• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Hopefully I've been some help to you. Brakes is certainly one of those places that can be minefield, but from what I've seen there's a lot of good quality options out there. I'd say even the Yellow Speed setup is a good option to look at also. If you're willing to venture to the £1k mark. PBS...
  2. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

They don’t use the original discs. They us a 309.7mm disc. Mine were 2 piece but I have seen them as one pieces before also. That link you show isn’t the right type. It’s the forged one you’re looking for. It’s a smoother calliper in appearance. I did also, happen to buy some Wilwoods Midlites...
  3. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

The cars come on along way since I last updated this. �� I don’t actually run these brakes anymore as I picked up a set of Stoptech ST40’s for a good price. I didn’t swap them out for any real reason other than ‘bigger is better’. With the Wilwoods I think, personally they’re very underrated...
  4. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Forgot all about this! What is it you want to know? They’re a good brake upgrade. The best part being the cost of pads are actually quite low. I was picking up Ferodo DS3000/DS1.11 for less than £80 more often than not. 310mm 2 part bolted discs gave good stopping power without crazy BBK...
  5. Ted

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Nice update
  6. Ted

Best all round track exhaust

I've got a Toda which is pretty damn quiet! When I get tested it hits 88db which is pretty pathetic really :). I am planning on swapping to 3inch some time next year and will be going for a TDI job or the solid fab track spec.
  7. Ted

Possible Oil temp and Pressure sensor postions EP3

My oil pressure sender is a t-piece off the back of the OEM sensor. (near the top of the block behind the head on the left as you're looking at the engine)...
  8. Ted

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Don't lose the faith after a couple of set backs. These things happen, just build the box strong like bull. Also I have no doubt that you would hugely drop your times at Donnington. My first ever time there my best was 1:25:47 so with your powers you should be smashing that.:smt023
  9. Ted

Ep3 rear bumper parachute effect ?

Excuse the horrendous understeer in this pic!
  10. Ted

My plastic windows have a bolt in the bottom centre that's attached to (something?!) on the inner skin of the door. Then tiger sealed all around the edges. They are pretty solid and don't leak at all....the rear quarters on the other hand have begun to leak!
  11. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

It's just the rubber nipple. I've used clips and jubilees to clamp the rubber nipple, but 4 times the rubber nipple has perished. I'm just removing any possibility of it leaking by blocking it off properly.
  12. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I also didn't find any bad reviews, it's not a bad piece of kit really just as it is a copy of the skunk2 it's never going to have the same quality of it, especially at half the price. My piece of advice before fitting is this; on the right hand side of the manifold where there is the two lower...
  13. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Admittedly the M2 intake was a knee jerk reaction as I had a few quid lying around the week before I went for mapping and thought It would be worth it, but I agree the water leaks are hugely annoying, should of just gone with the RBC/RRC in the first place! It's gotten to the stage where I am...
  14. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Ultimately I already knew what you both are saying. I just needed a more experienced second set of eyes than my own to make me see sense. So thank you both :D. I was relatively happy with my weight at Snetterton. But there's always room for improvement, particularly in my own driver ability...
  15. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

The Toda system does have a pretty large rear box and there's a centre silencer also. Have been laughed at for the quietness of the system on the sound test. But then I can't rev past 4K static for the sound tests so never mind :) He was quite adamant that a 3" system would unleash the extra...
  16. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Just seeing if I can get anybody else's thoughts on my power figure. Now don't get me wrong I am far from a numbers chaser, I never built this car with the idea of making it a high figured pub chat hero. However I was a little disappointed with its peak figure and when comparing it to other...
  17. Ted

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

It's not so much the actual brass fixing that's causing my issue but more the rubber blanking nipple. I cannot seem to find a way of keeping it on there securely. I've used all sorts of clamps. But the rubber nipple just perishes over a small time. Must be some high pressure coolant flowing...
  18. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

