• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

EP3 6 year service - on 50k at moment

If I was you I would buy the plugs seperately and just get Honda to fit them. Stealers rip you off should save you some money.
  2. M

Creaking noise from Steering!?

I got quoted £1400 when my steering rack was done a couple of years ago, luckily still had 2 weeks left on the warranty and got it done for nothing. :cool:
  3. M

DC5 Gear Knobs!!

http://www.inlinefour.com/rsstainsteel.html here you go
  4. M

JDM Red mats?

Theres a couple of sets on ebay at the minute one of which look in very good nick £90 start http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/jdm-mats-ep3-civic-type-R-/160551893616?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2561a37a70
  5. M

Insurance renewal quote

Just got my renewal quote through today from Lloyds TSB been with them 3 years since I purchased CTR got it at 23 with 3 years no claims paid £800 fully comp first year then £650 and last year £500. I am now 26 (27 in Feb) 6 years no claims and renewal quote is £1100 WTF more than I paid at...
  6. M

DC5 Pedals?

Keep an eye on ebay I got the full set in very good condition for £35 delivered a couple of months ago.
  7. M

FN2 warranty claim valid?

What has happened with your car JMR have you got it sorted
  8. M

knock sound while doing 3 point turn :s

I think you will be better off removing the wheel for what it's worth I doubt you will be able to get at them properly with the wheel still on but yeah just get a spanner and make sure they are tight as mine was only slightly loose but it made a loud knock when turning.
  9. M

knock sound while doing 3 point turn :s

I had a similar noise to what you described and it was just the anti roll bar link rod was loose so just check they're tight.
  10. M

Service cost

It's 25,000 or every 2 years (although it's probably not really necessary) mine was last done at 25,000 but that was about 4 years ago and I only do 3,500 miles a year so it's unlikely i'll get to 50,000 while I still have the car so I figured I may as well get it done this year.
  11. M

Service cost

I'm pretty sure valve clearance should be done every 25,000 miles or every 2 years. I'm happy to get it done at mansfield now JMR as I can go into town and do some xmas shopping while I wait. :)
  12. M

Service cost

I got them to list what they were going to do and it was exactly the same as Grantham Honda and I double checked it included the valve adjustment as when they listed it they just said 'valve clearance check' so I thought they might just check it for that price and charge me extra if they...
  13. M

Service cost

My 52 plate CTR is due it's service this month it has 40800 miles on the clock and Grantham Honda (where I had service done last year) rang and quoted me £310 including valve clearance adjustment but before booking in I thought i'd ring round and see if anywhere else was cheaper, so I rang...
  14. M

Anti roll arm link rod

Changed the front pads today and noticed the anti roll arm link rod on the drivers side was broke. Found one on ebay for civic 01-07 but it doesn't say whether they are the same for all models. Does anyone know if the type r differs at all from standard civic ones or are they the same cheers :)
  15. M

stolen ariel!!!

This happened to me before I scraped a grooved in with a knife and then used a screwdriver to turn it
  16. M

Fitting Double DIN - security?

Yes I acknowledged in my last post that I was aware of that
  17. M

They won't know that though until they've smashed your window got in and attempted to remove it
  18. M

Yeah it is but it does say ''This item is a Geunine Honda Part. Is a faux carbon fiber piece that covers your dual din stero. '' so figured it would cover the stereo as well. Maybe a bit misleading
  19. M

http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yahoo.net/ciep3tyr02.html Have a look here fourth row down it says it is off a 98 spec DC2 but it is in the EP3 section so don't know if it will fit
  20. M

gloss black wheels

Mine aren't gloss black more of a charcoal colour but will give you an idea of how they look http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=55828&page=2
  21. M

bulbs

I fitted some of these yesterday along with some silver indicator bulbs. They look good but they make the main headlight bulbs look very yellow now so need to replace them with some xenons. Seen some osram knightbreakers on fleabay for 14.99 are they any good.
  22. M

New look forum graphics

Cheers
  23. M

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Hi Mook can I get a pair of old style R external fitment please. I've sent payment. Ta :D
  24. M

New look forum graphics

Hi Mook can I get a pair of old style R external fitment please. I've sent payment. Ta :D
  25. M

Which Type R should I get?

