• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. mike_Ep3

Front end knocking (EP3)

I ended up changing to tops mounts and all is good now Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  2. mike_Ep3

Issues with suspension

This is my problem guys/gals and its doing my nut in as the garage i use cant seem to find a problem seems to be worse when we have wet weather....somtimes doesn't do it atall....videos below...
  3. mike_Ep3

Eibach springs

Can anyone comfirm with the eibach springs what way around they sit on the front shocks please i suspect they have been fitted incorrectly Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  4. mike_Ep3

Yellowspeed coilovers for FN2

What about hsd chris Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  5. mike_Ep3

Which clutch to get

I think the Honda part is made by excedy i had it done at grinspeed and ive had it on the car for 5 years Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  6. mike_Ep3

Which clutch to get

Oem cluth no need for a stage 2 or 3 unless you have big power just so you know grinspeed will fit a new clutch for around £400 that including the clutch Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  7. mike_Ep3

Stoptech

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  8. mike_Ep3

Stoptech

Maybe a winder wheel with different et but good to know i will get after market wheels but dont want to go 18" or bigger Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  9. mike_Ep3

Stoptech

Well here we go quick reply: *the ST-40 kit uses a 328x28mm 2 piece rotor & the ST-41 300x28mm uses a 1 piece rotor All i want to know is will the st40 kit standard wheels and if not what size I hate shopping for car parts hahaha they send me a printable measuring thing to chectout if they...
  10. mike_Ep3

Front end knocking (EP3)

Wish i had a crack at fitting them now so i could be sure Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  11. mike_Ep3

Stoptech

But for ep3's it st40's for the front? only asking because all the kits i have been looking at seem to be be st41's but i have come across somone selling st40's for a ep3 Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  12. mike_Ep3

Front end knocking (EP3)

i have had 2 sets of bilstein b4's fail on me luckily still with warranty now i have sachs and i still have the same problem as you the only parts i haven't changed are the top mounts and wishbones witch i keep getting told are fine....only seem to get a knock when turing hard at low speed...
  13. mike_Ep3

Front end knocking (EP3)

Any update on this ive been going through the same problem Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  14. mike_Ep3

Stoptech

Hi all whats the difference between stotech st40 to the st41's Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  15. mike_Ep3

Yellowspeed coilovers for FN2

Did you get them in the end wondering what they are like Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  16. mike_Ep3

Help with knocking

Im thinking its the drive shaft or somone has put the spring cups on wrong...the annoying thing is it doesn't do it some days......the steering itself feels perfect Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  17. mike_Ep3

Help with knocking

Forgot to add engine mounts done and balls joint thinking about it i don't know why i asked haha its got to be the steering rack Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  18. mike_Ep3

Help with knocking

Hi guys long time forum member and ep3 owner here.... I have a knocking noise when turning at low speeds or stationary and have taken it to 2 different garages that can't seem to see a problem and its doing my nut in. I have had the following changed but still have the issue: Shocks and...
  19. mike_Ep3

How to fool and reset airbag system.

Just done this 3rd time lucky....had a hell of a morning..... went to fit my reconditioned type r wheel and the one torque bolt for the airbag was rounded, so I had reconnect my battery and start the car so I could get the dremel to reach to put a slit in the screw to get it out...... then go...
  20. mike_Ep3

Rear drivers brake caliper HELP

Always silicone grease on slider pins. Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  21. mike_Ep3

Yer all good however the pads were stuck were they sit so I'm hoping it's that (put new pads intoday and filled them down) Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  22. mike_Ep3

Both have tension when the handbrake is on and are slack when the handbrake is off but only one side is binding and it's pritty noticeable when looking at the pads and only one side gets overheated. By the way it just passed the mot and the only advisory was the rear caliper binding slightly and...
  23. mike_Ep3

Rear caliper sticking - brake fluid

Did new calipers solve the issue? As I have the same problem even after I rebuilt the rear right caliper and new slider pins Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  24. mike_Ep3

Another tyre question

If it help I have eagle f1 a2's Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  25. mike_Ep3

Another tyre question

I'm not sure what spacer to go for anyway just wanted to fill the arch a bit Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  26. mike_Ep3

Another tyre question

Cheers loxy Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  27. mike_Ep3

Speedline Marmora 17s With 215 45 P Zeros

Yer mine are aswell I'm sure some guru will come along soon enough. Hope you sort it Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  28. mike_Ep3

Speedline Marmora 17s With 215 45 P Zeros

Sure someone will come along in a minute but obviously they are the same size wheel and tyres I'm running on standard rims but is the offset the same??? I'm also lowered on eibachs but have no rubbing hence why I was asking about the offset of the wheels just a thought Sent from my E6653 using...
  29. mike_Ep3

Another tyre question

Loxy what about spacers what can I go for with this set up? Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  30. mike_Ep3

Eibach Pro Kit fitted, steering knock now present!

