• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ash_EP3

FK2 Thinking about selling up

Hi guys, Thanks for the replies. With the minimal interest I've had so far in the fk2... the parts are being stripped soon and are for sale: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?103290-FK2-parts-for-sale&p=1369740#post1369740 Go on, treat yourselves ;)
  2. Ash_EP3

I've seen her as well mate, has MEL at the end of her numberplate...? Yea it's a sad time dude, I'm gonna look at getting a diesel I think, I need to start saving some pennies! Given the amount of interest I've had with the Carbon interior, Eventuri, Remus responder, etc I'm gonna start...
  3. Ash_EP3

Thanks for the replies guys... https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/honda-civic-mk9-i-vtec-type-r-gt-------------2016/8405952 Let's see what happens
  4. Ash_EP3

Hi all, Well I've only owned the FK2 just over 19 months and I'm thinking about selling up - drove a couple of M140i's recently and as a daily car they are deffo a step up compared to the FK2 (and maybe even the FK8 ). Do I try and sell the car with mods on or strip and sell? I've got the...
  5. Ash_EP3

Ash's Polished Metal FK2 (5th Honda, 4th Type R)

Just edited the post as I forgot to say I'd purchased one! Eventuri is all good, makes a deep bellow low down and sounds nuts when you lift off :) I also noticed it feels quicker, my boost gauge goes up to 1.5/1.6 sometimes now :O #eventuriwhore :lol:
  6. Ash_EP3

Small update from me, all my parts have arrived now and I purchased some other bits, including some stuff from Dotty too :) : Eventuri & Eventuri Covers: No problems with the Eventuri intake at all! Need to give the engine cover a polish/clean Number plates: Not yet fitted Sound tester...
  7. Ash_EP3

Ohhh - do tell :) There's no question it's the best to have, I still can't get my head around the price though! I was thinking the heat soak explains the boggyness low down, but it sounded like it was misfiring at high RPM and was popping/banging from the front of the car, rather than out...
  8. Ash_EP3

I've got intercooler/decat fitting in Aug and remap on the 1st of Sept - oh and the missus's birthday end of Aug... so I can't afford one just yet lol. Not that I'm aware of dude, the intake really has played tricks on my car though - engine management lights, oil temp mostly not working...
  9. Ash_EP3

I don't have £960 spare mate lol
  10. Ash_EP3

Just a little update on the fk2 following the issues since fitting the Injen intake... I have since removed the intake and put the standard one back on.. Car drives much better, nice and smooth but doesn't sound anywhere near as good! A friend of mine wanted to have a look and I suggested...
  11. Ash_EP3

Well the following day on the way into work my engine management light came on... Car feels really hesitant low down, I went to my mates garage who plugged in his code checker and said that it was complaining about the primary o2 sensor, reading was low. He unplugged it and cleared the error...
  12. Ash_EP3

FK2 Goodies for the FK2

Hi all, Injen intake, ferodo ds2500s and RBF600 brake fluid arrived today... Thought it would be a good idea to fit the intake (just wanted to hear the noise) and shortly after my oil temp gauge stops working (it was working after I initially had it fitted and was driving around). The oil...
  13. Ash_EP3

Hi all, Injen intake, ferodo ds2500s and RBF600 brake fluid arrived today... Thought it would be a good idea to fit the intake (just wanted to hear the noise) and shortly after my oil temp gauge stops working (it was working after I initially had it fitted and was driving around)...
  14. Ash_EP3

Type R Rivals

Was chatting to a guy with a GTR at Japfest earlier this year, he said if they go wrong you've had it - not much change from 20k if you need a gearbox rebuild... but it's ok, it only costs him £200 a week in fuel driving to/from London :lol: :eek:
  15. Ash_EP3

Yup - sounds good buddy, could do next weekend? There's a bloke local to me who has a black FK2 with a custom exhaust, I will try to find him and ask if he's up for a meet as well... Perhaps we should post a thread up on the meet section? Cheers, Ash
  16. Ash_EP3

