• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. RY4N

I'm so glad this forum is still going!

I haven't been on here In 4 years!! I know, it's disgraceful. I am so glad to see it still going. Facebook is just full of idiots, hopefully the same caliber of type-r owners I am familiar with are still about! Glad to be back Ryan Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  2. RY4N

Steering arm angle

Need a bit of help. Can anyone tell what the angle of the steering arms are on a stock civic? Flat, angled up, angled down? Thanks
  3. RY4N

Roll cage question

I have a saftey devices bolt in cage. However the foot plates need welded in. They are made from 3mm mild steel. Any welders on here or anyone had these welded in their cars? Is it best to mig or tig? Thanks
  4. RY4N

Removing crash bar.

Does anyone know for sure if removing the front crash bar will have an adverse affect on the rigidity/handling of the car. Will this cause the chassis to flex/move? I have it removed at the moment to allow room for a front intercooler. However I'm experiencing pulling left to right under power...
  5. RY4N

Faulty Eibach bolts?

Has anyone heard of faulty Eibach camber bolts? Have there been any recalls? I've been told by a garage that they sometimes work themselves loose! Thanks
  6. RY4N

What are the tell tale signs

As above, what are the signs that your steering rack is on its way out? I'm disgusted by the way my car is handling at the moment. It's actually dangerous!! Very little feedback. When entering a corner i turn the wheel accordingly, but then have to correct it mid way through. Feels very floaty...
  7. RY4N

Severe pulling when under power! MeisterR

Alright troops. I seem to have a problem with my suspension/alignment. I currently have the MeisterR ZetaR coilovers, camber arms and bolts, steering rack raiser. when accelerating, I am experiencing severe pulling from left to right. tried taking toe off at the front with raiser. Slightly...
  8. RY4N

Mirror wiring help

Read various threads on this but noting is making any sense. Trying to put facelift mirrors on an 02 civic. any help would be much appreciated.
  9. RY4N

What is this for

As above, any ideas what this plug behind the door card is for? Why
  10. RY4N

Indicators not working

Hi guys. My indicators are not working on my civic. The hazards work but when I use indicator they don't? any ideas? Cheers
  11. RY4N

What is this?

As above. ..can anyone tell me what this is. It was located behind the dashboard on the floor. It was in the middle behind the ashtray? Cheers
  12. RY4N

Ecu and immobiliser question

Hi guys. I've swapped over my ep3 05 plate engine and ecu along with the engine loom/harness into an 02 plate. everything is built back up however I'm having trouble starting it. I'm pretty positive its not a mechanical issue. Just wondering if my ecu will work with the 02 plate immobiliser? Cheers
  13. RY4N

Is it necessary to change gasket

As above is it necessary to change the exhaust manifold gasket? My manifold has been taken off my engine. Been on there 4 years, looks to be okay. Cheers
  14. RY4N

Ry4n's charge-cooled JRSC'd EP3 (new project)

Okay, thought I'd post up a little build thread. I previously had a satin ep3 with the jrsc. Had it for 3 years and had lots of fun. However I wanted a little bit more power from it and so decided to do the dc5 conversion and install a charge cooler. I spent most of the winter stripping it...
  15. RY4N

R888 size query

Hi guys just a quick question regarding tyre size. Looking at the R888' for my civic. Are 215 too wide for it or should they be okay? Cheers
  16. RY4N

Fuel tank and lines removal

As above I'm looking to swap over a fuel tank and lines from one ep3 to another. Had a quick search but couldn't find anything on it. Picked up a civic shell to transplant my engine into but it's fuel system has been altered to a return system, which doesn't suit my Jrsc set up. Any help before...
  17. RY4N

Keep it red or spray it

Got a rolling shell at the moment and I was thinking of spraying it white. It's currently Milano red. What's your thoughts?
  18. RY4N

Facelift lights on pre facelift?

Are the facelift lights compatible with the pre facelift front end?
  19. RY4N

What to transfer off my facelift onto a pre face

Hi guys Unfortunately as some of you are aware I recently had a smash and my 05 ctr is totalled. so I will be transplanting my own engine into a pre facelift ctr. What I would like to know is, is there anything that I should swap over other than my engine and mods? For example are there any...
  20. RY4N

Does my car need remapped after transplant?

Hi guys, as some of you are aware, I had a bad smash a couple of days ago resulting in my car being a total right off. However the engine survived with no damage, so I'm looking to transplant the engine into another civic. my question is, will the car need remapped or should it be okay as it...
  21. RY4N

Advice on insurance claim needed

Hi guys Unfortunately I had an accident last night and by the looks of it my car is a total loss. To say I'm gutted is a massive understatement. To be honest I feel like I'm grieving a loss in the family its that bad. Had the car since I was 21 and spent so much time and money building it up...
  22. RY4N

Big problems, need advice on gearbox.

Okay, I have been building my civic for a couple of months now with it being finished this morning. I have installed various upgrades however the upgrades that I will mention will be more relevant to the problems I'm going on to talk about. I installed a lightened flywheel with a stage4 clutch...
  23. RY4N

Is this quote reasonable?

