• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Chiffs

EP3 Workshop manual

Rapid share of ctr ep3 manual linked in this topic http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=207453
  2. Chiffs

a/c installed and working

Thats a lot cheaper than i thought then. Did you have a complete list of all the parts? or just use the ep manual? Condenser, thats the ac rad is it not? Sorry about all the questions but you got me thinking that i might do this now :)
  3. Chiffs

a/c installed and working

How long did getting all the bits together take and cost you? Interested in doing this to mine but dont know if i will be able to afford it as i have a baby on the way and they cost a shed load lol
  4. Chiffs

Any dads using Britax SHR 2 baby seat?????

Have a little one in the oven baking nicely at the moment and have been looking at car seats and prams today. Can any Dads tell me if the Britax ISO fix base for the Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR 2 fits well in the back of a EP3 as this is looking like a firm favorite so far plus they do it in red...
  5. Chiffs

HELP, Strange Non Aircon pic request EP3

Won in court twice and the garage owner didnt turn up either time (time waster). Bailiffs could not collect anything from the garage as all the cars there where in previous owner names therefore legally not owned by the garage meaning that the bailiff could not seize them and sell off to get...
  6. Chiffs

Rear calipers, rebuild or replace (ep3)

Thanks for that Si :smt023
  7. Chiffs

That does not sound too bad price wise. Got a few days off next week so will be hunting prices from local motor factors.
  8. Chiffs

Its around £44 + vat not including the piston from honda. Have found so far, rebuilt caliper for £78 + vat, service kit £17.20 + vat and £20.65 + vat from http://www.brakesint.co.uk/index.html and they list nissin and lucas calipers for the rear. Mine has Nissin on the rear which im guess is...
  9. Chiffs

Thanks for the reply Mark The cable moves freely as does the handbrake arm on the caliper. The piston outer dust seal is shot although the piston does seem to move in/out freely, applying the handbrake and then releasing it causes the caliper to not quite release all the way as does the...
  10. Chiffs

I guess nobody has rebuilt a caliper on here then!!
  11. Chiffs

I have a slightly sticky piston on one side at the rear. Does anyone know anywhere to get a replacement caliper from or a rebuild kit from without using Honda as i dont like be told to bend over for a price. Only place i have found so far is biggred but they dont have any in stock:mad...
  12. Chiffs

Valve clearance affect fuel consumption??????

Yeah V power prices do suck, have only been using normal shell (dont do supermarket fuels). Think my massive drain pan 3ft x 2ft should do the trick for catching any fluid that misses the normal halfauds drain can i have. Oil im using silkolene pro S at about £40 for 5 litres and have done...
  13. Chiffs

Nice reply Chris, Happy to everything myself, only time i take a car to a garage is for MOT. Have built an 300hp 1.8 ltr nissan 200 sx engine before, done everything apart from the rebore and crank grind as those machines wont fit in the spare and the misses might go nuts if i start getting...
  14. Chiffs

:lol::smt014 She dont hang round thats for sure but all her journeys are stop go around town so no real chance of vtecing. On the open round its a different story for her:cool:
  15. Chiffs

Both myself and the wife use the car for work. Her driving is mostly town stop start type of driving (to see clients) where as mine is a little town and then a bit of B road driving (10miles to work). Average mileage to a tank has been around 230 -240 miles which im kind of happy with although...
  16. Chiffs

Tegiwa EP3 Brake Stopper Fitting Guide

Not got a ctr BMC stopper yet but have used one before on a 200sx. The main purpose of them is to stop baulkhead flex. As you push the brake pedal the baulkhead flex's meaning you have to push the pedal harder, which gives a spongy pedal feel. With the BMC stopper preventing the flex the...
  17. Chiffs

How do i fit a oil pressure gauge

If you are meaning castrol magnatec oil its not that great. From memory its only a part synthetic oil. The CTR is better using a fully syn as per what Honda say. You might also find you will use less oil then. Check the oil and petrol section and do some reading up from the oil man. Think...
  18. Chiffs

engine/driveshaft video

Sounds alright to me. Driveshaft rusty like them all but all looks fine. Have you got some problems?
  19. Chiffs

bridgestone VS eagle f1 tyres

Best price i found for eagles was 70 each from tyretraders.com just ordered 4 in 215 45 17 which i think worked out closer to stock size than 40 profiles. Hopefully mine will turn up today.
  20. Chiffs

cheap rear caliper tool

Or if you have a large flat head screw driver just use that. Works a treat for me
  21. Chiffs

Undecided on tyres, t1r, px4, f1. HELP

Tried them and didnt like em at all on my 200. Quite a hard tyre so lasted well but poor grip level in my opinion. How did you find the F1's on your CTR Dotty?
  22. Chiffs

Do you like nice clothes or prefer walking round in rags? Yes a good performance tyre is better than cheap rubbish. You get improved grip, some will last longer than cheap stuff although some wont last as long such as a r888 which is basicaly a road legal slick. Dont know of any comparison...
  23. Chiffs

Looking on new wheels...Any suggestions?