Type R Rivals

Hi all, Just thought I'd gauge some interest, in what people think about the Type R's rivals (focusing more on FK2/FK8 ) - has anyone moved on from a type R to the likes of a Golf GTI/R, Focus ST/RS, Megane RS, AMG, etc? Or perhaps the other way around? I know all cars have their good/bad...
  17. Ash_EP3

Type R #11 / polished metal metallic FK2 GT

I'd never even been on their website until I saw this thread... Ordered Remus responder, wind deflectors, airtec intercooler and a t shirt from them since Thursday :lol: I still want to get some carbon goodies although Honda have got them with 50% off (or they did when I ordered), so I'll get...
  18. Ash_EP3

Honda claim the conti sport 6s will only last 4.5k these were on 5.5k and getting pretty low (being a daily and a new motor, it was getting driven a lot)! Thank you! Do it buddy... They are great cars! They just like to chew through brakes and tyres though!
  19. Ash_EP3

Type R #11 / polished metal metallic FK2 GT

Damn you Dotty - after reading this thread after the last couple of days dreams have already had 1k out of my account :lol: Great looking car with some very tasteful mods!
  20. Ash_EP3

Thanks buddy, glad you enjoyed the read. Took me about 2 hours to do it (finding the photos and remembering what I've actually done in the past 12 months)! I do enjoy Combe, gets a bit samey, but it's a great little track!
  21. Ash_EP3

Yea definitely dude. I live on the outskirts of Trowbridge (Trowvegas) now, so you're about an hour away tops.
  22. Ash_EP3

:lol: - what you going for next? Thanks a lot mate :) You local to Bath area?
  23. Ash_EP3

My mate saw you when you had that done, do you have a blue FK2? If so, he said you weren't happy :lol:
  24. Ash_EP3

No just road+ catback, if you have a race system and decat - well over 100db.... So you won't get on at Combe or most race tracks! I think mine will be borderline with the decat on!
  25. Ash_EP3

Made 87 at Combe dude. They asked me to rev at 4.5k and I replied "I wish I could" :lol:
  26. Ash_EP3

That was with the Milltek and panel filter buddy. It was at Surrey rolling road (dyno dynamics)!
  27. Ash_EP3

Hi All, Thought I'd better start one of these really - had the car over a year :lol: Picked the FK2 up back in June 2016 - was proper chuffed (if you can't tell from my cheesy grin :D ) it's an ex-demo from Blade Honda in Chippenham, had 277 miles on the clock (some of those were mine from...
  28. Ash_EP3

FK2 Goodies for the FK2

Well I just made a change to the order, Dream advised me not to get the Forge Boost Pipes, so I have cancelled those and the Forge Intercooler and went for an Airtec Intercooler with the big boost pipes! Should be getting a lot of parcels arriving at work next week lol
  29. Ash_EP3

FK2 Exhaust Performance

Mine made 314 (313.9) and 325 lbs/ft with Milltek road+ catback a few months back!
  30. Ash_EP3

FK2 Goodies for the FK2

Yea I think our figures will be similar... 400bhp would be nuts! I'd worry about clutch slip though! You've got some good mods there, very expensive this tuning malarkey :D I didn't even know Airtec did an intercooler, would you say it's better than a forge one? Oh aye, I'll let you know...
  31. Ash_EP3

FK2 Goodies for the FK2

Yea I'm very excited dude, I'm not sure as they've not been fitted yet... I went through a set of oem front pads in 2 months after doing a track day at castle combe! What mods have you got to get those figures if you don't mind me asking? Do you think I should see similar power? Thanks, Ash
  32. Ash_EP3

FK2 Goodies for the FK2

Hi all, So I've taken the plunge and ordered some goodies for the FK2 :) - please see list below: - Remus Responder - Milltek Decat - Injen intake - Forge intercooler (cancelled - Airtec Intercooler w/big boost pipes instead) - Forge boost hoses (cancelled) - DS2500 pads (Front) - Motul brake...
  33. Ash_EP3

