• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. antisanta

My S15

No worries man, it's something that crops up alot. The tyres, tyre pressure, wheel size etc etc make a much bigger difference than that of a FWD car so its worth doing. The S15 is an absolute beast of a motor, I'm sure it gets a lot of attention so would be a shame to sell! In regards to...
  2. antisanta

My S15

Just like to add my two cents to this as I feel it may be appropriate! I went from a FWD car in the form of an EP3 to an Mk1 MX5 and within the first few hours I had span it at 40mph, had my back end wayy out on a sliproad to a dual carridgeway just from accelerating (in a STRAIGHT LINE IN 3RD...
  3. antisanta

antisanta's CTR - Selling up :(

Well to be honest, as much as I love the car, in hindsight I probably rushed into buying the car in the first place. I got my pants pulled down by Apr on finance, insurance is higher than expected due to changing car mid policy and if I'm completely honest I'm sacrificing other things in order...
  4. antisanta

Regrettably she is now up for sale :( http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?89862-Honda-Civic-Type-R-2004-Satin-Silver-56000-miles-%A35300
  5. antisanta

Feeling down !

5 door.. hmmm FD2?! Yeah, quite expensive.. just rob someone, np.
  6. antisanta

Feeling down !

Is buying another one out of the question?
  7. antisanta

Help! Heads bursting with tyres

215 45 Goodyear eagle f1s /thread
  8. antisanta

Just fitted a SS un-silenced B pipe + OEM back box

Unsilenced B-pipe, Spoon N1 and DC sports header if you want loud. Doubt you will get on many tracks though ;)
  9. antisanta

Best prices - any recommendations? Eibach prokit, rear camber arm, camber bolts?

Since I've just bought all my parts for the FRSU I thought I could be off use. I've gone with Eibach Pro kit (15mm/20mm), Eibach SPC Camber arms Eibach bolts - as you said, buy cheap buy twice. Eibach are a reputable brand and people have a lot of good things to say about them. If you are...
  10. antisanta

My 02 CTR

Haven't wasted any time have you! aha. Fair dos! That exhaust is apparently one of the best - but very hard to find. Would be interested to hear what it sounds like. Also a fan of the carbon bonnet :smt023 I've not heard good things about the D2 Camber arms though :<, thoughts?
  11. antisanta

Updated the original post a bit. My wishlist has changed since I took ownership! (And went to Japfest -.-) Sneaky pic from JF..
  12. antisanta

Dan's Satin Silver Facelift EP3

Heres a link to the sealant http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/finishkare-1000p-hi-temp-sealant/prod_589.html You can also get sample tins from them which is handy. I have a few pics on my thread in my sig after using it and the Dojo Juice. Fair play getting your mam and gf to wash the car...
  13. antisanta

EP3 Lift off oversteer

What tyres did you go for mate?
  14. antisanta

Dan's Satin Silver Facelift EP3

Nice car mate. Good choice! I use fk1000p sealant and/or dojo juice white fantastic wax on my ss. Both look really nice with the sealant giving it a 'wet' look. Haha I noticed you have bought some springs already, the modding bug will bite especially if you go to any Jap shows! I recommend...
  15. antisanta

Service Question

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?87157-EP3-FN2-service-schedule You can thank Loxy for that :)
  16. antisanta

My JDM Integra R

One of the few cars trade mine for. Looks immaculate mate. Many kudos! Will be subscribing to this!
  17. antisanta

few pics of my cosmic Ep3(updated)

Nice pics mate, they are from the CL stand at Japfest yeah? I was there too :D. Car is looking sick, love the rims.
  18. antisanta

Knite Force NL 2002 EP3 + NL 1991 EE8 +NL 1991 EE9

Welcome! Best colour EP3 :D As above, more pics!
  19. antisanta

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Lovely looking car mate. Enjoy it! - I'm sure you will!
  20. antisanta

insurance help

Postcode lottery.
  21. antisanta

Wheel bible: Loads of pics of different wheels on the CTR

Nice 3.5 year bump incoming. I'm after a pic of Rota Grids on an SS EP3 (in Bronze if possible) the normal ones - not drifts or V. Also after a pic of Enkei 8's :) Thanks in advance
  22. antisanta

Aaron's NHB EP3 (hondata reflashed and evo 9's fitted)

