• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Evl

The New HR-V concept

So, on Wednesday I travelled 460mi, and Px my civic for a new hrv. Enjoying it so far. Got her booked in for rear tints next week and a PTFE protection to be done. Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
  2. Evl

FK2 Track day here in Abu Dhabi

Used to takes me about 24 mins to do the full marina circuit on a Tuesday. I was on a road bike though.
  3. Evl

Had my car 4 weeks and.....

If you keep a weapon beside you, even if you use it in defence, it's seen as premeditated and you will not get away with it.
  4. Evl

Had my car 4 weeks and.....

do you have PIR lights outside? if not, look to fit them. Also, if you're in your own driveway, perhaps installing a couple of retractable bollards at the bottom of your driveway.
  5. Evl

The New HR-V concept

oh, and i've saved £60 on the insurance changing over that's £150 for insurance for the year.
  6. Evl

The New HR-V concept

Decided on the Derv. Deposit is paid and i pick it up next week. HONDA HR-V DIESEL HATCHBACK 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi in brilliant sporty blue. I'll be sad to see my gen 8 derv machine go, but it's done 121,000miles and it's rattling now when it's driven. I used carwow and I saved £2k on the price...
  7. Evl

The New HR-V concept

just in the process of buying one of these.
  8. Evl

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It's not that i don't have any interest, but for the millage i do it's just not practical to entertain it. A test drive would just upset me.
  9. Evl

FN2 Fitting the most frustrating badge in the world!

Don't bother mate, just leave it until you have the right stuff.
  10. Evl

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Saw one on the road this morning - Wasn't holding back.....
  11. Evl

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Do it. it's not that difficult to do
  12. Evl

Views on 2,2 CDTi

thats right, blame me!! :)
  13. Evl

Views on 2,2 CDTi

Now on 104k miles. still going strong with the exception of water in the grill plastic window after driving through the flooding in Aberdeen last week.
  14. Evl

Honda's new HR-V is in the running for the What Car? Reader Award for 2015

Going to see this on Friday. May place an order to replace my current civic as a commute car
  15. Evl

possible attempted hack?

Had the same email this morning. Mods, was this something serious?
  16. Evl

Merlins blood

I saw that and thought it looks pretty good. I don't know of anyone who uses it though
  17. Evl

My new purchase

Hello Matey
  18. Evl

Black Type R - Fly Eyes, Thoughts?

Let us know, with pics how the rears turn out. I hate the plastic look on the back end and this would be a great alternative.
  19. Evl

new brake disks and pads needed

Cancel that. Looks like they are known to crack. EBC it is then.
  20. Evl

new brake disks and pads needed

It's getting close to replacing the disks and pads on my 08 civic derv mile muncher. I'm currently doing 45k miles a year and have gone through a set of pads, and this time I think the disks will need doing. I've spoken to the dealers and been offered £275 for a set fitted, but that would be...
  21. Evl

Views on 2,2 CDTi

BTW, my neighbour has a 02 Accord Diesel. He's currently on 235k miles. so far, 1 clutch and 1 turbo. Not bad considering his daughter has it now and the dirty cow has left it to rot.
  22. Evl

Views on 2,2 CDTi

I have an 08 derv Civic. nice car, I have the toys in it, completely standard - perfect for commuting. I was advised to keep £1k aside for when the clutch goes. I'm at 82k at the moment, it everything feels good still, apart from the brakes, which I will need to change the disks and pads...
  23. Evl

P0141 after filling up with Super...

More than likely, you would be more right than wrong.
  24. Evl

FN2 Rust along the windscreen seal

Got my 08 done last year. Wasn't a problem.
  25. Evl

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

I like your exhaust noise! ;)
  26. Evl

Painted brakes

There is a thread on here in the how to section on painting which shows where and where not to apply paint
  27. Evl

Soooo it's not a Honda

Nice one Lottie
  28. Evl

21 year old insurance

So where's the cheapest and most expensive areas for insurance in the UK?
  29. Evl

21 year old insurance

Could be living in Shetland
  30. Evl

Alfa Romeo 156 of win

Windows not working are a quirk of the car not a fail.
  31. Evl

2004 civic type r timing chain kit

So pretty much misuse and not paying attention to your car and it's needs? Regular maintenance is key to keeping your car in good condition IMO.
  32. Evl

Honda S2000 Modulo Climax

Only Honda nuts will be that excited about it
  33. Evl

New Section?

That would be a good idea. Saves it being lost in different sections.
  34. Evl

MOT Expiration/Void ?

Ask yourself this, what does it say in the manual? I bet it says something along the lines of 'stop driving and call the AA' something like that. I would bet its a fail as its a warning light, much the same as having no water in your bottle is a fail. It's a visual check so I would think...
  35. Evl

Remote Start !