FK2 TDI Tuning box

Yea thought about one of those as well to be honest, I think all that does is improve the throttle response to make it feel quicker, but I doubt it actually is by much.. That's awesome, I had my FK2 dyno'd at Dyno Dynamics and it made 313.9bhp and 325lbs/ft with a pipercross panel filter and...
  34. Ash_EP3

FK2 TDI Tuning box

Hi all, Just curious to know if anyone has fitted one of these yet? https://tdi-tuning.com/car/honda/civic/fk2-20-type-r-306-bhp-310-ps-228-kw-400-nm-295-lbft/crtd4-multi-channel-with-rpm-petrol-tuning-box-chip I'm seriously tempted, even though I know it's not as good as a remap...
  35. Ash_EP3

FK2 FK2 - passenger door card rattle

Hi all, The one and only niggle for my car at the mo... The front passenger door card rattles occasionally if I play a bassy song... I don't play really loud music and although the bass is higher than default, it is not on full! Loudest I've ever had the music was volume 20! If my misses...
  36. Ash_EP3

FK2 Sum up your ownership so far

It's a mixed bag for me definitely, at the age of 29, I'll change up for something a little more grown up (probably something German) in a few years time. I went from a fairly well tuned DC5 (coilovers, geo, intake, exhaust, remap, etc) to the FK2, so as a daily driver it was much, much...
  37. Ash_EP3

FK2 Civic Type R FK2 - Test drive

There is something about grey :) Na it's Blade Honda in Chippenham :smt023
  38. Ash_EP3

FK2 Civic Type R FK2 - Test drive

Hi all, Yesterday I test drove the new civic type R at my local Honda dealership and I have to say I was very impressed! The car is a 65 plate in Polished Metal (Grey) and a GT model - with only 28 miles on the clock! So boring paperwork bit out of the way, we finally get to the car...
  39. Ash_EP3

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 - boosting options!?

Hi all, I'm planning on boosting the teg in the not too distant future (spring/summer next year)... It's currently running 230bhp and setup for fast road/track. The plan was to go the whole hog and get it forged and turbo'd - I've been quoted just over 10k and have been told that should see...
  40. Ash_EP3

Ash_ep3: 2nd ep3 - soon to be gone!

Hi all, It's been ages since I last posted a thread on here so thought I'd write up a new post as I've had a few cars since my last ep3! So back in summer 2012, I sold my last ep3: I fancied a change and wanted to get boost! I decided to sell my ep3 for a cheap price (lost a lot of money...
  41. Ash_EP3

Eibach - Prokit or Sportline kit?

Hi all, Just looking at which springs would be best between the sportline kit and prokit? This is my second ep3 and I only had Spoon springs on first which only lowered the car 20mm... so just wanting something to lower it at least 30mm but don't want it sat on it's arse! Has anyone tried...
  42. Ash_EP3

Looking for another ep3

Well just after a year on from selling my last ep3 I'm looking to buy another... I'm only looking to spend around 4k, my question is should I be looking to get a facelift or pre-facelift for that sort of budget? My last ep3 was a 30AE so I haven't owned a facelift type R but appreciate they...
  43. Ash_EP3

Ash's - Subaru Impreza WRX STI (blob eye)

Cheers for the comments guys... It's a completely different animal to the ep3, the grip off the line and in the bends is second to none - and I'm loving booooooooost! But that's not to say I don't miss the vtec crossover and the high revving (or 30 mpg)! I've just signed up for a group...
  44. Ash_EP3

Yup it's a blob eye - one of the best looking IMO! Yea averaging 21 mpg atm and I've really noticed it in comparison to the ep3!! Tax is the same as the ep3!?
  45. Ash_EP3

