• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. scruffy_

How to fill badge holes??

I went the mesh and filler route when I resprayed the bumpers on my MX5, terrible pics within: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?75143-MX5-Slow-cheap-missing-3-seats-roof-and-110bhp-well-at-least-it-s-Japanese Only problem I found was getting the bloody thing off, every bolt...
  2. scruffy_

Kenz's DC5.

Bah I've slipped worse clutches than that. :D Interesting that you went for an Exeedy over a standard Honda clutch, having driven both I much prefer the OEM feel of the Honda supplied part - which also gives a nice light pedal when first fitted. Found they stay a lot quieter than the Exeedy...
  3. scruffy_

2009 FN2 type R - battery issues - completely dead if left stood for a day

What after market bits have you got on the car? Phone/Satnav etc chargers? Any after market light kits (foot well etc), interior or exterior (HIDs)? Boot lights, stereo etc? Or, do your lights turn off when you close the door? Possibly the switch in the door that's duff meaning the lights...
  4. scruffy_

Any local clever sods help me with wiring?

Totally different protocols on those connectors. Jimbo is right in saying that's the proper/easiest way of adapting the cable for your newer phone needs. Long story short the Lightning Connector uses a controller at either end of the cable that negotiates with the device it's plugged in to...
  5. scruffy_

Addition of Quick Links menu to "What's new" area of forum.

Nice one, cheers John. :)
  6. scruffy_

Addition of Quick Links menu to "What's new" area of forum.

Hi, Would it be possible to add the Quick Links drop down menu to the CSS governing the "What's New" section at the top of the forum please? A la:
  7. scruffy_

Hard wire dash cam

I've just had to do this on the Raudi to get an aftermarket stereo installed (stupid CANBUS crap). Can recommend the AutoLeads dual fuse spur, and I took the feed off of a circuit that's ignition live (telephone system I think). However if you want it to do always on for motion capture when...
  8. scruffy_

Electric supercharger

Don't think one cuts it.
  9. scruffy_

Prang

That looks like a split seam as well under the skirt, that's toast.
  10. scruffy_

Ep3 revving on its own?

Good starting point for you: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?86763-Ep3-Throttle-position-sensor-idle-control-valve-question
  11. scruffy_

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Either way, I look forward to having a mooch at it tomrorow. :)
  12. scruffy_

Is that TGM's car Dott?
  13. scruffy_

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Now that, that I like. Congrats. :)
  14. scruffy_

EP3 This to tell if cars mapped

Pop the ECU out and take a look like John says. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?89144-how-to-remove-your-ecu-ep3
  15. scruffy_

The sound of "Ah well if you don't buy it someone else will" against the background of people cancelling their orders. Commercial ignorance at it's finest.
  16. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Dat lip. Awesome addition, might have to get one of those myself at some point.
  17. scruffy_

Wow, they really have ballsed this up haven't they. When will companies learn that they just need to be honest with people once it gets past a certain point, any commercial sensitivity is rendered null and void as soon as it gets into public discussion. Soon as Jalopnik, Pistonheads, CHoC etc...
  18. scruffy_

Oh, it wasn't just me that noticed then.
  19. scruffy_

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

Reopen your FK2 thread John, bang it all in there. It's mostly about your specific car, and your purchase trials and tribulations with Honda. Sorted. :)
  20. scruffy_

It's like a very, very, very, very abridged Danga thread. :lol: Well it speaks volumes when the owner of Type R Owners shies away from the new Type R. Now I say that not as a mark of the specific man, but as a general statement that even the most hardcore of Honda enthusiasts feels let down...
  21. scruffy_

Yarp, a good call. Save money and get a feel for how Honda are supporting FK2 owners once the dust has settled. May I recommend getting something like an FN2 to tide you over. They're quite nice in Champ White.
  22. scruffy_

Unless you're set on being one of the first to own one, then I'd probably be binning it off and looking at alternative wagons. If Honda themselves don't have a clue what's going on then as the last link in the chain you don't stand much of a chance in being kept aprised. You can bet your life...
  23. scruffy_

been 20 and wanting a type r

Not so much these days following the gender equalisation measures that took effect in 2012, impacting insurance premiums. http://www.gocompare.com/gender/
  24. scruffy_

FN2 Major problems with 09 FN2

Sweet, then ignore the idiot and get a second assessment. Then start small claims court proceedings against them with immediate effect, £25 well spent. It'll light a fire under them if nothing else. :D
  25. scruffy_

