• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. fonejacker

noise when pulling away

Keith=absolute willly smoker
  2. fonejacker

Oil questions and recommendations here

Far from it actually! It was slightly overfilled at Service from Honda, although not alot over the max, so shouldnt be a concern... Its now at max... But hasnt moved a huge deal
  3. fonejacker

Cool, although my oil (since September) just isn't going down as fast as usual, any reason do you think? It's still at max, and I'm only 5 months away for another service? It's just not budging..
  4. fonejacker

Okay let me rephrase... What's the best for performance...
  5. fonejacker

What's the best oil for CTR fn2? Best for performance/everyday driving
  6. fonejacker

Hondata Group N ECU for fn2

Thank you jermal and Loxy for your help there, really apprecaitive. Well i've brought the milltek exhaust but little unsure about buying this piece of kit? I'm not overly massive on mods, a little va-va-voom is all I am after.. Maybe the exhaust is enough for me... I don't want to screw my car...
  7. fonejacker

Hondata Group N ECU for fn2

Hi need some help, I'm about to buy a Hondata ECU for my fn2 from another member, although it's been laying around his shed for about a year, and he don't have any documents on it. He brought it for his fn2 but didn't keep the car long, replacing it back for the stock ecu and sold the car it...
  8. fonejacker

Your tyre reviews

ContiSport Contact 3 looks like a great tyre to go for, gonna order 2 for the front!
  9. fonejacker

AutoSocks? Worth buying?

I cant get anywhere in my car at the moment, the car just doesnt want to grip, okay so maybe down to user error, i just find it so difficult in the snow. £60 on AutoSocks / Snow Socks? Anyone used them? Any good?
  10. fonejacker

08 FN2 Civic Type R Issues

I'm sure my old friend from Ashford used to manage KingSkins? Ben Watson?
  11. fonejacker

noise when pulling away

WOW! Just spoken to Gordans Honda, Wigan! THEY ARE AMAZING! Shame they are so far from me!!
  12. fonejacker

Need some Honda Technical help (FN2-57-, an array of problems)

Sorry, My bad! I've just been contacted by Honda UK, they have told me that the clutch fix will be released in 2 weeks time! So it maybe worth giving everyone a head's up on that! As for the other problems, unfortunately Honda UK have said that a technician has to identify the problem, before...
  13. fonejacker

noise when pulling away

Just received from Dealer: The Hints And Tips you have sent me has been updated on 09/12/2010 In which it states we are not to strip or attempt to repair a vehicle with this Issue until further notice.
  14. fonejacker

Non Issue meaning the car will continue to function correctly? but with a noise? I've just heard back from my dealer regarding the above clutch issue and a Hint and Tips docket stating that You can have the Clutch and Flywheel replaced under warrenty, although the noise could return. So I had...
  15. fonejacker

I've just taken my car in (As its still under extended Warrenty from the dealership). My problems were as follow's (The Car is still at the Garage); Suspension / nearside dash / near side front wing Clicking noise, seems to be coming from the nearside suspension, although I can’t pin point...
  16. fonejacker

noise when pulling away

I've just taken my car in (As its still under extended Warrenty from the dealership). My problems were as follow's (The Car is still at the Garage); Suspension / nearside dash / near side front wing Clicking noise, seems to be coming from the nearside suspension, although I can’t pin...
  17. fonejacker

Mis-match - Honda respray on FN2

I dont know if I should take the Type R Mats, full tank and letter confirming I will get it done at Trade cost (£150) and be done with it and live with the chip for a little bit... or take the risk of getting it resprayed and ask if there is a mismatch to detail it...
  18. fonejacker

Maybe there pulling a fast one? Apparently they didnt mean to offer a full repair, just a touch up. Just had his boss on the phone. He asked If I would contribute to the cost. I said no way of course. He then asked if he could fill the car up with unleaded and put this to bed? I just said...
  19. fonejacker

My car is having the rear quarter sprayed today (had a 1p size chip) and part of the deal of buying it from the dealer was to have this repaired. Dealer has just informed me that there maybe a colour mis-match - saying that it is almost certainly going to be brighter. The car is 3 years old...
  20. fonejacker

Civic down

I'd thank him for the English lesson if this was an Oxford Dictionary forum....
  21. fonejacker

Checking Oil...

Hear this.... we all (most of us) know how to check oil, Obviously... Flat service, cold engine, check the oil etc etc. Anyway, I was reading a Castrol leaflet (provided from the Honda Dealer) which states: Warm the car up, then turn engine off...then leave for 2 minutes and then check...
  22. fonejacker

102 Ron?

BP have stopped selling it, thats why I wanted to know if there is anywhere else... Yeah its about £2.40 per litre.
  23. fonejacker

Chewing gum in Recaro's! Grr

I like the way your thinking, and your partly right.. in depth... the temperature inside the can is -20c depending on the product this could differ. When the air hits the atmosphere, it creates a reaction which requires energy (temperature). Thus increasing from -20C to -100C. All...
  24. fonejacker

Any compressed air will do the trick... To stay liquid, the temp in that bottle is around -100c.. just make sure your car doesnt snap in 2. You'll need to do bit by bit.. Spray it on for a few seconds, then if its not working, try longer. good news is with compressed air, it wont damage your...
  25. fonejacker

Insurance what does it cost you???