It's quite crazy how such a simple thing can completely change the way the vehicle performs. That's why I enjoy criticism as much as praise. You only get better by allowing other people to critique and develop you.
  19. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Yeah a friend of mine mentioned that after Snetterton. As a result I made a conscious effort at Thruxton to remedy it. Steering felt better and is one of the reasons I'm think I'm now understeering less as I'm not putting too much input in to the wheel now.:smt023
  20. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Ha, he's a good friend of mine. He had previous Snetterton experience and was exploiting the fact I didn't know where the grip was on the fast corners. The straights were my payback:D
  21. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Don't get me wrong I still really enjoyed Croft, I think ultimately what warranted my feelings towards it was my disappointing understeer issue, I just felt so slow in some of the corners especially when lard ass BMW E36's were taking me on the inside. Luckily the issue seems to be gone or at...
  22. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

So a few months have passed now since my first race at Donnington and in true Honda reliable fashion I've had almost zero issues. The car has been ran for around 3 hours at race speeds (completely flat out) and nothing untoward (major) has happened, also interestingly it has used hardly a drop...
  23. Ted

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

I don't suppose the bung you're referring to is the one of the two smaller ones underneath the rad top hose port? Particularly the engine side one that gets blanked off? I've been having constant leaks and dramas with mine. I'm on my 4th bung for it. I plan on pulling the stud off and tapping...
  24. Ted

EP3 track day drivers - Tell me what caused your breakdowns on track?

I concur, my first 2 races this year I blew the oil caps off. Strangely enough after spending £30 a time on 'decent' ones the cheapo fake ebay job is lasting the longest to date.
  25. Ted

Looks spot on. Regarding the 888-R, I was on the TOYO stand for the Autosport show sharing the stand with them. I was chatting to their sales rep and he said that the 888-R are an improvement in the dry but a huge step backwards in the wet. I've only heard good things so far from people running...
  26. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Ha completely forgot about this happening but at the end of the race something was missing from my car...can you guess what it was... Its quite bizarre really as it's usually a slut to remove as it's quite tight fitting. I did actually notice that my oil pressure decreased and my temps rose...
  27. Ted

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Sweet thread.
  28. Ted

I've had a little look at them and seen they're only really designed for the face lift bumper which would seem it would cause hassles for me to fit. Maybe if I slapped on some kind of cheap flat bottomed rubber splitter first then could fit that...but then I'm adding extra weight and not...
  29. Ted

How deep are those splitters? I'm guessing they don't cover the engine compartment enough to class as a diffuser? I like the idea of fitting one of those as a good eye catcher but deep down want something a bit more technical with purpose aka proper front diffuser. No a dig his genuinely...
  30. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Forgot to mention that I finally got mapped at Eurospec a few weeks ago. Made a disappointing peak figure but gains of nearly 60hp in the mid range were greatly received! Romain told me my exhaust was the weakest point what with it being a 2.5". Bit disappointing as I love my Toda, I've spoke to...
  31. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Some new pics as of today's race at Donnington.
  32. Ted

Lovely thread dude. Finally something worth reading about! Our weights are quite similar as are our modifications(although I'm jealous of your cams). Was yours weight with the cage fitted? I was 1114kg with approx 1/2 tank.
  33. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I'm a little baffled of your weight. Either my scales are lying or yours are
  34. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I'll have to check it out.
  35. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

How was yours measured at 1040? My car is literally stripped to the bone bar hole cutting panels and plastic bonnet/boot/door. Doesn't have aircon or even ABS - doesn't even have a slam panel anymore :-).
  36. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I thinks that's why I was disappointed in my figure of 1114kg. A lot of talk is said about the weights of things on the internet but not much actual evidence to back it up. But I used my own set of scales and that's what it came in at with around 1/2 a tank of fuel. I will add also that my...
  37. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I'd be interested in both of those probable (if the price was right). i don't know really how much it saved, the unit was no more than 3-4kg and the lines altogether couldn't of been more than a kilo or so. Prob about 5kg all in. Every little helps though. i weighed in the other day at 1114kg...
  38. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Thanks for the tip off for Pesch! Doors seem to come in for under £300 if my conversions are right! (Less shipping) sounds a steal! Can't understand a word that's written on there though :-) The lack of ABS took some getting used to, especially with my Wilwood front brake upgrade. But after a...
  39. Ted

Cage for ep3?