Check www.rarerims.co.uk for all rota wheels
  24. Chiffs

Hey all. Currently have yoko pradas spec 2 which will need to be replaced shortly. Not over impressed with them considering some peoples views on here. Fine in the dry with quite good grip in my opinion but shocking in the wet and no i dont drive like a crazy loon on speed. I have used Toyo...
  25. Chiffs

Brake master cylinder stopper

Excellent, might have to get one of them in the new year;)
  26. Chiffs

HID Pic Request

I asked for 6000k and got 6000k which give a very slight hint of blue but are no where near 8k blueness
  27. Chiffs

Kwik Fit - bunch of lying c s!

Kwik Fit have high targets to work too, therefore they try to do stuff (notice i say try as they dont really know what they are doing) that is fine and does not need doing. Took my own tyres down once to have them put on. Was informed by tech that i needed new brakes all round, asked manager...
  28. Chiffs

About to get a machine polisher.

Might hae to try some of that. Got most of my gear now. Only used the snow foam so far and that was a right laugh:)
  29. Chiffs

LV asking for tracker to be fitted.

Totaly agree thats why they didnt get my money and yourselves did for a happy price of £471 FC with the wife on the policy :D
  30. Chiffs

suspension and chassis bracing

JDM rear anti roll bar can be ordered direct from honda with the 2 bushes for £80. I currently only have the same tyres and a rear jdm arb. All feels fine and handles real well imo.
  31. Chiffs

About to get a machine polisher.

About to order a machine polisher from clean your car (well the misses is buying it for my b-day). I going with a Das 6 and sonus pads and polish as recommend due to good old soft honda paint. Looking at getting a foam lance too and some snow foam, looks fun :). I have some megs clays...
  32. Chiffs

New tyre advice for newbie

Yeah T1R's for me, check tyretrader and mytres for some fairly good prices.
  33. Chiffs

888 cost a shed load. They have awesome grip in the dry but suck in the wet, worse than pradas. I struggle with them in some light rain driving a mates evo 7, spinning with less than half throttle. Pradas for the price as has been said are very good, i just dont like the lack of confidents...
  34. Chiffs

Dont like avons, have used toyo t1r's before on a pulsar and a 200sx and loved them in the wet and dry. Heard very good thnigs about the goodyear f1's but never used them. Currently runnning 215 40s on mine with no problems. Using yoko parada's which in the dry are good but if you show them...
  35. Chiffs

Poorly EP3 Rolling road result!!

What sort of mileage has it done? Has it had a service recently? How hot was it on the day you had it on the rollers, this can affect final power. Hotter days = less power. Nice new oil, plugs, fuel filter and get the valve clearance done. All those will help for sure and not cost too...
  36. Chiffs

LV asking for tracker to be fitted.

Phoned LV for insurence quote and they want me to have a tracker fitted. Even the rep on the phone did not know why, crazy really considering i dont live in a dodgy area at all. Just a note really as i will find insurance easy somewhere else.
  37. Chiffs

Brake master cylinder stopper

Does anyone know anywhere to get one? Had BMC stopper on my 200sx and it made the brakes so much more responsive, initial pedal feel was greatly improved too.
  38. Chiffs

geometry set up in devon

No doubt Dotty will know the price as he had his does not too long ago. Will need rear camber arms and bolts for the front. Cheap coilovers are not worth wasting your money on, there is a reason they are cheap. As for springs, Tein, Spoon and Eibach are the main springs people go for and...
  39. Chiffs

geometry set up in devon

AP is probably best bet but like you said, they wont know what would best suit the car unless you get some settings off here or ctroc which might not be the best settings although there are some people on here who do seem to know there stuff.
  40. Chiffs

geometry set up in devon

I think we are well and truly lacking anyone with the knowledge down this way. Think the closest is TGM in Fleet i Believe. If you find anywhere let us know as would like to sort a fast road setup myself.
  41. Chiffs