Ok...So tried A-Plan...Bell...Adrian Flux...etc etc.. Just Paid £1000 for my Insurance, 0 Excess fees, on standard FN2 57 plate, am aloud upto 25% increase in BHP if I wanted, so thats 50 BHP through mods. I have (as stated in previous posts) 1 year NCB, and am 25... Thanks to whoever...
  26. fonejacker

FN2 FN2 CTR Hijacked!

Personally i would'nt change the locks... ....I'd be waiting in the house like terminator in 'judgement day'....Standing at the window while everyone else is sleeping praying for them to turn up!
  27. fonejacker

102 Ron?

Does anyone know where you can get this? BP had a trial station near me not so long ago, but its not there anymore (Apparently BP thought it wasnt cost effective for them) and got rid in March 2010. Need to know where the next best place is to get this Super Juice?:confused:
  28. fonejacker

FN2 FN2 CTR Hijacked!

Bunch of Jockey's!! Bloody hate fuk bag's like this!! Probably a plastic nuxley toy gun aswell nicked from the kid in the sweet shop! Mate, total drop outs with less GCSE's then Rodney's big toe! ...Mate pass our best onto your daughter in law! Cant be nice, I also hope she gets a...
  29. fonejacker

Flip keys for an FN2?

Does anyone know where you can get flip keys for an FN2? Or better still, can this even be done?
  30. fonejacker

Steering rack or clutch release bearing or gearbox?????????

Yeah do...Im keen to know the result!
  31. fonejacker

Either that or make it a tyre pressure problem and you've got yourself a £250,000 house and you probably would be transfered to the Lambo Forum!
  32. fonejacker

FN2 Traction Control on or off?

Yeah sorry...But you know what i mean..
  33. fonejacker

Highly unlikely. I would put my mortgage on that actually.
  34. fonejacker

Fair point... But then again, i never had a problem with out of control wheel spin in the dry with my EP3, so I dont see why it would make a difference now. Understandable, It would be left on in adverse weather conditions.
  35. fonejacker

I've just remembered, I had a noise like this in my old company car...turns out it was a nail in the tyre... Obviously you wont notice it at low speeds, but the more your moving, the faster and louder it becomes as it hits the concrete. You could have something on the far edge of your tyre...
  36. fonejacker

If it only happens at high speeds, then I think its to do with the wheel...Get it checked out at honda...Let them find the source...then go to a garage to get it fixed..Honda should'nt charge you to find the source. Obviously if its electrical then you'll get charged probably. But this defo...
  37. fonejacker

This was My original post.... Basically...Yours isnt linked with the steering Rack...That Vid shows a Fcuuuking annoying SQUEEK!!2nd half of the vid! imagine an over polished steering column...leather on leather almost...although its nothing to do with that, thats the kind of noise it makes!
  38. fonejacker

Its not dangerous to have it like that, just annoying! So thats Why I can confirm its nothing to do with the SR!
  39. fonejacker

Now thats to do with the steering rack!! Exactly the same as mine!!
  40. fonejacker

You need to try a variation of activities in your car until you localise the area more, find out if it happens at low speeds? Full lock, etc? Low/High speeds...Maybe the possibility of something in the tyre?
  41. fonejacker

No I just dont think its linked with the steering Rack...The noise is very tinny, and you can hear the spin rotation of the noise is linked with the speed of your car. I dont think its a grinding... Its wheel related for sure! I think our mate above suggested that it wasnt Clutch related...
  42. fonejacker

My mate had a similar noise to this...Very Tinny... It was a build up of rust in the drum... when he went a certain speed and turned right thats when it happened!
  43. fonejacker

Mate thats nothing to do with steering Rack!!
  44. fonejacker

Grinding would or could be anything that rotates. Bearing, brake parts to rotor or drums etc. EP3 has no drums though... I think its to do with the wheels, evidentally its coming from the left while your turning right. All that weight is being distributed onto the left hand side of the car and...
  45. fonejacker

Dude, sounds like an electric tooth brush! Thats nothing like mine...
  46. fonejacker

And how do you go about doing that??
  47. fonejacker

Use this: Memorex Air Duster which contains the common aerosol propellant Difluoroethane (AKA Freon). Just hold the can upside-down and lightly squeeze the trigger letting out a small stream of the freon (you don't need much for this to work). This instantly freezes the gum and turns it...
  48. fonejacker

This will be a lesson to never give Alex Fergerson a lift home!!
  49. fonejacker

