• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. shnev91

FK8 Deposit down!

Nice one. Look forward to seeing them in the flesh. I will hopefully get a chance to have a play with one on me next service.
  2. shnev91

EP3 EP3 Won't Start...

You could try bump starting it down a hill or by pulling it with another car. If it starts then I would guess the starter motor has given up, as long as you have the correct battery in there. Edit: Maybe ask a professional before doing this. With it being stood for that long, no oil has been...
  3. shnev91

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Just watched a walk around video of the new one. Did I really just see an electric parking brake? I hate those things.
  4. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Exhaust tailpipes cleaning

If anyone wants a bit of inspiration to do it... Just did mine with autosol and scouring pads. Before After
  5. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Exhaust tailpipes cleaning

Thanks for this. Wanting to clean mine too.
  6. shnev91

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Here's my opinion on the 245 tyre choice... If you're doing it for looks then fine go for it. If you're doing it to reduce the chances of kerbing your wheels don't bother. At the end of the day the tyre is flexible and your wheel isn't if you graze a kerb the tyre will flex away and the wheel...
  7. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

The MPSS 235/35/19 made them look normal. I now have 235/35/19 Pilot sport 3s and they look stretched again so it seems a bit random.
  8. shnev91

My Polished Metal FK2R GT #06953

Nice one. I love it in that colour.
  9. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Oversteer = more fun. I rest my case :P
  10. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Some people don't like the stretched look. Also found this on another forum: "ZR is the category of speed rating .................. VR is for speeds up to 150mph and ZR when introduced was for speeds over 150mph. As car speeds got higher the manufacturers subdivided ZR into three...
  11. shnev91

FK2 Private plate

Who cares what anyone else thinks. Mine's a 53 private plate and I've actually had someone at a car meet double take and go "that's not a 2003 car is it?" I just stood there and laughed. If anything it's a conversation starter.
  12. shnev91

FK2 Alloy Wheel Refurb

I asked my honda garage where to get mine done and they gave me the name of the guys they use. I still haven't got round to doing them yet but if they can't do the red I'll be asking honda what I can do about it.
  13. shnev91

FK2 Potential FK2 owner

Congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you'll enjoy it plenty.
  14. shnev91

FK2 Potential FK2 owner

I bought a demo car and have had no problems. I'm always up for saving money :P. I think questions 2 and 3 you can answer yourself by test driving and having a look at the cars. If you get a bad feeling about the car don't buy it. I went to test drive one for a joke. Wasn't interested in the...
  15. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

My car was a demo car and came with 2k on the clock my contis went at 3.5k miles. The MPSS were heaps better in my opinion. Grip levels improved also. Haven't really had a chance to push the pilot sport 3's yet but so far I'm happy with them in the wet.
  16. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Update on the pilot super sports: lasted 9k miles on the front. the original rears lasted 12.5k. I now have 4 pilot sport 3's and will give them a go.
  17. shnev91

EP3 Decisions Decisions...

Is it not just a case of a good soapy wash and maybe a detailing brush or something to get any fiddly bits? I would have thought giving it a good wash would pretty much get all that green crap off.
  18. shnev91

FK2 New Type-R Owner, First Question

I don't think many people would dream of doing it. The handling is so damn good and the fact that the R button would lose the ability to firm and soften the suspension. Edit: Unless there's a set of coilovers that support the R button? Would be interested if anyone knows of a set that do this...
  19. shnev91

EP3 Decisions Decisions...

+1 totally agree
  20. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Come to West Wales where dual carriageways don't exist :lol:. All we have is twisty mountain roads, not that I'm complaining, the car makes them a joy to drive on.
  21. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Hey guys haven't been on for a while. Update on the Pilot SS on the fronts. 5000 miles in and still strong with about 5mm left.
  22. shnev91

The Bikerat

Painted hub caps is a must right? Some crazy off colour like purple or go full crazy and do each one different.
  23. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Just wanted to throw a quick update about the Pilot Super Sports I put on my car. 2 fronts went on after 3500 miles (first 2000 was done as a demo car). I have now put 2500 miles on the Pilot SS's and gone to do a quick measurement and I still have 6mm tread left all over. I measured inside...
  24. shnev91

FK2: Oil Level Low Light ON! :(

Yeh I'm with Loxy here. No idea why you're using. I'm on 6000 miles and I'm still fine. I would like to hear what Honda have to say about your car if you're planning on taking it in.
  25. shnev91

FK2 FK2 recall on the cards?