Thats on a CAT D so it is too good to be true
  26. M

I'd have some of these if you do make them up
  27. M

New look forum graphics

I'd have some of these if you do make them up
  28. M

Honda Happiness Warranty renewal

That is good what dealer do you use
  29. M

Me too. Is there any chance of any being made up in similar style but with EP3/DC5 style R.
  30. M

New look forum graphics

Me too. Is there any chance of any being made up in similar style but with EP3/DC5 style R.
  31. M

Milano EP3

Had wheels done what do you think? Thinking about getting windows tinted next but not sure yet :D
  32. M

Milano EP3

Thanks for the comments, forgot to say wheels are booked in for refurb in anthracite next weekend too:D
  33. M

Milano EP3

Finally got round to painting my calipers at the weekend. i was unsure of doing them red on a milano but glad I did now. What do you think
  34. M

reservoir covers

You can get black skunk 2 ones US ebay
  35. M

CTR alloys - refurbished and sealed...

really like them mate they look :cool: refurb is next on my to do list will get it done next month I think
  36. M

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

Alright thanks for the advice
  37. M

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

How easy are these to use looking at buying a polisher but dont really want to shell out for a pc or a megs. Are they ok for a beginner
  38. M

Milano EP3

Made a few additions jdm mats and a few type r branded bits:cool:
  39. M

Red JDM mats in Black/Grey interior?

i read on unit 8 the JDM mats are being dicontinued anyone know if this is true
  40. M

Steering rack

Thats how mine started but seemed to get worse very quickly. Had it done yesterday anyway, I've only taken it for quick drive around the block but noise has gone and steering wheel feels tighter too
  41. M

Internal heater fan... not working!

Yeah I know does say heater fan though so didn't know whether hes getting no air at all or just no hot air
  42. M

Steering rack

Yeah I know warranty expires on wednesday as well, so glad I noticed it when I did
  43. M

Steering rack

It's being done on thursday under warranty at stratstone honda in mansfield
  44. M

Internal heater fan... not working!

Could be heater matrix
  45. M

Steering rack

You could be right all I know is what I've been told Honda did put on the diagnostic sheet knocking/creaking noise caused by play in steering rack though
  46. M

Steering rack

I was told mine had very slight play hence unnoticeable when driving but if it was left it would gradually get worse and worse until it was noticeable and wouldn't pass an mot
  47. M

Steering rack

Its not noticeable to the driver. When I noticed the noise from mine I had mot the next day and they told me there was play in the rack so then I took it to Honda.
  48. M

Steering rack

With the problem with the rack you get play in the steering as well, the noise is not the only symptom WD40 will just be hiding the problem not curing it
  49. M

Steering rack

They're are covering it, claim has been processed and they've ordered parts
  50. M

Steering rack

Noticed a creaking noise coming from end when steering on friday so took it to garage on monday. Need new steering rack £1400 fitted :eek: thank fook still got 2 weeks left on warranty:cool:
  51. M

Someone must do seat covers for TYPE R EP3, Non Recaro?

Here you go mate naff pictures but you get the gist
  52. M

Someone must do seat covers for TYPE R EP3, Non Recaro?

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=625&type=a&appgrpid=&appid=&rid=60 I have these ones mate they fit very well was advised by capital seating the type r seats are based on the profile of the Recaro Sport seat. Will take some pics tonight so you can what they look like
  53. M

Milano EP3

Thanks for the comments. I prefer the look of pre-facelift too although I may be biased. :)
  54. M

Tango'd Wheels

They look :cool: like your bonnet too
  55. M

Milano EP3

Been on here a while now and haven't posted any pics so I thought I'd post a coupl. Only mods at minute are JDM sills but I plan to get JDM mats, DC5 pedals and the wheels refurbed anthracite when I've got some spare pennies:D
  56. M

Servicing recommendations - East Mids/East Anglia

Had service there last week with no problems cost £250 for 75 month service without spark plug change.
  57. M

Light case/Complete new light?

Who cares your mate will be paying surely?
  58. M

Customised richbrook goodies

http://www.gsmart.co.uk/index.asp?page=catalogue.asp&cat=interior&catvar=intair&pageno=5 I was looking for a tax disk holder for the CTR and came across this website they customise accessories with car logos I've just ordered a carbon fibre poppy coral air freshener with CTR logo and tax disk...
  59. M

seat covers (ep3)

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productlist.asp?type=a&view=range&rid=60 Try here they do ones specifically for Tegs and the FN2 but not EP3. You need either the one made for recaro speedline or recaro sport for EP3 cant remember which now but EP3 seat is based on the profile of one of them so...
  60. M

Storing a car

There is advice in the manual above storing for long periods it should tell you everything you need to know
  61. M

Stereo Not Working!?!?

your radio code should be in your manual/service folder I think its on a little metal tag inside a pocket on the cover you need to input whenever the battery is disconnected
  62. M

seat covers (ep3)

I've got some from capital seating that are cut to fit the seats properly pricy though cost me £95 for two
  63. M

Centre Caps - How much? Alternatives to Honda?

They have some on Ebay £7.50 each
Back