• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. E

Techniclutch / Nationwide Clutch Distributors

Do not buy anything from these cowboys. PM me if you want details of why but trust me, not worth the hassle. Bunch of conmen.
  2. E

Stereo Harness - Live Wire question

I am putting in my Pioneer head unit. Live wire on the harness is only connected at one end. Can I simply connect it next to/adjacent to the negative wire and use the constant live feed? (I always remove the fascia out of habit) Will I run risk of flattening battery or fire? All other head...
  3. E

BC Coilovers

Hi, Anyone had any experience with these? I was thinking of putting a set on my EP3 which is used as a daily... what is their longevity like? Will they be up to the job for a good couple of years? or will they fall to bits in 6 months? I appreciate the ride will be firmer, that doesnt bother...
  4. E

Cheap and Quality 5w 40 Fully Synth

Just been onto Opie to get some oil to top up my EP. 1 litre of Gulf 5w 40 Fully synth = £4!
  5. E

I think Dinosaurs still exist...

Left the house to be welcomed by this monstrosity (and I dont mean my rear window tint, yes, I know its embarassing :p ) I washed it off only find that the paint underneath now looks completely ruined. Looks like it has almost bubbled. Is there anyway I can get this out? Will it polish out? I...
  6. E

P0141 after filling up with Super...

Put Super in my EP3 the other day, just as a treat. I usually always fill up with normal unleaded...(Shell) ECU has thrown up P0141 code which is a fault with the rear lambda sensor on the cat - anyone else experienced this with super unleaded? I suspect it is more than likely a co-incidence...
  7. E

Rubbing noise on inside front when turning right...

Hi, Anyone had this or have any idea what could be causing this? I have checked the wheel well and everything is in its place all tight and secure.... When going right into a junction or round a roundabout, I can hear a slight and constant rubbing/scuffing noise coming from the inside front...
  8. E

EP3 Gear Knob Removal

Hi, Sorry if there is a thread already for this. I did a search but couldn't find anything. Standard gear knob in an EP3 - is it a normal thread or reversed thread? I have tried to remove mine and the nut under the knob will just not turn at all. Ive tried with brute force and it begins to...
  9. E

Fuel Gauge Read High for a few minutes...

Not seen this before... Arrived at work yesterday morning and had just under 1/2 a tank. Got in the car to go home at the end of the day (it had been muggy and humid most of the day) and the fuel gauge read tank 3/4 full... After a few minutes/miles it went back to just under 1/2 as expected...
  10. E

What else to replace while it's all off?

I'm getting my front lower wishbone bushes, front ARB bushes and driveshafts replaced in a couple of weeks What other perishable/consumable parts are worth buying so I don't end up putting old bits back on? Is it worth considering a new input shaft bearing - or would this need the gear box to...
  11. E

Badge Outline after removal

Morning All, I've taken the 'Civic' badge of the boot lid. Managed to remove the extremely stubborn glue that was left behind. Now I'm stuck with an outline of the badge on the paint. If you run your finger over it, you can't feel the outline. Is there anyway this can be removed? I am...
  12. E

02 Sensor Replacement @ 150k?

Hi, EML came on last night, I am guessing it could be an 02 sensor. (Diag kit in post.) Just wondered though, how easy to replace are they? At 150000 miles I am guessing its practically welded itself in place?
  13. E

Lower Wish Bone Bush replacement EP3

Hi, Will very soon be replacing my front lower wishbone bushes. Is there anything else I could replace at the same time - instead of putting old worn out parts back on when re-assembling?
  14. E

Creaky Top Mounts

Hi, Really annoying creaky top mounts - I think.... All bolts are tight but I was just wondering, would it be worth undoing the bolts (the 3 mounts) (one by one) and spraying a load of grease in/around them?
  15. E

Big Bolt at the top of the strut

Hi, What is this actually for? Is it just to keep the spring compressed around the damper? My top mounts have been making a squeaky rattle. I turned one of these bolts a quarter turn and the noise went. Now the driver side is doing it. Its driving me up the frikkin wall. I loosened this big...
  16. E

What EP3 Engine/Gearbox Mounts can be done on the drive?