Exactly that. My friend has a track EG6 and made carbon splayed to cover the cut around the dash. Looks very tidy. if you're thinking of selling the car in the future with a cage then you'd be mad to not get an MSA spec one. People that want to compete won't even contemplate a car with a non...
  40. Ted

Cage for ep3?

Surely depends on what you're going to be needing the cage for? I needed an MSA spec cage to compete. The only essential parts I wanted were the ability to run the harnesses off of them.
  41. Ted

Interior stripping Weight reduction ep3?

I've stripped everything non essential out of mine, doors skins, ABS, stuff behind the dash, lighter 16'' wheels, kevlar seat etc. Unfortunately can't give you a weight but as I've literally just bought some corner weighting scales I'll be able to tell you in a few weeks. I'm going to guess...
  42. Ted

Cage for ep3?

We'll it's MSA spec so I'm 99.9% sure it will be up to their regs. I'm sure you'll find the regs for the civic cup on its website. It conforms to all national events that I'm aware.
  43. Ted

Cage for ep3?

I have a Safety Devices 6 point welded in to mine. Its a nice cage, does go through the dash though.
  44. Ted

Wilwoods anyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5yuHH1d4hg In that video (my friends series) there are some snippets of when they were fitted.
  45. Ted

Wilwoods anyone

I run Wilwood Dynalites under my 16" Slipstreams. They fit like a glove. And with floating discs the brakes barely fade out even in the heaviest of conditions. Havent got got any pics to hand right this second but I'll get some up when I'm back in the UK in a few weeks.
  46. Ted

help, what are these??

I've used cheap ones from eBay and used ones from my local motor factor and they all last as much as each other. Think i've done all four for around £30 in the past.
  47. Ted

Intake manifold

SOLD! (more photo whoring:asw::))
  48. Ted

Skunk 2 Composite fuel rail

Ah right cool. That's good to know. Thanks
  49. Ted

Thanks for the reply and little whoring of a lovely looking bay :). I'm not sure why I just don't like the look of the regulator just plonked on the top like that. Good to know that I can achieve what I want with some hosing. Cheers
  50. Ted

Does anybody know if you can fit a braided hose on to the S2 fuel rail? The reason I ask is because I find the OEM piping pretty nasty to look at and would want to replace it with braided hose. I believe its an integral FPR so may mean I'd have to externally mount one around the bay? This is...
  51. Ted

Dan & Owen's EP3 Race + Track Build

How's this car been getting on?
  52. Ted

My first EP3 figured it's time to start a build thread

My fluid and lines are all uprated so that helps alot with the pedal feel also. But I agree DBA rotors are highly commendable, i'll be buying again for sure!
  53. Ted

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Great build and incredibly clean car! I have identical power mods to you apart from I run a full Toda system (manifold back) so would be pretty happy to be getting the figures you're hitting, especially the torques!
  54. Ted

My first EP3 figured it's time to start a build thread

How do you find your new brake setup? I use this setup for my track spec EP and love it. It's quite crazy just how good it seams to work for me, almost to the point where I feel I can't justify a caliper upgrade.
  55. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Contemplating fibre glass doors..... But they aren't cheap!
  56. Ted

mfactory lsd

Not sure about MFactory diff but my KAAZ plated uses a whole tub of Torco friction modifier mixed in to normal Honda MTF and that seams to work well.
  57. Ted

Intake manifold

Guess it kind of makes sense that it's so cheap over here then! im not fussed about chopping bits up off the car anyway. You obviously haven't seen my most recent pics on my build thread :). Plus I don't have a slam panel....lightweight...... I spoke to TDi and they said Skunk2. So that's good...
  58. Ted

Intake manifold

So the Skunk2 (yes is the nicest looking and is more JDM YO than an equivalent but that doesnt bother me) is it the "the best"?
  59. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