Love the wheels mate. Trying to find a set of Evo 8s myself :)
  23. antisanta

MOT

They probably wouldn't pull it up on an MOT anyway, remember an MOT is to check the car is road worthy, not 100% perfect :). My Astra used to knock when going over bumpy surfaces - turned out to be drop links which incidently was pointed out on an MOT!
  24. antisanta

Is it worth it

I know a lad with a k20 running over 260bhp and the engines done over 200k miles. I wouldn't let the milage put you off mate.
  25. antisanta

Stone's Fast Road/ Track EP3 Type R

Really nice thread mate, glad you've kept the car! Its looking really nice for a 130k+ CTR :) Also, looks like I've found what alloys I want, although not sure how they would sit on a SS CTR.. Photoshop!
  26. antisanta

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Really nice that mate, bet you can't wait 'till the end of the month! Enjoy! :). Wanted a Scooby since I was a 'lil lad! P1 though ;)
  27. antisanta

So a small update, I finally got round to replacing my tires last week. Picked up 4x Goodyear Eagle Asym2 for £85 a corner from Camskill and the difference is handling between old federals and new is night and day. Thanks to you all on here for your recommendations. Went for a drive to see...
  28. antisanta

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

Going to sign myself up to this also. Very interested in tuition and will be getting some DS2500s soon along with FRSU :)
  29. antisanta

My Satin Silver Type R.....

I like that, different, but really nice. ..Satin best colour! :D
  30. antisanta

rjkoneill's Cosmic Grey EP3 Civic Type R - Plenty of Pics and Vids

Nice write up and one that will be of use in the future, for now though, I can't justify spending £170 per corner! So I'm replacing my Federal SS595's (pro tyre idd) with Goodyear F1 Asym 2's - about to order them now actually ;D. Had budgets on since I bought the car around 2 months ago and...
  31. antisanta

rjkoneill's Cosmic Grey EP3 Civic Type R - Plenty of Pics and Vids

Made for a nice read. You seem to be enjoying the car! :) Is there much of a difference between the RE050s and the AD08's? How are they in the wet? :o
  32. antisanta

After wax washing..

Bit a bump but I just bought some Dojo juice red mist tropical and after all the reviews I've read of it I'm excited to try it! I've been reading more and more that sealants are best for silver cars with a wax to be added on top to protect the finish. Finally, I plan on adding the Dojo juice...
  33. antisanta

New car as the S2000 went for mortgage deposit...Alfa 147 GTA

Don't want to like it but I totally do! Very nice car mate.
  34. antisanta

What do you guys think?

From what I read/hear its bearable but a bit droney on motorways etc. I think it only gets really loud if you get a header as well. I think for a used KPro and a map you're looking near £1k, you can get a K100 for a lot less though and which does pretty much the same thing. There are countless...
  35. antisanta

What do you guys think?

I think you have nothing to worry about in terms of your small issues, it sounds to me like the characterstics of the car. I too was paranoid about the clutch and box when I got it but honestly it's nothing to worry about IMO. As for the mods, I probably wouldn't bother with the discs unless...
  36. antisanta

My FD2

What an awesome car. :D
  37. antisanta

Took a trip to Total Tinting in Bromborough today. They did a top job and I can't recommend them enough! Very thorough and excellent result. http://www.totaltinting.co.uk/ Also asked them to put my sticker on as I was paranoid about ****ing it up :D That's all I'm doing to the car...
  38. antisanta

Yeah it only works from a PC mate. Think it's because of the music in the background. It's not my video so I don't know how to change it.
  39. antisanta

24 hours and 13" of snow later.. Also a video from our North Wales meet :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdSUW4NO85c
  40. antisanta

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Stickers arrived yday mate! Much appreciated! Will get them on when its decent weather.. snow tomorrow, dafuq.
  41. antisanta

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Sending payment over for 1x "EP3" external sticker! :) Also, I'm looking at getting my windows film tinted soon, shall I wait to put these stickers on? Probably a blond question but safe than sorry ;) Thanks, Brian
  42. antisanta

AEM CAI 'Hydro-locking' - engine side effects?

Some mixed responses here, as always. For a prospective buyer then.. the AEM is a really nice intake, but comes with risks, and if you can afford it, go for the GruppeM. As I'm looking to buy in the next few months it made for a good read.
  43. antisanta

is this right ?

