• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

The time has come to sell but for how much?

Thanks for the feedback. Fingers crossed!
  2. S

I got the car on sale here, Pistonheads and now Autotrader and I've not had any real interest. I've now dropped the price too so what is wrong with my Adverts? Can anyone help? This is the Ad http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?80499-Honda-EP3-Type-R-2002-Silver-108-000-£2750
  3. S

Car is now for sale in the Cars For Sale section here and on Pistonheads. Thanks for your help.
  4. S

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to watch a few around the £3000 mark and see how quickly they go.
  5. S

I'm looking to sell my EP3 after a couple of years of happy ownership, but I've no idea how much I will get for it. It's a 2002 (02) EP3 with 104,000 miles on the clock, Air con, iPod dock, 4 x RE050A's with a reasonable amount of tread, service history, recently serviced and 4 months plus on...
  6. S

heavy braking problem

I had this which was fixed by replacing the rear disks and pads. I get them all checked as my problem was uneven wear that could only be seen by taking the rear pads out.
  7. S

ETO Sat Nav unit

I've had experience with other sat nav units like that and I'd stay well clear.
  8. S

Flicker Free LED Sidelights

£7.10 for one £12.78 for a pair.
  9. S

£12.78 doesn't seem that expensive to me? Worth a go at that price. Thanks.
  10. S

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

2002 MY02 101K
  11. S

You can not help any time Joe. It's not just Honda's either as I saw a MK4 Golf with both sides flickering yesterday.
  12. S

High Speed Braking Vibration

Finally got this fixed so I thought I'd share with the group. It was a rear brake pad that had worn down unevenly. Just had my rear discs and pads done which has fixed it. The rears got a clean bill of health from Honda too!
  13. S

I've tried two different types of LED sidelights and they have both started flickering after a month or two. Standard bulbs are fine and will last months so I don't think it's the wiring. Can anyone recommend some that will last at least a year without flickering?
  14. S

Induction kits and the MOT

Mine is easy to remember now. Same as my tax ;)
  15. S

Induction kits and the MOT

I went six months over. I don't know why they don't send a reminder?
  16. S

Drivers Side Cup Holder Rattle!

Managed to fix it by stuffing a Sainsbury's bag in there. Not the most elegant of fixes but at least it works. Picture attached for those who want to try this fix themselves ;)
  17. S

Drivers Side Cup Holder Rattle!

I've got a very annoying drivers side cup holder rattle that I just can't seem to fix! It's the pull out cup holder to the right of the steering wheel. It's fine when I pull the cup holder out or press on it but when it's in with no pressue it rattles constantly. So far I've tried anti-rattle...
  18. S

Hello there! Spare me a trinket of your wisdom!

It was the works mate. They even changed the rear wiper in the price. I'll take a look and get the full run down if you want mate. If you pm me i'll give you the dealer name if you want?
  19. S

Hello there! Spare me a trinket of your wisdom!

My 75k service only cost me £310 and that was only a year ago. Can't help with anything else but if you do get it shop around for the service.
  20. S

Induction for EP3 - Further to the guide

Isn't Hondata about the sound and not the power increases?
  21. S

Fans Not Working on AC/Heater

I shorted the connection to test it was the resistor pack and the blowers started working. So I ordered one off an eBay breaker for £15 job done! Thanks for you help guys!
  22. S

My local dealer says it's an £80 part? For part number 79330-S6A-941 The car seems to be draining money at the moment so I could do without spending £80 if possible.
  23. S

The fans on my car have suddenly stopped working and doing some searches/Googling it looks like it could be down to the resistor pack behind the glove box. It looks as if some people just short the two connections rather than buying a new resistor pack? Hoping to save some money I was...
  24. S

Air conditioner condenser rad

I would get someone to regas it and check for leaks. It would cost a bit more but it would be worth it as if you do have a leak the regas would only last a few days. I paid £59 for my air con service and leak check from Chemix but that was because it's round the corner from work. I'm sure you...
  25. S

Just popped down the local Honda dealer to get some plastic clips that I broke trying to get the bumper off. £4 for two!!!! Be extra careful when trying to get them off.
  26. S

As I said I can't be 100% sure but I fairly certain both pipes were around 10mm each. I'm sure someone will be able to say for sure.
  27. S