Hi, Just wondered if there are any easily accessible engine/gearbox mounts that can be considered as a DIY job? Would be good to replace a mount here/there without having to book my car into a garage... Guess some form of jack will be required to hold the engine up while a mount is replaced...
  17. E

Top Mount Creak/Squeak on 03 EP3

Hi All, Had both front shocks replaced with top mounts and bearings a couple of months ago. (KYB Shocks & top mount kits) Recently I have noticed very small squeaky rattles coming from the top mount bolts. The 3 small mount bolts that fix the strut to the car on each side are all tight, so...
  18. E

Worn EP3 Driver Seat Cover

Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the lower part of the seat cover on a pre-facelift EP3? The bit that you sit on is wearing away and I could do with getting it re-upholstered. Is it an easy job?
  19. E

Gearbox / Bearing / Tranny Question

Hi, I don't know a great deal about cars but I sure as hell know nothing about transmissions... EP3's done 140k. Still going amazingly strong. Clutch recently replaced. I have noticed recently that when the car idles, you can hear a slight rough noise in the box. The noise goes when you step...
  20. E

New Track Rod Ends

Hi, Should be getting my old and very worn out track rod ends replaced tonight. Will I notice any difference? Not sure what to expect!
  21. E

Front Shocks & Top Mounts for a 2003 CTR

Hi Everyone, Need to replace my front shocks and top mounts on my 2003 CTR. Last time I had them done (60,000 miles / 4 years ago) I used KYB's. Just wanted to run this by the forum to see if anyone knows of any online places that sell shocks other than ebay and eurocarparts! £90 per shock is...
  22. E

Locking an EP3 with no battery

Hi Guys, How do you lock all 3 doors to an EP3 if there is no battery / no charge? I see you can look the drivers door on the key (the N/S door can be done from the inside) so how do you lock the boot lid?
  23. E

MOT Expiration/Void ?

Morning I had a chat with a friend last night about MOT's I said that I usually get my car MOT'd about 3 weeks before the current ticket expires. (To give me time to buy source best part prices myself) He said that if you put your car in for an MOT and it fails - it voids any existing/valid...
  24. E

EP3 Temp Gauge Question

Hi All, Just had my new Rad installed on my 03 CTR this morning... I have always been a bit 'scared' of cooling systems after previous bad experiences with a couple of MK2 Golfs. Anyway, rad installed. Got home after a 10 minute run and let the car idle to ensure the fan came on.... the temp...
  25. E

Radiator Filler Cap Question

Hi, Just ordered a cheap atfer market claimed-to-be OE quality radiator. It arrives today. I have just thought though, will it or should it have the top filler cap that the original ones have to the left of the slam panel? If not, is it OK to install it anyway? For what reason are the filler...
  26. E

Small Coolant Leak - Bottom Right of Radiator?

Morning All, Leak Position: Looking at a pre-face lift EP3's front end, bottom right of the rad behind the lower grille in the bumper above the splitter... Just before I left for work this morning, noticed a small patch of damp under the front end. Investigated further and it was just a small...
  27. E

Buying Oil off Ebay... How Safe?

Hi everyone, Just purchasing a few bits for my next service. Found some Millers CFS 5w40 (5L) for my EP3. Its only around £43 delivered! How confident are you all about buying oil off ebay, it might be Halfords oil in the bottle for all we know..... Might be best paying extra from a reputible...
  28. E

Insurance Renewal - New Policy Query - Help!

OK Fellas, need a bit of help as I am wondering what this means... No Claims Discount -8 Years Not Protected, Pending Claim... I had a small bump a few weeks back, my NCD is protected at present. My policy is due for renewal at the end of the month and this is what it says on the renewal...
  29. E

Human verification images....SO ANNOYING.

Just tried to ask for assistance through the 'contact us'... All very well, but how are you supposed to get assistance when you have to get past the human verification images....???? Absolutely pointless in having a contact us section when you have these, they are a joke. Fair do's it's a...
  30. E

Change in Brake Bite after MOT...

Hi, I have noticed that after my last couple of MOT's my brakes feel really sharp and responsive - for about 50 - 80 miles... Is this because a glaze builds up on the pads and when they stand on them in the MOT to test them, the glaze goes??? I'm not particulary heavy on the brakes and I...
  31. E

Do you HAVE to insure a SORN'd car?

Hi everyone, Forgive me if this is a daft question. I was chatting to a friend and he said his track car (which is currently SORN'd) costs him £60 a month to insure. I asked him why the hell has he insured it if its SORN'd - he said all cars, either on the road or SORN'd must be insured... Do...
  32. E

Theft Prevention...EP3

Hi All, Came back from a weekend away and my next door neighbour knocked on. He has a Porsche Boxster and over the weekend, he has had his boot broken into and his alarm disabled...he isnt sure if it was done on his drive or when he was at footy...but apparently there were some people milling...
  33. E

iPhone connection in order to control from Head Unit

Hi Everyone Searched briefly before posting this. I am told there is a cable available that will connect my iPhone to my head unit and allow me to skip tracks from the head unit buttons. I have an aftermarket head unit with various ports. I know the AUX port on the front wont support this...
  34. E

Anyone used these Headlight Bulbs?

