• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. chop

If you own a black CTR this is a must!

Auto finesse tripple is a great AIO too if your applying by hand :)
  2. chop

If you own a black CTR this is a must!

Its decent but prefer prima amigo to this
  3. chop

FN2 best wax that isn't too pricey??

Polishing by hand I presume? Gtechniq p1, zaino z5, poor boys black hole or blackfire gloss enhancing polish. As for wax there's victoria concours or soft99 fusso coat dark which will add a nice depth and they won't break the bank
  4. chop

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Result

Yes that the only drawback it can make deep scratches and chips stick out like a sore thumb. I machine polished my wife's black fn2 and because all the paint in the bonnet was a deep glossy black every little stone chip could easily be seen. With red you would probably get away with it though...
  5. chop

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Result

Looks good! I just bought 5ltr of car chem shampoo for £20 which gives you over 400 washes. I'd have a go at polishing it yourself matey, it's pretty easy and if your doing it by hand just use SRP as it's still one of the best hand polishes around
  6. chop

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - amazing spray sealant

Yes but I just use a standard shampoo and not a gloss enhancing one as my wrap is Matt. At the moment I'm using angel wax superior shampoo.
  7. chop

I just ordered 5ltrs of CarChem shampoo for £20 on the group buy on DW has a dilution rate of 1900:1 which is over 400 washes, it's a good shampoo as well!
  8. chop

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295795
  9. chop

i think its recommended on a dry car, gets very high praise on DW over other spray sealants. Sonax do really good products, just some are a bit pricey.
  10. chop

ive seen this advertised somewhere before, what the duration of this? been looking at optimum car wax as a fast wax and it lasts for about 5 weeks
  11. chop

EP3 Safe mileage on a CTR..

My chain and tensioner was changed at 110000 miles and clutch was done soon after so that's something you may have to shell out for on that one also colour does look odd especially on interior pics
  12. chop

EP3 Safe mileage on a CTR..

Bought mine at 73000 miles, with service stamped at 58000miles. Now it's at 113500 with no problems so far, just been looked after :)
  13. chop

Autobrite Products? Any one use them?

The lance is good but not to keen on the magifoam, bilt hamber auto foam gets great reviews for cleaning power also valet pro citrus degreaser. I should have some angelwax fast foam coming today so will give that a try
  14. chop

Autobrite Products? Any one use them?

The foam lance is good and the magifoam is decent too, lasts for ages. Some of the stuff is a bit pricey IMO and can get just as good stuff for cheaper elsewhere.
  15. chop

Observe. My 1996 Honda S-MX Lowdown. YES.

He's breaking it cos it was f**ked, can't remember how it broke though
  16. chop

Wing mirror won't fold properly

As above, easy fix even if you have limited mechanical skills like myself. I got my wife's from honda, wasn't expensive at all.
  17. chop

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Only covered 1000miles with it, had it done last June.
  18. chop

Stevie did my stg1 clutch and diff, flawless work as always and totally transformed the car!
  19. chop

Your tyre reviews

I had a set of falken ziex 914s fitted the other week before my mot, bought them from black circles for £244 which is cheaper than the T1Rs I had on and they are a great deal better especially in the wet!
  20. chop

North West tuners

TDi North for mapping, Grinspeed for everything else
  21. chop

Meguiar's DA Power System

I have the DAS6 pro and would really recommend it!
  22. chop

Removing Carbon Wrap

i had my bonnet, rood, spoiler and wing mirrors wrapped. Ive kept the bonnet wrapped because it needs a respray but removed the rest which came off very easily although it was on a very hot day so the sun helped but a hair dryer will be fine to soften the adhesive
  23. chop

Best ep3 ride height

I use abp eibachs which I think look and feel great but as Danith said the exhaust hangs very low and will scrape over most speed bumps, there's a few places in southport I dare not go down anymore :lol:
  24. chop

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Original clutch! That's impressive, I'm on my third at 112000 miles
  25. chop

6x9s in ep3

i have a set of planet audio 6x9s with an amp and they sound great and produce and a good whack of bass
  26. chop

How to / best way to get to 300bhp?

Is it just for straight line racing as you'd struggle to use a lot of that power on a bend
  27. chop

Is it safe to sit on the roof?