Oh forgot to mention the spec... Miltek sports exhaust / sports cat / balanced headers / turbo blanket. ECUTek remaps (November 2007 latest) + rolling road graphic proof (320 bhp). AST sports line adjustable suspension + top mounts. Full Whiteline handling kit, front/rear anti-roll bars +...
  46. Ash_EP3

Well I managed to sell the ep3 for a very cheap price... And a chap from work was selling his scooby at a very reasonable price so I took it for a test drive and snapped it up! Pics: Currently running 320bhp and 300+ lbs/ft.... Still undecided on the wheels... might look...
  47. Ash_EP3

Well I think the clutch has finally had enough...

As far as I know it's on the standard clutch... I was advised @ Honda that they tend to go between 50-100k I've got a new clutch kit at home so in some ways I'm hoping it is the clutch!!!
  48. Ash_EP3

Well I think the clutch has finally had enough...

On the way home tonight I had to stop off @ a garage and pick up some bits for the mrs... On the bypass before the 24hr garage I overtook a car (bit of 2nd and 3rd gear vtec) and once I got into the garage there was smoke and the smell of burning was hurrendous! I noticed that the oil temp...
  49. Ash_EP3

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

Wow, just wow! This makes me wanna keep mine and spend even more monies on it!
  50. Ash_EP3

Occasional Grey/Black Smoke when under heavy load...

Gruppe M, RBC Inlet, DC Sports 4-2-1 header, Spoon B pipe, Spoon N1, K100 = 240.6 bhp & 172lbs/ft
  51. Ash_EP3

Occasional Grey/Black Smoke when under heavy load...

Hi all, On the way back from work recently a colleague of mine said that my car was smoking a fair bit (grey - black smoke, engine was cold, no vtec was engaged, revved to 4k max). And later on nearing home (when the car was warmed up) he said that it was very sooty when I hit vtec and changed...
  52. Ash_EP3

Ep3 brake caliper position

Recently I met up with an old mate of mine who I haven't seen since school... Being a car buff he started talking about his car (Audi a3 1.8t) and then moved onto giving his verdict on the ep3 and my car... and the first thing he said was oh the brake calipers look like they are in the wrong...
  53. Ash_EP3

Next-gen Civic Type R – Auto Express mag request

Could have sworn I read it's gonna be boosted + vtec :)! Aiming for 250bhp IIRC Oh and a 5-door only!
  54. Ash_EP3

Pic request: FRSU on Spoon / Eibach springs

Cheers pal, yea can't really notice it that much - but I guess that could just be those pics!? I told a few local lads about the settings and they were like "Oh my god that'll munch through tyres" :|
  55. Ash_EP3

Pic request: FRSU on Spoon / Eibach springs

Hi chaps, As above - my mate is fitting my Spoon springs and camber arms/bolts on Monday and I just wanted to see what they look like with the springs and FRSU (-1 degree Cam if possible...) I told a few mates of mine that I was gonna go with the recommended FRSU setup (as recommended here...
  56. Ash_EP3

Ash ep3's Championship White Honda Civic Type R 30th Anni - parts from japan pg7

Hi chaps, Haven't updated this for a while... Finally got my parts from Japan! Wind deflectors and Spoon exhaust bung are on/in :) Exhaust bung definately removes the droney noise @ 2500rpm but also restricts performance :( At present I've still got the following to fit: - Spoon...
  57. Ash_EP3

Problem with my mate's ep3

Thanks for the reply Chris, my mate has checked all fuses and they are ok... he's taking it to the garage tomorrow for further investigation!
  58. Ash_EP3

Problem with my mate's ep3

Hi Chaps, Just wondering if you can help my friend who's been having problems with his ep3 as of yesterday / today... The scenario is as follows (copy and paste from his email): This is the sequence of events that appear to have killed my car! 1) Used immobiliser to open door and got...
  59. Ash_EP3

