• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. KrystenCTR

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Great thread. It's inspiring! Have you fitted the c-hook discs yet? What are they like?
  2. KrystenCTR

EP3 Headlight Project

Looks good so far. What are you doing for indicators and side lights? Are you going to Audi style DRLs?
  3. KrystenCTR

Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40

Also... don't forget to look up the VW branded Quantum Platinum oil. Its dirt cheap at £20 for 5 litres and its actually Castrol Edge in VW packaging.
  4. KrystenCTR

Lowering springs ruining the car?

Have a look at this website... http://honda-tech.com/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/ep3-dc5-suspension-tuning-basics-faqs-told-mustclime-2639666/
  5. KrystenCTR

Breaks lower tie bar

Assuming you mean one of these? http://www.beaksbars.com
  6. KrystenCTR

Lowering springs ruining the car?

I've had similar issues with shocks after fitting Eibach Sportlines.
  7. KrystenCTR

Front Knocking & Light Steering

Similar problem on mine turned out to be the front shocks. Once change the car felt grounded and stopped making clunking noises.
  8. KrystenCTR

Brake lines for EP3. Can't decide!

braided hoses I've got a set of HEL hoses on mine. Had Goodridge on my previous cars. Got mine from eBay through a shop called Matt Lewis Motorsport. Easy as. Cheapest price for something made for him by HEL.
  9. KrystenCTR

Pagid discs and pads

Try chucking in "Lastchance30" for 30% discount
  10. KrystenCTR

EP3 rear caliper carrier seized

Make sure that you use a lithium based grease... not copper slip.
  11. KrystenCTR

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

Welcome back Loxy, not that you really left. lusting at the FD right now.
  12. KrystenCTR

Civic Type R trying to be a U-Boat

Welcome back to the real world... It was a shame you couldn't have stripped the gearbox and other parts. Did you ever find out where the Cosmic EP3 ended up? Which breakers?? would have been good to go and pick up the gearbox with the LSD etc in it. Enjoy the new one. Hope it's as good as...
  13. KrystenCTR

front facing child in front seat?

You can't turn off the airbags in an EP3. There isn't a key lock in the dash to do this, or able to do it by computer like most newer cars.
  14. KrystenCTR

Ticking sound

The Loxster is referring to the fact that the engine has a timing chain, not a timing belt.
  15. KrystenCTR

Halo/Angel Eyes for Facelift?

Have a look at this one then... http://www.auto-led.com/honda-civic-lights/3713.html Being a yank setup it looks like they won't work on the uk roads. They'll light up in the wrong direction.
  16. KrystenCTR

Which bulbs?

Check your earthing points for the headlights. if they are loose then you'll get the same issues with the HIDs And check out Euro Car Parts for the Osrams. They've got a deal on at the moment.
  17. KrystenCTR

Appradio 2 Installation Problem

The standard earthing the green wire doesn't work. The newer Pioneers need a double electrical pulse on the wire to get it to work properly. http://youtu.be/lDGZEZrUdRo Have a look at this. It should help and takes about 5 mins to make up a bypass relay.
  18. KrystenCTR

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Which chrome front indicator bulbs did you go for? I've looked into this and there isn't much choice out there.
  19. KrystenCTR

0.5 second buzz/rattle on start up ep3

What can be done to stop it?
  20. KrystenCTR

Bank Holiday Fiddling (calipers)

When I've painted mine, didn't bother with a base coat. Just bought some proper caliper paint, Folitec for example. Used plenty of brake cleaner and a good wire brush and/or nail brush for the difficult bis. Mask up the rubbers etc and put the paint on. A couple of good coats should be...
  21. KrystenCTR

HID problems (high beam on low beam)

At least if you're going to HID up the car you'll know exactly what you're putting in.
  22. KrystenCTR

HID problems (high beam on low beam)

Personally I'd check the wiring loom. It could be wired up backwards from the manufacturer or more likely somebody has got the harness on upside down/twisted the 180 degrees the wrong way. Obvious suggestion I know but always best to start at basics and work upwards from there.
  23. KrystenCTR

Wax and polish after had Superguard?

Ask Joe said. Take your time. Use the dual bucket wash method to make sure you don't add more light scratches.
  24. KrystenCTR

Hids for facelift ep3

Nice one. Cheers buddy
  25. KrystenCTR

Hids for facelift ep3

Which ones did you go for? This is a tweak to the lighting which I have been looking at.
  26. KrystenCTR

My NHB EP3

Seriously good thread. Enjoying seeing a wreck becoming something amazing. Nice one Adam. Can't wait to see this Beauty in all its glory. Keep it up.
  27. KrystenCTR

Speedi reading 888

Do you find yourself travelling through time? Have you changed your name to Marty Mcfly?
  28. KrystenCTR

FD2 FD2 mugen RR advanced

Who wants a red one when the black is the fastest colour!
  29. KrystenCTR

HOT Snetterton 300 - 12/03/11...

