• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

Suits' Cosmic EP3 - ***Oil Leak 08/09/23

Suits! Legendary car, legendary member!
  2. T

Type R #11 / polished metal metallic FK2 GT

Been guest viewing for a couple years it feels like. Good **** man - the purple FD2 also. When are the wheels going on this?
  3. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Finally got an opportunity to give the car it's first proper wash - you know the kind that allows you to remove sh!t, pull things apart, get in to all the nooks and crannies and just generally give the car a good going over, inside and out. Very happy with the inspection. Nothing untoward...
  4. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Thanks Darren. Appreciate your appreciation. :)
  5. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

So... After the disappointment of this: And looking like this: Which cost me a brand new headlight, new grille and a bumper/bonnet respray 4 days after buying it. :mad: I added some brand new mats: And a Skunk 2 Gear Knob in addition to lowering her on some ABP Eibachs (pics for these...
  6. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Cheers man - I got this done in the end. Disconnected it and literally shoved the end of a wrench up the hose to "plug" it. Worked a charm!
  7. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Thanks mate, and good choice :) For me it was always Silver or Champ White - Milano fade worries me a bit plus it's a bit loud/lairy - lovely colour though but I don't want that kind of attention anymore; having said that, not sure if you saw the latest developments with my thread but even...
  8. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Ah... I see.. I get you man. I though you meant plug, as in plug it in to something - however you mean "plug" as in stop the flow of washer by any means... like plugging a gap/hole. Got you. So basically disconnect at the horn area and "plug"/"block off" the hose? Thanks for that.
  9. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Thanks dude. So, what, you're saying I disconnect the hose from roughly where the horn is and feed it back into itself/washer bottle? I get what you mean, just not necessarily how it works in theory. I've saved the pic for reference and will have a nose around again.
  10. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

@Loxy or anyone familiar with the FN2 bumper - how would I disconnect the HID washers from the bumper, if I wanted to remove the bumper? Thanks in advance. In other news: - Skunk 2 On: Nice but I'd prefer it to sit lower. If I wind it all the way down without the OEM or Skunk lock nut, the...
  11. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Cheers fellas - it was lovely, until some c*nt decided to do this to my bonnet, marking my grille and bumper in the process: Gutted - I don't even have the V5 back in my name. It doesn't look like someone's hit it, it looks like someone has deliberately had a go at getting at my...
  12. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Thanks mate - I assure you it is; thoroughly decent in fact. I agree, it's a minefield when you go viewing from randoms.
  13. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Cheers mate - gutted about your S2K; loved the way you had modded that. :( As for the Oil cap? Is it up for sale in the FS section? I'll have a look, although I'm kinda steering clear of "modding" and focussing more on clean OEM+ spec. I'll have a butcher's.
  14. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Ah. Baller status. Couldn't find a decent CW within reasonable price or distances while I was looking. Sounds like it's a decent project though. 35K is nothing. That should be some trip man. San Fran, LA & Vegas. Yeah. I'll get my new bits on, bide a bit of time, then probably look at the...
  15. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Purchases, there have been purchases! I mentioned that there was very little wrong with motor - however one of those annoyances is the Gear-knob; it's not marked as you'd expect i.e usual wedding ring scratches, mine some how has turned black in a patch where you'd usually keep your thumb on...
  16. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Yeah, I think that's exactly what I'll do - doesn't feel at all like she's in need of a clutch but with her sitting on 60K (one of the higher mileages, albeit not very high at all, I've bought in my time) I expect it's something I may end up having to tend to during ownership. For real...
  17. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Thanks mate. I'm convinced that it is (clean) - buying these days is like a minefield. Some real dogs out there.
  18. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Ah! Cheers - so it's worth holding on to. Decent. As for the Fugen and Seeker rep cars, it was inevitable as the price of the FN2 comes down. I'm kinda beyond that elitist BS though now. Seen some of the cars actually and I think they look very nice. I'm not looking to really modify my car...
  19. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Models I meant, not plates sorry - because I had a 2008 model on an 09 plate - 2010 model, not plate... sorry. Yeah, various threads in which you have posted actually but post April 2010 cars are the LSD cars. Yeah I don't think it will have an LSD then. :( I didn't realise that they revised...
  20. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Think you might be right actually :oops: - for some reason I thought the 2009 models with the HID's and USB also had the LSD, further reading on Civinfo leads me to believe it's the '10-plates. I haven't pushed it because of the weather and I picked up late last night plus my commute is only...
  21. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