EP3 Bumper part nos inside:)

Please bear in mind that my civic is satin silver and the bumpers come prepainted so you will need to find out if the part number is different for your colour. You should be able to right click and save, if the quality is not good enough please let me know and i will try and adjust them so...
  42. Chiffs

HID Lights

Understand. Not needed on facelift due to main and dip being too seperate bulbs. Hardly use my main beam due to dip hids being awesome so still have stock main beam halogen bulbs
  43. Chiffs

HID Lights

Or just plug it in the other way round. No extra diodes needed, most hid kits only use one original bulb connector as a switch for the hids via a relay. They get there power from the battery.
  44. Chiffs

race engine mods pics added

The worlds best saxo, JDM power :) Make sure you get some race footage up for all too see
  45. Chiffs

HID Lights

Holly cow £200:eek::eek::eek: Do you have money to burn. I paid £70 for mine almost 3 years ago and they have been fitted to my civic for just over a year and my previous motor (nissan 200sx) for almost 2 years. Have worked fine since i first got them, still on the original...
  46. Chiffs

How to read the dip stick ?

Pull dip stick out wipe with rag re insert leave for a few seconds pull out dip stick hold horizontal if you cant see the level clearly place the side of the dipstick on the back of your hand, this will allow you to see how far up the dip stick the oil is. I personally always check my...
  47. Chiffs

HID Lights

Dave i have some 5 led white sidelights from ebay (Hong kong) costing about £6 ish. will see if i can find them in my ebay tommorrow. I have 6000k bulbs and they match quite well.
  48. Chiffs

HID Lights

Your local company dont know what there on about. For facelift, get a H1 hid kit and get the civic bulb brackets from hids4u. Dont think about paying someone to fit them, its really not a hard job. Fitting is along the lines of, Remove old bulbs. Fit hid bulbs using adaptor Mount...
  49. Chiffs

Satin black on Satin Silver??

I painted all 4 with a decent brush on a sunny day. Paint is touch dry in about 1-2 hours and rock hard in 12 i think it said on the tin. Gave mine 2 coats on seperate days without stripping the caliper.
  50. Chiffs

51. Chiffs

Have a satin silver with satin black stock rims and red calipers that i sprayed myself using halfaud rattle cans for the rims, halfauds high temp red paint for the calipers. Will post some pics when home tommorrow. I think they suit the car. Matt black, satin black or gloss black would...
  52. Chiffs

Wheel choices for the JDM EP3

Dont know if you have seen or tried this but you can upload a side pic of your motor and add any rota well to see what it would look like. http://www.rarerims.co.uk/virtual/ Rarerims are the main uk agent, about 10 mins from me.
  53. Chiffs

Launch Control - or is it?!

Nothing to do with lauch control or the way vtec works, it just to stop the engine from being over revved under no load and causing damage. Got to laugh at the some of the answers though. :);)
  54. Chiffs

My JDM EP3

Lovely looking motor (after a clean) Spoon whore (but then thats good as i get your old exhaust :))
  55. Chiffs

Why the misses should not use the car

Damage is. Cracked passenger tail light ( replacement needed ) Bust bracket on corner of bumper and corner car clip ( replace x 2 ) Dent pushed out ok ( replace ) Slight rub marks on bumper where it came into contact with the post. Very bottom of splitter has flakey paint but no other...
  56. Chiffs

Prices from Honda. Tail light 45.43 + vat Bumper prepainted 173 + vat Not too bad really.
  57. Chiffs

Pics later. Going to give this ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5pQa_8oA3w Local bumper repair places around me are talking £150 :eek::eek:. Get a second hand bumper for less.
  58. Chiffs

Me too, do the bumpers tend to push back out into shape or not?
  59. Chiffs

Its mine and hers really although i drive it around 95% of the time. She gets the bus to work:lol: Hopefully not too bad
  60. Chiffs

Just phoned me in tears as she has reversed into a post ](*,)](*,) Not seen the car yet but have been told, dent into bumper, cracked tail light on passenger side. Think she was a bit worried to tell me. Didnt go mad as things like this do happen. Post in wanted section for bits needed
  61. Chiffs

Suggestions for advisories on MOT

I believe some have gone over 100k miles before changing. Im on 55k and still all fine
  62. Chiffs

Suggestions for advisories on MOT

skim for £144.90:eek::eek: Skim for that price, what are they skimming them with. Id want brand new discs and pads for less than that. I bought front and rear mintex discs and pads for £147. Alright i had to fit them myself but that is silly prices.
  63. Chiffs

