• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. MikeCTR

Engine management light on, self diagnosis.

Has anyone actually tried this without blowing fuses? Looking on other sites (mainly US), they say connect pins 5 and 9, not 4 and 9. Cheers Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
  2. MikeCTR

Lower ball joint replacement. EP3

IMO superpro bushes are superior than energy. Caster increase will give you more feel through the front wheels. Don't think they effect tyre wear (haven't noticed any difference). They are around £100+.
  3. MikeCTR

Superpro are a different company to energy. Search for caster increase bushes. You will need a press for the front bush, a garage will do it for a few quid.
  4. MikeCTR

Yeah and upgrade to superpro bushes
  5. MikeCTR

Goodyear EagleF1 AS2 vs Brigestone Potenza RE050A

Found goodyear's to have a soft sidewall. I couldnt wait to get them off, just too spongy. Never used bridgestone but currently on yoko advan v105 and find they are about the same on grip as the goodyear's but stiffer sidewall.
  6. MikeCTR

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

55 plate premier, just hit 70k
  7. MikeCTR

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Is it me or is that an ep3 front grill?
  8. MikeCTR

Not enough camber?

I just fitted buddyclub rca's and superpro caster bushes, took my car for geo and now cant get enough camber on the front left? It decreases to -0.45degrees but wont go any further. When adjusted more it goes back the other way (more positive)? What could be the problem, the right side seems...
  9. MikeCTR

My Quote

Renewed mine a few weeks ago. Renewal was £830 with sky, phoned round all the top insurers and got back to sky then they gave me a quote of £520 all mods declared! Im 27, driving 9 years, 6 years ncb.
  10. MikeCTR

Best set of lowering springs

I've got teins good ride quality but theres a bit too much arch gap on the rear, fronts ok though (on 215/40/17). Wish I would have bought abp eibachs :(
  11. MikeCTR

Polybush or Superpro

I finally fitted superpro caster bushes and buddyclub ball joints and there soo much better than oem, front end feels a lot tighter with much more feedback (only bought the front bushes). I did bit by bit over a few days (took my time). The biggest problems were rusted/seized nuts/bolts and...
  12. MikeCTR

So my first Honda Civic Type R EP3 :)

Dont buy sh*t from euro car parts, get genuine mate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251221639264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
  13. MikeCTR

Which dual action polisher to go for?

TBHmate its my first polisher, I haven't used any other pads so can't compare. I was really please with the results found it easy to use. I bought the sonus pads as there 4 different grades so thought it would give a better finish (tbh I know bugger all about polishing!). Just saying DA polisher...
  14. MikeCTR

knocking on the front going over bumps in road

I replace both front and back with these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-2-0-TYPE-R-EP3-FRONT-STABILISER-LINKS-01-06-/150632114942?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23125faafe. Soo much bigger than oem :)
  15. MikeCTR

Which dual action polisher to go for?

I've bought this polisher but with sonus pads. Top quality , pricey but worth it :smt023
  16. MikeCTR

Valve clearance readjustment

I adjusted mine to the middle spec as it was also my first time doing it but I read that its best to have the exhaust valves looser and the intake tighter
  17. MikeCTR

Reset ecu after valve adjustment?

When I did mine it felt a bit down on power for a few days, now its like normal. Plus now it doesn't seem to get through so much oil :D
  18. MikeCTR

Indicator bulbs

You need the wedge type mate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILVATEC-Chrome-Silver-Indicator-Bulbs-T20-Capless-WEDGE-BU582-PAIR-of-Bulbs-/160674536641
  19. MikeCTR

Bit of help please

Not sure about the tie bar bolts, number 28 looks right but not 100% [/URL][/IMG] As for the bushes each wishbone has two bushes are you just changing one? Ask Hendy on here in the traders section, they should be able to help.
  20. MikeCTR

Does anyone know what this part is called?