Got an insurance quote from flux and sky yesterday. Flux were £730 and Sky were £700. I'm 26 with no points or claims. 6 years no claims bonus, and covering 3000 miles a year. Car is a charge cooled jrsc ep3. What you guys think?
  24. RY4N

Seized bottom strut bolt

I have spent most of the day trying to loosen the bolt going through the bottom of the strut. It's completely seized. Soaked it in wd-40 and used large breaker bars with my full weight on it. Tried heating it with a blow torch for a couple of minutes and then used the bar again, with no luck...
  25. RY4N

Can't get pressure back in my clutch.

Unfortunately I listened to an idiot and allowed the fluid to go below the minimum on my clutch reservoir. So the system is full of air. I have been trying to bleed the system up with no luck at all. really don't know how to get the pressure back? any help would be really appreciated Cheers
  26. RY4N

Eibach front camber bolt question

Hi guys can you tell what this is for and where it goes on the installation Cheers
  27. RY4N

Help. What is this?

Hi guys can anyone advise what this is on the top of my throttle body? I have upgraded to a skunk2 70mm and there doesn't seem to be a port on it for this. Thanks
  28. RY4N

Tdi-North custom exhausts

Just ordered a 3" custom exhaust from Tdi-North. Anyone know how they sound. I know the sound varies depending on your setup, I have a Jrsc if anyone has any info. Also do you know if Tdi actually make these themselves or do they sub it out? Forgot to ask Paul on Friday, so I'm just asking on...
  29. RY4N

Upgrade from a piper 2.5" to what?

I have a piper 2.5" cat back with piper manifold and de cat. I'm looking for more power from the car and thought a bigger bore exhaust would help the flow and bit better? What exhausts and manifold do you think is a good upgrade. I would say money is not a problem but I don't particularly want...
  30. RY4N

3" pulley. Where to get one?

Anyone know where I can get a 3" pulley for a Jrsc in the UK? Don't think cpl do it Cheers
  31. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

Anyone had any experience with this? Thinking of adding it to my Jrsc'd ep3. At the moment it's got an aftercooler to go in to reduce the temps but I'm just wondering if the water methanol is any good?
  32. RY4N

Larger air intake

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a 3.5" cold air intake for an ep3? If not at least a 3" required. Cheers:D
  33. RY4N

NOS! What to upgrade internally?

Hi guys Looking at the addition of nitrous oxide to my car. Don't know if many of you know much about it but I'm sure there are a few. I'm wanting to put as much through as possible, so the internals will need strengthening. But to what extent? I can put a 50shot through relatively safely but...
  34. RY4N

Clutch fluid? What to go for!?

Good clutch fluid? Cheers
  35. RY4N

Cpl or Tdi?

Sorry not sure where to post this but can anyone rate Tdi north with cpl racing? I see Tdi mentioned a lot around here. I currently use Cpl racing but I'm thinking of moving my custom to Tdi. Don't really want to get into the reasons why though! Cheers Jrsc'd aftercooled ep3
  36. RY4N

MeisterR coilovers any good? Anyone have these?

Hi guys. Been looking around at a set of coilovers and I have came across the MeisterR. Never heard of them apart from one here! Has anyone used or have any feedback on these? I've been quoted £650 for a set from Jerrick. It's a toss up between the BC Racing and these. I've heard of bc which...
  37. RY4N

74mm tb on Jrsc? Does it need ported

Thinking of putting a 74mm tb onto my ep3. It currently has the Jrsc. I have been reading through the forum for a while and can't seem to find anything on this. Do I have to port match the inlet manifold? My aem intake is 67mm would this be a restriction if I upgrade the tb making it kinda...
  38. RY4N

15mm eibach spacers all round worthwhile?

Hi guys. At the moment I have standard suspension on my ep3. It's supercharged at the moment and I'm looking to upgrade the handling. I have a JDM rear arb and buddy club camber arms and bolts already purchased. So the frsu is definitely on the cards. I'm going to buy a coilover kit but I'm...
  39. RY4N

PLEASE Help! Air temp sensor compatability

Hi guys a bit of help needed. I have the Merc racing charge cooler coming from the U.S for my JRSC. They have advised that i will need an air temp sensor from a partner company of theirs which CPL Racing here in the U.K have said is not compatible with Hondata. The sensor Merc Racing have...
  40. RY4N

intake manifold help please

Hi guys need a bit of help. I have recently ordered a charge cooler kit from the u.s for my Jackson supercharged ep3. However I need a dc5 inlet/intake manifold for this to fit as it does not fit the ep3 manifold. When searching online I noticed there are quite a few manifolds. Some are...
  41. RY4N

Toyo R888 worth it?

Hi Have an EP3 running a JRSC 294bhp. Off the line is ok but im wanting as much grip as possible! Are the Toyo R888 worth the dough? Any thoughts on what i could do to help my launch? Already have a Quaife. Cheers
  42. RY4N

Cams for JRSC EP3?

Have got an EP3 with JRSC at the moment. Looking to get a bit more power from the car, i thought maybe cams? But which ones and what gains to roughly expect? Cheers for the help
  43. RY4N

Green or Red Stuff pads?

Hi, im a newcomer to this site. Im stuck on a decision between green and red stuf pads for my 05 ctr! Can sombody help me out? Cheers
Back