Fitting Spoon N1 sub-silencer

Hi folks, As part of my delivery from Japan I also received my Spoon N1 sub-silencer (to try and quiet things down a bit). I did a trial run the other day and found 2 issues: - The nut/screw supplied is too big for the hole in the n1 :mad: - Once the bung is in it's an absolute pig to get...
  60. Ash_EP3

Fitting JDM wind deflectors

Hi folks, I recently got my delivery of parts from Japan :) (thanks Touge)! And I haven't got the foggiest idea of how to fit these JDM wind deflectors (yes, I am a noob :oops:)... Please help!
  61. Ash_EP3

JamesT's Premier EP3...

Glad you are enjoying your prem ep3 mate... saw the vid of your exhaust on the book of faces :lol: We need to meet up soon so I can see this up close!
  62. Ash_EP3

best springs for ep3

Eibach / Spoon / Tein tbh... all roughly lower the same and IIRC they are all progressive!
  63. Ash_EP3

Bedding in a new clutch

Well chaps, I've finally purchased a new clutch kit (managed to get it for £186 inc VAT :D ). I believe it's the one for the facelift ep3 although I doubt that'll make any difference... My question is do I need to bed it in for a certain amount of miles? Thanks in advance!
  64. Ash_EP3

FRSU - check setup

Yea no worries pal.
  65. Ash_EP3

FRSU - check setup

With any luck Carson's (Carson Tyres) in Bowerhill mate... they have a pretty decent system their to use for tracking, camber etc...
  66. Ash_EP3

Milano Red Paint Restorer? Help

To follow what Jordbalboa said (IIRC) it's due to Honda using ***** UV protection within the Lacquer which fades the red pigment in the paint underneath the lacquer so no amount of polishing will resolve it :( Mine was stupidly bad so I ended up getting it resprayed in Champ White and have...
  67. Ash_EP3

FRSU - check setup

Thanks mate... I knew I had seen that thread before ;)
  68. Ash_EP3

FRSU - check setup

Well it's a daily drive mate so nothing too aggressive as I don't want to be forking out for a new set of FK452's every couple of months :lol: I think someone said -1 camber all round is the usual setup for an ep3 but not entirely sure...
  69. Ash_EP3

FRSU - check setup

Well of course ;) There is a tyre place up the road from me... they have a laser system up there so I'm thinking if I get the settings off someone from here then I can provide them with it and they can just change it accordingly....
  70. Ash_EP3

FRSU - check setup

Hi folks, Yet another noobie question (sorry :rolleyes:).. I just wanted to check that I have everything ready for FRSU: - Spoon Springs - SPC rear camber arms - SPC front camber bolts - JDM RARB (inc bushes and drop links) - Geometery setup (I still need to identify the recommended setup for...
  71. Ash_EP3

Creaking noise from Steering!?

Ok cheers mate - worst case scenario I'll need a new steering rack?
  72. Ash_EP3

Creaking noise from Steering!?

Any ideas chaps? I'm gonna get my mate to thoroughly go through the car at some point as there is already a knocking noise from the front left :( and now it's bloody creaking at me!? :confused: Thanks in advance!
  73. Ash_EP3

Ash ep3's Championship White Honda Civic Type R 30th Anni - parts from japan pg7

It's cable tied around the rear strut brace and there is also sticky velcro pads on the back of the seat/sub to ensure it doesn't flop over ;)
  74. Ash_EP3

My EP3 updated with pics

Very, very nice mate
  75. Ash_EP3

To be honest mate I don't know...? I purchased it from JamesT 2nd hand.. perhaps he can enlighten you! Well I managed to pick up all of my parts 2nd hand at a good price so yes for me it was worth it... the torque and power both rise together once you hit vtec and it's a nice little surge tbh...
  76. Ash_EP3

Another tiny update... Got my sub fitted yesterday :D (big thanks to JamesT and his mate)... they were paid in food (as always :lol: ) It's only a small Pioneer 150w sub but it does the job perfectly... nice and subtle, enough bass to keep you happy but not too much that the whole car rattles...
  77. Ash_EP3

Do I really need a sub?