Well I've just spoken to the Garage and they said the service is done and I have no leaks! I couldn't say exactly but I would say it was longer than 5mm more like 10mm?
  28. S

Nuts sorry to hear that. I did check the O ring and it did look OK not brittle but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I didn't really check that but I made sure I tightened it good! You've got me worried now as I don't think I could do that all again!
  29. S

Fitted mine last night with help from a mate. It took about 1:45 in all and that was being carefull. If I can do it then anyone can! It's in at the moment getting an Air Con service and leak test so fingers crossed!
  30. S

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

With my new commute I'm struggling to get above 220. Used to get around 300 with an A road/motorway commute though.
  31. S

How to clean windscreen (well)

That is my next option but I have a £75 excess to it's a last resort.
  32. S

I know! I don't think I'll use the vinegar option inside though as I don't want my car to smell like a chippy ;)
  33. S

Thanks for all the suggestions! I went with the cheapest/easiest option first the vinegar and newspaper. So armed with my copy of the Metro and a bottle of Sarsons finest I set to work ;) It's sorted the windscreen wipers but I'll have to wait until the next sunny morning to see if it's...
  34. S

I'm struggling to see out of my windscreen on these bright mornings. I have like a haze and lots of dots which I can only assume are small stone chips. I've tried cleaning with glass cleaner and methylated spirits but it's not much better. Also my windscreen wipers smear quite badly and they...
  35. S

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  36. S

I just ordered a new condenser from the site mentioned in this post. After a year or no air con I've finally got my ass into gear! Just got to fit it and regas.
  37. S

Flat wiper blades, any good?

I've been using the wiperblades.co.uk ones since I got the car but I've given these a go. For £7.01 they've got to be worth a punt!
  38. S

What tyre pressure gauge do you use

One of life's mysteries. In my local BP why is a litre bottle of £10 oil £20!
  39. S

I got one of those TUV foot pumps and it's surprisingly accurate. I pumped my tyres up using the BP 50p a time pump and checked the readings with the TUV one. On 32 psi it was spot on and at 30psi it was 0.5/1.0psi out. I'm happy with that. Thanks for your help guys.
  40. S

So I think the best solution would be one of those foot pumps with an extra digital gauge just to double check. Cheers chaps.
  41. S

I would like a foot pump with one built in. The foot pump I use at the moment must be at least 5 psi out. So TUV means it's accurate?
  42. S

I'm sick of paying 50p at the BP everytime I want to check my tyre pressures so I'm looking at getting a gauge. What do you guys use as I don't want to shell out on one that gives poor readings.
  43. S

Should I put this back in?

So I cleaned, oiled and installed it yesterday. A tip for those have never used the K&N recharge kit the oil is like red spay paint. It came as quite a surprise on the first spray ;) I took it out for a blast on the afternoon but couldn't really notice any difference? Maybe a slight change in...
  44. S

So it is the same just the first one is brand new? Mine looked more or a green when I cleaned it (but I am colour blind ;)) edit I've just Googled how much they cost! I'm glad I didn't throw it out now!
  45. S

I finally got round to buying the cleaning kit and cleaning the filter. Before I put it back in could anyone tell me what brand the air filter is? Just for interest really as it would be nice to know what I'm putting in my car ;)
  46. S

Car Mats

I don't know why they are so expensive? I carpeted my dining room for less ;)
  47. S

Car Mats

I was hoping they wouldn't look so day glow in the flesh? Wait till the sale sounds like the plan then.
  48. S

Car Mats

I don't know anyone who could add an extra piece so it would probably cost the same as a cheap set of mats to do. I think I might just get a cheap black set off ebay and keep the originals for when I sell the car. I've sent the ebay seller a message to se if they can do the red ones without...
  49. S

Car Mats

When I got my car I treated it to some new mats. These were just the standard EP3 Type-R mats not the fancy red ones. My thinking behind this was I'm going to keep the car a couple of years so they would still look pretty good when I sell the car and I would have two years of new mats. Now...
  50. S

MPG!

It was purely for work expenses I've since stopped as I have a new job.
  51. S

MPG!

No V-Power only Sainsbury 95 RON and Shell Fuel Save or whatever it's called now. I have tried V-Power but I didn't notice any difference in performance or MPG.
  52. S

MPG!

