• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. gtbloke

EP3 Selecting first gear

Knackered clutch or slave cylinder or both.
  2. gtbloke

EP3 new to the forum

Go for an aem v1 / aem cai ( sits in the inner wheel arch ) made a difference to my stock ep3 and much much better than short ram kits that sit in engine bay, with aem cai, your exhaust/decat and a k100 live mapped you shouldn't be too far off 220bhp p.s - the injen kits are the same as aem cai...
  3. gtbloke

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

You don't need to remove the blanking plate plenty of cold air gets into that area and it really does make a noticeable difference to how the car performs, I fitted a similar kit to an old mg zs180 I had years back and it gained around 6-7 bhp on that particular car as the standard setup was...
  4. gtbloke

Abs light on

Just a quick question.. do the generic obd2 readers read abs fault codes or am I peeing into the wind? its definitely either a dirty or faulty sensor but would rather plug it in and find out which one rather than take them all out and guess :) Cheers Dave
  5. gtbloke

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

I have the aem cai on my otherwise stock ep3 and have never had an issue with it yet, if you drove through a deep puddle at speed I suppose your asking for it! The car also performs much better with it fitted, better than the short ram kit I had on it and better than the oem box it also sounds...
  6. gtbloke

EP3 Another ep3 off the road for good

That's a nasty one.... sad to hear about the passenger the driver needs to be locked up imho !!!
  7. gtbloke

EP3 Whats it worth????????

4.5 / 5k is realistic I reckon
  8. gtbloke

EP3 This is why i love the civic type-r

Good replies... I'm going down the remap route as it is all to easy to drop out of vtec unless you are super accurate with your shifts ( just like I was not in my video haha ) a lower vtec point will be beneficial in real world driving and the higher rev limit is also nice :) fao ninja9 - Cpl...
  9. gtbloke

EP3 Just won this on ebay..

Is not proven but it definitely made my ep3 go a lot better imho with intakes I would say this is one of the best you can get bar the very expensive gruppe m jobbies!
  10. gtbloke

EP3 This is why i love the civic type-r

After driving trucks all week it is great to get into something that sounds and accelerates like the ep3 does :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNLhaeCS7Hc&feature=youtu.be
  11. gtbloke

EP3 EP3 aftermarket exhausts, induction kits, whats good and cheapish?

Aem v2 is the short ram kit that sits in the engine bay... will do naff all for power but will sound nice! the aem v1 / aem cai is the kit that sites the filter in the wheelarch behind the foglight/cover this kit will and does improve the cars performance, I went from a v2 style kit to the aem...
  12. gtbloke

EP3 New Civic Type R Concerns !Help Please!

100 % what the above poster has said... would do the clutch 1st then get a 4 wheel alignment done then sort out the heatshield rattle if that's what it is and you will have a spot on car hopefully p.s - mine is getting awkward to get in gear sometimes when in vtec so clutch time for me too :)
  13. gtbloke

EP3 My ep3 type r

For road use oem / mintex or the likes will be fine.
  14. gtbloke

Get a 2nd hand aem cai (v1) fit a decent aftermarket catback and pop on a Cpl reflashed ecu (hondata with base map on it) the car will definately perform better remap will lower vtec and raise rev limit. That's my plan anyhow.. I found an aem cai on ebay for under £90 and it has definitely...
  15. gtbloke

I used to have a short ram kit on mine... if anything it made it slower, went back to oem for a bit, have now fitted a long arm aem kit (sits behind the bumper) and it pulls loads better and sounds lovely... have driven it in the ****ing rain and not had any issues !! for performance fit aem...
  16. gtbloke

Aem long ram gives just as good gains as a tegiwa but is cheaper.
  17. gtbloke

EP3 Can i pick the brains of any Mechanics out there?

1- more than likely some part of the suspension has been bent so even tracked up it will still pull or just not feel right. 2 - if in any doubt about the pulley just replace it 3- will be the rocker gasket. Hope this helps... watch out for boulders ;)
  18. gtbloke

EP3 What colour wheels for NHB?

