. J

Yeah, i love them. To me they are the perfect sound, and perfect volume. Chris- the Mugen air box is a very nice looking piece! It would be super nice to have! However its not actually that beneficial over stock in terms of power. The Tegiwa Airbox which i have on out performs the Mugen...
  9. J

Its been a while since i have popped anything onto my thread here! The car has been carrying out its duties wonderfully over 10 months or so since i last posted. A couple things have changed however: Eibach ABP's were removed, standard suspension re installed Tegiwa Catback removed and...
  10. J

Problems with new tegiwa catback!

How loud is it? Very? Is it blowing now? I meant the Tegiwa catback is quite deep and drone when accelerating around 2-3k i found. Grand when cruising.
  11. J

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Car looks great buddy! Fit an intake to her for a little Vtec noise, Tegiwa or Gruppe M and just keep it nice and standard! Looks a great example!
  12. J

Well not much has changed. A full set of Bridgestone Potenza RE050A fitted and thats about all! As always, trying to keep it as clean as possible.
  13. J

Hey man, Cool! SD06 Reg?
  14. J

Cheers fellas! I must update my thread every once in a while. Not much has changed though, just new rubber. Bridgestone Potenza RE050A.
  15. J

Guys, Thanks for all the good comments! Glad some people appreciate her! In N.Ireland its rare to see a fairly standard and OEM car, and the most are thrashed and in really bad nick, nice to hear good comments! Eibachs are great! Post up a picture with yours when you get them fitted! Im...
  16. J

Tegiwa intake rattle

I have have the insert. Still get some little buzz's now and again!
  17. J

Tegiwa intake rattle

Its a nightmare! my scuttle would vibrate at certain revs. You really just have to play around with it until it sits correct and doesn't vibrate off anything!
  18. J

AEM V2

Thats the one!
  19. J

Tegiwa intake question

It comes with it when buying new, just check with seller if buying second hand. Tegiwa sell them anyway...
  20. J

vtec cross over

Hondata- quite pointless, no real benefits, you won't really even gain any noise, nothing performance wise either, plus you'll be hacking up your air box K&N Typhoon/AEM V2- cheap, makes a lot of noise, will do nothing for performance, debatably it will run worse Tegiwa M/Gruppe M- very loud...
  21. J

So today it got a service. In the form of: Millers Nanodrive 5 litres OEM Honda Oil Filter Honda MTF 3 Transmission Fluid 2 litres NGK Iridium Spark Plugs All came through Tegiwa, many thanks for their good service Did it myself in the garage as per usual, that way i know what...
  22. J

Thanks guys, appreciate it!
  23. J

CheatsIP5 JDM EP3

Lovely car. Any plans?
  24. J

Hi guys, So the only thing left on the car which needed tending was the haziness on the headlights that these cars are soo famous for. It was tackled with a DA Polisher and Chemical Guys V34, V36 and V38! It did a fabulous job and they came up really good! No sanding was done! The right...
  25. J

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Nice one! Looking good!
  26. J

TEGIWA Cat back thoughts?

Got mine. Cracking job!
  27. J

Yeah its a real good job! Sound like what you need!
  28. J

So its been well over a year since i have purchased anything for the car. I have pondered over getting a catback for some time, but was just concerned about getting the correct one. I wanted something not too loud, wouldn't really know it was there when normal driving and a small tip! Seemed...
  29. J

First modification

Yeah a little expensive, But when you see it in the bay and you hear the noise of it you won't mind the price you paid! Also you don't have any of the issues to worry about of sucking in water that the likes of the long ram intakes like the Injen have and hydrolocking your engine. The Teg is the...
  30. J

First modification

As above, you won't need a map for the intake. The EP3 takes very well to a bolt on intake. The KPRO is expensive. Around £700 to get mapped. I have the Tegiwa intake straight on without a map and its fab!
  31. J

First modification

Buddy have a look at the Tegiwa Intake. Hailed as the best there is. I have one and its fab! Cant comment on the Injen!
  32. J

Tegiwa Catback

Do you still have the catback?
  33. J

Been a while since I've posted on here! Not much has changed! Couple of weeks ago i spent the day with some Auto Finesse products and a buffer going round the whole car. Smashing job it turned out to be! Here's a couple of snaps for you all....
  34. J

Kyle's 225.2BHP 172.3lbft Cosmic grey EP3

Nice one Kyle!! I can see from the graph there on the dotted line (which is stock run with solid being the remap?) the car made about 218bhp with the mods? thats more than i would have expected!! So about 7bhp on peak power gain yeah? Your midrange gain is maaassiveeeee!!! Good job then? Id...
  35. J

Yeah buddy, thats where i come from! hahah Ohhh flip!! Did you bump it?
  36. J

Mike's EP3!