I've changed everything you have and after a week of these parts being fitted I've started having a knocking noise from the drivers front area did you resolve it in the end? Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  31. mike_Ep3

Rear arb poly bushes

Poly bushes usually come with a packet of grease. my super pro bushes did any way Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  32. mike_Ep3

Rear o/s brakes binding

Can't see budweg rears Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  33. mike_Ep3

Rear o/s brakes binding

Rear for me might upgrade and get braided hoses aswell Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  34. mike_Ep3

Rear o/s brakes binding

Yer will bite the bullet I think cheers Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  35. mike_Ep3

Rear o/s brakes binding

As it says in the title my rear o/s brake have been advised on the mot as slightly binding the discs and pads are fairly new and the pads are almost gone. I rebuilt the caliper last year for the same problem but it's happen a few times since I have also been cleaning the spring on it which...
  36. mike_Ep3

Many thanks will check this out Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  37. mike_Ep3

Yer think I will doing my nut in always seems to happen when I plan a modification Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  38. mike_Ep3

Hi guys I rebuilt the rear calipers on my ep3 last year as the drivers side kept sticking then at the start of the year the same caliper was sticking again!!! So I inspected it and cleaned it all out starting working as normal again, but once again it's sticking I know it's not the piston as...
  39. mike_Ep3

Polybush kit

Any one used them? Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  40. mike_Ep3

Front suspension struts

Yer most likely Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  41. mike_Ep3

Front suspension struts

Yer some reason it came up as stars?? Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  42. mike_Ep3

Front suspension struts

I'm going Bilstein ** couple of mates have then on different cars Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  43. mike_Ep3

Front suspension struts

May sound dumb been reading the thread I'm doing the same bit do the rear have top mounts aswell? Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  44. mike_Ep3

EP3 - Headlights

Cheers mate thanks for the help Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  45. mike_Ep3

EP3 - Headlights

Just to check but the headlights can be adjusted in the type r do motors come with these headlights or do you swap the motors over from the old onces Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  46. mike_Ep3

EP3 - Headlights

Have you got the name of the company you bought them off just so there the same Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  47. mike_Ep3

EP3 - Headlights

Any good and how long have you had them? someone on here said they bought these and kept having condensation inside the light Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  48. mike_Ep3

EP3 - Headlights

Mine are definitely gone past sanding done it twice and polished they look very rough thanks for the link Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  49. mike_Ep3

EP3 - Headlights

Don't know if you have replaced yet but euro car parts do 2 sets of headlight the one lot is 130 per unit and the others they do are 230 per light don't no if anyine has used them though but I was tempted Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  50. mike_Ep3

Aftermarket exhaust manifold that retains catalytic converter

Any update on this Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  51. mike_Ep3

Knocking Noise over Potholes or humps

What about top mounts Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  52. mike_Ep3

Knocking Noise over Potholes or humps

Have had the same but it turned and it was the front engine mount then I got it motd and the front track rod end had play in it but I passed so it's booked in now for both Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  53. mike_Ep3

Arb drop links

Hi guys is it Worth buying some rear drop links if I'm changing the rear anti roll bar Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  54. mike_Ep3

Another tyre question

Cheers loxy much cheaper this size Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  55. mike_Ep3

Another tyre question

Hi guys am searching for tyres and I no you can fit 215/45/17 on the ep3 ( I have standard wheels) but my question, is this size fine if the car is lowered I have the eibach pro kit by the way Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  56. mike_Ep3

Will be interested to see the results Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  57. mike_Ep3

Have you had it fitted and mapped yet? Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
  58. mike_Ep3

Gearbox issues

I had the same changed the clutch and had no problems
  59. mike_Ep3

400 cell cat experiences/thoughts

The website is rhd Japan.com and its a dc5 sport cat
  60. mike_Ep3

I have also found a sport cat if this helps anyone but it's import only and cost 600
  61. mike_Ep3

Any other mods?
  62. mike_Ep3

Dc5 sard sports cat

Hi has anybody used this cat on a dc5 or ep3 from www.rhdjapan.com
  63. mike_Ep3

Piper manifold with OEM Cat back ...noise level ?

How does the piper manifold and sports cat cope with mot
  64. mike_Ep3

With a sports manifold?
  65. mike_Ep3

Vibra technics

Anybody used the road versions of the vibra mounts have been looking at the inserts but my mounts look a bit perrished
  66. mike_Ep3

Alloy Refurbishers South Wales

Also flat out alloys in Cardiff are good ain't used them myself but have seen there work I had a quote of 300 of them
  67. mike_Ep3

Alloy Refurbishers South Wales

There is a guy in aberdare that I was told about and a mate got me a quote for all 4 wheels £190 and he has a Facebook page work looks pritty good the name is LA POWDERCOATING the only reason he is cheap is that he is a one man band and you have to take the tyres off your wheels and take them in...
  68. mike_Ep3

Climair Wind deflectors.

Hi guys what is the discount code for these now because I used the one at the start of the thread but not luck
  69. mike_Ep3

Engine mount insert choices / kits for ep3

For the gearbox mount do you need 2 packs of the insert s as I'm doing this and noticed that only ones comes in a pack?
  70. mike_Ep3

Honda Civic FN2 Roof Rust Prevention!

