• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. DiD

Views on 2,2 CDTi

£1k???!!! for a clutch?
  2. DiD

Views on 2,2 CDTi

I know from a friends civic with the same engine after a remap that the clutch suffered. But other than that, not specific problems or "achiles heal" in general?
  3. DiD

Views on 2,2 CDTi

Hi everyone. Currently own an EP3 and a CL9. I have the EP for almost 2 years now, and the CL less than 3 months. The last months i have grown fond of turbo diesel engines. The plan is to get rid off both cars and buy a diesel engined, family car. So i started looking into audi`s and bmw`s, but...
  4. DiD

Scratches.........

if you`re good with you`re hands, sand them down with wet P2000. Be carefull not to over do it though. Polish with a 3M Fast cut or similar compound.
  5. DiD

Car will not start, suspected immobiliser issue?!

Do you hear the fuel pump and pump relay when you turn your key? Have you checked your starter?
  6. DiD

Common Civic Faults

Wee update: Managed to fit my girly hands through the passenger compartment and reached the heater selector. Indeed the cable was out of place, slided the sucker back in place, tested the selector and revolved normaly. Alas the problem wasn`t solved yet. I messed around a bit and managed to...
  7. DiD

Common Civic Faults

Thanks mate. It`s a big bumper because i moved recently and don`t have any tools or place for that matter to work on my car myself... Will look into the easy stuff myself before contacting my dealer. Any idea how many Ω should the resistor read?
  8. DiD

Common Civic Faults

Great!! Just ****ing great.... I had a water pump changed just last week back home, and now car is in Germany! Do you think this could be related to the water pump works?
  9. DiD

Common Civic Faults

Thought i`d better post here rather than start a new thread. Last night tried switching from cold to warm with the heater selector. Nothing. "ok, it`s the known issue" i thought. I open the bonnet and turn the selector by hand. Still cold air blowing. I tried the opposite side, still cold air...
  10. DiD

Spraying Your Alloy Wheels

One could skip the priming part completely or spray locally on bare aluminum. Regarding the sand papers you could spray onto 800 wet, or as i do for faster and better matting of the surface red 3M scotch brite and soap water.
  11. DiD

Winter Tyres

continental and vrederstein make good rain tires.
  12. DiD

Wheels, offsets, stud patterns..

I have always been an oem wheel lover and never got into alloys and the likes. I have to get winter tires on my EP3 and decided to go with 16"s. I have come across a set of 16"X7,5. What tire width can these accommodate? I was thinking 205/60/16 which if memory serves me right, is a popular...
  13. DiD

front Brembo brake discs & pads

IMO go with OEM.
  14. DiD

issues with vtec

^^ this. Oil level is the first thing to look for with vtec problems.
  15. DiD

Touch-up paint + High temp calliper paint

I`d say Halford`s or any car paint shop will have you sorted.
  16. DiD

how to fit a shift light. basic guide. Dyna model

Nice write up!! Set it to 8K!!! Plenty of time to shift before 8250
  17. DiD

CTR new timing chain 2 weeks old snapped, Engine damaged

Never, ever and i mean never service your cars with cheap after market parts! OEM quality is second to none. R&D has taken years for others simply copy. In any case, i think i should ask; did your mate check for slack beeing within factory set limits or was it maybe to tight?
  18. DiD

Dc5 Aem cai fitting to rbc help

Get a silicon angle according to your need.
  19. DiD

Removing a stuck a front disc

haven`t heard something like this before, but you could try heating with a blow torch the disc near the hub and with a mallet hit it on the edges. At least that`s what i would do.
  20. DiD

Need advice before I order

That much? With S2K rotors??:confused:
  21. DiD

Wet and Dry your headlights

1500 wet, 2000 wet, 3M Fast cut compound. Done.
  22. DiD

Rear brakes

could be a seized caliper. if it`s high pitched then it`s your pads.
  23. DiD

So overjoyed to be greeted by this...