EP3 exhaust choices

I really do hate oval tail pipes. just dont look right IMHO. Im still really tempted by the HKS even though they are mostly mild steel. Have had a HKS Super Drager and a Silent Hi Power on previous cars. The Super Drager was mostly mild steel too.
  64. Chiffs

EP3 exhaust choices

Dirty is that the single box system, how loud is it? Looks the same as a HKS which i like, might have to search youtube.
  65. Chiffs

EP3 exhaust choices

How long you had it?
  66. Chiffs

EP3 exhaust choices

Well i will have 400 of the finest English pounds availiable shortly to buy a catback exhaust. So far i really like the HKS HiPower. Any other options/choices you would like to add so i can have a look see.
  67. Chiffs

Urgent MOT light related ? 04 CTR

LOL Have seen other pics of a cracked lens and it is all but at the same angel. From 11 oclock to 5 oclock. Strange that two lens have the crack in almost the same place. Must be a defect. Passed MOT though which im happy about cause that would of been expensive. Only need to replace a...
  68. Chiffs

JDM ARB worth it?

Current set up of my car is standard suspension with 215 40 pradas and a aem cai. Need new rear drop links as one is knocking. So thinking of fitting a rear jdm arb at the same time. Later i will be going for camber arms and bolts so i can sort a fast road setup. Lets have your...
  69. Chiffs

Cant see it being the hids heat as they run cooler than the standard bulbs. I had only just switched the headlights on to check the standard bulbs where working when i noticed it so they would still be warming up. Have noticed a few other people have ahd the same thing happen to them as well.
  70. Chiffs

That pic is with standard bulbs (fitted for MOT). Had the car just under a year and have had 6000k HIDS in it within a week of owning, the crack has appeared within the last week as it was not there when i last washed the car.
  71. Chiffs

Little update, been to the garage and had the beam checked and its fine so that has saved me a few quid. God know how this has happened.
  72. Chiffs

2004 CTR Mot booked for 0830 tommorrow morning. Just gone round checking all my lights are working and have noticed that the passenger main beam cats eye has an internal crack in it :shock: :shock: :evil: . Would like to know if this will cause problems for mot as in screwing up the beam...
  73. Chiffs

Tips for removing brake disc screws???

Has anyone got any tricks/tips on the easiest way to remove the two screws that hold the brake discs on. Look like they are original discs and have never been changed so have covered 50k miles. Want to change rear discs and the screws are rather solid and cant be moved with my big ass screw...
  74. Chiffs

yokohama a048-r

Have used R888's before and they are awesome for the summer but no fun at all in this cold wet greasy and snowy weather. I even dont like my pradas at the moment. Back to toyo t1r's for me next time(seeing as mine is a daily driver).
  75. Chiffs

Brake rumble

I have about 2 months ago fitted new front discs and pads. Seem to have a rumble coming from the front passenger side, i believe its the pads just touching on the disc (as soon as the brake pedal is depreased it disappears and reappears when released) and can be heard around 50 mph up. My...
  76. Chiffs

Ah well, hopefully this will be helpfull for someone else in the future. My case is now under the urgent list for a new date so they tell me. Should hear within the next few days about new court date. Dont put much hope in the law system with simole screw ups like that though!!
  77. Chiffs

Well got all suited and booted, paid £3 for carparking at the court. Got inside and went to ask which court i would be in to only be told its not happening today:evil: :rant:. Aparently my case was second in line (ie too many listed for the day and if one is sorted before court mine would...
  78. Chiffs

Manifold and Decat question

Ah poo. Thats not too good then.
  79. Chiffs

Manifold and Decat question

Is there any decent manifolds (ie less than £500) that allow the standard cat to be retained and therefore an easy swap in for mot time and then swap out for a decat after rather than removing the whole manifold each time (lazy i maybe but i just prefer the easier option if there is one). Also...
  80. Chiffs

windscreen problems?

