• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. carld

How do you clean your end ?

Britemax twins for me.
  2. carld

Best wax for cosmic grey ?

Certain waxes are designed to bring certain colours out, i used bouncers capture the rapture on my cosmic grey, as it brought out the flakes in the paint. I had tried autofinesse and dodo juice but didnt get the same affect.
  3. carld

A basic guide to foaming.

Yes buddy, my karcher is a standard high pressure washer, thats were you probably having the issue. And it comes out just like on the link, nice and thick,.
  4. carld

Best wax for cosmic grey ?

Try bouncers capture the rapture.
  5. carld

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=196592 This is where i got mine, hope this helps.
  6. carld

What snow foam lance do you have, for instance mine is from autobrite
  7. carld

Sidelights not working

I would get a hid kit if i was using the car much, but ive read some bad reports on them and people going back to using the standard set up, so i thought id look at the super white xenon bulbs, just a cheap way. But as i say is 100w too much
  8. carld

Sidelights not working

I purchased 2 501 led lights and they do look good, thanks for the step by step guide cabby tramp. Im now going to change the headlight bulbs, but ive seen a guy on you tube (tech tuners) who fits 100w super white xenon bulbs, but will these cause any significant heat or damage to my wiring...
  9. carld

oil change service at honda dealer,how much?

I had mine done at tdi north, very good and reasonable.
  10. carld

Undersealing

+2 on this.
  11. carld

Led side lights.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, regarding led sidelights. Are they any good or a gimmick. Cheers carl
  12. carld

Sidelights not working

I have checked the fuse and its fine, so i will get some new bulbs, but i was thinking of swapping to led bulbs for both front side lamps and rear number plate lights, any thoughts. Cheers carl.
  13. carld

Sidelights not working

Cheers mate, will check them in work tomorrow, was looking at changing the to t10 led's also. Any thoughts ?
  14. carld

Sidelights not working

Just a quick one, just been out and when I turned my side lights on I didn't see any light coming from the front, the rear lights and number plate lights work and full beam, but no sidelights. Is it uncommon for both to go, or has anyone had this issue before, any advice and guidance...
  15. carld

underbody sealing

Hi all,Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but here goes. Has anybody undersealed there car or waxoiled it. Not sure what protection if any the underbody has,any guidance would be appreciated.thanks carl.
  16. carld

Red seat belts

Thanks mate, that sounds good. Let me know how you get on. Cheers carl
  17. carld

Red seat belts

Ok, I will order some and hold on until you have finished your passenger side.
  18. carld

Red seat belts

Just out of interest, and tell me if its a stupid question. What if you could source red seatbelts from another car is that possible also.
  19. carld

Red seat belts

Thanks for the update mate, i will look at trying to source some seat belts and follow your thread on how you have done yours. thanks again carl.
  20. carld

Red seat belts

Thanks mate, I will keep an eye out for your updates and any pics would be great. Good luck. Carl
  21. carld

Red seat belts

Not sure if this has been covered before, but im thinking of changing my seat belts for red ones, not sure if this is possible and if so, can anyone advise me where and how i can do it please. Cheers carl
  22. carld

Tyre Pressures for 215/45 17s?

Off to Devon in the morning, so with a full boot what pressures should I be looking at
  23. carld

idle speed

Thanks mate. Better not let the wife drive it. Big smiles.haha
  24. carld

idle speed

Cheers Loxy, so its ok left as it is and.isn't going to cause any issues.
  25. carld

idle speed

Yes mate, they put the stronger inserts in and two have told me that's what the vibration is.
  26. carld

In the bottle that is attached to your lance, I put no more than 2 inch of snowfoam and top up with warm water. And my dial is set to where it is fully clockwise position with the least amount of water coming through and it's nice and thick, don't forget DO NOT rinse the car first otherwise the...
  27. carld

idle speed

Hi all, I've just had the valve clearences and front engine mount bushes done, and a full service by the good ads at Tdi north. But the idle speed has dropped just below 1000 rpm causing a vibration when static, any ideas how this can be resolved.
  28. carld

strange noise

Found the noise to be the heat shield around the cat had split, the good lads at Tdi north have sorted this. Car sounds great again.
  29. carld