That seems low.. I put £50 in on the weekend, was about 3/4 full and gave the car hell all day (many laps of the Evo ;)) and I got over 200 miles.
  44. antisanta

RichG Satin Silver Premier EP3 Project

Haha did you come from the likes of an Evo though? My previous car was a boat so the CTR is awesome in comparison!
  45. antisanta

I've heard nothing but good things about the FRSU + Springs. I'm going to wait a couple of months before doing it though, I've only had the car 3 weeks, going to wait until I'm more used to the handling before getting the FRSU so I can notice the difference. It looks a really nice ride height...
  46. antisanta

Loving it with FRSU! I'll be getting that on my SS soon! :)
  47. antisanta

Itb's (ep3)

Popcorn, anyone? nomnom
  48. antisanta

Few picks from the welsh tour on the 9th organised by Goldie John. Some of the pics are from the facebook group so I can't take all the compliments :P. We went from Abergele through the Conwy tunnels to Bangor, then down the A5 to Betws-y-coed followed by a few laps of the...
  49. antisanta

Good choice on the satin silver! Nice collection of past cars too! Especially the Evo :D Your missus...rs 200 looks tidy too aha.
  50. antisanta

My First EP3 Type R! More Photos

Felt a lump in my throat when I saw the pics of the alloys and the center console!! Hope you get it sorted though, look forward to seeing the finished result.
  51. antisanta

EP3 Civic 30th Anniversary Edition - Professional Detail/New Pics 02/03

Mate, that is clean as ****. Verrrrrry nice!
  52. antisanta

KPRO or K100???

I've not been a member here for that long and even I know that this has been covered to death. A simple search will answer your question :)
  53. antisanta

After wax washing..

haha mine too mate! I have seen them looking out their windows watching me do it and coming out to comment on how it's too cold at the moment to be cleaning cars! Which, to be honest, I agree with aha. I can't feel my hands after its been washed. I'll have a look into it mate and see if it's...
  54. antisanta

Work was a mare today man, my back and legs are aching lmao. Need to get back on the mountain bike I reckon! I feel unfit. Defo worth it though!
  55. antisanta

Thanks guys! Made up with it to be honest, just hoping it retains its shine next weekend for the welsh tour :). Can't wait to get some proper pics with a DSLR!
  56. antisanta

As it was a nice day and I was up early I took the opportunity to give my car a massive clean with all my new toys! It went along the lines of; Cleaned the wheels with Bilberry wheel cleaner and the EZ detail brush, Gave the car a wash followed up with drying off with water with a mix of...
  57. antisanta

After wax washing..

Pics will be on my thread (see sig!) It turned in to a dull day weather wise so pics are a bit ****, took me 6 hours all in all.. christ. Yeah I had planned to do a wash/dry/quick detail or I might try the Autoglym Diles suggested. I'm made up with how it looks after all my hard work, I...
  58. antisanta

After wax washing..

I bought poor boys white diamond glaze as I read it can act as a polish too, so I'll be applying that before the wax. Thanks for the clarification about washing it in weeks to come, could I throw a quick detailed on it as well? I've just finished claying as I write this, I'll give it a rinse...
  59. antisanta

After wax washing..

Right guys so I spent an arm and a leg on cleanyourcar.co.uk and today due to the nice weather I'm going to undertake a pretty hefty wash on the EP3! The plan is to wash, dry, clay, glaze, wax, my question is though, whats the best way to wash it in weeks to come? Just wash and dry until the...
  60. antisanta

My First EP3 Type R! More Photos

best colour! and welcome :)
  61. antisanta

What Grade Oil is Best???

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1146-silkolene-pro-s-5w-40-ester-synthetic-oil-for-high-performance-engines.aspx I just bought some of this. Seems to be decent stuff!
  62. antisanta

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=1146&SEName=silkolene-pro-s-5w-40-ester-synthetic-oil-for-high-performance-engines Just bought me some of this, not cheap is it! Gonna get some cleaning stuff too. Any recommendations for Satin Silver...
  63. antisanta

Yeah it was in Fast Car this month, 500+ bhp daily, not bad for some eh! It was my first time to TDI North, was fun. Got to chat with people about cars for hours without being told to shut up (GF) or seeing puzzled faces (mates) haha. He did say I didn't have enough power though! dropping...
  64. antisanta