Just been reading into it. Could that be completely random? Surely not all looms have been installed exactly the same way and what I mean by that is there could be a twist in the loom somewhere or whatever which then puts a little bit more tension on a certain wire than there should be. Or am I...
  26. shnev91

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Did he buy it and then go "oh wait I really want it to be a focus RS" even done the bonnet vents...
  27. shnev91

FN2 Thinking of getting a FN2 type r

You should be able to find jacking points in the car manual. I've never owned an FN2 so I'm useless sorry.
  28. shnev91

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

I would love to hear it from inside the cabin too if possible Loxy. Cheers.
  29. shnev91

Copper ease for all of them in my opinion.
  30. shnev91

Tried a new (to me) product. Auto Glym: Rapid Aqua Wax

Was looking for a product like this so that on a quick wash and dry I could add a bit of protection and give it a nice shine. Really easy to apply. Apply to wet panel, Approx 3 sprays needed for the whole bonnet, Dry the car using 2 cloths (they give you 2 in the kit but I used my own). Did a...
  31. shnev91

Does anyone else own 2 cars?

I used to own an everyday astra and my s2000. The s2000 was my fun car and the astra sucked major balls but was good for work and long drives up to scotland on the never ending M6 to see family. I rented a garage for the S2000 to keep her dry in the winter etc and to have more space at home. Now...
  32. shnev91

I'm in need of a touch up pen already :'( mines suffering with stone chips. I think one of them was there before I bought the car though being an ex demo. Looks good with you buddy. I love the FN2 in white.
  33. shnev91

FK2 2015 vs 2016 and problems so far?

I had one of the first Dealer Demos registered end of July. I would like to be able to say that my engine was built in the UK.
  34. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

So what will it be 245 or 235?
  35. shnev91

How can I find out if it's UK or US built? Would be interested in this.
  36. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Heres a comparison from front and backs. hope the images are good enough for you to tell.
  37. shnev91

Personally I haven't heard of or exprienced any of those problems. I have an early model too 15 plate.
  38. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Sorry Loxy only just seen this. Have you had yours done yet? I can get a pic by tonight.
  39. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Done over a thousand miles on the Pilot SS now and I can 100% recommend them. They will not let go of the road once warm. On a wet day I managed to scare myself by getting the rear end out by accident (still Continentals on the back). The Pilot SS also doesn't look as stretched as the...
  40. shnev91

Cobra Exhaust FK2 Type R

Here's the vid I took at Japfest. Still not massively impressed but It did sound better than that first vid I found I think. https://youtu.be/lDMo66CqhsA
  41. shnev91

FK2 Not you usual mod!

Looks great. Good effort.
  42. shnev91

Just incase anyone is interested. Just done a calculation on my fuel consumption from a 200 mile fun drive round south wales. I managed to get 30.3 mpg accoring to the computer but 28.2 when I calculated it properly after filling the tank again. Not bad considering I was out to have fun wasn't...
  43. shnev91

FK2 New purchase

Congrats dude. Enjoy it.
  44. shnev91

Getting side skirt painted/repaired

Yup rub the lot down, de-grease, and start again. *edit You shouldn't need to prime it I wouldn't have thought. Someone else may have a different opinion though.
  45. shnev91

Me personally I would respray the whole skirt. Blending is like witch craft.
  46. shnev91

Cobra Exhaust FK2 Type R

I would agree with you on it being on of the better ones so far but I guess I want something a bit different.
  47. shnev91

Even if you just do the filler and the prep work it will save some money then get it sprayed by a pro. sorted.
  48. shnev91

EP3 just proud of the change

And now you'll be waiting for that first stone to hit the bonnet and chip the paint. I'm only messing :lol:
  49. shnev91