Here's a link to all your answers matey! :smt023 http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/index.php
  28. chop

Where to get your windows tinted

Me misses got her fn2 rear sides and back upper window tinted and had the lower plastic part covered by a see through vinyl at Ace tints in ormskirk for £150 Excellent job too!
  29. chop

Info on cams for EP3

This my dyno chart after having tdi cams fitted, the dotted red line was what it was like before
  30. chop

Do a cannonball off a tree, it's the only way to be sure!
  31. chop

why are you even asking this question???
  32. chop

Info on cams for EP3

TDI cams are great and well worth the money, they really transformed my car!
  33. chop

Looks pretty funky tbh
  34. chop

How dare you infest my road with this monstrosity!
  35. chop

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

I'm on 112500 but averaging on 4000 miles a year now as I walk to work. May sell up next year.
  36. chop

Intake manifold

if moneys not an issue id go for an RRC from the FD2 civic
  37. chop

Thoughts on this exhaust?

Depends where you get it fitted, bout an hours labour I think
  38. chop

Funky power do an FP racing manifold for £215 although can't comment on the build quality
  39. chop

Might as well get a japspeed one for a few extra quid
  40. chop

First Honda, EP3

agreed looks a bit silly the way its sitting
  41. chop

Cold start noise..

Mine did that for a while but then it went away
  42. chop

New Headlights

i used the plast rx on mine, it took some off but i think the rest is on the inside of the lense because the outside feels nice and smooth
  43. chop

vtec

What do you mean 'you know it's not the dipstick'? Maybe you should take it to a garage to have it looked at if you can't find the solution here and then you could share your results with everyone :)
  44. chop

vtec

Ctro troll I am beginning to think
  45. chop

vtec

Is your oil low?
  46. chop

Autobrite 1 to 1

Haha I hope not I've just spent nearly £100 on cleaning stuff! :lol:
  47. chop

Autobrite 1 to 1

Gonna get booked in September when I have a week off work :)
  48. chop

Autobrite 1 to 1

£150 for the session but can be Taylor made to suit you.
  49. chop

A Basic Guide How To Clean Your Seats

yeah it works a treat, been using this for a while now after seeing on tech tuners youtube page
  50. chop

vtec

the engine note would sound more aggressive when it crosses over
  51. chop

Autobrite 1 to 1

Well I could be thinking of a career change at some point in the next 10 years, can't see me being a chef forever :)
  52. chop

Autobrite 1 to 1

Cool will have a look later. Got a week off soon so that's why I was thinking of going down to one.
  53. chop

Autobrite 1 to 1

I didnt know they did them until i saw their fb posts. Nope they any good? just been watching the junkman videos which have been really interesting, just thought it would be good to have someone in person to make sure your technique is good and can ask questions as well
  54. chop

Autobrite 1 to 1

Anyone done the 1 to 1 tuition day with autobrite, thinking of going to one if they're any good
  55. chop

My Quote

After speaking to Adrian flux the other day they managed to bring my renewal price right down and beaten all the competitors :smt023
  56. chop

RBC or Teg M?

If you have a facelift you could remove the fog lights and run a pipe upto to the k&n for a bit of cool air. The AEM isn't as bad as you think it would take you driving through a very deep puddle very fast to do any trouble
  57. chop

RBC or Teg M?

How about an AEM CAI and an RBC?
  58. chop

My Quote

I did a search on compare the market and got several quotes well under what Adrian flux offered for my renewal so looks like ill be switching. Gonna do some ringing around this afternoon
  59. chop

FN2 Focus RS MK2 Vents Fitted

:cool:
  60. chop

DC sports

Couldn't comment on the baffle as I never used mine. Makes a lovely burble though!
  61. chop

DC sports

If its an ep3 it will fit
  62. chop

My Quote

Just got my renewal quote from Adrian flux and its £830 and that's with 11 NCB, no points and I'm 31 years old!
  63. chop

Best set of lowering springs

Eibachs get my vote
  64. chop

LSD is probably the best mod I've got so far!
  65. chop

Can someone give me a rough idea...?

About 240bhp and 170lbs torque with those mods
  66. chop

Which dual action polisher to go for?