I provided the car, the sub and most importantly the KFC :lol:
  78. Ash_EP3

Do I really need a sub?

Allen, JamesT and his mate helped me fit the sub yesterday and I am really impressed with it... I also took a few pics last night (sorry not best quality) As you can see takes up barely any room!! I'd also like to add that you do infact need to buy another cable (RCA lead) to fit this :)
  79. Ash_EP3

Hi mate, yep bumpers off and sprayed seperately.. the only things still red are the engine bay, boot floor and chassis
  80. Ash_EP3

Cheers pal.. there's a couple of slight 'imperfections' but nothing major... overall I am chuffed! Cheers mate.. yea much prefer the white over the milano red (pink in my case)
  81. Ash_EP3

I've ordered some of those and side skirt stickers from Mook on here mate.. should get them / put on soon ;)
  82. Ash_EP3

Cheers mate... yea Spoon Springs / Camber arms/bolts are on order in prep for the FRSU ;)
  83. Ash_EP3

Door shuts and boot surround done.. the engine bay is still red though :(
  84. Ash_EP3

Like Chris and Shaenei said.. change the colour section on the V5 and send to DVLA... (that reminds me.. better get mine posted today :D )
  85. Ash_EP3

£1100 including refurbing and spraying the wheels too ;)
  86. Ash_EP3

Thanks pal, I haven't had my car for almost 2 weeks and driving it again today made me realise how bloody loud it is :(
  87. Ash_EP3

So... picked up the car at lunch time today and wow! Took a few pics: Covered in bird sh*t and dead flies already :lol: Thanks for looking :)
  88. Ash_EP3

JamesT's JDM DC2 Integ... EP3 here omgz.

So looking forward to the sound of vtec in a vert!!! (that of course when you take me for a blast)
  89. Ash_EP3

JamesT's JDM DC2 Integ... EP3 here omgz.

Onwards and upwards mate :)
  90. Ash_EP3

Good news... the car has been resprayed today :D I did however have to drive it 4 miles to the spray booth looking like this.... :o :lol: Got a few strange looks and there was no sound deadening at all.. and on full chat it sounded like a racing car from the inside :cool: Will post more...
  91. Ash_EP3

Do I really need a sub?

I uprated the speakers in mine for some JBL GTO speakers (front and rear) and I must say the sound improvement is much better than the standard speakers (they literally are like paper... :evil:) Did you have a sub previously? I used to have a fully uprated sound system in my old car and missed...
  92. Ash_EP3

My DC2 - Type R number 5

Enjoyed reading your write up of the different Type R's you've had over the years... I think the ep3 is the most common because it ticks the most boxes for your 'average driver'! It's by no means the best, but it's one of! When you picking up the next motor?
  93. Ash_EP3

Lee's CTR

Looks like a nice clean example.. you going to Japfest in May?
  94. Ash_EP3

Stoo's '03 Artic Blue JRSC DC5

:lol:
  95. Ash_EP3

Stoo's '03 Artic Blue JRSC DC5

Stu, Can I recommend the next 1/4 mile vid you do to list the mods in the description? :lol:
  96. Ash_EP3

Weird question, how much difference will 40bhp make?

Yea I think it actually revs to 8800rpm (according to the print out) so yea they do over read a little bit. I would also recommend if you do get the K100 put on wait until you get the other mods before mapping otherwise you won't feel the 'full' effect when it's all done ;)
  97. Ash_EP3

Weird question, how much difference will 40bhp make?

Mine felt much quicker after it had been mapped... it's more the 60-100mph you'll notice the bigger difference.. I too raced a mates mildly tuned ep3 (filter and exhaust) and it was pretty much neck and neck until 100+ (on a private road of course :rolleyes: )... Vid of mine after it had been...
Back