• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Partyvan

What size surge tank?

As title, what size are people running? 1.5L?
  2. Partyvan

Can anyone tweak a K100 for me?

I've deleted the EVAP valve on my K-swap, so I now have the engine light on. Apparently "emissions check" needs to be disabled on the Hondata K100 ecu. Can anyone do this for me? Based in Newark, Lincolnshire
  3. Partyvan

Anyone got a Stuke front splitter? EP3/DC5

Hi could somebody measure their splitter for me please? I'd be hugely grateful! Thanks
  4. Partyvan

FK8 FK8 in the wall at Anglesey...

:rolleyes:
  5. Partyvan

Partyvan's Audi all-rounder (3.0 V6 TDi Quattro Avant)

New daily time! My old Audi Avant has done me well for the last few years but feels a bit breathless when towing, being only the 2.0 TDi in front wheel drive. It also has more problems than dating a girl who's been on Tinder for 5 years. So I will very soon be cutting it up into lots of little...
  6. Partyvan

What thread size - Clutch master cylinder?

As title, on an EP3? Many thanks
  7. Partyvan

Let's talk sequential boxes on K20a2

Hello everyone. I've decided to build a K20 powered CRX, probably via a sequential box as well :) Main benefits I can see are: - Stronger gearbox. Wider, stronger gears with more bearing supports - Faster gearchanges Smaller benefits include: - Epic gearshift lever - That noise! - No...
  8. Partyvan

Review - Civic EP3 - Roll centre adjusters, rack raiser and caster bushes

Hello folks I thought I'd write a review of the combined benefit of Buddyclub Roll Centre Adjusters, a Tegiwa rack raiser and Superpro caster increase bushes. Id' never fitted any of the parts before on any previous Civic, so I had no idea how they would affect the car. I was also quite dubious...
  9. Partyvan

K20A2 Aux idler failure - sheared bolt!!!

This happened today on my EP3 Idler pulley started wobbling, causing the bolt to shear Bolt got caught up in the aux belt and got fired through my radiator :eek: Thoughts!?
  10. Partyvan

EP3 track day drivers - Tell me what caused your breakdowns on track?

Hi guys I'm putting together a spares package for my EP3 to take with me to trackdays and the Ring. I know breakdowns are rare, but something like a cracked thermostat housing could ruin an expensive holiday to the Ring! So... what caused any breakdown(s) you've suffered? My only one so far...
  11. Partyvan

Struggling to dim aftermarket gauges

Hi folks I have 3x stack gauges in my centre console. They work fine, but are far too bright at night. I fitted a dimmer switch into the illumination circuit (from a Mondeo) but it barely changes the brightness. Is there a certain type of dimmer I need? One that offers more resistance? Thanks
  12. Partyvan

EP3 - gears crunching after short shifter fitted

As per the title, I'm struggling with my gears since fitting my short shift kit. Has anyone else experienced this? I am depressing the clutch fully.
  13. Partyvan

Has anyone totally gutted an EP3 wiring loom?

Gents, I have a spare EP3 car loom here, complete. I was considering stripping every last plug and wire off it that's not needed. My main problem is I'm aware some wires are things like shared earths. So removing a full airbag system for example could mean cutting through a shared earth for...
  14. Partyvan

How can I get closer to 300bhp N/A?

Hi everyone I currently have a few useful bits for power. An uprated manifold and 3" system, a Gruppe M, a K100 and bigger cams. What's the most cost effective way to get 300bhp N/A? I know i need a valvetrain upgrade and an S2000 oil pump so I can rev it higher, but what else? Not interested...
  15. Partyvan

Cadwell Park Lap Times

Just wondering what sort of times people are running, with what spec?
  16. Partyvan

Advice on airbag system (EP3)?

Hi guys I bought my EP3 with an aftermarket wheel and buckets fitted, and an airbag light permanently on the dash. My plan was to fit resistors where the seats once were, and for the steering squib. However the wires have been removed that run to the seats. All I really have left of the SRS...
  17. Partyvan

ET15 offset on an EP3

Hi folks I think I've ****ed up a bit with a schoolboy error I've ordered some ET15 wheels for my EP3. 17x7.5j Reading up on here, people seem to say ET45 ish is correct, meaning mine will stick out 30mm :lol: Can someone just sanity check me here, these are never going to fit :lol::(
  18. Partyvan

Cadwell Park 28th April

Anyone off here going? It's a very cheap day compared to most tracks, at possibly the best circuit in the UK :D
  19. Partyvan

Advice on stripping out carpets from track car

Evening gents In my EP3 I've got a full stripped rear. For the fronts I've got full carpets, mats and sound deadening. What i want to do is shed as much weight as possible whilst keeping something for the area under my feet. This could possibly mean taking out the carpets and sound deadening...
  20. Partyvan

Erratic idle following intake change and battery relocation

Can anyone help me please? My EP3 was running fine, however I've done a couple of mods 1. Swapped the Injen CAI for a Gruppe M intake 2. Relocated the battery to behind passenger seat I went to start the car yesterday and it kept idling from 1500-2000rpm, and the EML was on. I read the code...
  21. Partyvan

EP3 windscreen rubber flapping around?