It's a bit of a minefield when you look at it.
  36. Evl

Remote Start !

Edit – further reading suggests that not only is it illegal to leave a car running unattended in the UK, its also an offence to leave it running while stationary for more than a reasonable time (i.e. you should technically turn it off in traffic jams by law) but also most insurances only cover...
  37. Evl

Remote Start !

You need to have that conversation with your insurance company first. I seem to remember something about them not being allowed in the UK.
  38. Evl

No Claims Bonus Expiry ???

i picked up bike insurance with 3 years no claims having never had a bike before based only on what my car insurance was. Go figure on that one!
  39. Evl

No Claims Bonus Expiry ???

Think it depends on the company matey. my bother in law has only 12 months he was told so I guess its speculative.
  40. Evl

MOT Expiration/Void ?

Well, it depends on two things. If your current MOT has expiredThe law is quite clear: you MUST have an MOT. Without it your insurance is void and you’re breaking the law. So say, for example, your MOT runs out on 30 November and you’ve got a test booked for that same day. If your vehicle fails...
  41. Evl

MOT Expiration/Void ?

a car that does not have a current MOT Certificate is not allowed to be used on the road except when going for repairs for a test, or to a prearranged test.
  42. Evl

FN2 Driving the Honda When cold.

My derv machine does it too. I wouldn't want to remap tbh, would seem to be driving the car harder when it's cold, which could do damage that's preventable
  43. Evl

FN2 Bluetooth phone pairing

Try a funny accent. My EX works better with an american accent.
  44. Evl

how can i register to sell parts on here?

Was close :lol:
  45. Evl

how can i register to sell parts on here?

60 posts and 60 days of being a member on here is the rule IIRC.
  46. Evl

Mtf-3

Gareth, can you do the forum a favour and watch the text speak and it's not approved of. You use U instead of you, and have done so a few times on the thread.
  47. Evl

Mtf-3

Buck the trend and do something left wing man. Let us know how you get on.
  48. Evl

Mtf-3

I need a popcorn.gif for this
  49. Evl

Project ep3 s2000 clocks - video update

Project ep3 s2000 clocks I like white on black. Looks clean
  50. Evl

Project ep3 s2000 clocks - video update

Project ep3 s2000 clocks Have a look here: http://hondaswap.com/car-audio-security-electronic-accessories/s2000-dash-96-civic-42953/ http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?53308-s2000-cluster-into-02-EP3 Even kits for conversions...
  51. Evl

What be this ?? Never Seen This Before.....

Or take the hint ;)
  52. Evl

Am I burning oil. Ep3

Average is 1l per 1000 miles. Some use more, some less. Keep an eye on it
  53. Evl

FN2 Gear Gaiter Replacement

I've wondered that too. seems to be the the Audi TT gater is one that is used alot, i've no idea why that is either.
  54. Evl

FN2 Gear Gaiter Replacement

I like that.
  55. Evl

if you want your head to explode in rage

Update from today's local paper..
  56. Evl

I used to work with her bloke, just can't remember where! nice couple and dont deserve the grief that they got from the police. Grampian police is all about ticking boxes rather than policing so i'm glad that it's finally come to the press if i'm honest about it.
  57. Evl

Honda S2000 Modulo Climax

Why did they put chrome on the nose?? fugly
  58. Evl

hi my names chris from falkirk scotland

Hello. Car looks nice matey
  59. Evl

Picture upload

At least photobucket still works
  60. Evl

Picture upload

That would explain it. Thanks Chris
  61. Evl

Picture upload

Like that^ Copy the link to it then post the link using the pic URL link. I'm using tapia talk, but its the same with the laptop The link is : https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc7t3bekh0ru5lu/781.JPG I made it available for all so I don't think it's restricted.
  62. Evl

Picture upload

63. Evl

Picture upload

Not sure if its something I'm doing but if I post a link from dropbox the same way I do for photo bucket I'm unable to do so. Is Dropbox supported?
  64. Evl

pulling to the left under heavy braking

Imbalance of the pads or disks?
  65. Evl

Got my insurance renewal....

Just called them and they couldn't match it. I'm going with Privilege for next year.
  66. Evl

Car due in 2 weeks. Currently £366.69 and i've just had a quote from another place for £240.62 Same deal, with the same extras. Which should I be going for?
  67. Evl

Never understood why they don't just give a competitive renewal quote.
  68. Evl

Driver / Passenger Headrest Pillow Cushions for EP3?

Try a cushion under your butt. You'll be a little higher and miss the hole
  69. Evl

Just tried the Megs Headlight Restore Kit

Cheers stu.
  70. Evl

FOCUS RS & CIVIC EG STOLEN!

