• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. hothatch

Enzo's Daily 2005 Facelift Civic EP3 Type R Premier Edition - Cosmic Grey

My headlights are letting the front down too (yellowing). I assume that price you’ve found for headlights is Non genuine ones? Think genuine ones I’ve seen are about £160 each.
  2. hothatch

EP3 - EML PO172

Would like to pinpoint the issue but get lots of possibilities when looking up code. can anybody shed some light? Car is an EP3
  3. hothatch

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Nice work mate.looks really good. I’ve been planning on booking mine into Motion Motorsport For full underbody treatment. Hopefully next year. I just hope the rust is nothing too serious. Mine is an 04.
  4. hothatch

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

Nice car mate. Yeah I follow Danny. Your DC2 is looking much better than his right now
  5. hothatch

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Looks great mate. Some serious effort gone into this with rust treatment etc. Mine has been locked away in the garage for 8 weeks due to lockdown. Might be time to bring it out into daylight:D
  6. hothatch

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Nice work mate. Looks good.
  7. hothatch

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Nice car mate. I came across after replying to Nidge’s thread about rear arch rust. You must have felt crap finding that mate. They have done a good job on the repair and at least you know that area is good for the foreseeable. After looking at both you guys threads I realise Iam going to have...
  8. hothatch

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Your doing a great job there Nidge. Why does that area around the speakers rust? It’s internal so no exposed I would’ve thought. I have done the carpet removal but not the skirts or rear interior. Mines an 04 and I removed carpets a couple of years ago , cleaned and sealed everything. I was...
  9. hothatch

The Accord looks ok for the price. Ideal as the workhorse. Interested to see what’s next for your EP3.
  10. hothatch

EP3, Diamond in the rough????

Nice work so far.. Love to see a car restored to it’s former glory. Keep up the good work:smt023
  11. hothatch

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Sorry to hear this mate but at least you're getting sorted. If they give you the care you’ve been giving to your future track car recently then you’ll be ok:D
  12. hothatch

Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

Good write up mate! Enjoy your new car and getting it where you want it to be :smt023
  13. hothatch

EP3 OEM Brake caliper

Hi I need a passenger side front Brake caliper (EP3 2004).Anyone know the best place to go for a reconditioned one for a reasonable price? Cheers.
  14. hothatch

I've been doing this since I think it was you that posted it. Great idea but I still manage to lose some oil but nowhere near as much as before.
  15. hothatch

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

My Brembo discs have rusted the same way but it doesn't annoy me enough to paint them ..... yet. Good job on yours though!
  16. hothatch

NIGHTHAWK BLACK EP3 PREMIER EDITION

How much was the oem front engine mount mate and are they straightforward to replace?
  17. hothatch

New satin silver EP3 and a brief Boof car history..

Makes my blood boil this! Hope you get it sorted soon mate.
  18. hothatch

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

Really nice this Pete. I love the attention to detail and going by your past history this will look even better when up to your standards.
  19. hothatch

Gambi's 3rd R - Champ White FN2.

Toyo Proxes T1-R I think that tyre is. People say their s**t for the type R but I've never had them so would'nt know.
  20. hothatch

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

Be interested to hear more about the bonnet dampers. Cost? Easy to fit or a pain? Would like them for mine but only if they're not a ball ache to fit.
  21. hothatch

Red 2004 EP3 Build

Hi Mate Nice car. How long did the headlights take to do and how effective was the toothpaste? I need to do mine but iam not brave enough to attack them with a DA or sandpaper. Personally, not keen on the bonnet. Is it wrapped? I think a nice carbon one is the way to go if you want that look.
  22. hothatch

TG's Polished Metal - Metallic FK2 - GT

Thanks mate. Might have to get me one of those :D
  23. hothatch

TG's Polished Metal - Metallic FK2 - GT

Where did you buy the towel and how much mate? Cheapest I've seen is eBay. Massively cheaper in the states but postage would probably kill off any saving:(
  24. hothatch