FN2 Major problems with 09 FN2

Hello Dave, welcome to the forum. Sorry your joining is not under happier circumstances. Firstly, you can get a recon or second hand gearbox fitted (along with a clutch) for considerably less money than what Honda think it's reasonable to threaten/charge. Secondly, get a second assessment as...
  26. scruffy_

Spectres JDM DC2 ITR

Lol, superb. Video of the angry Japanese woman please. :D
  27. scruffy_

Danger's new whip - Venom

That's what I was thinking too, ridiculous amount of muck on there. You'll probably want to give it a once over with tar remover as well, then another claying lol. Regarding your interior - have you got a set of brushes for all the nooks? Also (being an advocate for their products) in...
  28. scruffy_

Epic amounts of cleaning going on there, that clay bar is outrageous. Great little restoration project, looking forward to seeing more. Even though I can't believe you've actually got a new car. :lol:
  29. scruffy_

Dang you are a total ASW btw. Massive fake tits, duck pout on Instagram, fake tan, everything. :D
  30. scruffy_

If this is anything less than Dang being possessed by an extra-terrestrial black goo I'm out.
  31. scruffy_

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Get what you're saying, but I'd say it's a car capable of being driven fast in the right hands but out and out fast? No, I wouldn't say so. I'd like to think the FK2 would stand up to a VAG-group-esque power boost from a mapping, but knowing Honda they've already squeezed pretty much all of...
  32. scruffy_

FN2 Puzzled!

What's going to beep on an FN2? Presumably similar to an EP3 or other Hondas, so I reckon it's something to do with the lights/door switch or seatbelt/butt sensor under the seat. First call would be door switch circuit for me.
  33. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

It was late, I was tired, etc etc. Anyway I googled it and read about people in the northern territories of Canada driving in -25 conditions. We have nothing to moan about lol.
  34. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Good to know Loxy, and Des that's a shocking statistic!
  35. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S2A01&block_02=B__2000&block_03=23878 Also, Chris and I are praying we never have to buy one of these new.
  36. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

*rubbing intensifies*
  37. scruffy_

Rota GT3 pics on EP3 please ?

Duuuude. http://bfy.tw/172T
  38. scruffy_

Custom made weighted Gear Knob

Yeah I agree with Jimbo, that's a great finish as it is. I like the turn marks on it, gives it a unique appearance.
  39. scruffy_

Noise from pulley alternator area at 3krpm

I find with these things it's better to just bite the bullet and do it all. You replace 2 out of 3 components with shiny new ones, and the old duff part will undoubtedly fail 20 minutes later. Made this mistake replacing dash light bulbs once, did 2 but should have done them all as no sooner...
  40. scruffy_

is my car going to start costing me?

T1Rs are great in the baking hot sunshine on a dry road, for 6 miles. Then you need new tyres.
  41. scruffy_

Custom made weighted Gear Knob

Superb effort. Gotta love a piece of freshly turned metal. What tools/lathe etc you got access to?
  42. scruffy_

possible attempted hack?

I'll say one thing, this incident isn't half bringing some old names out. :D
  43. scruffy_

possible attempted hack?

You'd have no complaints from me by disabling Tapatalk, can't stand it and the incessent badgering when you visit the site on mobile boils my p*ss. :lol: A Captur system wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, the new ones just require a single mouse click. Or something like this would be...
  44. scruffy_

possible attempted hack?

Anonymous web proxy TOR Router. Intersting. Well certainly less brazen than I've seen in the past. Also interesting that they seem to be varying vector, well not intersting - fcking annoying but hey what can you do.
  45. scruffy_

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Very tidy chap. :D So that's got to be one of the last EP3s off the production line at a guess? I'd seriously reconsider not dropping it, the difference between the first CTR and second with the Eibach kit was night and day. The second one with FRSU and associated bits was so much more...
  46. scruffy_

I think it was the top most one. Easy way to work it out, spray one with WD40. It'll stop it for a bit and then come back when the WD has worn off. :)
  47. scruffy_

Those bearings do go, it's probably the tension of the belt that's keep it together. TGM pulled mine for replacement and it just disintergrated. Don't think they're that expensive - £40 something like that?
  48. scruffy_

FN2 250bhp cost

K24 frank build? http://www.hybrid-racing.com/blog/k20k24-hybrid-engine-build/
  49. scruffy_

Which head unit and door speakers?