Exactly. You`ll be needing a respray in any case. Damage isn`t serious at all (trust me, i`m a sprayer), to justify replacement.
  24. DiD

what cams

I don`t know about moving they`re production line but it`s a matter of raw material? Then again honda started producing cars in Swindon..... Seriously now, lobe damage is most frequent due to hard valve springs. I have seen same reports on toda, mostly B used with hard supertech or ferrea...
  25. DiD

what cams

to be fair that`s the best example. only 2 or 3 other cars have made that power, but they average at 255~260 peak depending on other mods. -RBC -Dc Sports Exhaust Manifold -Injen CAI (76mm) -Custom Exhaust Manifold & Catback (70mm) -Toda Camshafts A3 -Toda Valve Springs -Toda Head Gasket 0.3mm...
  26. DiD

what cams

What would you like to know exactly?
  27. DiD

what cams

For an EP3, cheap and OEM solution are FD2/DC5/FN2 cams. You`ll get a huge gain in the midrange as well as good gains up higher. No need to upgrade valvetrain and chain tensioner etc, just a small bump to your CR at 11,5 to get them working. Then there`s TODA. A2 or A3 are the best for the K...
  28. DiD

what discs will you run on the rear?
  29. DiD

Great! Keep us posted with the progress. 20mm... Think it's too much.
  30. DiD

how much did the brembos set you back if you don`t mind me asking?
  31. DiD

You most probably will, but you could always call breakers in the UK and Ireland and ask around. [email protected] mail these guys. Used by many in ek9.org. Currently breaking 3 dc5's. they are a bit expensive though. 00353 857 852 187
  32. DiD

Found a set going at £400 on eBay http://bit.ly/13XBKks
  33. DiD

If you use your ep3 discs the caliper will be sitting further in and you'll have to grind the mounting points (not advised see post #22). The s2k with a wider offset will draw the caliper towards the outside allowing it to bolt right on. But why bother with ep3 discs? If you want to save money...
  34. DiD

You are correct.
  35. DiD

Ep3 discs. Pics to show application with stock ep3 discs and 7mm spacers.
  36. DiD

No. For some reason he prefered to grind the caliper rather than use a spacer or s2000 discs. But he uses aftermarket wider alloys. For standard alloys 7mm spacer was needed.
  37. DiD

100% sure they were dc5 brakes.
  38. DiD

My mistake. I thought they have their own carriers and since no one has mentioned carriers so I thought they used their own. Maybe a bigger spacer is needed without the s2000 discs? A guy at local forum shaved off the mounting point on the caliper.
  39. DiD

What do you mean no bracket? You'll be needing the caliper and bracket of the brembos. on a side note: since you're looking into brake upgrades the ch7 twin pots is what I decided to go with. They go around £200 and can be combined with 300X24, 300X28 and 315X24 (all oem discs from the ATR)...
  40. DiD

Logic suggests that you won't be needing extended bolts and from what I've seen logic assumption is correct. Yes mate.standard ep3 alloys clear them with 5mm. FN2's need about 15~17mm spacers.
  41. DiD

Nope. S2000 discs (different offset than the ep3/fn2 ones) and ~5mm spacers will suffice. Big value for money.
  42. DiD

CH1 Euro R CL7 2005 brakes

CL7 has twin pots with 300X28 discs iirc. Same discs are found on Legend. If Tegiwa doesn`t stock them, check out http://eshop.supergt.com.hk/preview/eng/main.php trusted site, cheap, has almost everything, bit slow communicating though. Then there are these guys from Singapore, more expensive...
  43. DiD

Unsure about buying an ep3 (newbie)

Congratulations!!
  44. DiD

Price is good i think. You can actually see for yourself if it has indeed an a/c compressor. If it does, when running check the tubes; one should be hot and other chilling. If it does work but doesn't cool the air lacks R134, if it doesn`t work at all there could be a blown fuse. But don`t rely...
  45. DiD

Do you really need an a/c? I mean how hot can a summer day be in the UK? 20-25? If it's priced fairly and you like it take the car.
  46. DiD

De-limiter

http://www.rhdjapan.com/trust-greddy-speed-limiter-cut-controller-slc-sld-23931
  47. DiD

De-limiter

Can't help you if you aren't specific.
  48. DiD

De-limiter

Which delimiter are you using?
  49. DiD

kpro help

how cheap? you might want to have a look at this, http://www.hondata.com/kpro_counterfeit.html
  50. DiD

Key fob doesn't work. Help!

faulty receivers then?
  51. DiD

Key fob doesn't work. Help!