As title, at speed the windscreen rubber is loose, the bit that runs up the drivers side A-pillar Seems like there are a few broken clips, can these be bought cheaply anywhere other than Honda? Or any other fixes available?
  22. Partyvan

EP3 Roll centre adjusters

Hi I'm considering these for my track EP3. I've read conflicting reviews on them from accross the net. Does anyone here have any experience with them?
  23. Partyvan

Recommend me a lightweight, affordable battery for track EP3

As title please Terminal design is irrelevant as I'll be re-locating it to the boot. Thanks
  24. Partyvan

Suggestions for EP3 alloys?

Hi all I want some 17" wheels that clear my 8 pot brakes, are lighter than standard wheels, are OEM (not aftermarket) and fairly cheap. Do Evo wheels meet all these criteria? Or any other Honda alloys? Thanks in advance
  25. Partyvan

Anyone fitted aftermarket handbrake handle? EP3

As title, like a Richbrook one Wanting something subtle (black alloy?) with a new button to replace the crappy peely OEM one
  26. Partyvan

Stripped out EP3 - What to do about glare from rear lights?

As title, can't help but notice the glow of my rear lights from inside the car. Has anyone made anything to overcome this? I'm thinking perhaps some velcro and some black carpet? Cheers
  27. Partyvan

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Hi all, I thought I'd upload a brief history of one of my cars I bought it back in 2016, as a 1988 Honda CRX with the D-series engine. It had a few modifications, but I pretty much only wanted the shell for a track car build. The year before, I'd written off a high spec Civic EP3. But...
  28. Partyvan

Aftermarket oil cooler needed for track?

Anyone know? Mine has an aftermarket cooler and I'm not happy with how it's fitted. Thinking of deleting it. It's 270bhp n/a and is going to get a lot of grief on the track. Is it needed?
  29. Partyvan

Central locking not working off fob (works with key in the drivers door)

Hi guys My key fob arms and disarms the alarm just fine It won't however lock or unlock the car The car locks and unlocks fine with the key in the drivers door Any ideas?! Thanks in advance
  30. Partyvan

EP3 engine dress up advice needed

Hi guys I'm refurbing my cam cover, I've fitted a load of anodised nuts and washers. Plus a battery tie down. I'm looking for more bling. Can anyone point me in the right direction of websites companies that offer such parts? Already trawled Tegiwa and eBay Cheers :)
  31. Partyvan

FAO: Mods

Sorry guys I posted this thread http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?97939-Cheap-Clio-172-Cup-edition-ideal-track-car And messed the title up. Please delete. Thankyou
  32. Partyvan

Which lightweight Honda shell for a k-swap?

As title really I'd love a K20 CRX, but it's an expensive conversion on an expensive base car Would any of the older Civics be as light? Ideally I'd like something down at about 8-900kg Cheers
  33. Partyvan

You guys will love this...

Here's the best lap times of me and my buddies around Cadwell Park, in descending order Matt - Clio 172 (cup spec), proxes, DS2500s 2min 05 Tony - Golf V6 4-motion, R32 brakes, Rainsports 2min 01 Tony - Golf V6 4-motion, R32 brakes, semi slicks 1min 59 Me - Porsche 911, coilovers, road tyres...
  34. Partyvan

Can mods close or delete my thread please?

Hi guys I've sold pretty much everything in this thread http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?93136-Breaking-track-Civic-Type-R-%28Stoptech-LSD-Eibach-Wezmoto-Tegiwa-intake-etc-%29 Could it be closed please? Thanks
  35. Partyvan

Is this a JDM front ARB?

Off my EP3...
  36. Partyvan

Stoptech 328mm big brake kit under OEM 17" wheels Civic EP3 Type-R

Sorry for the long thread title, it's for google/search purposes This is just to confirm the 328mm Stoptech kit fits under OEM 17s with no spacers. I have had the brakes up to full temperature and there is still over 2mm clearance between the caliper and the spokes measured on a vernier, and...
  37. Partyvan

Does the metalwork behind EP3 rear bumper support it?