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H4-ABD-60-55W-Xenon-Ice-Blue-Bulbs-pair.html Looking to buy some but wanted to see if anyone has had experience with them and if they are up to the job? Thanks.
  35. E

Help - Do I take the tint of my NHB EP3...

Hello, I cant decide what to do. My NHB EP3 has tinted rear windows - not factory, the 2 rear quarters are neat, however the rear screen is bubbling and the tint is tatty. The front drops are clear. (all thanks to Greater Manchester Police, at least they didnt give me points so I cant grumble...
  36. E

OEM Tyre Rating for CTR EP3

Hi All, Sorry if there is a really obvious post for this, I did have a look although I havent checked the owners manual.... Is the OEM tyre rating for a CTR EP3 84W? Looking to buy tyres online from camskill and just want to make certain that this is correct - also, I am assuming it is OK to...
  37. E

M62 50MPH Limit = Pure MPG!!!! (210 miles on 1/2 a tank)

Hi Everyone, Just had approximately 210 miles on half a tank of fuel (+ what was in the pipe after I brimmed it)... Filled up and got on the M6 J18 and hypermiled it to the M62 via M60 S+E to Chadderton where I cut through to the M62 - it was pretty much a 50mph limit from when I got on until...
  38. E

Pre-Facelift EP3 Headlights

Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to get pre-facelift headlights for an EP3 that appear to be black inside - like the facelift ones? Cheers
  39. E

Best colour for an EP3?

I think most people like me would say white, but what about UKDM colours only???? Cosmic Grey for me.....
  40. E

Dyno'd at 131000 miles...206bhp - nice result!

Hi All, Some of you said you would be interested to see what power my EP3 delivers after fairly high mileage.... 3 runs gave the following results: 205.18 207.65 208.37 The engine just has a K&N typhoon bolted to it and a DC Sports cat back exhaust. I would photo and upload the graph but my...
  41. E

Very slight knocking noise....that disappears

Hi all, I parked up on my drive and opened the door, I thought I could hear a really really faint knocking noise.... I opened the bonnet and the engine sounded fine stood over it. I couldn't hear any knocking....went back into the car and thought I could hear a faint knock again but then it...
  42. E

Would you put a 130,000 mile car on a dyno?!

Hi, Car is going on a rolling road this Saturday. Its done 130,000 miles. I am doing it because I want to see how much power the engine has actually retained after all these miles. With it being a Honda, my friend says I will be pleasantly suprised! Had the oil changed 2 weeks ago, getting the...
  43. E

Will I need a new Head Unit Fascia/Surround????

Hello everyone, My friend has an 05 plate EP3. He has bought a new sat nav system to replace his existing factory fit Alpine sat nav system. Will he need a new fascia/surround to accomodate the new Kenwood DNX5220bt? Forgive my ignorance but I have absolutely no idea about ICE... will all the...
  44. E

Oil level a couple mm over....

Hi, Just had my EP3 CTR serviced and all 5L of oil was put into the engine.... is this going to be OK if I don't thrash it? Its about 2-3mm over the maximum hole on the stick. A lot of my friends run on track and run their cars 1mm or 2mm over the maximum level, they've all said it should be...
  45. E

Can you get Bonnet Lifters/Spacers for an EP3 CTR?

I have been looking for some but cannot find any. I think it may help to reduce heat under the bonnet, especially when it warms up in the summer....
  46. E

Need New Front Shocks...

I bought new shocks for my 2003 Civic Type R a while back, I couldn't really find anything affordable at the time as I just wanted 'standard' shocks. I phoned KYB in Warrington and discovered Sandbach Motor factors (Cheshire) sell KYB Front shocks. I think I paid something in the region of...
  47. E

EP3 Air Ducting...

I have a K&N Typhoon filter and I am on a mission to reduce air intake temp as I believe they are prone to heat soak. Has anyone played around with and made custom air ducting on an EP3? I have shined a torch (in the dark) through the front end of the car with the bonnet open, and not a lot of...
  48. E

EP3 CTR Steering Wheel/Airbag removal

Hi All, New to this forum malarky although had an 03 CTR for 2.5 years now. Always wanted to fit an upgraded steering wheel and wondered - is it worth it? I understand that the airbag would have to be removed, this would then cause the airbag light to stay on, wich I believe is an MOT failure...
Back