strange noise

Just been to tdi north, and they have found the front engine mounts have gone, and this could be causing the exhaust to rattle underneath, will let you know what the issue is.
  30. carld

strange noise

Should I do this on all wheels. Has this happened to anyone else.
  31. carld

strange noise

Possibly a vibration type of noise, but I've tried checking the heat shields and so on, but can't find anything loose. As I say when I'm turning a slight left hand bend and the car rolls and weight is transfered it makse the noise then. And when I put it into reverse again, however when I start...
  32. carld

strange noise

Hi, I'm having this strange noise, when I turn right there is no sound, but if I turn left it sounds like.something is catching. Also when I put my car in reverse and move again there is a strange noise. Doesn't happen when I go foruward. Any ideas
  33. carld

Intermitant noise on idle.

Thanks mate.
  34. carld

Will have a look and see if i can find anything loose, what should i be looking out for besides the obvious.
  35. carld

Hi all, my car has developed a knocking noise on the odd occasion when you come to a halt, it sounds like a bag of spanners, when you rev it a little you can hear a rattle, but when you pull of and drive there isnt an issue. Also it sounds a little loud when reversing if you dont add any revs. I...
  36. carld

Millers oil and filter, etc

Hi, can anyone tell me if they have used Simautoparts, they sell genuine honda parts, and they are doing a deal on oil, plus filter and sump washer for £39.99 http://www.simautoparts.com/5_Litres_Of_Millers_XFS_5w_40_Oil_And_Hamp_Or_OE_Oil_Filter_With_FREE_Sump_Washer/p689575_5878846.aspx Is...
  37. carld

02 civic type R Milano red faded... HELP!

I purchased my EP3 in January, it wasnt the cleanest but i spent a good couple of days going through it, got a friend of mine to measure the thickness of the paint and it was healthy, so i fully machine polished and it came up great.
  38. carld

02 civic type R Milano red faded... HELP!

Hope this thread helps. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306092
  39. carld

Millers Oils NANODRIVE CFS

TDI NORTH only use Millers oil , and they swear by it.
  40. carld

Any good recommended honda mechanics liverpool

The car is great, it puts a smile on my face every time. Just wish id got one a long time ago,
  41. carld

Ive only had the car since Jan, im getting the valves done and full road set up, not sure what else.
  42. carld

Thanks scott, but tdi is only 25 mins away, and it gives me a chance to give the car a run.
  43. carld

West Derby mate.
  44. carld

Took a trip to TDI north a few days ago, i have to say i was most impressed with there help and knowledge. Thanks for the recommendations gents.
  45. carld

Rubber roof strips

I use APC to clean it, then Auto finesse revive to give it the finished touch.
  46. carld

Cheers gents, i will start with the nearest.
  47. carld

Im looking at getting some work done to my car shortly, but can anyone recommend and good mechanics that they have used on there ep3, in liverpool or surrounding area. Cheers carl
  48. carld

EP3 tappety

im going to change the oil to 5w40 castrol edge first, and then do the valve clearance.
  49. carld

EP3 tappety

Thanks pal, i will have a look and see if i can do this myself.
  50. carld

EP3 tappety

No i havent, and im not sure if this has been done on any previous services.
  51. carld

EP3 tappety

Hi all, i recently serviced my 04 plate ep3, but was advised by Honda that i needed to use 5w30 oil, since ive done this ive noticed over the last week that the car sounds tappety, ive not noticed this before, however ive not listened for it, but when i put on the forum that i had put the 5w30...
  52. carld

Oil, 5w-30

Ive noticed that my engine seems abit tappety, is this due to the oil i put in the 5w30 or is there another reason for this, the car has not used any oil since i serviced it, and its now on 70125.
  53. carld

Flexing

Hi all, im not sure whether this falls under this category. But over the last week or so, when im going over speed bumps or turning in general, i keep getting a noise that sounds like the panels flexing. Has anybody had this before or can identify what the problem might be, i wasnt sure whether...
  54. carld

Oil, 5w-30

Thanks again gents, i will get that done, lucky i only put the filter back on hand tight.;)
  55. carld

Oil, 5w-30

Thanks mate, i only do on average 150 miles per week. So i will keep an eye on it for the next couple of weeks, but then i will change it with the castrol edge. Even though the oil filter is new will it be a requirement for that to be changed if it has only been on for a couple of weeks.
  56. carld

Oil, 5w-30

Cheers Loxy, is it worth draining and replacing with 5w-40, or just run it for the time being.
  57. carld

oil filter removal tool.