As title really I'm looking to remove the crash bar if it doesn't support the bumper
  38. Partyvan

New seats for track use, or just harnesses?

At Cadwell on Monday I was all over the car round the fast bends and found it distracting and a bit painful towards the end! Would a simple set of harnesses do the job, or am I needing bucket seats?
  39. Partyvan

How wide can you go on rear tyres? 17" rims, EP3

As title, I'm thinking of trying 235/40/17 semi slicks Do I need to remove any arch liners, or knock the inner arches back? I don't remember my wheel offset but they protrude about 8mm more than standard
  40. Partyvan

One in-car lap of Cadwell Park in my Type-R

Enjoy :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU7GSc2227E
  41. Partyvan

First impressions - Stoptech 328mm 4-piston brake kit - Civic Type-R EP3

Hi everyone I've had the Stoptech kit fitted and thought I'd give it a write-up due to the amount it costs. This makes it a fairly big decision for anyone with a Type-R so I thought I'd share my experience. I'll preface this with the fact I've ran several brake conversions in the past (albeit...
  42. Partyvan

Anyone doing Cadwell park on Monday? (24th)

I noticed there's another Type-R booked in :D
  43. Partyvan

Bit the bullet and ordered a Stoptech BBK and new wheels (couple of questions)

Right chaps I've bit the bullet and ordered the Stoptech 328mm big brake kit, with Ferodo DS2500 pads through Stevie @ Grinspeed. All booked in to have them fitted before my next trackday and Nurburgring trip! They don't fit under standard rims so I got some lightweight Team Dynamics Pro Race...
  44. Partyvan

Any scope for upgrading master cylinder / servo assistance for track use?

I've chosen to upgrade to most likely a Stoptech 328mm front setup, but would also like to upgrade the master cylinder and/or gain some extra servo assistance. My car is a pre-facelift Ep3. Does the Ep3 facelift have improvements here? Any aftermarket or OEM+ options? Thanks in advance.
  45. Partyvan

Brakes boiling after 15 laps of Cadwell Park???

Well that's another track day cut short. After 15 laps my brake pedal went soft. Specs are: EBC yellowstuff pads and grooved discs on the front, 4 months old EBC pads on the rear, brembo discs, brand new Braided lines all round, brand new Motul RBF600 fluid, brand new Pro-reconditioned rear...
  46. Partyvan

Are EDM EP3 diffs worth anything?

As title really. I've just fitted an LSD and wondering if it's worth putting my standard diff up for sale. Even if it's £20 or something :lol:
  47. Partyvan

Rear brake binding misery - help appreciated!

Right here's the story 2002 EP3 During a trackday the rear pads wore down to the backing plates (my own fault for not checking them too closely!) causing the rear brakes to overheat quite badly. During a break from the track I also made the mistake of putting the handbrake on, which after...
  48. Partyvan

Can anyone identify my exhaust?

49. Partyvan

EP3 handling question

My EP3 is stripped out in the rear. If I relocated the battery to the spare wheel well, how would it affect handling in terms of rear end grip / oversteer? I currently get more lift-off oversteer than I want
  50. Partyvan

In-car video of my first lap of oulton park

Enjoy :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlQx8trvTOQ&feature=youtu.be Note the slide at the end of the video, lol
  51. Partyvan

How hard to do a full brake fluid change?

As title really, I boiled my brakes at Oulton park so I fancy some better brake fluid I'll change to braided lines while I'm at it. Is it fairly easy to bleed afterwards? The reason I ask is because airlocks in ABS units are my biggest fear!
  52. Partyvan

What mods next for my track EP3?

Right I'd like some input from those experienced track day drivers. So far my Civic EP3 has: Gruppe M intake Remap Cat-back exhaust Limited slip diff Powerflex front bushes Powerflex engine mount bush Stripped out rear interior Eibach springs, camber adjustment bolts Rear camber adjustment...
  53. Partyvan

Adapting a Tarox 10-pot brake kit to the CTR

Right I've been offered a Tarox 10 pot kit removed from an Astra Coupe Turbo. The discs are 5x110 PCD and the calipers fit behind a 17" wheel with an offset of ET49 (quite tucked in) I'd therefore assume they'd stand a good chance of fitting an EP3 with OEM rims? I'd be happy to fit a spacer...
  54. Partyvan

Any tips for changing EP3 wishbone bushes?