Ohhh leather!! Looking good!!
  37. J

Well, i got round to doing the service yesterday evening, Millers Nanodrive is in and the Hamp Oil filter too! All very easy to do, oil filters a tad awkward in its placement, and the sump bolt took a bit of force to get free! But that will do it for another while anyway! :)
  38. J

Yeah id imagine it'd be a big job! I like em!
  39. J

That was quick! Sound clips please!
  40. J

Hi! I have no idea where you would get them as they were there when i bought the car... I'm assuming they are factory? I would imagine you could fit yourself... its wired to a button on the panel where you adjust wing mirrors!
  41. J

Hey all, Its service time! Gone for Millers CFS Nanodrive 5w40 and a genuine Hamp oil filter. So now time to get that on and in it! Anyway, here's a wee pic in the meantime...
  42. J

Ive seen a couple of dynos with just a teg M fitted, and have seen anything from 205 to 211 unmapped!
  43. J

When i popped the Tegiwa intake it made the car more responsive! And the soundddd!!!!
  44. J

My EP3 Anniversary

Loooking good buddy! You have the cut out on your scuttle for a tegiwa/gruppe M intake?
  45. J

Looking forward to seeing what she makes! Do me a big favour and find out the power with just the Tegiwa fitted before they do the map? EP3irish- spotted you in milltown spar there one night :P
  46. J

Thanks Mrhaz. I try my best!
  47. J

Thanks buddy! :)
  48. J

Thanks chaps, Yeah try to keep it that way!
  49. J

Okay Guys, Gave it a good wash and wax and general clean. Took a wee snap for you all, hope you like! No real plans for it apart from keeping it mint and OEM.
  50. J

Lowering springs ruining the car?

Okay, so your recommendation is standard then?
  51. J

A couple of the well known companies which sell the springs seemed to advise me that progressive was better!
  52. J

Okay sweet! Why is progressive not what i want? When i put in my ABP's at 30mm all round the geometry was out a good bit! Ill be getting it done again anyway, it did make a big difference to how the car handled.
  53. J

Looking into the Pro Kit, do you think i can get away with this? Its a 15mm drop...i currently have the ABP Eibachs with a FRSU and it handles well, but the car is bumpy and crashy a bit! and id like a bit extra ride height for practical reasons!
  54. J

Revving issues after tegiwa intake fitted

Sounds like something may be keeping the throttle body open!
  55. J

My 2004 EP3, Mugen Rep spoiler fitted

Car looks good!
  56. J

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

Nice one buddy! I love to do one!! Class about the intake, what intake kit did the other have? I yake it yours was the stand out sound and everyone was like whaaat has he got under there?? Haha
  57. J

I see! Exhaust wise, the Tegiwa Catback is apparently quiet but comes alive in vtec. This is the one I'm considering atm, just haven't taken the plunge yet! The FRSU is a great mod, i have Eibach ABP springs, 30mm all round if you want to check out my thread you will see pics of the ride height...
  58. J

Looking good buddy! Hope you're enjoying that Tegiwa Intake:) What does the brake stopper actually do??
  59. J

Premier cosmic EP3 Turbo, running

What do you make of the Tegiwa Catback? Good? Im looking for something quietish but with better flow than a standard system. Will be using standard manifold and cat.
  60. J

Awesome, I'm sure youll enjoy!
  61. J

My Ep3 type R

Could we get some clips of tegiwa exhaust buddy?
  62. J

Yeap there sure is! If i could find some decent vids of the Tegiwa cutback, I'm thinking it may be the one!
  63. J

Cool stuff, yeah i came from a Typhoon, have never driven the car with an OEM Airbox. I think it defiantly feels more responsive, and seems to go better! Glad you're enjoying!
  64. J

How did you find coming from the OEM box? i didn't come from stock to the Tegiwa!
  65. J