I have a plan for my alloys but I'm not sharing it as its not common and I think it looks excellent and not in your face ;)
  19. gtbloke

Fly eye

Any pics mate ?? also how does it effect lighting at night ?? Cheers
  20. gtbloke

Fly eye

Can fit this myself but what are people opinions? would be doing this on a black ep3.... any pics/views would be appreciated :) Cheers Dave
  21. gtbloke

EP3 spraying rear lights

A light tint will do no harm in my opinion, just don't go too silly ;)
  22. gtbloke

EP3 UK 5 door Type-S with Type-R head and ECU?

But after going to all that effort would it not just make more sense to go out and buy a proper type-r ?? with type-r you get all the performance/noise and handling straight out of the box :)
  23. gtbloke

It is only louder when giving it some welly... driven sedately it is quiet :)
  24. gtbloke

Aem cai is now fitted and I am very impressed with it... definitely pulls a lot harder in the midrange and feels to have freed up a few ponies along the way plus it sounds lovely!!! Big improvement over oem airbox & my old ebay short ram open cone !! Quick vid just for the noise :)...
  25. gtbloke

I agree mate the filterless one I gave up on.. was getting silly and like you say can buy new for not much more.
  26. gtbloke

I got outbid on one the other week by 50P :D
  27. gtbloke

My 2004 EP3, Mugen Rep spoiler fitted

Where did you get the mugen rep spoiler from ? seen a few on ebay but its always a gamble !
  28. gtbloke

Thanks mate will do that... pretty certain they will be the same size tbh but never any harm in asking. Cheers for the help !
  29. gtbloke

What do people think

Still think hks has the best tone to it... nice and bassy not too loud or raspy, but yes the 4.5" tip is a little ott plus not full stainless.... I personally hate raspy exhausts... reminds me of nova boys with fart cans fitted ;)
  30. gtbloke

Are the short ram filters the same size as the long arm ones as in pipe diameter ?? 90mm at a guess ??
  31. gtbloke

Quick question for aem cai owners where the heck can I get a replacement filter for it or k&n / itg etc replacement as don't want to run it on an old filter dunno how long its been on there :)
  32. gtbloke

Think I landed lucky.. didn't expect to win it for that... how are they compared to oem setup?.... had a cheap short ram on it sounded lovely but did naff all for performance, infact goes better with oem box than short ram kit. Cheers
  33. gtbloke

Cant believe it went so cheap, last one I bid on went for 120 without a filter.... pretty chuffed with it :) Aem cai btw ;)...
  34. gtbloke

Oem airbox cold air feed ep3

Have not done it yet.... I'm on the lookout for a cheap aem cai but will probably do the hondata mod if it actually does anything ;)
  35. gtbloke

Thanks for the reply and yes you are correct was just looking at the oem setup and thought cool air from lower down might help :)
  36. gtbloke

Okay so I have bitten the bullet and taken off my ebay special typhoon copy and refitted the oem box, miss the sound but it does go better on std airbox ! Anyways question is I was looking when refitting and noticed the standard airfeed ends just above the top of the radiator but I have noticed...
  37. gtbloke

Exedy clutch

Thanks mate your advice has been very helpful :)
  38. gtbloke

Exedy clutch

Surely they cant be that bad ?? are exedy not similar to the oem anyway ? if so what else do you recommend just want a decent oem or oem similar replacement.
  39. gtbloke

Exedy clutch

have heard of exedy before but dunno if its upto oem quality but good price for full kit... mine needs one I think getting awkward to get in gear in vtec and don't wanna naff the flywheel / gearbox.
  40. gtbloke

brake clicking

Could be a fault with the pads, if they are new should be no reason for brake noise.
  41. gtbloke

Exedy clutch

decent enough part then... upto oem spec ??
  42. gtbloke

Exedy clutch

Think my ctr is getting ready for a new clutch what are peoples thoughts on this one off ebay ?? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-2-0-K20A2-TYPE-R-EP3-EXEDY-CLUTCH-KIT-FULL-COMPLETE-BRAND-NEW-/320569042745?hash=item4aa3676739:m:mK6MlysoKvp-U1RdX1t5Alw Not putting 300bhp thru it so surely...
  43. gtbloke

Oil Change.