So, yeah, as I mentioned in my previous post I picked up an FN2 this weekend. The weather has been horrible so I haven't had an opportunity to grab any of my own pics but here are some from the advert. It's a 59-plate 2009 GT model featuring the all important factory HID's, washers...
  22. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Thanks for the general 'Welcome backs' - good to be back. I prefer the normal CW's over the M200's dude; part of that is down to the premium they command (over a normal CW) but more so because I prefer the White on White, that, plus I don't much like the look of the Lightening wheels or the...
  23. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Very few available on the market - Of the ones that are, only one of those is sub-80K miles (I'd want nearer 50K) and the advert literally has 5 pics with an amazing description that says: "2 OWNERS, WHITE (no **** sherlock), £8,720". Erm yeah... The cars nice but at least try selling it to me...
  24. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

What happened to the R33? Thanks for the welcome (back). No, if I'm honest, I think I'm done with the JDM scene points. More doors is definitely appealing but the premium that they command is too rich for my pocket. They fall within budget (just about) but it'd be towards the lower end of the...
  25. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Hi guys, Rather presumptuously thought I'd mark a space for #5. Don't have it yet, or know what colour I want it to be in either but during the 3 years in which I've been absent from the fold, I bought a house, had another kid, played a hell of a lot of Call of Duty and Pro Evolution whilst...
  26. T

Type R #9 CW FD2

Wow. This is like amazing.
  27. T

Our black FK2

Wowser, clogging up the website browser. Looks menacing. Enjoy
  28. T

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Fcking wow. This is proper gangster. Congrats on the acquisition - some of the cars you spoke about in your post introducing the R8 too, jeez. Enjoy it man.
  29. T

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

This is really nice. Being a pedant, I'd have gone for different harnesses to the TOM's however - TOM's are epic, of course, but being a Toyota tuner doesn't sit well with my OCD! Need more pics though - interior and exterior!
  30. T

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Thumbs up on the Stack gauges.
  31. T

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Wut? What happened to the Estoril Blue BM? This is really nice though - congrats on the acquisition man. I am still yet to see one of these on the road (seen a few at the dealers of course)
  32. T

Type R #9 CW FD2

Ballin'
  33. T

Loxy's Estoril Blue F20 M135i LCI - Another car that never was

Estoril Blue is the best BMW colour IMO. Estoril Blue E36 M3's were the one when I was growing up. It was the 'bad man' car LOL. Had to have the 5-spoke Evos too.
  34. T

Type R #9 CW FD2

Amazing update. This looks great man. Love the way it sits poised on the Spoon springs.
  35. T

Type R #9 CW FD2

Bump - people getting their motors ready for JAE - any developments?
  36. T

S2KIP's S2000

Wow.
  37. T

CRZ GT

Man, that tree in your garden is awesome.
  38. T

FN2 Mugen 20 for sale

Mugen tuned/built (all those parts to boot) and 1 of 20 on road (less if you factor Honda owns one, maybe Mugen too?); I'd prefer this over the new R all day long. Congrats on your acquisition. Interested too see what Mugen does with the new one though :)
  39. T

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I think all of the colours have their own charm Metallic and Blue are my favourites (in that order) Black looks fantastic and rather menacing - also great for hiding aspects of the styling that I don't quite like. Champ White is Champ White afterall and Red has always looked great on Rs -...
  40. T

Robs Cw Fk2

Good to see a thread up for one of these! Great pics. Gutting about alloy!
  41. T

CheatsIP5 JDM EP3

Your username is amazing.
  42. T

CheatsIP5 JDM EP3

Stunning. That's the one to own.
  43. T

I agree. Maybe 3-4 years ago; now however, I'd feel awkward getting out of something that looked like that. A bit too much for me. Front end looks amazing, better in the metal, but the back end is not for me at all, yet to see a pic or an angle or an in the flesh sight that shows it in a...
  44. T

I popped down to Honda yesterday to have a look. Some car, indeed. Looking at it objectively, it needs to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated but I'm still not convinced on the back end. I managed to see all but the Metallic Silver/Grey - Blue looks the best IMO (but I have a feeling...
  45. T

Nice, well in Loxy! Just found this on Civinfo - I think I like the black best, it seems to mask aspects of the styling that I don't quite like which are more noticeable on other colours. :)
  46. T