Yeah its a good bit of kit now! Did you come from OEM? How you enjoy the sound? Yeah snaps are always good :)
  66. J

sweet! yeah its rubbish! Yeap, the CPL Reflash! Theres a thread on here somewhere of a guy who go it done and writes a good review of it! Think it lowers vtec to 5200rpm as well! Yeah I'm after a quiet catback, just haven't decided yet....
  67. J

Sweeet! Does the dc sports back box fit straight onto the standard b pipe? Yeah, trying to get somewhere that maps ecu's around here isn't easy! Id like a quiet-ish catback and to be honest I'm pretty happy with it! Thanks Garry!
  68. J

Yeap i know the car, seen it about too! Yeah, i was really happy with the price, couldn't complain! Awesome, have you many plans for her? Is there much done already?
  69. J

Hmmm.... is JFZ the reg? Have you a build thread or anything? They charged me £50 for it, i see people saying they get charged an awful lot more than that!
  70. J

Really you've seen me about? Sweet, whereabouts you from? Yeah it was DA Stewart in Moneydig, they have a brand new laser geometry machine, they set up rally cars and all! They know what theyre at!
  71. J

I think its still too loud, plus im not a fan of how big the tail pipe is! Its a bit sewer-pipe ish to me!! Ahah Fujitsubo RM0-1A is best ive found so far!
  72. J

Tegiwa Catback

Hi, Does anyone have one? Can you tell me what you think of it? Im looking for something quiet and that will unlock a few extra bhps! If you can provide pics and even better videos that would be so good! Will be running with standard manifold and cat!
  73. J

Thanks buddy! Im thinking possibly a catback and thats really all! Im totally happy with it as it is! Looking a quiet catback that will provide a few bhp!
  74. J

Todd's Championship White Honda Integra DC5.

Yeah buddy, i sure am! this is it right here ... http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?94400-Jack-s-Cosmic-Grey-EP3-Premier-Edition%21
  75. J

No problem! Yeah, I've thought of spacing out the front, i can't imagine it would cause any problems cause the arches aren't down on the tyre there's still a wee gap, i can't see there being any problem!
  76. J

Thanks buddy! Yeah, these are the eibach abp springs, 30mm drop along with the camber bolts and camber arms and then the FRSU. The springs are a lovely height as you can see in the pics, there is no rubbing or catching at all, my exhaust doesn't even catch on any speed bumps! The ride is good...
  77. J

New member from Belfast; Premier edition ep3 type R

Cool! Good to see another N.I member! Your pics are very small !
  78. J

Paul's 2005 Cosmic Grey EP3 (completely standard and very clean!)

Get up some pics of her! Miles? Year?
  79. J

Todd's Championship White Honda Integra DC5.

Car looks great! Ive seen this about the North Coast!
  80. J

Cool, yeah you'll enjoy it!
  81. J

Car looks fab! Tegiwa/Gruppe M Intake?
  82. J

Thanks guys for the lovely comments! Yeah i have to say colour coded for me.... it just sets the car off and the colour coded is too glarish/boy racer! I am really a fan of Clean and OEM looking!
  83. J

I have no idea, it was with the car when i bought it! Not sure which one, but i can confirm the fit is perfect, it looks OEM fit!
  84. J

Yeah, heres some pics of the spoiler! Theres some snaps for you! I like it! I just like the plain grey! Yeah, if this one breaks i will... i like the OEM look of the stock one though in the bay!
  85. J

Thanks guys! Yeap the spoiler is a nice addition to the car! And IMO i like it colour coded to the car, its not as glarish as a carbon fibre one or anything! Thanks for the comments!
  86. J

Hey guys! New on here so thought id introduce myself and my car! Im from N.Ireland. So yeah, Here she is and a bit about it! Its a 2006 Premier Edition EP3, Cosmic Grey, purchased with 51,000 miles! I have done a few things to it in the time I've had it... Things i have done so far...
  87. J

TEGIWA intake

It is highly unlikely that you will hydrolock with a tegiwa intake on, it has a drain hole at the bottom and a bell like bottom which goes down quite far and water collects down there and drains out. As far as the fuel question - Yes you will use more fuel! There is an improved airflow with...
  88. J

Cold air to typhoon

It will not help at all! I have a Tegiwa intake and a Typhoon and when sticking on the typhoon you really don't notice any benefit with the scuttle from the Tegiwa there. The Typhoon makes a lot of noise and a great noise, that is all really.
Back