Have one small silica gel pack in mine and it makes quite a difference. Also if you have the car really warm inside when you park up after a drive in cold weather if car mist up due to the difference of the inside and outside temp. I usaully got for about half to 3/4s on the heating temp...
  81. Chiffs

I admit, didnt really know where the aircon pipes etc all ran as this is my first honda. Yep should of checked on this site first but my bad. To be honest i was really more interested in checking the motor for any leaking, strange nnoises etc. On that front it is all fine. Just the...
  82. Chiffs

Thanks for the tips, got me suit sorted already;) Only have an addy for the solicitor they are using, based in Beaufort Buildings, Clifton Downs, Bristol. In court at 1:30 pm so will post how i get on later in the afternoon/early evening.
  83. Chiffs

Hi guys the court date is next wednesday the 4th so not long. Not been contacted yet and i dont think i will be either tbh. Will be representing myself and no solicitor. Did have a bullsh*? letter from there solicitor when we first start the court ball rolling say we had never contacted...
  84. Chiffs

How to stop bloody cats sitting on car

Fantastic, will go and get some pepper and put it in the wiper scuttle everytime i park up at home. Have be using the water treatment already from a first floor window;) :lol: :lol: don't want them dead. Just yet
  85. Chiffs

How to stop bloody cats sitting on car

2 Neighbours have 3 cats between them and the little buggers keep sitting on my nice clean motor. Now i dont hate cats at all, have had several myself. But i really hate them on the car leaving there dirty footprints everywhere. Does anyone have any SENSIBLE ideas on how to stop them going...
  86. Chiffs

No im going to do the sensible and boring thing of paying some bills off, but spend some on a cat back. Most probably a HKS Hi-Power. Maybe get a decat as well.
  87. Chiffs

TBH i dont think returning the car will happen, although i am happy with the car and have just done front discs and pads, oil change, added a aem intake, new tyres all round, refurbed the rims and painted satin black and added wind deflectors. Be nice if that was the case. Thanks for the pics...
  88. Chiffs

Thanks Nick for the pic, i should be able to crop and resize that. Will give it a go in a bit to see how it looks. Yep you are all right im taking a non honda dealer to court for selling a a/c car without a/c. My bad for not checking that out but didnt really expect to have a a/c button...
  89. Chiffs

In brief im taking a car dealer to court and need a picture as part of my evidence. I require a picture taking the same as below showing a standard stereo and non aircon heater controls. It needs to be of decent quality so that i can print it on 6 x 9 photo paper. Anyones help on this...
  90. Chiffs

Smeary widescreen

Little update, cleaned the screen with vinegar which made it nice and clean. Still had some wiper hopping going on with the passenger blade so bit the bullet and went and bought myself some flat wiper blades from a motor factor. Valeco blades, one 24" and a 16" which i had to cut a small...
  91. Chiffs

Alarm / Locking

Was it freezing when this happened. My doors would not unlock when my car was frozen. Had to use the key. Deadlock works by push lock button (car locks) and then push it a second time for deadlock.
  92. Chiffs

Oil breather - why you should NOT replace the line by one of those tiny filters

How can a little filter make your engine go bang?? Would like to know what damage was done and how a little filter can cause this.
  93. Chiffs

my H.I.D.'s are nowhere near bright enough

Mine where from a group buy when i had a 200sx, dont think you can go too wrong with www.hids4u.co.uk. Believe a few people have got kits from them. Dont go any brighter than 6000k. 4300 is the brightest you can get.
  94. Chiffs

HIDS do that when you switch them on, bright flash and as they warm up and over 2-5 seconds they increase to there normal brightness.
  95. Chiffs

Same for me, drunk sex orgy in top corner. What is that about.
  96. Chiffs

You are right Lee, it vents into the airbox as standard which can still allow moisture into the motor. As above im running a catch tank from the cam cover vent thats not attatched to the airbox or in my case aem cai pipe.
  97. Chiffs

Battery positive and negative and maybe where the switcher is attatch into the original bulb connector. Although it depends how your kit connects as i have seen several different kit that connect in different ways. Just ensure all your connections are clean and secure. Where didi...
  98. Chiffs

As long as you have the right bulb type H1 on facelift i think and all your connections are good, cant really think what the problem can be apart from what has already been mentioned above. My 6000k hids are mega bright after i adjusted them and give off a very nice white/hint of blue light...
  99. Chiffs

Dont think it will be ballasts as they are working. Fit should be fine then with the adapters. They look rather bright in the pic although not too easy too tell, whats the beam pattern like? Maybe need adjusting so they point higher if they are pointing towards the ground a bit and not...
  100. Chiffs

My cam cover breather has a cusco catch tank attatched to it with the other connection on the catch tank venting to atmosphere. Where the breather pipe would attatch to the aem cai is blocked off. As in the post above, any oil vapour that does get sucked into the inlet system via the...
Back