Looking great mate. Good to see your enthusiasm is back after what happened with the pump. i bet your so happy you did'nt sell it now eh! I've had mine since new (2004) and the intention is to keep it for the foreseeable. We have just bought a Volvo V40 as the family car so mine only gets used...
  25. hothatch

I thought you'd got rid of this and used the mini to forget the Honda. Did you get a used engine or the old one rebuilt? I'm pleased to see it back anyway mate and hope it serves you well in the future.
  26. hothatch

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Good job mate. Looks much tidier. How have you fixed them in place?
  27. hothatch

My NHB PREM

Looks tidy that mate. Have you got spacers on the rear wheels?
  28. hothatch

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Frustrating when you've laid out a fair bit of cash Loxy to end up with issues. But early days in development and you will get it all sorted out.
  29. hothatch

My Cosmic Grey Premier Edition Type R

Loving the wheel colour. What colour are they? just had mine done but they're darker than yours.
  30. hothatch

EP3 Drivers side electric window failed

Secured the window in the up position today. Managed to put a crack in the door card due to missing a screw:( So I need a new window regulator mechanism. I was going to go aftermarket but think genuine Honda might be best except price wise. Any ideas on best prices please and secondly how much...
  31. hothatch

Looks like my Saturday is planned :( Thanks Loxy.
  32. hothatch

Thanks for the reply mate. Been doing some research on removing the door panel. Do you know if once inside the door I can manually close window and wedge it closed until I get it fixed properly?
  33. hothatch

Hi all I hope someone can give me some help. Closed my drivers side window today and as it was almost closed there was a clunk and the window went all the way back down and now does'nt work at all. Fuses are ok and I can here a whirring noise when pressing the switch so the motor is running...
  34. hothatch

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Is this not yours then Loxy?
  35. hothatch

Nice those! I assume the N77 part also means something with you having it on the mini too?
  36. hothatch

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Is the quality and fitment of the jdm deflectors that much better than your previous climairs? How much are you going to be asking for them?
  37. hothatch

1992 Honda Accord CB3 - H22a7 Conversion

Love that! Great work mate :)
  38. hothatch

Upgrade Headlight/Sidelight Bulbs

Iam staying oem look like some others. Osram ultra life 501's for the sidelights and Osram nighbreaker H1 for the headlights. Will wait until weather warms up to protect my poor hands first though :lol:
  39. hothatch

Upgrade Headlight/Sidelight Bulbs

Any tips on fitting the headlight bulbs? The passenger side one looks reasonably OK to change but the drivers side one looks a tw*t with the washer bottle in the way. Is it still doable without removing bumper etc as long as patience is used?
  40. hothatch

Question for the insurance companies

Thanks for the response guys.
  41. hothatch

Question for the insurance companies

Do I need to inform my insurer for a colour change to my standard oem alloys? Could my insurance be voided if I did'nt or is there no issue as they are the factory fit wheels? Many Thanks.
  42. hothatch

Rick did you post out the instructions for the EP3?
  43. hothatch

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Hi mate after a bit of info. The festoon bulbs you ordered x10. These are just for the 3 interior lights I assume? Do these fade / dim up and down like the oem ones do? Are they still working OK a month in? What bulbs did you get for the number plate ones? Links? Your cars coming on great by...
  44. hothatch

Ok great I was'nt sure if the kits would vary too. Rick is this kit xenon white or just standard white?
  45. hothatch

Loxy, received the kit today but Rick has sent me fitting instructions for a fiesta mk7. Also will this mean the kit is wrong (length of cables etc)?
  46. hothatch

Hi just paid via PayPal for a white kit for the EP3. Cheers
  47. hothatch

My 30th Anniversary EP3 build

Interested in this also. Is quality better than oem? Similar sound? Cheaper to buy?
  48. hothatch

I've got an R keyring like yours. Made out of titanium and bought off the other forum years back.
  49. hothatch

My CTR's

Some nice cars there mate. Looking forward to seeing this updated in a year or two with an FK2 Type R :lol:
  50. hothatch