Agree. Lessons learnt through experience. Part of the reason I'd never buy a brand new car again. I don't have the balls to drop £30K up front (would rather stick it on another property) - and I've always been against credit, more so for a car for the reasons outlined in your post i.e...
  47. T

Yeah, this. I spoke to my dealer about figures yesterday - just nah. I'll see what prices are like in the future and look at the used market... Mind, isn't this Type-R only available for a short time before the next-gen is phased in?
  48. T

Get a thread up and post some pics - congrats on the acquisition mate.
  49. T

S2KIP's S2000

Ha Ha - I'm not as regular on here as I used to be, and I thought it was early/mid August. But wow - it looks amazing - that tyre gel though! :) I'm not surprised in how the parts have combined to tighten the handling - I bet the car is a real weapon.
  50. T

S2KIP's S2000

When's this booked in for coils, wheels, calipers etc. Chris - cannot wait to see the result; it's going to look and perform immensely, I'm sure.
  51. T

Type R #9 CW FD2

What are you driving now mate? Last I remember, you sold the EP3 after a prang?
  52. T

S2KIP's S2000

Kinda glad to hear that the PF01's didn't work out - CE28's are amazing, I hear the exchange rate is far better than in years gone by! I remember the bronze set that I had on my EP. CE28's will be awesoome. Although it'd have been nice to have seen these Enkei's in particular on an S2K.
  53. T

S2KIP's S2000

Incredible laps! I don't think I'd have the balls to pax-lap with him. Despite the confidence he has in his abilty and the car, the laps are very quick. The high-speed undulations which form about 60-70% of the track bring about a natural caution just watching the lap, I don't know if I could...
  54. T

Loxy's Type R #4

Understood - I actually had the 15mm on my own FN2 with OEM wheels and always wished I had went for the ABP's/lower variants. But you're right, I myself recall hearing about the tension on the driveshafts from lower springs - must admit, I had had forgotten that it was an issue on the FN2...
  55. T

Loxy's Type R #4

Nice progress. This has come on fast! How's the fitting on the Mugen gear? My guess is exemplary right? Not a fan of the wing as such; IMO you have the best of the Mugen FN2 aero - mind you, the fenders and bonnet are tasty too. I think I prefer the C/W OEM's over the Lightnings. I see you...
  56. T

T.G's Purple Pearl FD2.

Very nice. The Mugen Lip has a real nice presence.
  57. T

JamesT's Facelift DC5 - Kakimoto exhaust & Bilstein coilovers fitted

Yeah. Love the way it looked though. Was sick. Still no slouch in the corners for what I needed. It was a multiple Hayes-by-Pass to Heathrow Gran Prix winning vehicle :)
  58. T

Yeah... regret letting my DC5 go now... but had to be done at the time. Got the house, but seeing you and Raven getting bits done in addition to seeing a couple pass through my area in the last 2-3 days, got me missing my old Teg - hope you don't mind :D
  59. T

Nice straight-arms, tubes! It's coming together nicely man. What you got planned next, mod-wise?
  60. T

Some angles really let the car down IMO.
  61. T

S2KIP's S2000

Man, shame about the Enkei's. I agree though, sod painting a spanking set of wheels. Avoid. Not keen on the black either. Look forward to seeing where the budget goes. Shame though, was looking forward to seeing the PF01's in silvery on your car.
  62. T

S2KIP's S2000

Glad you went for the Silver PF-01's. Gonna look immense with the rear's dished - remind me, is the car lowered?
  63. T

Ste's E92 M3 coupe evolve stage 2

Best car you've owned, Ste? If not, what trumps it? (The Cayman?)
  64. T

Type R #9 CW FD2

This is nice man - good progress in a short time too. Look forward to seeing how this pans out - if it follows anything like the same path as your last Teg, it's gonna be sick. Knowing that it's a better base car too. OMG.
  65. T

Nice Chris - no full-body shots for the side-profile junkies?
  66. T

ITR MARKS EJ9 b18R

Nice Mark. My old B18C!
  67. T

Nighthawk Black Integra Type R DC5

Nice, Modulo lip kit aswell :)
  68. T

Front end looks amazing. Front on and side on. Back end is a let down.
  69. T

These look pretty sick. Bet they have more presence in the flesh than some of the pictures are showing. For example, the red here looks so much better than the one dweezle posted above.
  70. T