I'm amazed it even ran at all with that much extra oil in it surprised it wasn't spewing out of the dipstick !!!.... probably let the apprentice do it.... that's disgusting tbh
  44. gtbloke

Running rich or lean

I know this is an old thread bump but I'm thinking of going down the Cpl basic k100 map route to start with question @ tdi north are you able to live map the Cpl jobby as you are much closer to me? I would come to you for the whole lot but funds don't allow it right now but the Cpl k100 suits...
  45. gtbloke

EP3 Pulsing squeak when clutch is not depressed

Deffo the release bearing... mine is doing it slightly and best option is just to buy a new clutch kit and replace the whole lot... exedy clutch kits are £140 I think... that's my plan anyway, replacing just the bearing is pointless may as well do clutch at same time.... its nothing serious so...
  46. gtbloke

Lukes Ep3 Premier edition Cosmic

Looks good !! I used to have a cosmic grey one... but I unfortunately remodelled it into a different shape lol
  47. gtbloke

EP3 Pulsing squeak when clutch is not depressed

Clutch release bearing is getting worn
  48. gtbloke

EP3 I test drove a fn2 now I'm thinking of buying it

Same here I apolgise to the op, but like you say the big engine or turbo saloons can shock a few max power boys ;) would keep my old 3.2 gsi cop barge but she needs to go to free up money... lot of car for little money... ignore the Vectra haters the 3.2 gsi is a superb machine !
  49. gtbloke

EP3 Curious

Yeah brakes are on the list too as well as geo.... cheers for the link !
  50. gtbloke

A gsi is a different kettle of fish to a bread and butter model, quoted power is around 210bhp/221lb/ft torque but I can tell you now mine is putting out a little bit more than that... coppers used to use the gsi's as pursuit cars because they are quick... tbh if I cant get any interest with it...
  51. gtbloke

Take it the 'vectra' bit put you off !! I have owned it for 3 years and its been faultless been to Germany and had 155mph out of it plus sounds awesome, don't believe all the naysayers mate its a top motor, only selling to free up some space would keep it if I could :)
  52. gtbloke

I like the fn2's (my mrs loves them) but I really do believe they are more of a sidestep than an upgrade from the ep3 if its space you need then the civic just isn't going to cut it. P.s - I have a lovely 3.2 vecccy gsi for sale at the moment... loads of power/fully specced and loads of space ;)
  53. gtbloke

EP3 Curious

What would the expected power increase be with a short ram / catback exhaust and k100 remap ?? I know more can be released with manifold and cat delete and rbc but is k100 worth it on just induction & exhaust? Cheers :)
  54. gtbloke

EP3 Ep3 engine shake on idling

Engine or gearbox mount or both
  55. gtbloke

EP3 Buying Exhaust

Tegiwa or hks I think you would be happy with either :)
  56. gtbloke

Decat + B pipe and standard back box

Looks good mate.... get a video up of it... really fancy a hks !
  57. gtbloke

Blackhawk any pics or videos of the hks ???
  58. gtbloke

Have not noticed any loss of power with this filter... and even if it is doing its only £35 lost... it sounds great... copy of k&n typhoon I believe and coupled to a hks will sound awesome but hks wont fit oem you will need the b pipe also... tegiwa and gruppe m are excellent but stupid money...
  59. gtbloke

yes its a good free mod.... I have an ebay special short ram cone filter on mine... sounds lovely on the vtec crossover much louder than standard... fancy a hks exhaust for mine not too loud and should free up a couple of ponies :) Quick vid of the noise
  60. gtbloke

Induction and a nice catback exhaust is a good place to start, will free up the engine and sound lovely :)
  61. gtbloke

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Think the hks sounds the best ... not too loud and has a nice tone... also quite like the tegiwa as well... I hate raspy exhausts... they just sound s**t :D
  62. gtbloke