Bad times. look out on gumtree too.
  71. Evl

Just tried the Megs Headlight Restore Kit

Will have to give the mrs Yaris the toothpaste treatment when I get home. her headlights are brown and have annoyed me for long enough. thought that it was unrepairable.
  72. Evl

What can i expect for my money?

What Tom said is right enough. keep your eyes on the cars for sale here.
  73. Evl

EVLs FK3

I'm hoping just point and cash. Last point just came off on feb this year and I was so pleased at my sensible driving too after the speeding ban, fine, then fine. All sp 30's too, but this was my own stupid fault. I was thinking that the reality was about 65/66 as I was at 69mph on the...
  74. Evl

EVLs FK3

Got them off Wayne on civinfo via FB. I'm happy enough with them even though my brother gave me one of his 'why do you have them on' looks. Not happy with the cruise though. Was coming down and not paying attention, next thing I'm cruising through a 50 zone at 70! Double lights on the camera...
  75. Evl

EVLs FK3

Drove to Hull today from home. 420miles start to finish. Topped up to the brim in Dundee and carried on travelling 320miles on just under half a tank, with an estimated 310miles in reserve. Pretty happy with that mileage.
  76. Evl

Headlight Issue.

English please!!!!! No text speak
  77. Evl

Ultrasonic unit leak

I'm sure there was a post on here a while ago that mentioned a leak from the ariel.
  78. Evl

EVLs FK3

New stuff came today, front fog protectors and a new sat nav disk. Both are installed and I'm happy.
  79. Evl

EVLs FK3

It's just my luck that I will crack a lens so I nought a set from the nice people at civinfo was just the right idea. I've ordered in sky blue even though I now think I should have ordered the dark tint. Time will tell though.
  80. Evl

EVLs FK3

Thanks matey. My fog light protectors haven't arrived yet but I will post a new pic when I have them fitted
  81. Evl

EVLs FK3

Quick pic of the new arrival. It's been raining most of the day, but stopped to allow me to take this. Note, the Accord is the neighbours, and just clocked 220,000miles yesterday!
  82. Evl

EVLs FK3

Well, I received her today, and driving home on the twisties I managed 58.3mpg. I gave her a check over when I got back and found the passenger wing mirror indicator was cracked. That is being sorted by the garage after a short phone call, but if that's the only issue it's a small one. I've...
  83. Evl

EVLs FK3

Looks like an epic job. On the other hand, I could combine that with the rear camera, which would please the missus. Off to civic info to find out more.
  84. Evl

EVLs FK3

I saw the voice command button, and will have a time playing with that. I tested it twice. The second time was just so that the missus could practice reverse parking to see if she was happy with it. Thankfully she is :) I'm happy enough with the car, but all the buttons and USS Enterprise...
  85. Evl

EVLs FK3

I've finally decided to get a decent car again. The Lupo just wasn't cutting it anymore and since I want something more comfortable on long journeys to Hull, I looked at different options, finally settling on a 08 Civic EX I-CTDI with 37k on the clock. I pick her up next week and cannot wait to...
  86. Evl

Ultrasonic unit leak

Could be from the ariel? Might be worth checking that
  87. Evl

Petrol prices in your area

It's gone up a few pennies but when you see how little retailers are making i'm surprised the government can take so much of a cut
  88. Evl

Petrol prices in your area

I see the Sun is running some poster thing to highlight that 60% of the price of fuel is now tax. The government is going to bring the country to a standstill unless they either A) Cap fuel as it has been talked about, which is probably just as silly an idea ot B) make the public transport...
  89. Evl

This^ Grampian Police is as much used as a chocolate teapot when it comes to crime solving. Scooby Doo would have had it tied up months ago..
  90. Evl

Timing bellt has been changed

No believe - it IS a timing chain.
  91. Evl

Do you HAVE to insure a SORN'd car?

As rossy says. I have a bike that I sorn every year because it's in cardboard boxes which has no insurance.
  92. Evl

Do you HAVE to insure a SORN'd car?

I'm sorn the lupo next week. It's mot tie again and it needs a few bits and bobs, but the finances have taken a hit and I need the next pay check before getting it done properly.
  93. Evl

Decent single din head unit for under £100?

Basic as it gets and for the price it's worth having
  94. Evl

FN2 Rather Embarrassing

Saw an old dear tonight in a Mugen CRZ. She looked around 75, but was enjoying every second. I thought about taking her number to pass to Geoff.
  95. Evl

Key Fob range and reliability

You could try it, but. Don't blame me if you overcook it. Most likely it's a bad connection, especially with the range you aren't getting now. Oh, and don't call me Shirley ;)
  96. Evl

Are these mods a good idea?

Do it. Best mod you can have and improves handling better than adding anything else
Back