Track ep3 type r brake pads

Ferodo DS2500's seem to be the pad of choice.
  65. antisanta

brownys milano fn2 progress thread :) 30mm springs now on!

sits really nice mate :) nice plans too!
  66. antisanta

Yeah I'm going to try Loggerheads in the week! Went to TDI North today regarding my gearbox issues. The diagnosis was.. nothing to worry about :D! Massive weight off my shoulders to be honest. Got some photies while I was there.. There was also a Mugen FN2 that has made an appearance in...
  67. antisanta

EP3 tyre advice needed

@dotty, They are 595 SUPER STEEL! presumably not the same as RSR? Got excited then!
  68. antisanta

Aha yes it is! Nipple hill haha. I had planned to get some decent shots of the decent, but I failed. It was too busy, full of old men with hiking sticks.
  69. antisanta

EP3 tyre advice needed

I'm currently rocking Federals thanks to the prev. owner. I think they're a budget Tyre and I want rid of them! Can't find the Eagle F1's for the EP3 on Blackcircles or Camskill so I'm guessing RE050's would be a good alternative?
  70. antisanta

Fair do's! No problems changing gear, or getting into gear. TBH the sound of the marble-like problem isn't even that bad, the whining is irritating as **** though.
  71. antisanta

Yeah they mentioned that on the phone dotty. Would the whining be related? It's pitch increases with RPM, even when stationary. Seems a bit crap for a 50k car to need a new box, my previous Astra had been to the moon (130k) on it's original box and clutch! Oh well, will find out tomorrow for sure.
  72. antisanta

Thanks mate. I keep hoping its nothing, but it's starting to get annoying, the whining predominantly :( it sounds like a supercharger but in a bad way! And then I have a noise that sounds similar to that of a marble in a plastic box, when I press the clutch in, it goes away :(. The lads @ TDI...
  73. antisanta

As promised.. photos! Gave her a proper clean today, full polish etc, really happy with the outcome! Went for a drive to our local mountain (hill) to get some shots but crap weather and it was busy so i'd look a bell standing there taking photos of my car aha. Used the camera on my phone...
  74. antisanta

Picked the car up yesterday, haven't really ventured on to the forums since as I've been busy loving it! haha :D Had a few niggles which I think is just me being overly paranoid. The car has a whine when you press the gas, regardless of gear, I've since learned that this is just the timing...
  75. antisanta

Ep3 to Thurlby 888 Astra CDTi ?

You have to do a **** tonne of miles to really see a difference when buying a diesel to replace a petrol IMO with the outlay of the new car (the 888's are far from cheap) and the extra cost of diesel. And as Stoo said, the EGR valve and swirl flaps can be an expensive fix. I've heard the 330d...
  76. antisanta

Waiting for this lot to arrive

Heh exactly the setup I'm after. Let us know how much of an improvement there is! :D
  77. antisanta

Yeah think I'll do that. Chances of me getting mods done before Japfest is minimal to be honest plus I'd like to get the Eibachs and FRSU done first. But that gives me a few months to save some wedge before a possible venture to JAE :)
  78. antisanta

They okay to use with OEM discs? Should I be going for just front? If so, any reason why one shouldn't go for DS2500s all round? Shopping list is getting bigger :( Can see myself becoming well acquainted with tdi-north!!
  79. antisanta

Been reading various forums since I got back from work about mods and yeah.. I probably won't keep it standard aha. I'm planning on going Japfest hopefully with some track time, and I'm presuming in standard guise my brakes will be goosed? So have been looking at DS2500 pads but I'm thinking...
  80. antisanta

Haha we will see! I will get a FRSU for sure but anything after that.. we will have to wait and see! I do plan on keeping It a while so the mileage is a plus. Can't waittttttttt!!!!!
  81. antisanta

Thanks guys! Yeah roll on Wednesday! Asking my parents for a lift to work isn't cool :/ haha Been eyeing up buddy club alloys today.. temptation is there but I want to keep it as standard as possible.. maybe.
  82. antisanta

I used to have a Mk4 Astra SRi, decent enough car, no real problems since owning it. 130k and original clutch and box :D! But here is my new baby.. an immaculate 04 EP3 with 50k miles and full Honda History! Since Japfest and generally spending too much time on forums my plans have changed...
  83. antisanta

Probably worth locking as I made a new thread!