My mate had this problem last year and had it done at honda I'm pritty sure it was a call back job witch he found out about all I know is he didn't pay a penny for it to be sorted but I think they only ok'ed it because he had full Honda service history his was a 2008 model don't know if this...
  71. mike_Ep3

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

That is gutting I waz actually advised by a mate who is a mechanic that other than standard clutches tend to not last as long as I was thinking of getting a stage 1 for future modding but that is pritty bad after 10k
  72. mike_Ep3

Dc5 manifold on ep3

I hearded the same about the japspeed one hence the dc5 route I'm sure I found a awnser to the heat shield and its ok with no shield but I would personally want it I think or rap it
  73. mike_Ep3

Dc5 manifold on ep3

Cheers lads was thinking of japspeed 4-1 and standard cat to start with but a few people on here reckon it's s#@t
  74. mike_Ep3

Dc5 manifold on ep3

Does anything else need to be changed or is it a straight swap as in sensors etc
  75. mike_Ep3

Dc5 manifold on ep3

Hi guys just generally looking on eBay for parts come across a dc5 manifold and cat and says it can go on a ep3....is it any better? and does it matter what year dc5 it comes off to go on a ep3? Never knew you could do this and always been put off getting a sports manifold with no cat
  76. mike_Ep3

My b pipe hangs low; do you have issues with yours?

Yer my piper unsilenced b pipe catches a speed bump outside my house, little bit of me dies every time
  77. mike_Ep3

Gearbox

Gonna be a early start but it will be worth it ...I asked him if he could open a shop in south Wales lol ....he said he has a lot coming up from my neck of the woods Cheers for the advice as always loxy
  78. mike_Ep3

Gearbox

Just spoke to grinspeed loxy he is pritty sure it's just the clutch but I'm going up on Wednesday first thing and he is gonna check it all out just in case
  79. mike_Ep3

Gearbox

I ain't getting a crunch but it deffinatly feels like a dragging sensation but like I said it don't happen all the time some times it is smooth as it can be I hate cars
  80. mike_Ep3

Gearbox

Hi loxy mileage is 70k have just done the oil and clutch fluid which has made it better its not always lumpy in 2nd gear . I just want to make sure it's just the clutch and not the syncros as well
  81. mike_Ep3

Gearbox

Right then boys and gals I am getting my clutch finnally done soon..... but what is playing on my mind is that I'm having issues getting into first and second gear when cold or when changing back down when coming to a stop(always have problems getting it it to most gears might I add when driving...
  82. mike_Ep3

Where to get your wheels refurbished

Anyone from south Wales who knows a good company to get wheels refurbed ?
  83. mike_Ep3

Cheers buddy I take it you Got rid of the piper cat back, was thinking of getting a custom b pipe to see if I could get around catching it. You have done a lot since I last spoke to you fair play the car looks mint and cheers.
  84. mike_Ep3

Hi buddy ain't been on here in a while how did you get over the whole not lowering your car because the exhaust hits speed bumps out of curiosity as I really want to lower the car now,did you change the b pipe?
  85. mike_Ep3

Dipped

Anybody had there wheels dipped that can shed some light on the Finnish and durability of it ?
  86. mike_Ep3

Caliper Overhaul/Service

I've just done this, never done befor found it easy and everything works great plenty of vids around I ended up using a car tyre valve cutting the bulb off the end screwing it into to the caliper were the fluid pipe goes and using a foot pump to get the piston out worked a treat
  87. mike_Ep3

Help needed quickly brake slidders

Cheers mate I sorted it anyways the flat edge ounces go at the bottom
  88. mike_Ep3

Help needed quickly brake slidders

Hi guys just rebuilt my rear calipers just wanted to no whitch way around the sliders pins go as one has flat edges and the other is round
  89. mike_Ep3

Slider rebuild kits-WARNING

My heart just pounded then but I got them off brakesint as well so I'm hopeing all is good who did you get yours off?
  90. mike_Ep3

Seat 're trim

Cheers guys
  91. mike_Ep3

Caliper Overhaul/Service

Cheers guys
  92. mike_Ep3

Caliper Overhaul/Service

How did you guys remove the piston from the caliper
  93. mike_Ep3

Seat 're trim

I can't seem to find it but who does the the new standard seat fabric can't seem to find them. thought about after market reclining seats but by the time you get the mounts and runners it's over 550 pound
  94. mike_Ep3

FRONT BREAK CALIPERS RE-MANUFACTURING ON EP3

I'm not doin it started doin it a few weeks ago But got the wrong part and havnt got the time this week so I'm getting a mate to do it
  95. mike_Ep3

Yer had it back .... proberly sent them off next week got a abs sensor to fit this week
  96. mike_Ep3

Yer need the one done as it is sticking so might as well send both rears got the mot soon so need em done
  97. mike_Ep3

So you had the standard remanufactured option then only asking coz I like the colour they have done on yours
  98. mike_Ep3

Did u pay extra for the paint?
  99. mike_Ep3

I don't no we're he went but I have found this and prices are pritty good www.brake-caliper-painting.com
  100. mike_Ep3

Hi mate same thing happening on my rear calipers what company did you send them too?
Back