Mate I was about to say take a photo... i would get a needle and begin the painful procedure of picking at each part being careful not to pull on the chair... Thats the only thing. Looks like most of it is out, but this has got into the depth of the chair...Thats the only way. Another idea is...
  50. fonejacker

yeah sorry i mean VSA.... Whats FRSU?? Its a pitty the car doesnt recognise that youve turned the VSA off from the previous journey...Pity you have to keep turning it off... Little annoying! But understandable for someone who relys on Traction assistance. Its going to be a pain for one of the 2...
  51. fonejacker

Yeah mine was defo not grinding...hard to explain.. More of a loud "engine" noise, or drone? cant think of any other word to describe it..
  52. fonejacker

Cant you get it on your itunes, and drag it to your desktop? and do it that way? Put it on youtube? Or maybe you can attach it straight to this forum?
  53. fonejacker

I've had this problem, cant remember how i resolved it. Either way "Cold" or "Hot" will get it out... Friction, keep rubbing! Anyhow, how did this happen?
  54. fonejacker

Does it get worse if you accelerate right? i,e does it get louder?
  55. fonejacker

I had this with my old Type R (03)....Done so much research into it my eyes nearly popped out... I had three problems, I never found the answer, although I think i'll get as close as i can to the answer. Problem 1: Everytime I turned right, there was a louder drone noise (coming from the...
  56. fonejacker

Well no Im nott a **** driver, although I'd find it hard to believe anyone would admit to being a **** driver... All i'm saying is, would the TC slow your car down if you are a good driver?
  57. fonejacker

....If you want to demonstrate the true potential of the type R?? would traction control slow you down around corners and straights? Obviously I understand that traction control uses the engine and brakes to slow down faster spinning wheels? but I still dont know the answer to this? Any thoughts?
  58. fonejacker

£4000-£5000 budget

Vincent...forget the car...Tawk to me about that Arse in your profile picture! Man that is de-beautiful!
  59. fonejacker

Bell was ok, originally came out at £1300, then altered my job title slightly and got it down to £1050...
  60. fonejacker

pull off creak

My old EP3 creaked, but when I turned right mainly, but sometimes when in a straight line... Found out mine was linked with the steering rack.... Apparently a common problem pre 04..and not a cheap one either!
  61. fonejacker

Buying tomorrow morning...FN2 57 Plate

Picked her up today! Was waiting around for ages though, as the wheel repair man was late, so found myself wondering the streets for ages! It was boring as hell!! Although when he gave me the keys and said enjoy, I had the biggest smile ever! Just keep driving her around now, EVERYwhere!, and...
  62. fonejacker

Got you.... So I reckon the old owner skuffed his original on a Curb or something (The dealer did say this is easy to do in the Type R) The previous owner must of had some experiance to know he could get that part from a normal Civic Image Pack?
  63. fonejacker

After doing a shed loads of research, this ISNT from a Type S... The Type S Grand Prix Pack / Image pack looks competely different to the Type R's Bumper. So all thats left to do is find out if that plastic part is detachable? if it is, then its obvious that he has clipped a kurb...
  64. fonejacker

Tescos isnt great for me, will try Direct line.. Cheers!
  65. fonejacker

Does anyone know if that Splitter can come off? Is it seperate to the actual bumper? If it cant, then I need to worry a bit..
  66. fonejacker

Sorry this was my thought, didnt have interior photo to send to my brother, so got any old pic and sent it to him so he could see what it looks like inside an fn2, when uploading the files I accidentally clicked on that pic too. Not been arsed to change it..
  67. fonejacker

Mate, i dont know what else to check... Car drives fine, HPI clear, Honda Approved...Maybe the guy had a little dink on the bottom of the bumper and changed it, brought an aftermaket splitter? Where there is paint on the bumpers looks like its been done by Honda, I'm fairly certain you couldnt...
  68. fonejacker

How do you mean
  69. fonejacker

I was concerned about the bumber, called them today. There is only 1 way to resolve this; the car was sold from new from this particular Honda Garage, and was sold back to them last week. So the obvious thing to do is find out who fitted the bumper by looking back... Turns out that the...
  70. fonejacker

Well I went to view the car this morning, mentioned the splitter and he was unsure to why it was like that.. He said the previous owner could of scuffed the original and replaced it with that. Anyway, the end result is that I could take the car there and then as I rattled him down on cost and...
  71. fonejacker

Cheers! Yeah, I really wanted these wheels... Personal taste I guess... Will have to drive at 10 mph if thats the case! I've just noticed that splitter in plastic!! Not sure about it now you've mentioned it...
  72. fonejacker

Buying my type r tomorrow morning...25, 1 NCB, Admiral, £1000... Stil looking, suggestions on a postcard! FN2 57... Want mods aswell, and most insurances companies are not really loving my ideas!
  73. fonejacker

Thanks mate, back in the Type R scene!...
  74. fonejacker

Wont be able to sleep, so excited!! Used to have a NHB Ep3, nice car, although it was an 03 and suffered from a really annoying squeeky steering wheel....I hear that problem was common? Used to pull under acceleration.. Never did find out what was wrong with it, steering Rack maybe? cant...
Back