Tried the filter and it was hand tight, so ive only put it back hand tight, thanks guys for the help.
  58. carld

New to the forum- my ep3

Hi and welcome, i do like the colour, its very unique and stands out. And thats what i like.
  59. carld

Oil, 5w-30

Hi all, i serviced my ep3 yesterday as it was the first time i had done it since owning the car for a month and a half, however i went to honda and asked them what spec oil was required. I was informed it was 5w-30, so i purchased the oil and done the service. But now after looking at the...
  60. carld

oil filter removal tool.

As its the first service i will be doing,as ive only had the car a month and a half, didnt know what was the best course of action.And didnt want to damage the old filter causing oil to spill under the engine. Think i will order the one from tegiwa, as im going to be keeping the car for some...
  61. carld

oil filter removal tool.

Hi all, im about to service my ep3, but im wandering if anyone knows where the best place to get an oil filter remova tool from, the one that pushes onto the rear of the filter. Ive seen them on the tegiwa site. cheers carl.
  62. carld

What do you use to clean your engine bay?

I use APC with a soft brush, let it dwell for a few minutes then power wash it down and when its dry spray a coat of G303 aerospace over.
  63. carld

All Cleaned Waxed And Looking Fantastic!

I paid £22 for a 5l chemical guys snow foam as i already have the lance from detailing world. Or if you have a Karcher pressure washer you can buy a snow foam lance with bottle and 5l of snow foam for £40 ish.
  64. carld

-vtec at what rpm.

Cheers Dotty, yes its standard and runs fine, just thought id ask the question. Thanks for the advice.
  65. carld

-vtec at what rpm.

So is it fair to say, that im better to get it remapped.
  66. carld

-vtec at what rpm.

Evening everyone, im sorry if this has been covered before, but i couldnt find the thread, im just trying to find out when the vtec kicks in, and how will i know. Sorry if thats sounds stupid but this is a new car for me, and i was on the motorway coming home before and its the first time i have...
  67. carld

Vtec engagement problem ep3 k20a

How much was the cam chain to be done.
  68. carld

Battery ep3

Hi, bit of a strange one, but i havent used my car since sunday, and went to take the children the park whilst there off, only to find the car was flat. Got my jump leads and a neighbour gave me a jump start, and no issues, ive used it this morning and no problems. Anybody had this happen before.
  69. carld

Tegiwa Engine Damper

Send me a pm with cost. cheers carl
  70. carld

Tegiwa Engine Damper

I will get one in the next couple of weeks, best place to get one from and is it ok to buy a 2nd hand one.
  71. carld

Tegiwa Engine Damper

What are they going for.
  72. carld

Tegiwa Engine Damper

If they are worth having, then i will have to invest in one. Cheers
  73. carld

Tegiwa Engine Damper

Hello mate, ive been looking at the engine damper for my ep3, can you tell me a little about its use, and are they essential. Cheers carl.
  74. carld

Genuine Honda Mudflaps

Can anyone tell me if you can get genuine mud flaps, for my ep3 04 plate.
  75. carld

Tyre Shine?

i Used to use Meguiars tyre gel, then switched to Autofinesse satin, it looked great but faded very easy, i am now using Espuma RD50 and it is very good, but i think its each to there own.
  76. carld

I have a Karcher pw, but i bought my snow foam lance from Autobrite direct, which came with 5L of snowfoam, which im nearly through with and im going to try, Autofinesse Avalanche as it has a citrus based additive in with it, so no need to prewash first.
  77. carld

iPod connectors

I appreciate the help.
  78. carld

iPod connectors

Thanks mate, any ideas were i can purchase the items required.
  79. carld

iPod connectors

Can i still have the same system ***.
  80. carld

iPod connectors

I have the standard radio, i have tried the transmitter that fits under my ipod, but im always loosing the vonnection and getting a poor sound.
  81. carld

iPod connectors

I have an 04 plate, with aux on the cd player, what does this mean, as im wanting to use my ipod.
Back