• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Hi guys, Rather presumptuously thought I'd mark a space for #5. Don't have it yet, or know what colour I want it to be in either but during the 3 years in which I've been absent from the fold, I bought a house, had another kid, played a hell of a lot of Call of Duty and Pro Evolution whilst...
  2. T

My EK4

I don't really know where to start.. as this has been a bit of an eye-opening build... But I own an EK4 now... I'll post back with updates. It's just under-going some mad overhaul work ATM.. I've got a notorious B18C from a 96-spec ITR, which I'm carrying out prep work for, before I look to...
  3. T

Back with a bang-er...

So my hunt for what I want next (I've decided BTW - but I'm still looking for a tidy example) went a bit off course and took me to Milton Keynes to avail an unmissable opportunity, because there aren't many around any more - and I've got a soft spot for old Hondas... Anyway I present my 1987...
  4. T

TypeRiter's DC5

So, I'm on the hunt for a 5. Here's the EP3 ATM - as stock as OXO, and as stock as I can return it to. :(
  5. T

Definitive guide to EP3 bumpers, lips, and grilles

Hi guys, There is a wealth of information dotted around the forum, however much of it is posted in various one-off threads created by curious members - especially the new ones - who do not use the search function. :) So... I thought I would use this thread as a reference guide for anyone...
  6. T

Crash query

TRO'ers, You might know that someone shunted my Type-R in the rear on Monday. My car looks to require a new rear bumper and lower lip spoiler. I've not had a chance to whip the bumper off and inspect the crash/impact beam. So not sure how detrimental the shunt was to the actual chassis. I...
  7. T

I think I'm starting to really like these..

:? :? :? :? :? Apparently, the handling makes it a very involving drive, despite the lack of actual power. I'm holding off taking a test drive, incase I get the sudden urge to buy one LOL.
  8. T

DC2 DB8 DC5 How can I order DC5 parts via Honda?

Guys, As per the thread header; how can this be done? I know from past experience (converting my premier edition EP3, to pre-facelift) that it was possible to provide a registration number for a pre-face car and use that to order the parts I wanted; it's not the same for the DC5 though. I...
  9. T

Pre-facelift Bumper

Guys, Just about to order one off of Lings; just a quick check - to see if I covered all bases before I do. I have all of the original clips, screws and bolts from my exisiting Face-lift set-up. Bumper definitely fits - Check. I don't have fog-lights, is this something to...
  10. T

V8 Powered EK

http://buildthreads.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/civette-ls1-powered-civic/ Quite old, but one for anyone interested. :) Edit: Quick browse of the site throws up some interesting builds. Mid-engined RWD Integra on there.
  11. T

FN2 LSD's for all FN2's

Apparently FN2's ordered from May onwards will come with an LSD as standard in any colour :) So if you're getting one, hold off and re-order :) Although, there probably will be a cost implication, but I'm not sure what it is. Wonder what this does to the price of the C/W - surely this...
  12. T

Caliper/Brake Fluid Advice

Guys, Done my calipers over the last couple of days; tried to be thorough and did a reasonable job. I had the caliper free from the disc, but still attached to the hose. Pads out etc. etc. I removed both of the safety bolts, the ones, where you'd only normally remove the bottom one...
  13. T

Not sure where to post this.. but

As it's Fluid/coolant Rad type related... I thought I'd stick it here.. :? Fitting my Rad cap today and I noticed this behind my Mugen Grille - is this an issue? Car's been running well, fine infact - but noticed this and wanted to get some clarifcation on what could happen if it were to...
  14. T

iPhone log-in issues since yesterday eve.

Hey guys, Not sure whether it's been identified, but I've been having log-in problems via iPhone, since last night. The box is ticked to keep me logged in at all times. Standard. So it's normally a case of clicking on the forum icon/app - and then TRO-ing. However each time last night...
  15. T

Changing the Throttle Cable

Does anyone have an idea of how I could do this? Of concern are getting the cable through the bulkhead and to the pedal. And how I'd remove the cable at the other end from the throttle body. Basically the whole job then :p. Seriously though, any advice appreciated - as TGM reckon it's a £50...
  16. T

Changing the Cam Cover

Couldn't find anything on this, suprisingly - probably becuase it's dead easy :lol::oops: or not done that often (which is what I'm telling myself :lol:) Just wanted to ask, whether anyone has any pointers.. A quick butchers suggest it's a case of removing the 10mm bolts and sorting out the...
  17. T

Up the revs..

Guys, I'm not sure where to start in regard to a search on this fault - as I've read many threads relating to groans, hums, whirrs etc. etc. kind of similar, but different - kind of different but similar - that sort of thing, so excuse it, if it is a common thing, that others might have touched...
  18. T

CR-Z Type-R in the offing?

Possibly to be taken with a pinch of salt - but you guys may find this interesting :) http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/248239/hondas_new_crz_type_r.html
  19. T

TypeRiter's Stolen Prem.. Updated...

Some kunt has nicked my Type-R. Forced entry.... Taken spare key... and £50 that was on the lounge table... (That's all that I have discovered thusfar) I have a mixture of emotions.. Raging! But I also feel like crying.. I've spent so much ££££ in trying to finally end up with an EP3...
  20. T

Mugen MF10's

Guys, I know these (Mugen MF10's) have been discontinued, and like a lot of the Jap Wheels I'm aware of what these used to go for/can fetch. Does anybody know where I would be able to source a set, used I'm sure, in mint condition? Looking 17". I'm aware of the Rota Circuit 10's and their...
  21. T

Lairy Coloured Wheels

Guys, I have searched and found tons of threads regarding wheel colours/wheel colour choices, but couldn't find anything definitive in reference to 'Lairy' Wheel Colours - although there are some examples about the place. I know it's probably a couple years old, the mad colour wheels fad...
  22. T

I've finally done it - Now I've got to wait for it!

Having posted in a different thread, it lead me to type this up. I've flirted with the idea of an EP3 for a while - and really should have purchased one instead of my FN2 - Since buying my FN I have always hesitated to pursue my interest in an EP due to the fact that I have outstanding finance...
  23. T

FN2 Mugen FN2 to be made White and @ £39k

As per a thread on Civinfo - for those of you interested this was released not too long ago. Credit to Pottsy off of Civinfo. And EvoStu, whom I believe to have also confirmed the info.
  24. T

FN2

Hype
  25. T

Takata Green

Anyone kind enough to provide me with a decent match/details of the paintcode for Takata Green (or a good approximate match) - (For powdercoating purposes?) Or is it just a case of unclipping me Harnesses and comparing them to a catalogue full of the colour green? I'm after the advice...
  26. T

FN2 Disgraceful owner C/W - sickened me!

As posted on another forum, by myself: So as many of you may have read in my other thread - I have been at the dealers for warranty issues, that the techs are struggling to resolve. Yesterday I went back to my dealer twice. As I was leaving for the evening, finally... I noticed a CW, the...
  27. T

I've had it!

Right, after the initial delight of taking delivery of my Nighthawk Black Honda Civic Type-R GT - I have had it, upto here *wherever here is* with my bug riddled, fault plagued, only good for it's gearbox and engine combo, car. In exactly 4-months and 1 days of ownership, encompassing...
  28. T

FN2 Seats

Is anyone able to advise on the removing/installation of aftermarket seats in the FN2 CTR? Keen to get some buckets for the fronts, but I'm not really a DIY man, and am not entirely sure how to tackle whatever electrics there maybe beneath the seats - setbelt weight sensor etc. Any...
Back