99% sure.
  52. DiD

First Claybar Today

Looking good! Is that the 821/A colour?
  53. DiD

My Champ White FN2

Mint car!
  54. DiD

Engine Mods

That`s how we do it over here and get exact same results. And i guess much more cheap sourcing an EP3 oil pump.
  55. DiD

Engine Mods

FN2`s can gain 7hp~10hp through the entire range using an EP3 oil pump. Fact proven on many cars. Never understood how and why, but that`s true.
  56. DiD

now the proud owner of a kpro

£60 or £600? Better get a remap soon buddy.
  57. DiD

Aircon problems

I don't think it has a thermal relay (not sure about the exact term in English. It cuts off when compressor heats up. Mostly found in domestic and professional refrigerators and home a/c). But from my experience with household a/c must be your temp sensor or the relay causing to work for such...
  58. DiD

Engine ticking.

Could be a bearing from your a/c or alternator. Mate had a similar noise on his ep3. Comes and goes on idle, speeds up while reving, and is clearly coming from the side of the belt. Is it more noticeable on cold start up? What's your mileage? Could as well be your chain tensioner if it is beyond...
  59. DiD

revving to 9500rpm???

Clio isn't as fun or fast as the ep3. If not that one, I'm sure something clean will come up soon. Don't get a Renault in any case. Better spend the money on mods rather repairing the French pile of s*it.
  60. DiD

revving to 9500rpm???

Has very good mods. What's alarming is vtec set too low and claimed limiter to the sky. Better check with tdi and gather intel. Maybe this guy is trying to impress or if he's for real, engine is headed to explosion.
  61. DiD

revving to 9500rpm???

K pro is a completely customizable tool. No standard rev limiters. Depends on what an engine can handle or make power at. The rev meter might be showing 9500 with true limit set at 9K which is still very high for a stock valve train to handle. But If it indeed has a kpro it's a good thing any...
  62. DiD

Replacement premier calipers

You can get them from trusted sellers on eBay really cheap and look good quality stuff but they won't be Honda.
  63. DiD

Running rich or lean

If it was me I'd check the following: Spark plugs to decide if engine is running properly. White too lean, white/brownish normal, black rich. Then fuel filter Map (manifold absolute pressure) Exhaust connections for any air leaks (vacuums) Petrol quality In that order.
  64. DiD

Flat fob battery

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I locked my car using the fob on Saturday. Went to unlock it yesterday only to see no response. I unlocked the car with the key but no light came on or car would start. I thought it was a Honda safety feature that had something to do with the fob. But in reality my car...
  65. DiD

Flat fob battery

Then i`m fukced! i thought my remote didn`t work, so unlocked the car and couldn`t start it. New battery in order.
  66. DiD

Flat fob battery

If my remote lock controller from my ep3 has a dead battery and use my key to unlock the car, while the car be able to start?
  67. DiD

Micropolishing

Balancing is different. Though the right thing to do when using other than oem flywheel and/or clutch. not necessarily. Could be either or both. There's no rule to say which suffer usually.
  68. DiD

Micropolishing

If it needed micropolishing that means that some journals where marked/scratched. Doing micropolish work saved you your crankshaft. It will require thicker bearings decided after your machinist measured tolerances.
  69. DiD

ATR brakes onto EP3

It`s not about beeing better that brembo`s. I started looking into this for my ek, when i wanted to upgrade my brakes to 300mm and keep 15"`s wheels. For the ek`s it`s a straight fit and depending on the alloy needs slight mods (shims and/or spacers). Thanks. I think those ebay stuff are not...
  70. DiD

ATR brakes onto EP3

oook. So brembo`s out of the equation. Thanks guys. So this brings me back to my original question: ATR twin pots on ep3?
  71. DiD

ATR brakes onto EP3

How much do the brembos go for? ATR calipers aren't as hard to come by as one might think, and sell for ~250£
  72. DiD

ATR brakes onto EP3

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere before but search has come up with nothing useful. I'm looking into getting the ATR front twin pots onto my EP3. Has anyone done this before to provide me with some feedback? I know for fact that these fit EK's like ep3/ap fronts but unsure about the ATR...
  73. DiD

EP3 Service Manual PDF- Working link

Good shout! cheers.
  74. DiD

Final drive ratios

There's the Mfactory calculator for experiments like this?
  75. DiD

Final drive ratios

Going with 4,5,6 jdm and 5,1 you make your first 3 gears shorter but not too short and the last three short enough to pull like a mutha and still be track friendly with OEM reliability. As stated above 5,84 will destroy your ratios completely. The way I see it for a mildly tuned engine like...
  76. DiD

Final drive ratios

5.1FD as above +4,5,6 JDM gears, LSD.
Back