Brum brum... Sorry {...silence...} {...silence...}
  30. KrystenCTR

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

Very Tasty. Can't wait to see this beast giving Snet300 a damn good slapping.
  31. KrystenCTR

I suppose we ought to set off up the crack of Dawn in the MilkFloat, so Deano can play catch up!
  32. KrystenCTR

Be there or be square.
  33. KrystenCTR

FN2 FN2 Type R Questions

Especially if you find them on here or CivInfo.
  34. KrystenCTR

Ep3 team Heko wind deflectors - fitting?

Hey Sonny. This is how I fitted mine. 1) Drop the window. 2) Fit the wing mirror end first (Thin end) and push it firmly into the window runner slot. 3) Peal off the double sided tape along the top and the end. 4) Gently bow the wind deflector towards you in the middle and hook the free...
  35. KrystenCTR

S2000 & NSX Advice please?

Got to love the motor trade. Have you had the car less than 3 months? If so then the dealer is legally obliged to fix the car. And that includes anything. Warranty is nice but only good after the 90 day legal obligation. Take it back. And don't take No for an answer. Trading Standards...
  36. KrystenCTR

Edy's DC5 Build up Thread..Carbon wrap page 10 !

Looking rather tasty there buddy. Can't wait to see it later today Surprised you haven't gone for a smudge of carbon on the grille and mirror caps.
  37. KrystenCTR

It's too easy to go bananas with this stuff if you're not careful. After all How much is Too Much? Just have to decide what bit of the motor need the Carbon Lovin'.
  38. KrystenCTR

Run Forrest Run! My sheet of DiNoc turned up today. Hurry up weekend. I have work to do!
  39. KrystenCTR

So shiny. Needs the roof Di-Noc'd for the full nastiness.
  40. KrystenCTR

Need to buy a strut brace for my EP3

J's racing is great and looks good too. Just watch out if you have a Mugen airbox. They will rub on each other as the engine moves and body flexes.
  41. KrystenCTR

Civic Type R EP3 Touring car spoiler

There a Mugen spoiler on eBay which looks better. Just need a local engineering firm to make up the rear struts.
  42. KrystenCTR

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

Don't lose your sleep. That's just the American rubbish they get over there. Nothing to worry about for us here. Besides it's a bit boring. The UK one will look like a UFO plus some.
  43. KrystenCTR

nice and cheap ep3

Valve clearances is a mileage thing rather than a time thing. Do them if you've done the mileage. The missus used to do only 3000 miles a year so didn't need her clearances done until the third year!
  44. KrystenCTR

nice and cheap ep3

As the great Colin would say... It's a bit Loose! I bet that engine and gearbox feel lovely. Honda Engines don't break in until they've done their first 100,000. Congrats on the bargain price.
  45. KrystenCTR

FN2 Back lights FN2

Do what I did. Complain to Honda about it and get them changed under warranty. If your dealer isn't helping then ring up Honda UK and ask them to help instead.
  46. KrystenCTR

removing scratches

As Joe says. Have a look on the Detailing World website for some really geeky ways to improve your paint. It's gonna cost you many hours of elbow grease and tons of patience. Good luck. Black is such a difficult colour to get right but damn it looks amazing when you get it like glass.
  47. KrystenCTR

DC2 DB8 DC5 Di Noc

Where did you get your DiNoc from? How much was it?
  48. KrystenCTR

DC2 DB8 DC5 Di Noc

Very tasty. I bet peeps on this site will quite happily pay to have an expert to the job for them.
  49. KrystenCTR

DC2 DB8 DC5 Di Noc

I'm going to Di-Noc my roof, door mirrors and front grille when the car turns up at the dealers. Then I'll see what bits can be done on the interior. Mmmm Nice!
  50. KrystenCTR

FN2 Braided hoses

Stick your head under the front wheel arch. Look to where the pipework exits the wheel arch and where the brake hose joins it. You will find the blocks. If you could machine the parts at work, it looks like an Opp to make some dosh for those who don't want to pay Goodridge prices.
  51. KrystenCTR

FN2 Braided hoses

Done the whole Goodridge blocks and 6 hoses. Don't buy the 4 hose kit as you will be missing out the important 2 hoses which go over the rear torsion beam. So a waste of time. 6 hose kit without the blocks is an MoT failure waiting to happen. Don't know much more than that about this kit but...
  52. KrystenCTR

car warrenty

I'd be inclined to do a Full HPI and get the MOT and service done if you really want to blow some cash. You can always have the warranty info to one hand if you think the buyer will want it.
  53. KrystenCTR

Goodyear f1 gsd3 ?