It's not formatted it very well but you get the idea.
  53. S

MPG!

Here we go then. Date.......Cost....Litr....Mile.MPG...£Per Mile 05/02/10 £50.70 46.94 318 30.80 £0.16 10/02/10 £40.13 37.16 274 33.52 £0.15 15/02/10 £49.18 45.58 325 32.42 £0.15 20/02/10 £43.07 39.55 255 29.31 £0.17 25/02/10 £41.23 37.19 252 30.80 £0.16 26/02/10 £30.12 27.16 214 35.82 £0.14...
  54. S

MPG!

I've got a spread sheet of every tank, how much it cost, how many miles I got and mpg. I know it geeky but my fuel costs were spiralling out of control. I'll post it if people are interested?
  55. S

Bulbs keep blowing - EP3

It's the grease on your fingers. If you are using the blue xenon style they pop pretty quickly.
  56. S

Parking Brake MOT fail!

It passed and they did it as a retest even though I had done 500 miles and it was over the 10 days. That place is great!
  57. S

Parking Brake MOT fail!

Thanks mate. The rear pads are ok and the normal braking is great.
  58. S

New front tyres recommendations

I thought I'd feed back about the RE050 to aid anyone else thinking about tyre choices. I ended up having to replace the rear tyres too so now ive got them on all four corners. The difference is staggering in the wet it's like a whole new car to drive. I have much more confidence and the road...
  59. S

Parking Brake MOT fail!

I managed to get my caliper reconditioned for £140 and that included an hour to strip down and see if it could be cleaned up to pass the mot. All in all I'm fairly happy but could've done without the expense to fix something that didn't really need fixing. My re-test is today so fingers...
  60. S

Parking Brake MOT fail!

Thanks for the posts. I'll forward the ideas on to my friend. biggred.co.uk looks good as it's pretty close.
  61. S

Parking Brake MOT fail!

My EP3 has just failed it's MOT on the off side parking brake. Pretty annoying as the parking brake still works but it needs to be done. I asked a friend of mine to strip it down and see if he could do anything but it looks like I need a new caliper. Checked with Honda and they wanted stupid...
  62. S

Sub And Amp To Standard Headunit

The best answer as stated above is to upgrade the headunit but.... You can add a sub using a Line Output Converter or LOC for short like this http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pacsoem4-four-channel-converter.html It won't sound as good as a sub run from an after market headunit but it will...
  63. S

In the standard 205/45 17 EP3 size. I went to a back street garage to get that price too! ;)
  64. S

I managed to get some RE050's for £135 each after a fair bit of searching. Much better than the "West Lakes" in the snow.
  65. S

Bluetooth Headset with noise cancelling

I'm not to keen on it being in two seperate sections but thanks for the input :)
  66. S

It wasn't very good in the end so it went back.
  67. S

Thanks for all the comments guys. It looks like the RE050A's are the ones to go for.
  68. S

Nice thanks for the reply. Wierdly the cheapest place I've found the RE050A for so far is Kwik Fit???
  69. S

I'm currently rocking some "West Lakes" on the front and some Bridgestone 040's on the back. As the name suggests the West Lakes are woeful and I'm looking to upgrade. I started by looking at getting some more Bridgestone 040's so they all match but after reading comments like "ditch...
  70. S

Side Lights

Are they LED's? If so try rotating them 180deg.
  71. S

After a bit of Googling I've decided on the Jabra Stone. It looks cool and has noise cancelling. It should be here today so I'll let you know if it's any good. (Although Bluetooth headsets don't appear to be a hot topic on the forum ;))
  72. S

I've got a couple of bluetooth headsets but both of them are pretty poor with the road noise in my EP3 above about 40mph. Does anyone here use a bluetooth headset in an EP3 at motorway speeds with any success? I just want a headset as I don't really want a new stereo or an expensive "proper...
  73. S

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

I like the colour and the refurb looks like it's been done well. I was too unoriginal to go for anything but the standard colour. Maybe you could go for green Honda logos on the centre caps to match the engine bay? Edit: Just noticed it's my 100th post woo hoo!
  74. S

Shell FuelSave

I've put three tanks in now and I thought I'd share my results 32.39, 33.89 and 33.72 mpg. I usually struggle to get above 30. I think fuel is a bit of a voodoo science though as their are too many factors (journey/driving style) I use Shell standard any way as it's the cheapest round by me...
  75. S