Recent EP3 purchase

I dont know much about the EP3's but on the s2000 that sort of stuff happens when the gauze on the VTEC solenoid part gets clogged up with crap. Running along the lines of what Ste666 said it's like it's not getting enough oil/pressure etc. I only found out about this through good old Mike...
  50. shnev91

Cobra Exhaust FK2 Type R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHEMA0NJpYY I'm not really that impressed... Happy enough to stick with standard for now. Haven't found anything I like so far. (I'm also not 100% sure that this vid is legit but cobra say they have finished their products now)...
  51. shnev91

Not a red H, but my Moonrock S2000 - AIR RIDE PAGE 19

Just had a quick look through this from start to finish (mainly the pics). You've done a great job of it. One of the nicer modified S2ks I've seen.
  52. shnev91

FK2 Fk2 mystery of rear doors seals

Ohhhh I see. I don't see a problem with the way the rear doors are now. Will keep an eye on this topic though.
  53. shnev91

I would like to see something subtle on the wheels like black on the indents on each spoke and the center cap H in black. Could maybe do that all with stickers.
  54. shnev91

Matt's Milano Red FN2 GT

I'm in the same club as Smithy, Never seen one before. Looks great.
  55. shnev91

Haha. Looks great. Congrats.
  56. shnev91

FK2 Fk2 mystery of rear doors seals

Hi Guys. I've just checked mine and maybe I'm not fully understanding. Are you guys missing the black rubber strips? I have them on mine. Hope this helps.
  57. shnev91

My Cosmic Grey Premier Edition Type R

The wheels and the center caps look great. Quality work. The cars looking good.
  58. shnev91

wondered what these tips would look like on my ep3... well here we go :)

They look great. So does the rest of the car. I love that colour.
  59. shnev91

I don't know the difference between them so I'm now useless lol. Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
  60. shnev91

FK2 Help with curbed wheels

Lol I'm using the satin black one and that looks fine, I've hit mine twice so you're not alone.
  61. shnev91

This is a good point... I'm going to have a mess with mine tonight hopefully and see what mine sounds like. I've got a bit of experience with LSDs but not much but I know what to expect.
  62. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Alignment

So in future I guess sticking to the year of production will be the best way. Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
  63. shnev91

FN2 Back after exile

Yeh I instantly fell in love with the FK2 after testing it. The S2000 needs to be sold unfortuantly... It's not getting used now that I have the FK but I'm glad I've had the pure VTEC experience.
  64. shnev91

FN2 Back after exile

Congrats. Had a quick look at the pics. Looks great. Hope you enjoy it. I've been drawing attention but nobody wants to race. I also live in west wales so not many people round here are into cars.
  65. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Alignment

Yeh the front right isn't far enough out for me to worry after seeing those tolerances.
  66. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Alignment

Legend. Thanks for the info that helps so much. So mine are within tolerance just. So yeh they said what year the car was made from and I said this one specifically was 2015 onwards and it was the FK chassis. They found FK on the system but it said 2006-2012 so I have no idea. They said it...
  67. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Alignment

Ok not ***** lie I'm a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing I understand the meanings of the words but should I worry about this or not? The Caster im not too fussed on but the inside edge of my tyres that got pulled off today were almost at the wire and the rest of the tyre was at around...
  68. shnev91

EP3 No wonder ep3 drivers get a bad name !!

What a great idea. Next time I want to do a handling test I wont bother using cones, I'll just use some cars. Brilliant.
  69. shnev91

FK2 Sqeaky Brakes

Better start driving to and from work like a hooligan then. :lol: Thanks for the responses guys.
  70. shnev91

FK2 Sqeaky Brakes

Might aswel ask to see if anyone else has Squeaky breaks. Mine are fine at any speed above 15mph but at really slow speeds when you're just trying to stop they give off the loudest high pitch note ever. I can't even tell which calliper it is at the moment but I'm guessing drivers side with how...
  71. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Just ordered Michelin Pilot SS. £326 fitted was best price I could get. Many of the local guys can't get the tyres at all from their dealers and kwik fit are a rip off but also can't get them. Black Circles was my best option.
  72. shnev91