By the way, it might be worth me starting a new thread when I get it as this has a bit of an overall negative tone haha!:) Good advise for future buyers though.
  84. antisanta

Thanks for the replies guys and I appreciate the advise. We managed to come to a deal so I'm happier now. Maybe paid a bit over the odds even now but YOLO! Haha na I'm hoping it will be a good buy. At least I'm a soon to be type R owner now anyway haha! I wasn't blinded by love for the car and...
  85. antisanta

I think its only over priced by £500 to be honest after looking around for days. Trade that is, private is cheaper. I guess if I plan on keeping it for a while then I wouldn't really care that much. I suppose putting 1.5k down is better than lending another k and getting interest on that.
  86. antisanta

Phoned him up, he's not budging on price and has someone coming to look at it this afternoon so I need to make my mind up. He said its an issue with the age if the car not with how much its worth. I feel like I'm backed up in a corner cause I've already had my file searched so its effected my...
  87. antisanta

Perhaps its a silver thing! Haha. I didn't mind paying the 6k for it as its very clean but then when a finance company refuse to pay the total amount it has set some alarm bells off! Does this happen often? I'm going to phone him and say I'll give you 5500 and see what he says, I'm not really a...
  88. antisanta

Well, crap. Thanks for the quick response. I'm going to be without a car after today so I don't know what to do. I feel like my credit file has already been bombarded by credit searches which makes me warey of looking elsewhere. I saw an EK9 for 6k that will probably hold its value a lot more!
  89. antisanta

Yeah it was me the other day mate. I think I was asking if it was overpriced? Haha The plot has now thickened.. the dealer phoned me up and said he could only get HP up to 4.5k for it.. but didn't really explain why. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking because its not worth 6k and the lender...
  90. antisanta

After a long time searching and test driving different cars from the Clio 197 to the Focus ST I've finally (almost) got my first Honda! It's gearbox was one of the selling points to be honest, it's brilliant. I say almost, I'm just waiting to get the finance sorted but all going well I will be...
  91. antisanta

Saw this..

6 months on and i'm still looking! Going to see this again tomorrow, went for a drive the other day, want to see it again before I commit :)... http://www.greenwingmotors.co.uk/honda-civic-2.0-i-vtec-type-r-hatchback-in-knutsford-cheshire-2629628 Looked immaculate on first viewing, full...
  92. antisanta

New Job, new car.... Decisions, decisions.

DC5! They're hardly slow. Makes for a good A-B daily, a great car for b roads, an awesome car for track days.. I haven't got one.. yet. But you can tell I have a soft spot :) Having said that.. i'd have an Evo 8/9 if I could afford it.
  93. antisanta

My New Mugen

Awesome.
  94. antisanta

sold the type r,got a new project

Ive got an SRi with a GSi prodrive kit, looks really nice tbh. (pretty much identicle to yours;)). I was playing with the idea of getting a GSi to replace my SRi before settling on a CTR. Loads of room for more power just be careful with the turbos, the engine is strong, the turbos are not...
  95. antisanta

Insurance Question

Best lube up mate! I'llbe getting my ep3 this year after waiting 4 years for my ncb to grow and make the civic affordable. Im not sure paying upwards of 3k a year on insurance is worth it unless money is an non issue!
  96. antisanta

Civic Type R - FN2 or EP3 ?

FRSU - fast road set up. Basically allowing the car to handle as it should by fitting and adjusting camber bolts and arms. You can also have it lowered at the same time. TDi north get a lot of love on here. HTH
  97. antisanta

It's annoying, I haven't exactly got a slow car currently (Astra G SRi), but even when I ring up to arrange a drive they don't allow it. Might try a different dealer. I really want to see for myself what they are like before buying without ****ing a private seller off. Don't mean to hijack...
  98. antisanta

Nope, said I have to be 25, despite the 4 years exp and 4 years NCB. The dealer offered to take me for a spin, but I didn't bother. Had a VX dealer take me out in a VXR, while it was fun, it's not quite the same as driving it yourself.
  99. antisanta

I've not driven either, (not allowed to test drive one at a dealer cause i'm not 25.. FOAD!) but i've ummed and arrghed about which to get for what seems like years, i'll be sure about an EP3 and then i'll see a progress thread for a FN2 (Loxy;)) and then i'll change my mind again but I always...
Back