Changed all my tyres from the dreaded Bridgestones to Goodyear F1 GSD3. Was the best upgrade I did to the car. Made it drive properly. Great Move.
  54. KrystenCTR

Fitted Spoon N1 and a bit disappointed

I'm guessing that you have fitted a brand new exhaust. Until they have done a few miles and carboned up a bit they all sound a bit loud and boomy.
  55. KrystenCTR

HOT Snetterton 06/03/10...

Do we know who it is? Be good to get an appreciation fund going to try and cheer him up a bit.... even if its just a card or something.
  56. KrystenCTR

Don't think you're wrong. Very Interesting.
  57. KrystenCTR

Could always not go to sleep and then it'd just be a really really late afternoon?! :cool:
  58. KrystenCTR

A smidge of a Convoy will be grand. Looks like I'll be driving then, as I'm sure Dons will want to have a sit in the FD2. See you at 1pm on Saturday.
  59. KrystenCTR

Edy has twisted my arm, so will be coming down at lunchtime to have a look. Shall have to ask Julian very nicely for a passenger ride in his munster.
  60. KrystenCTR

Big Ends knocking- i got ripped off!!

If the guy is a trader then he is totally liable for ALL of the repairs for the first 3 months after you picked it up. Especially good to know if the advert had trader showing. Good luck and keep us all informed.
  61. KrystenCTR

BluePrint Brake Discs

Sounds like a DIY job on the cheap BluePrint discs to me.
  62. KrystenCTR

mugen induction kit wanted

Good thing about the Mugen kit is that it's a guaranteed power increase.
  63. KrystenCTR

My milano EP2

I think the pics of the FN2 CTR needs a bit of Martinization. I'm sure he'd like to get his Clawz into that one! :lol:
  64. KrystenCTR

My milano EP2

Might as well get yourself a Mugen grille..... oh and the Red badge. :twisted: Black spoiler...??? Carbon yes otherwise NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :eek:
  65. KrystenCTR

Sold My CTR

Hello CompGuru. Fancy seeing you here. Here's a pic of the S2k so far. OK they've gone off to be refurbished. Can't have anything less than perfect for Madam. :roll:
  66. KrystenCTR

Remove the rear bumper

It has been mentioned that I seem to be on the Man-Mountain size. Beautifully in proportion of course. :shock:
  67. KrystenCTR

Oh dear.....

I can't even be bothered to list the mistakes on the car. The list would be endless. Should have just bought the real thing.
  68. KrystenCTR

How much is a new wheel? Never let the woman drive!

This kerb mark. Is it nasty or damn right bad. Do you think you could change it under warranty??
  69. KrystenCTR

JDM Badge

Just order one from your local dealer. Don't forget to demand lots of discount. Or order from US which is cheaper (exchange rate etc.)
  70. KrystenCTR

OEM Dashboard

Try this for size. NPAE - Champagne Silver (R241-E YR220L) Thinner - T537 Activator - C762 This is the proper code from the actual Honda factory painters
  71. KrystenCTR

Mugen airbox with strut brace?

What a long thread. Anyway back to the original question. I've tried pretty much every variation of strut brace with my Mugen Airbox. Unfortunately, short of building my own, none have fitted. BUT the Mugen / Spoon brace will fit over the Mugen Box, but I didn't want to move the...
  72. KrystenCTR

Remove the rear bumper

Glad you like it. I did that ages ago when I first got my hands of Don-R's ........ CTR
  73. KrystenCTR

New Civic Type R

You wouldn't be wrong. Anything with a bit of speed behind it and Don-R will be there. :twisted: :shock: Well Trying to catch me up anyways!!! :lol:
  74. KrystenCTR

Stoptech 328mm Brake Kit

I think it's gonna be down to what you're going to do with them. If you're racing then you need the Stoptech brakes. If you're going to be fast roading etc then go with better pads, discs and the Braided hoses. I've done the braided hoses so far. The braking has changed dramatically...
  75. KrystenCTR

DC5 Brembo's for EP3

Totally agree. Have seen the mayhem that is a DC5 Brembo brake change. Might as well go and buy the front suspension off a DC5. I'ts quicker and easier. Personally if the BTCC uses AP Racing , then it's good enough for me.
  76. KrystenCTR

Wrapping Manifolds: How Far...

Just bought some of this stuff. Ready to mummify mine. I did buy the black pre-sludged version for £31. Must get some stainless cable ties next. I'm pretty sure that 1" x 50' will do the whole manifold. 8' of wrap to cover 1' of manifold.
Back