Loxy's Type R #4

Ride height looks just right to me :smt023
  51. hothatch

S2KIP's S2000

That boy can drive :lol:
  52. hothatch

Ste's E92 M3 coupe evolve stage 2

A dirty car to you is not really a dirty car mate :lol: Only caught a glimpse as I was on the mini roundabout but the car looked sweet!
  53. hothatch

Spotted this today on Aintree Retail park. Think the Mrs may have been driving
  54. hothatch

Loxy's Type R #4

Love it! What is the badge underneath the Type R one?
  55. hothatch

Loxy's Type R #4

Great job Loxy but let's see some better pics.
  56. hothatch

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Just realised where I've been going wrong :lol::lol:
  57. hothatch

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

You read the whole thing?! Holy carp. ^^^ I'm planning on doing a bit of carp fishing this weekend...... Not sure I'd call them holy though :lol:
  58. hothatch

Loxy's Type R #4

Looks nice that mate. Do you need to ring the insurers for every minor mod like this? Or do you wait until you've done a lot and email them a list and await any increase
  59. hothatch

Clay bar epic results

Thanks mate. I'll give it a go :smt023
  60. hothatch

Clay bar epic results

Thanks mate. Is this done with the car wet or dry?
  61. hothatch

Clay bar epic results

Any advice for someone who has never used a clay bar but wants to try it? which brand? i assume it's just time consuming doing a small area at a time and then going by feel if the panel is free of contaminants? Is it ok to do it over several days as with work I very rarely have several hours at...
  62. hothatch

RichE's Sparklin' Cosmic EP3

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/ep/service-items/ngk-laser-iridium-spark-plugs-honda-k-series-f-series-ifr7g-11ks.html These are what Honda use but charge a lot more for!
  63. hothatch

EP3 central locking issue

It could be because you've drained the battery down. Give it a charge up and see if it sorts it.
  64. hothatch

Loxy's Type R #4

Nice car Loxy,looks lovely. Did you not get on with the focus mate? Been thinking of looking at one but obviously very different to a Type R. Oh and when you started this thread I thought it may of been an incoming FK2 :lol:
  65. hothatch

My Cosmic Grey Premier Edition Type R

Good job on the engine bay it was filthy:smt023
  66. hothatch

Got to agree. I prefer the look of yours 8)
  67. hothatch

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

£32 for a bit of rubber :( Try heating it up with a hair dryer and you may be able to mould it back into place.
  68. hothatch

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

Would love to see pics of it restored to former glory.
  69. hothatch

Still snowy up in Scotland? Been fine but cold down here this week:D
  70. hothatch

Are the owners there polish? I think I've had tyres fitted there in the past
  71. hothatch

Seems a shame to move it with all the slush and salt on the roads. Will be filthy in no time Car looks sweet though. Just sort out the engine bay lol.
  72. hothatch

CW UKDM DC2 - First Type-R

I agree with this. The UK car still looks good now. Not that the jdm does'nt but it does look a little dated.
  73. hothatch

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

The Rear pressures should be less than the fronts. I think more suitable would be 33psi fronts and 31psi rears. IMO of course :)
  74. hothatch

My 2001 Satin Silver EP3 CTR

Nice to see one of the earliest EP3's looking tidy. It's a shame that a lot have been bought and ruined by idiots. Looks nice that mate. You should see some nice performance gains in the future.
  75. hothatch

My Satin Silver Ep3 Type R

Keep up the good work mate. Know what you mean about the weather, hard work just trying to keep it clean. Saying that I washed mine yesterday and then put it to bed in the garage:lol:.... So nice and clean at the mo.
  76. hothatch

Looks good mate. You'll never get it EP3 clean but it all helps. what's the reason for slash cutting the exhaust?
  77. hothatch

EP3 Genuine Honda oil filter part number??

Thanks for the reply Loxy. japservice parts are doing filter and washer for £6.99 minus 15% this month but their part no is different hence the question. http://japserviceparts.co.uk/honda-genuine-oil-filter.html
  78. hothatch

EP3 Genuine Honda oil filter part number??