It's been a fair while since I've actually updated this thread. In that time I've done a trackday at Bedford. Bedford is brilliant! Loads of differing corners to tackle and can carry speed through alot of the sections. The way the car handled it was perfect. It was also the first opportunity...
  60. Ted

Intake manifold

Yeah I agree with the whole 70mm remaining consistent and not being funnelled through smaller apertures. I happen to be in Canada at the moment and can use the dollar to my advantage very well. So much so that I can get a Skunk2 for the same price as an RBC. I just want to buy the best first...
  61. Ted

Intake manifold

I'd like to resurrect this thread instead of starting a new one. The final piece of my puzzle is getting a new intake manifold. Everyone raves about the RBC which is cool but is this deemed "the best bang for buck". Intakes I've considered are: RBC -£250 - cheapest option lots of rave...
  62. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Well it's been a while since I've had any chance to actually work on the car. In that time I've swapped out the dash harness for a new one. This proved a good moved, although the car still wouldn't start. Good in that the lights on the car are much stronger now. So I'm confident the earths are...
  63. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

You'll never be able to tell the difference in drive ability between two that have minor weight differences. However you do notice it between OEM and lightweight. I went with Fidanza purely as it was the best price.
  64. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Couldn't of said it better myself.
  65. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I wouldn't class a branded item as an uograde just because it sounds like it's an upgrade. Some people assume that if you're buying an Exedy clutch for example would instantly be better than an OEM ONE. In some case yes they are but for basic power mods there's nothing wrong with the Honda item.
  66. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I put a brand new OEM clutch in, they're rated good enough for my requirements. And don't come with the premium of a 'upgraded' item.
  67. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Well the new loom proved that I had indeed cut up a bunch of earths and I now have solid dash lights instead of flickering dim ones. however I've now lost the fuelling. So going to hardwire the pump in via a relay, give it a dedicated feed so that it can't complain. Hopefully once I've got that...
  68. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I've only driven Castle Coombe in this car. However when I'm up and running again I'll be hitting up Brands and Cadwell. And looking at going to Spa next year.
  69. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I think so too. Pretty sure there's supposed to be a pretty cluttered eart point just in front of the ecu behind where the glovebox sits.....I kind of don't seem to have that anymore. Pretty sure that's not helping things!
  70. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I've bought a new loom now, so will swap that in this weekend and see if we have lift off!
  71. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I thought that was the case. I'm not seeing any green light. Need an immobilizer guru to tell me what's what.
  72. Ted

Twisting gear linkage

Finally sorted this, like a grade A turd I put the gear linkages on the wrong way round. I've swapped them back and now have gears again
  73. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Unfortunately still haven't been able to find the electrical fault. So I'm going to cut my losses and just buy a new dash loom, slow time strip it down so that I don't cock it up again tape it all back up nice and tidy then swap it out. At the moment it's like a needle in a haystack trying to...
  74. Ted

Rear tow hook

Mines welded on to the chassis, and can confirm it destroys your shins should you even think of brushing near it. However it is solid and more than up to the job. Plus it was nice and cheap around £20 if I remember correctly.
  75. Ted

Any scope for upgrading master cylinder / servo assistance for track use?

Have been thinking about this myself, particularly as I'm getting rid of the ABS in the summer.
  76. Ted

Ep3 rear camber kit what make??

I'm running skunk2, not the cheapest option and I don't think it's particularly bling. But they are well made, great looking quality.
  77. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Finally have this weekend to work on the car! Hopefully come Sunday all will be right with world again!
  78. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Yeah I'm not shy with the brakes. Maybe it's down to the fact the tracks I've done have always been pretty cold/wet days. I'm yet to take it on a warm day so maybe that'll uncover some weak points.
  79. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Ooh that excites me slightly. I haven't really had chance to get out and about the area properly really. But I may just have to take a visit see what they can make of my wiring faux pas.
  80. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Aldershot :chav:
  81. Ted

Marshall's Satin EP3

Lovely price, looks a bargain.
  82. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I really must find time/somewhere to work on this issue. Have just moved job location so struggling to find work space at the moment. All private rental workshops are big bucks. Could do with getting involved with a few people in the Hampshire area that would be interested in a decent sized unit...
  83. Ted

Croft - 25/5/13

Nice, looked pretty quick! Clean looking lines.:smt023
  84. Ted

Tegiwa problems?