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Yes I know I'm bumping an old thread but am I the only one who thinks these things sound tinny and s**t like a kevved up nova !! :D
  63. gtbloke

A decat will put on the eml light unless you fit an o2 spacer pointless decatting unless you remap it as it will overfuel and possibly lose power, but with a decat and say a sportex unsilenced bpipe it will be quite loud and raspy... not my cup of tea but I know some people like that kind of...
  64. gtbloke

EP3 Advice needed with new car purchase please

Did you find one in the end mate ?? standard is the best way as you know its not been arsed like a modded one has especially if its a lady owned one ;)
  65. gtbloke

Civic Type R = Immense motoring!

Out of all the hot hatches I have owned ( a few I'm showing my age ) I rate the type-r as one of the best, have owned axgt's, golf gti, 205's, r5 gtt, clio 1.8 16v blah blah but as a true last of the line proper hot hatch with no turbo just a great n/a engine + gearbox plus reliability I do...
  66. gtbloke

quick question

Cheers for the info.. I just need to not be lazy and go measure it haha !!!
  67. gtbloke

After fitting exhaust system.....

Hows the fit + sound of the hks? as I quite fancy one !
  68. gtbloke

quick question

Yes you may mock me but I have a cheapo ebay short ram induction kit on my ep3, thinking of replacing the cheapo filter with a ramair foam one does anyone know the diameter of the piping ? as have found a ramair 2.5" cone for 20 squid :) Yes I'm being lazy and should just go out and measure it...
  69. gtbloke

EP3 About to buy an ep3 - advice?

Go try another one... don't be put off by one lemon :)
  70. gtbloke

EP3 Buying Exhaust

Nah mines still on oem exhaust, I fancy a hks but do like the sound of the tegiwa off that video :)
  71. gtbloke

Are these any good ??

The silent version is no longer available as far as I'm aware but the hi-power should be well within the limits depending on whether you have a cat or a different manifold, cat back hks is not that loud.
  72. gtbloke

EP3 Buying Exhaust

A decent exhaust coupled to decent intake should free up a few ponies but a lot more will be gained with a remap, I like the hks but also the tegiwa too :) Here's a video of the tegiwa setup.. sounds great imho ! http://vid16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/gtbloke/My%20Movie_zpsm50badpk.mp4
  73. gtbloke

EP3 What's this? And should I remove it?

Its a vtec YO speaker !! everytime you vtec !! it shouts YO out to warn other road users. I'm talking out of my bum haha as said above it looks like something to do with automatic gates
  74. gtbloke

EP3 Idle issues after remap and 3 weeks standing

Nice one mate, glad you finally got to the bottom of it, I hate problems like this they are a pain !!
  75. gtbloke

EP3 Spax springs

Awww bleedin eck just been told by my mate they are off an ek9 not ep3 :(
  76. gtbloke

EP3 No wonder ep3 drivers get a bad name !!

Bit of an idiot hey !!!
  77. gtbloke

EP3 No wonder ep3 drivers get a bad name !!

Check out this idiot... with his induction and catback exhaust... no quicker than my ep3 yet drives it like an absolute pleb ! needs to learn how to drive it properly for starters then not do it on a dual carriageway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJQKKZYsCyA&feature=share
  78. gtbloke

EP3 Spax springs

Cheers people, never used spax before even though they have been going for years, have had apex mind you and didn't find them bad at all so surely spax must be as good :)
  79. gtbloke

EP3 Idle issues after remap and 3 weeks standing

o2 sensor??? sounds a tricky one does this not sure if o2 sensor would cause this... blocked cat ??? dirty fuel filter ??? sticking throttle cable / assembly ??? sorry clutching at straws here
  80. gtbloke

EP3 Getting car undersealed Self/garage

Agreed and yeah it is messy but its a job worth doing yourself like stated above.
  81. gtbloke

EP3 Spax springs

Been offered a set of -30mm spax springs off a mate for £30 I'm having them at that money just wondering if anybody has used them on an ep3 and opinions Will be getting 4 wheel alignment done after as well :) Cheers ears
  82. gtbloke

Had a bit of an issue with the purchase... lad will not post and he lives down in Southampton so scratch that one :( .... still think I want a hks anyway ;)
  83. gtbloke

As per link below, is it going to be any good or too bloody loud... just the backbox. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121934960116 I put a bid on not expecting to win it lol
  84. gtbloke

Are these any good ??