It was that and not take :facepalm: It happens under light-ish braking too. Does the ABS light flash when it kicks in as I could check that.
  76. S

Wouldn't take cause vibration at high speed driving too?
  77. S

That sounds a bit beyond me to be honest, but thanks for the advice. At least I'll sound like I know what I'm talking about when I goto the garage.
  78. S

I've started to notice recently when I brake from high speed I get what I can only describe as a vibration. I can feel it through the steering wheel and pedals but it's only from 60mph+. To me it feels like it's coming from the front wheels but I could be wrong. I've had a look at the discs...
  79. S

Shell FuelSave

On the other hand..... "It lubricates where your normal engine oils can't easily reach, which helps the engine turn more freely and allows more energy to drive the wheels." It doesn't say you have to use that extra energy for fuel economy ;) cut price vpower?
  80. S

any idea if its possible to get my EP3 K100 with LPG conversion ??

You need to get that gas cap painted silver.
  81. S

Some Cleaning Tips Please

Exhaust I did the easy way. Dropped it round for ^Joe to do. ;) Looks great too.
  82. S

bulb kits

I used aceparts_uk on ebay who were pretty cheap. All of the front bulbs came to around £16 inc postage. Bulbs look fairly good quality but don't come in a protective case. I carry my old ones round as spares in the jiffy bag the new ones came in.
  83. S

bulb kits

Sticky gives you the codes but you'd have to work out what kit is best. Have you tried Honda?
  84. S

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

Glad to see you managed to get hold of some PFL seats.
  85. S

Raising the Boot Floor?

I'm not sure I'm going to do this yet. I might just get a better fitting sub box. I thought about mdf but it's a bit heavy. This is what I looked at...
  86. S

Air Con Always On

Anyone know of a where I can get a condenser for cheaper than £78? By the sounds of it I'm going to need to replace it.
  87. S

Air Con Always On

I can give that a swirl but I'm not sure how that will fix the condenser?
  88. S

Air Con Always On

I don't mind the window down around town but on the motorway at high speeds I prefer AC.
  89. S

Air Con Always On

Nuts! So it sounds like a new condenser then.
  90. S

Air Con Always On

I had the Air Con service done tonight after work and it's good news and bad news. Good news: I drove off shivering as it's pretty cold out there at the moment too! (I should've taken a coat) Bad news: After checking for leaks he did find one. It's at the bottom left hand side of the...
  91. S

NHB EP3 - Swirly

Great work there Joe. I hear your drive is where all the cool Type-R's end up at some point ;)
  92. S

Mis-match - Honda respray on FN2

Isn't that half the talent of doing spay jobs? I would've thought getting a colour match is as important as covering the chip.
  93. S

It pays to have family & friends in the motor trade

Just the parts cost me more than that. Nice one!
  94. S

Front and Rear Speakers

Some more info. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?66382-My-ICE-Plan-Suggestions-Please.&p=677396&viewfull=1#post677396 When I was looking for mine I came across a car that the owner had just drilled a two inch hole in the door cards for his tweeters. You've got to be pretty...
  95. S

New front Brake Pads, Any recommendations??

Ferodo DS2500 here too. Got me out of a couple of hairy moments alive. ;)
  96. S

Air Con Always On

It's this one. http://www.coolcaraircon.co.uk/services.htm They do have a forum banner. I want to shiver! With this blistering summer we're going to have I'll need it ;)
  97. S

Air Con Always On

I not sure it was constantly on I think it was just cold outside ;) I've only just tried it again when it was hot over the weekend.
  98. S

Air Con Always On

The service at CoolCarAirCon is only a tenner more than the top up so I would've probably had that done.
  99. S

Air Con Always On

Well that warmer day finally came! It looks like the air con isn't working. My first thought was to take it to Kwik Fit and try the 10% colder or your money back but after reading a few posts on here I'm thinking again. Where would you guys suggest for an air con top up...
  100. S

Front indicator bulbs

I know it looks easy on paper but I always end up breaking things I do like this ;) I don't think I've ever taken a piece of trim off and been able to put it back on without some clip or bracket breaking. I did see the one in the manual but came here for tips.
Back