As title, mine are split I heard today you burn the old rubber ones out and press the new ones in? Any particular tips or hints I should know when it comes to refitting them?
  55. Partyvan

Off to the Nurburgring next week

...in my EP3 ;) I'm hoping not to die
  56. Partyvan

Another speedo bulb blown!?

Right this is getting silly I bought my CTR a few months back, and the right-hand bulb in the speedo cluster wasn't working. Changed the bulb and still not working, so changed the entire cluster. New cluster worked fine for about a week then another bulb has blown!? Is this normal?
  57. Partyvan

EP3 CTR fuel gauge won't illuminate - not a blown bulb

As title really, fuel gauge has never illuminated since I owned the car Changed the bulbs today (all 9 of them to red LEDs) - and still the same area of the cluster is dark. Basically the far right corner. Any ideas on the fault? Thanks
  58. Partyvan

Front caliper stuck

Hi guys I went to change front discs and pads today, everything went fine on o/s. Came to do n/s and the caliper won't open out enough to fit the new pads over the new disc. I have taken the cap off the master cylinder and used some large grips to try and squeeze it open. What are my options...
  59. Partyvan

OEM plugs tutorial (looms, fans, foglights, ICE, gauges etc)

(mods feel free to sticky this!) Okay guys I thought I'd write a quick guide to some pro wiring plugs that you can DIY to an OEM standard . This is ideal for engine bay wiring, interior mods wiring (eg gauges) and ICE wiring. Here I'll be showing you how to make an OEM style plug for a parcel...
  60. Partyvan

Questions about this aftermarket gear gaiter...

I'm thinking of getting this for my EP3 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300316091560?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 I was just wondering how it attaches to the collar under the gearknob, and also to the ring at the base of the boot. Anyone fitted one of these or similar? Cheers
  61. Partyvan

EP3 brake painting and bleeding questions...

Hello internet My EP3 CTR has standard brakes, they squeal a lot and need changing anyway. One of the calipers is red as well :lol: So, my plan is either A) Go for the DC5 Brembo conversion, along with braided lines and new fluid throughout. New standard CTR rears. B) Go for new standard...
  62. Partyvan

EP3 EML light advice

Hi guys I just had my EML come on. Engine still runs fine. Just wondering if it's possible to DIY read the ECU codes off or if I need a reader. If so can they be bought on eBay? Cheers
  63. Partyvan

Am I missing some trim pieces (pics)

On my EP3 CTR, is there a piece of trim missing to the left of the clutch pedal? Also on the seat runners, I only have one cap to cover the rear of each seat rail, leaving one rail exposed. Is this normal?
  64. Partyvan

Partyvan's EP3 Civic Type-R - Tidy up, then OEM+ mods!

Hello chaps I'm new on here but thought I'd stick a project thread up! After being a Vauxhall man from age 17 to 27, my first Honda was a 30th Anniversary EP3 CTR in black which I had last year. Initially I wasn't that impressed with it at all, but after changing the heavy, chavvy Wolfrace...
  65. Partyvan

EP3 wishbone advice

Hi guys I'm shortly going to put lowering springs on my EP3, along with wishbones and getting 4 wheel alignment. I'm unsure on which wishbones to buy. I dont want random motor factors ones, are OEM expensive? or are there a good alternative brand? Thanks
  66. Partyvan

EP3 CTR - where's nearest permanent live to the gearstick?

As title really... does the cig lighter have one? Or is that ignition live? Thanks
  67. Partyvan

How much does genuine oil filter cost from Honda, or online?

As title really? Just want a genuine filter for my service :)
  68. Partyvan

Has anyone fitted red LEDs to EP3 dash

As title one of my bulbs is blown so im considering changing to red LEDs Does anyone have any pics of them fitted? preferably taken in daytime and some at night? Any advice on which type to get? Wide / narrow angle? Thanks :D
  69. Partyvan

How much boost can EP3 CTR take on stock internals / stock C/R?

As title really I am a fairly competent mechanic and currently pondering a turbo conversion. I could source or fabricate most of the parts myself, but I was wondering what sort of boost they can run without opening the enigne up to drop the compression? Also what sort of power can be gained...
  70. Partyvan

Oil pressure gauge location

Sup homes... I've got a 52mm gauge to locate somewhere in the interior. I was thinking of losing the cigarette lighter and having it there? ie cutting the hole over where the cig lighter currently sits. Has anyone done this? Don't fancy a pillar pod or dash-top pod Ideas welcome!
Back