I'm still swayed towards the hks *** This mated to a decent induction setup will sound just right... not too loud ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX8gRmNDQyU
  85. gtbloke

While I partly agree with partyvan on the other hand I think your better off buying a clean standard ctr and putting your own stamp on it.... I have nothing against buying modded cars especially when they have been cared for but come on most of them have had the life thrashed out of them... most...
  86. gtbloke

EP3 Getting car undersealed Self/garage

Do it yourself you will get loads more satisfaction plus you know its been done right.... just make sure the surface is cleaned up and dry, sand down any surface rust as this will hold water.. Just take your time and you will be fine.
  87. gtbloke

Thanks mate... just went in with my size 10's plus it helped owning ep's before you just know what to look for :) just shows there are still some good ones about.
  88. gtbloke

I looked at 4 others before buying mine and the proof is in the pudding its the best one out of the 3 I have owned, I have seen them up at 8k.... no way would I pay that for an ep3 unless it was supercharged and mint !!! good examples can still be had if you look carefully and avoid modified...
  89. gtbloke

With ep3 type-r's its a buyers market so if in doubt just walk away, I recently payed £3300 for a 54 plate 1 lady owner nhb one with fsh and no mods on 90k miles if that helps.... and always ALWAYS do a hpi check as a lot are crashed or stolen !!
  90. gtbloke

EP3 New fiesta st mk7

Nah I meant in gear low down power... it should have the edge on the ctr but ctr in the right gear no way hoseee !
  91. gtbloke

EP3 New fiesta st mk7

I think they are great little cars... look the dogs wotsits, I was just surprised more than anything else.. I do believe in gear low down punt would easily outgun an ep3 or fn2 for that matter if not for outright pace as standard. I'd definitely have one next to my ep3 in the stable :) P.s -...
  92. gtbloke

EP3 New fiesta st mk7

Similar experience here, I expected him to at least match the ep3 but it did not seem to be able to keep up, I'm aware with a remap etc it would more than likely wave me bye bye but as standard they are a bit naff aren't they !!
  93. gtbloke

Are these any good ??

Think the hks style suits a jap hot hatch but how does the n1 rep m2 sound mated upto a silenced b-pipe ?? Think I know what I want but do like the spoon reps :)
  94. gtbloke

Type R number 2 - My NHB EP3

Mine still has oem rubber one, what you doing with your old alacantra one ??
  95. gtbloke

EP3 New fiesta st mk7

Hi people As a footnote I'm not trying to start any form of flaming/opening can of worms or all of the rest of the keyboard warrior willy waving rubbish. I love the look of the new fiesta st's and I'm purely curious as to how they compare to a well looked after ep3, have had a little play with...
  96. gtbloke

Had my car 4 weeks and.....

Already somebody has tried both the front / back doors to my house to see if its locked ( I was away as I'm a trucker but wife was home )... I hate west Yorkshire and I'm out of it as soon as possible... already had one ep3 nicked :( What annoys me more is the fact some pond scum has tried to...
  97. gtbloke

Are these any good ??

Thanks for that info bud... have read a few posts about the hks backbox to b pipe being different but I still think hks have the look right... don't get me wrong spoons look good but they are a bit pea shooter'ish. If I was to go hks it would be catback, would love to free up the engine with...
  98. gtbloke

Please help me choose a catback!

If you want looks and not too much noise then hks is your best bet... I think they look great !! yes pipe is a little bit large but you could always go custom and get a smaller tip. Hks ep3 Hks style backbox I got made for my old fto ... 5 " tip I think lol
  99. gtbloke

My EP3

PICS NOW !!!!!! :D :D
Back