Good stuff, it's all straight forward enough on the Civic. Drop the under dash panels, pop off the gear knob and remove the lower panel, undo the retaining nuts for the top part and pull from the bottom. Unplug cables and you're away. Door cards are simple enough too. You've got two choices...
  50. scruffy_

Ah yes, so you did. Apologies. Does that budget include fitting accessories? Speaker rings (essential imo), wiring adapters etc? I can sort you out a fascia adapter for postage if you need. :)
  51. scruffy_

Give us a budget to work to, and we'll see what we can do. :)
  52. scruffy_

If you were an iPhone user I would say Alpine, but seeing as you're Android have you considered the Pioneer App Radios? Double din unit, screen mirroring etc. Speakers wise, I'd probably go Focal components with a small sub. Modest 4 channel amp, bridge the rear for the sub. Soundproofing the...
  53. scruffy_

Not a red H, but my Moonrock S2000 - AIR RIDE PAGE 19

Ah didn't realise you were on here too, was leching over you car on S2KUK the other day. Very very nice indeed, ride height and wheel combo are spot on for me. :)
  54. scruffy_

Mikey81's - 2008 S2000

Mike - Do you do the autosolos over in Aldershot per chance? Been thinking about popping over there one day to check them out.
  55. scruffy_

EP3 Will a door fit in the boot

Yeah I reckon you'd be OK, just take plenty of thick blankets/towels etc to cushion the door and the seat (and catch any grease and muck off the hinges etc).
  56. scruffy_

Real vs Fake Type R badges?

Plus the fake ones are generally pink, or go pink very quickly. Stupid DC2 badges mumble mumble...
  57. scruffy_

Type R Owners INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

No no, thank you. My docs are in the post btw. :D
  58. scruffy_

possible attempted hack?

Probably just a bot bruteforcing passwords. Bot will read the usernames from the posts, and then use those against a list of common passwords to try and harvest the account. If successful the email address would probably go first, then they'd try the password with the email to gain access to...
  59. scruffy_

Type R Owners INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

You guys just beat the cheapest quote with an insurer I've never heard of on GoCompare, with a decent named company and with my other half on the policy. Well pleased with that outcome. :)
  60. scruffy_

Loxy's Type R #4

Time to find some tunnels. :) Need to find some locally too, the A3 Hindhead one has got SPECs cameras on it. Boo.
  61. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

RE: Those Eibachs...
  62. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Sadist. It's up there with fan belt squeal for me. *shudder*
  63. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Awesome run, very light traffic and wide awake drivers who got the hell over well in advance for him. The guy knows his car, and that track. Mesmerising to watch. Even when the car is at it's sketchiest, he's totally in control. There's a couple of points where the back goes squirrelly and...
  64. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Watched that 4-5 times now, still in awe.
  65. scruffy_

Cleaning Combinations , polish,wax,Sealant and reccomendations

Standard wash fare: Autoglym wheel cleaner Autoglym wash Autoglym wheel cleaner Autoglym wash Towel off with Megs waffle towel Poorboys BH or WD 3M Marine Wax Autoglym Tyre dressing Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl care on exterior plastics. 3M Wax on wheels for a treat Autosol on exhaust tips...
  66. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

It's the drift around 5:50 that had me chuckling. Dispatch an M4, mock a Leon diesel driver, drift like a lord, under the gantry in around the same time as it takes to make a bacon sandwich. :D
  67. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Ordered from the same dude as you, proper Japanese postal service wonderment. Genuine Honda too in case you were worried! :D
  68. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Did your CR stereo cover turn up btw? I caved in the end, mine just arrived.
  69. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Don't forget the brake upgrade. :lol:
  70. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Ohlins. :)
  71. scruffy_

Honda Civic FN2 fuel cap install?

Side point, but I love the fact both posts are sealed with a kiss. :lol:
  72. scruffy_

Stereo Harness - Live Wire question

I think you need the CANBUS loom to sort this properly, we had to do this on my mate's 06 Passat when he was fitting a Pioneer App Radio.
  73. scruffy_

Loxy's Type R #4

So you should be, looks utterly superb. Wheels are a really nice touch.
  74. scruffy_

S2KIP's S2000

Ain't no haters here yo. I've only got the exhaust mod on mine and it sounds like a banshee joining a dual carriageway with the roof down, yours must sound insane in person. :lol:
  75. scruffy_

MY NHB JRSC EP3

Weapon. :) Almost nothing left to do!
  76. scruffy_

Me and my ep3 are coming to a cross road WHAT SHALL I DO!?