Assuming it's an exhaust you've fitted?
  85. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I did check them all but I'm going to double check everything again with a fine tooth comb. I'm happy I've got fuelling the battery prob could do with a charge as the cars not been run up very much on the last few months even though the batt has been disconnected. i think the starter motor is...
  86. Ted

Different tire size front and rear for track day for my FN2

Nether is a standard tyre size. EP3's come on 17's and I'm not too sure what the tyre sizes would be. At a guess 215/40/17?
  87. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Thanks:) It sure does go round the track well. I was most impressed by the brakes even with my late heavy braking they refused to fade so maybe the caliper upgrade I was intending on can be put on the back burner for a bit. The grip as well was seemingly never ending (apart from when I was a...
  88. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

As of last weekend I began to remove any unneeded weight within the car, removing random wires cutting out my doors and removing all electrics in them etc. Which led me to a decent weight saving prob in total 10kg's This was all good and dandy and then I started to become more and more...
  89. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

As a picture paints a thousand words im just going to throw a few pics up :blush: That's enough random picture posting for now. Shame I can't produce a chronological build but at least I can keep this thread going! :4:
  90. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I've scoured this forum for quite some time now and taken alot of good hints and tips away. So I guess it's time I actually make a contribution instead of being some kind of seedy voyeur! Now unfortunately I've already done a good 75% of my cars build and being lost in the moment has led me to...
  91. Ted

Different tire size front and rear for track day for my FN2

I'm not running 18's so can't really comment whether they'll fit or not but I run a staggered tyre size front I back. Front 225/50/16 Rear 205/55/16 its something that a lot of Fwd race cars do so thought I'd give it a go, more traction to the driving wheels and less weight on the rear of the...
  92. Ted

Nengun.com

I've used Nengun many times. More so when the Yen was awesomely cheap. But still they are a top notch company and always have plenty of pretty things to tempt you. i recently bought 3x Defi gauges from them and even with the import tax saved £100 on UK prices. Delivery times are usually pretty...
  93. Ted

Twisting gear linkage

Nobody ever experienced this?
  94. Ted

Twisting gear linkage

Have had an utter mare with my car this weekend and needed up having to take the dash out....having now put it all back together I don't seem to have gears! By that I mean that the gear lever does not engage any gears up and down. Side to side feels fine. Is it possible in my haste that I've...
  95. Ted

Car will not start, suspected immobiliser issue?!

Small update. Turns out the starter was just being a mare! A little bump and she splurted into life it's been starting happily ever since, so looks like I have an iffy starter motor. Not the end of the world as long as I've got a couple of abler bodied people around to give me a shove. Back to...
  96. Ted

Car will not start, suspected immobiliser issue?!

Unfortunately not, the cars tucked away for Christmas in storage as I'm back home for Christmas. It'll have to be dealt with in the new year. The more I think about it though it must be a starter motor/fuse issue. It just hasn't shown any usual starter motor dying issues. The battery is tip top...
  97. Ted

Rota Slipstreams on an EP3 type R?

That's a good point, when I fitted my tyres due to the lowering on coilovers and the alignment on the rear I was getting quite a bit of rub. I combatted this by using my trusty trolley jack handle and a heat gun to work open the arch enough to be rub free.
  98. Ted

Apologies just seen the big typo in my tyre sizes! Im running 225/50/16 as a standard size. The skinnier rears I've got are 205/55/16. They give the same balloon spec appearance but obviously 20mm narrower.
  99. Ted

I use TOYO R1R for days in the wet and I've got TOYO 888 for dry days. The car is track only these days but I was running the R1R as daily tyres also and they were great! i really want to give Federal RSR's a try but they're hard to get hold of in any decent size I might want. I have however...
Back