Can anyone confirm the part number for this. I have come across a couple with different part no's. Maybe all are suitable GENUINE HONDA OIL FILTER OEM Product SKU : 15400-PLM-A01 HONDA PART NO'S 15400-RBA-F01 Part 15400-PLM-A02 Which one or are they all fine?
  79. hothatch

Seized rear caliper, replacing & pagid discs?

i think euro car parts or carparts4less (same company) are about cheapest for pagid discs and pads.
  80. hothatch

Very true mate. Finding a decent project is the hard part. The aim is to pay little for the car and similar or less on repairs or it gets silly
  81. hothatch

Since you bought this i have found myself perusing autotrader for something similar. Just a basic old Honda to have some fun with :D
  82. hothatch

New golf mk5 GTI

Really like that mate. Have they done a good job overall? bummer over the other issues though. Iam wary where my car is left because you just know some a**e holes are going to rag it :evil:
  83. hothatch

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

Lights look great mate. Mine really need doing but havnt got the nerve in case i balls them up :lol: How did you go about it?
  84. hothatch

Phil's black stanced 30th

Nice car mate. Looks good. Seats are looking mint
  85. hothatch

New golf mk5 GTI

Looking forward to seeing this mate 8)
  86. hothatch

EP3 Facelift or not?

Both pre and facelift engines are the same. The only difference is the lighter flywheel in facelift. But to confirm which one you have would mean gearbox out:eek:
  87. hothatch

EP3 Facelift or not?

There are some 53 plate facelifts. Looks like you've found one :)
  88. hothatch

Cheapest place to get OEM discs?

Lewis did you get these bought / fitted yet? Iam looking at getting pagid discs and pads all round (about £150 from euro car parts) Like you i hate them rusting but an even bigger pet hate for me is squealing brakes. Can anyone reassure me that pagids are generally quiet and squeal free?
  89. hothatch

I would just put the silver ones on the rear for now..... Maybe set a new trend,rears silver and fronts white haha. Then when you have some free cash get all four refurbed and powdercoated in a new colour....... Or if your staying with white and your fronts are tidy you only need to pay for two...
  90. hothatch

New golf mk5 GTI

Looks nice that mate. Be interesting to see what power you make with the exhaust after mapping. Post some pictures up when you get it painted pal.
  91. hothatch

First EP3 Build So Far !!!

Good start mate. You've been busy in the last few days:lol:
  92. hothatch

Pagid discs and pads

just read your post mate.... Seems to confirm my thoughts lol
  93. hothatch

Pagid discs and pads

Writing my own little novel here lol. Went back onto euro car parts and entered lastchance30 into the discount code box. This took price down to £150. Makes me wonder if this is what they do......... Activate the discount code but up the price so the actual saving is virtually nothing. Iam...
  94. hothatch

Pagid discs and pads

currently car parts for less are still £144 , it's euro car parts that's jumped to £215. As they're the same company are the prices likely to go up on car parts for less also. Wondering if i should but the parts now even though iam not planning on changing discs/pads for a few months? Opinioms?
  95. hothatch

Pagid discs and pads

just checked online today and the price for the above is now £215.56!!!! How can they jump by so much in a few days? should i wait and see if they come back down or is that unlikely to happen?
  96. hothatch

Brake help needed please

I'd call stevie at Grinspeed and see what he suggests. I reckon you could save a lot if you got him to refurb the calliper.
  97. hothatch

My Cosmic EP3!! My Second Type R

Sorry to hear that mate. update this thread with your new wheels when they arrive.
  98. hothatch

Pagid discs and pads

Just tried that but no luck. The only one working at the moment is save5 for 5% discount. How often is the Lastchance30 one active? I don't want to buy them only to miss out on 30% off.
  99. hothatch

Formula1 Autocentre quote £467 for brakes

That's exactly what iam doing mate. I've been told on here that pagid are decent quality and work out half the price of oem parts. I think your quote of around £220 all in is realistic. Certainly would'nt be spending nearly £500!!
  100. hothatch

How much engine oil?

Did mine last week and put in the full 5 litre can. This showed on the dipstick as halfway between min and max. Left it overnight and checked it again.... It now sits just slightly over the max dot. Always worth leaving it overnight to get an accurate reading as overfilling is'nt good.
Back