What are the other 4 cars? Make more sense to punt one of those on instead if it's that much of a love?
  77. scruffy_

What oil would you use? An old question i know!

Always used either Fuchs or Motul in the Civics/Teg, but previous owner is a Castrol Edge fan so that's what the S has at the moment.
  78. scruffy_

If you own a black CTR this is a must!

I knew before I even opened the thread that this was going to be about PB BH. :) I used that, with 3M Marine Boat Wax to seal it all in, can't fault it. Have just bought their white diamond polish to try as the new car is silver, and their interior "Natural Finish" cleaner/dressing for dash...
  79. scruffy_

EP3 (N00b) Audio Upgrades! In Need of tweeter covers!

I have a set of these at home, I'll stick a For Sale thread up for you if you want. £15 delivered?
  80. scruffy_

Clay bar or polish?

Any red car really, the pigment in the paint is very prone to bleaching and there's little you can do save for a respray. Plus it's a bitch to match, so you might as well do the whole car whilst you're at it. :(
  81. scruffy_

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

Hello mate. :D I've been around, just lurking in the spare moments I have. All good with you? Sounds like you're a busy man! Don't. I'm seriously considering raising the suspension to tractor-esque levels to fend off the test pilots.
  82. scruffy_

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

Been away from the forum for a while, life being busy and what not. Returned to see what's going on. Danga still hasn't bought a new car. LOL.
  83. scruffy_

fitting alpine head unit

Going on two months to fit a stereo, I'd have given up by now. Possibly bought a new car.
  84. scruffy_

fitting alpine head unit

ebay, Caraudiodirect or Car Audio Centre. I think I used the last one.
  85. scruffy_

fitting alpine head unit

You can fit without fascia, but you'll have a recessed gap around the stereo that looks a bit naff.
  86. scruffy_

fitting alpine head unit

Oh right, I see what you mean. Yeah total doddle. Basically you're after one of these: Then either route it through to the glove compartment, or as above drill the top of the cubby hole and route the cable through there. Or you could pop it out of the ashtray for ease of access and...
  87. scruffy_

fitting alpine head unit

As in micro-usb to android device? The back of the head unit has a female USB pigtail that'll take whatever cable you need for your device.
  88. scruffy_

fitting alpine head unit

I drilled a hole in the upper part of the cubby hole from the back (it's my style). Feed cable through from the other side, tie up what you don't need (1 metre iPhone cable goes a long way!) and tuck under the head unit. Paint wise I think it's called "Star Silver".
  89. scruffy_

fitting alpine head unit

Worth getting a fascia adapter too, the Autoleads one was a bit of a duff fit from memory. I ended up respraying the one I got to better match the factory paint, used a Vauxhall colour of all things. If you need the paint name I'll try and dig it out.
  90. scruffy_

passenger main beam in-op

From memory, there's a seperate fuse and relay for each side on both FL and PFL. Could be wrong though! Does the extra relay you've got look after market? Standard black tape and zip ties job?
  91. scruffy_

passenger main beam in-op

Checked the relays and fuses under the bonnet? Right side, near the windscreen? Do you get a click from the passenger side relay when you switch the lights on?
  92. scruffy_

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

"Car weirdly isn't selling as complete, going to part it out..." Damn shame to see the car go dude, hope the new owner keeps it in sight for the community. Also, two cars and a child are totally doable ya big fanny. :lol:
  93. scruffy_

Gearbox

What code box did you put in, from what car? If you don't know the source, then anything could have happened to that box in the past. Different ratios, final drive etc. Also, did you really have to try and hit twice the speed limit to prove a point?
  94. scruffy_

Excessive exhaust steam on start up. EP3

Yeah mine does this too, stops when it's warm. Wouldn't worry about it.
  95. scruffy_

DC2 DB8 DC5 Can anyone help with itr-dc2.com?

Bumped a 2 year old thread to have a moan? Go on, what did you do? :D
  96. scruffy_

antisanta's CTR - Selling up :(

Yep, or even to pay off a loan like I did. Seems daft keeping a nice car when you've got more pressing engagements, like financial independence and a roof over your head. So did I, so I bought another one. Priorities, there's sh*tloads of EP3s out there. They can wait. :D
  97. scruffy_

Ry4n's charge-cooled JRSC'd EP3 (new project)

Absolute pleasure, nice to see it being put to good use. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see it finished. :D
  98. scruffy_

Ry4n's charge-cooled JRSC'd EP3 (new project)

Yeah that looks awesome, not hanging about with it either. :D
Back