Loxy's Type R #4

Nice - get some updates of your Teg up on the DC5 forum. Not seen any activity in your thread, when I lurk ITR-DC5.
  71. T

Loxy's Type R #4

So you in for one of these new CTR's or you still moving to an FD2?
  72. T

Ste's E92 M3 coupe evolve stage 2

Yeah same, I'd have yours over that all day long. Yours is f*cking gorgeous. There's a red one by me (pretty rare IMO) subtly done with OEM's in black and black detailing - it gets my exhaust erect everytime I see (and hear) it go by. Mental.
  73. T

Loxy's Type R #4

Grown on me loads since release. Keen to see the production vehicle in black with red-trim/detail. Going to be sick if the TV ad is anything to go by. (How sick does that NSX sound at the end :D ) Still out of my price-range and still have reservations about some of the styling elements. It's a...
  74. T

Not a red H, but my Moonrock S2000 - AIR RIDE PAGE 19

I said sick, not repulsive ;) The collection of mods is outstanding.
  75. T

Loxy's Type R #4

This is nice. Always preferred the drop of these springs to the more conservative Pro-Kit which I had on my own FN2. For some reason, when you mentioned placing a deposit in the OP, I thought it was on the new Type-R (not sure if you mentioned elsewhere on the forum that you were looking at...
  76. T

I quite like exaggerated body kits and what not, but this just looks like a Ripspeed extravaganza. For some reason it reminds me of art and crafts using cereal boxes. Maybe it'll look better in the flesh. :)
  77. T

It's a bit of weird target-market I think. The type of bods with £30K in their pocket aren't necessarily looking to drive something looking like this. There will be some, of course there will.. The guys that love it/want it probably can't afford it. £30K is a lot of money... It does look...
  78. T

The way the bum slopes off is exacerbated by the puny spoiler. FFS. It (bum) just rounds off like a Nissan Micra. Not the case on the concept as it is offset by that huge rear wing.
  79. T

It's the spoiler.. Kills it. Too small and looks "after thought"... Rest isn't too bad.
  80. T

It's not that bad.. I agree. Spoiler completely ruins it... No flow... Not proportionately sized... Looks an after thought IMHO. Worth a test drive at least :D
  81. T

The link I posted is pretty clear :?
  82. T

Lame: http://www.evo.co.uk/honda/civic-type-r/15399/honda-civic-type-r-2015-preview-306bhp-and-0-60-in-57-seconds
  83. T

So the styling resembles the test mule? (Can't access stream link from the office) Cheers in advance.
  84. T

FFS. I'm just thinking, if it was basically going to be the test-mule body-kit all along, what the chuff have they been working on, aesthetically, all this time?
  85. T

If it is as the pictures suggest... Kinda glad I can't afford it. Had it been more akin to the concept I'd have contemplated my options. I was hopeful that it would be (as extreme as the concept) as there were very little actual differences, if any, between the concept FN2 and production...
  86. T

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Lovely.
  87. T

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Sort the wheels? LOL... Those are Weds. You're already sorted for wheels. Good acquisition. Edit: Whoops, just seen the last page where you find out they're Wedsports.
  88. T

Jack's Cosmic Grey EP3 Premier Edition!

This is cracking example!
  89. T

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Jesus... that is a lot. Great car though. I'm certain my spending never got near that much. I spent quite a bit too though and, in hindsight, would say now that it really wasn't worth it. Got sucked in; the desire to do it rarer, genuine and more uniquely kept fuelling the frivolous funding...
  90. T

What's it worth..

Yeah - strip it, although it has to be said; this is a lovely example. The Tracers are rare. Very nice JDM wheels.
  91. T

lolbags... I hope this is not true.
  92. T

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

That is wonderful.
  93. T

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

That's a 4th Gen.
  94. T

Jonnyplusone's 05 Cosmic EP3

Very nice - this looks lowered already... are you sure that it isn't already on springs? Either that, or the boot is full!
  95. T

17x8

Will be fine - my Advans were 17 x 8 ET35 and lowered about 90mm
  96. T

I personally believe that the spoiler will make the final design.
  97. T

Newby - SS Prem with AME TM02's

Nice. The Tracers look sick - first EP I have seen sporting these. :cool: Interested to see how this develops - keep us updated with your progress.
  98. T

Seen.. seen. Nice Teg. Give me a shout when you're down this way!
Back