I going to get some poor boys black hole and something to help restore my headlight casing as well
  67. chop

I've just seen a new version of the DAS-6 so I'm going to order that this weekend, I think with the lake country kit or the auto finesse kit
  68. chop

Removing vinyl

I used the pressure washer to get them off in the end, heat gun took forever and I had to hold it close to the paint work to have any effect which was a bit dangerous.
  69. chop

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

:lol: had a look at some of the other examples on there, bloody awful!
  70. chop

Help Me Decide What Rim to get....?

Yes matey theyre nice and light, really strong and very well built! :)
  71. chop

Help Me Decide What Rim to get....?

I have the lenso d1r wheels in matt black, look small when looking side on at them but nice at an angle. I do like them in white to be honest!
  72. chop

What exhaust do you have on your Ep3?

Yes you will struggle on speed bumps, mines lowered by 30mm and mine scrapes over pretty much every one
  73. chop

I had all mine supplied and fitted at abp in Crewe, not sure on the price but think they fitted the manifold and mounts in am hour
  74. chop

Never had a problem with my dc manifold mate although japspeed seem to be good value for money
  75. chop

Had my DC sports cat back on for over 3 years and its still in top quality!
  76. chop

Hey

Mines at 115k miles and never had a problem with it :)
  77. chop

Removing vinyl

Will give it a whirl with the heat gun if me mums is no good
  78. chop

Removing vinyl

Gonna have to rob me mums for reinforcements :lol: I got my old ones off with my mums so maybe my misses one is just a bit sh!t :)
  79. chop

Removing vinyl

Thought about that, might be a bit risky though lol
  80. chop

Removing vinyl

What I'm really having trouble with is my J's racing decals on the side skirts, hair dryer has no effect at all on these and will only come off in bits. When i jet washed it the other day a little but came off so might try to blast them off or will this damage the paint?
  81. chop

Removing vinyl

Got it off the other day, some came off easy in the sun but the rest needed a hair dryer. Might replace it with a gloss black vinyl as the matt had little protection against the sun.
  82. chop

Removing vinyl

Thanks chaps, will try that next week! :smt023
  83. chop

Removing vinyl

My carbon vinyl is starting to look pretty awful now do I want to remove it from the roof and spoiler and was wondering whats the safest way of removing it?
  84. chop

will's Civic Type R!!!

I would go for the eibach if I was you along with spc camber arms
  85. chop

Tdi north stage 1 cams info

I was going to but my camera is crap at recording sound.
  86. chop

will's Civic Type R!!!

I've got the abp springs on mine which is about 30mm drop, wouldn't go any lower than that as my exhaust scrapes on pretty much every speed bump
  87. chop

Bout 8000 miles
  88. chop

Mine was the first ep3 they fitted them too and had no problems whatsoever :)
  89. chop

Yeah the cams is the only alteration, idles fine, not really any difference than before and the mid range is good although they work better higher up the rev range. My vtec got set to 5500.
  90. chop

They're drop in cams, cost me £1500 for supplied, fitted and mapped. I made 259hp with full dc exhaust, dc manifold, teg intake, rbc and throttle body
  91. chop

respraying intake scoop

Good stuff! :smt023 how long did that take you and how many coats of primer etc did you use?
  92. chop

respraying intake scoop

Coolio, will attempt it very soon then :)
  93. chop

respraying intake scoop

My tegiwa intake scoop is looking pretty shocking now and i was wondering if its possible to respray it being carbon fiber and if it is how do i go about it if i was to repaint it in black or maybe milano red?
  94. chop

:lol: thanks again
  95. chop

Will do! :smt023
  96. chop

Good stuff, looks like ill be buying one of those!
  97. chop

Excellent, much cheaper than the g220 too! :smt023
  98. chop

As the title says, im looking for a good dual action machine polisher as i hear these are good for people who are new to machine polishing like myself and im eager to remove the swirls on my wifes car. Had my eye on the megs g220 but after reading a few bad reviews on the reliability im not too...
  99. chop

Kenny kens 03 NHB ctr

Pretty sure it's still there but on the right as you enter the estate. Will have a look for the guy you mentioned though, must be good if he's doing halliwell jones
  100. chop

Ep3 scuttle tidy up insert

Doesn't someone on ctro do one?
Back