Hmmm... someones going to need to explain the Ferris Bueller ref....
  73. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Looks like I need to do some reading on the Pilot SS. If that's true I will have to consider it. Thanks.
  74. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

:O I looked at the Pilot SS but £20 extra per tyre put me off slightly. I know that seems silly when I'm looking at paying £130 (ish) per tyre anyway but I'm not planning on doing any track work in the car yet so for the road I don't see the point. My mate has a Focus ST and raves about the F1s...
  75. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

I've never had the chance to try them. Thanks for the feedback.
  76. shnev91

FK2 FK2 Tyres

If there is another thread about this somewhere please feel free to point me towards it and delete this one. So having bought a Demo car with 2k miles on it the tyres had been spanked by the time I bought it. I tried my best to get the dealer to put some new tyres on before I bought but he...
  77. shnev91

FN2 Back after exile

Let us all know how the day goes if you buy or not.
  78. shnev91

FK2 Civic Type R FK2 - Test drive

You will not regret it. I absolutely love mine. After the initial week of planting my foot and visiting the Petrol station far too much I'm settling down with it and it's actually not too bad on fuel. I'm regularly hitting 32+ mpg according to the trip computer (35+ if I'm trying). I love all...
  79. shnev91

FN2 New car picked up on Tuesday

Don't think I've seen one of those before.
  80. shnev91

EP3 Just won this on ebay..

From what i can tell it's this one. Sounds good tbh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RG-ZevPO74
  81. shnev91

FN2 New car picked up on Tuesday

Congrats. Looks good.
  82. shnev91

Am I right in thinking he did it without R+ mode too??? I wonder if they tested both?
  83. shnev91

****Central Locking Problem PLEASE HELP

According to that. Everything I see there is correct. That's the correct behavior for a key I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. In that case it is just the fob that's causing problems. In most cars when u put the key in the door it will only trigger all the locks from the drivers side...
  84. shnev91

****Central Locking Problem PLEASE HELP

Does a double press of the fob or holding the lock button for a few seconds lock all the doors? I realise it should lock all of them just with one press but It's worth checking...
  85. shnev91

FK2 woah!!! Has anyone seen these yet??

I dont plan on turning my daily into a racecar :P
  86. shnev91

FK2 R+ mode

The only time I've used it is to show people what it does. Welsh roads really don't suit R mode. Hopefully one day I'll get to use it on the track.
  87. shnev91

new FK2

Congrats dude. Looks great. Hope ur happy with it. Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
  88. shnev91

FK2 Remus FK2 Exhaust

Yeh it was mongoose. I was looking for ages to find the cobra one. haha.
  89. shnev91

FK2 Sensors on the windscreen

Well that's embarassing. I did check the manual first but I couldn't find it for the life of me. Cheers Loxy
  90. shnev91

FK2 Fuel for FK2

I'm using Texaco 97 octane. Mainly because texaco is the closest. If i had shell it would get V power. Getting 34mpg with a light foot and about 26-28 when I'm a little heavier.
  91. shnev91

FK2 Sensors on the windscreen

Does anyone have a diagram to show what each sensor does? Also if there is a way of testing each one I would love to know. Cheers in advance.
  92. shnev91

FK2 Remus FK2 Exhaust

I'm not too sure about that. Would be nice to hear it in person not just on a video. Im waiting to hear what Cobra does. http://cobrasport.com/index.php/blog/coming-soon-honda-civic-type-r-fk2-sports-exhaust-systems/
  93. shnev91

FK2 Info on how VTEC works now?

I swear I can hear something in the higher rev ranges but its also meant to be helping low down too and I cant tell at all when in the low revs. Overall it does just feel like a normal turbo engine to me but maybe I shouldn't make that comparison since I haven't driven too many high power turbo...
  94. shnev91

This is what I've heard. Just wanting confirmation because I have no idea what's happening atm.
  95. shnev91

Anyone got a link to something that will tell me how the **** VTEC works now? I don't understand what it does on the FK2 Type R.... Thanks.
  96. shnev91

S2000 pics (Black mountains Wales)

Here's a few from a recent run out. Will get some of the FK2 when I pickup tomorrow.
Back