What about this http://www.speedstar-racing.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/659?osCsid=c32c7075da9555db94072ba01016eb02 :twisted:
  21. MikeCTR

Standard oil change vs flush and change?

I did mine something like 6 weeks ago and took my time, also painted my rocker cover while apart :). Never done them before but found this video really helpful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwjbGPYGlyo&feature=endscreen&NR=1.
  22. MikeCTR

Changing the fuel filter?

I though about it but looks a B*tch. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?78894-Fuel-filter-cost-from-Honda-Easy-to-change-EP3-CTR-2004
  23. MikeCTR

Standard oil change vs flush and change?

I also did this just after I bought my ep3.
  24. MikeCTR

gearbox removal guide ?

You can get a manual but its tricky. I used this site http://www.tradebit.com/filesharing.php/search/0/ep3. The thing is the site doesn't state if it for an UKDM or USDM civic. I bought a cheap one (which was UKDM) and a expensive one (was USDM) but it was some time ago and cant remember. IMO...
  25. MikeCTR

rattling at 2500rpm ! any idears what it could be ?

What I did was remove the heat shield and look for any small marks or scraps where it could be rubbing and put foam there. Think I put foam on the corner closest to the bulk head, there are two large cables(conduit) which are close the the corner (bend), between the L bracket and the shield (all...
  26. MikeCTR

Have you checked things like drive shaft heat shield?
  27. MikeCTR

I had same thing and just put some sticky foam on the heat shield where it touched/brushed anything. Also I put some between the L shaped bracket and the heat shield it self. No more rattling :D
  28. MikeCTR

Ep3 scuttle tidy up insert

Something like this http://fiberworxonline.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40&product_id=92 ?
  29. MikeCTR

Hondata reflash

Why did you sell it and go for a kpro? Was it just the map or the whole k100 locked to cpl? as I would also prefer to go to tdi for a proper map in the future.
  30. MikeCTR

Buddy club extended ball joints

Im interested in this as looking to get some soon. Strange as aftermarket one fit, are you sure they are the correct ball joints and how loose we talking stick in a bucket?
  31. MikeCTR

How dirty was my air filter !!??

Mine was also missing :eek:
  32. MikeCTR

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Where have you seen a silenced supersprint for that price? Thought they were more like £360
  33. MikeCTR

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

When I had my sportex fitted from oem I noticed mid range improved quite a bit but there was a slight drop top end.
  34. MikeCTR

opinions please

Have a look here http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?87222-EP3-Type-R-ebay-induction-kit..-IT-WORKS!!
  35. MikeCTR

Cam retaining bolt

Number 15 is same torque as others (as stated all 8mm bolts the same torque). Not sure about changing the bolt but imo should be ok.
  36. MikeCTR

Cam retaining bolt

I've just checked the diagram I posted with a k20a2 block and they are exactly the same The two extra bolts are on the side of the head Also aren't the numbers on the retainers the order they are assembled and the numbers on my diagram the order the bolts should be tightened?
  37. MikeCTR

Cam retaining bolt

my bad I just checked and its for a k20a3 :picardfp:.
  38. MikeCTR

Cam retaining bolt

Yeh they are all the same torque, numbered the order they should be tightened.
  39. MikeCTR

Cam retaining bolt

Think there is 1 different bolt because it holds the cam chain guide.
  40. MikeCTR

How do you set up a Tegiwa torque damper?

Not tegiwa but they copy everyone else anyway! haha http://www.ingallseng.com/Instructions/stiffy_adjustment.pdf
  41. MikeCTR

Just done service - my quick How-To

That should be correct and the 20mm washer should also be thicker. Look at a magnetic drain plug, when I changed my oil I screwed the plug in then removed and was surprised how many iron filings came out. Be interesting to see what it looks like when I next change it.
  42. MikeCTR

Suspension for beginners

Why dont you use the converter in the previous post?
  43. MikeCTR

Just tried the Megs Headlight Restore Kit

I used this kit and it was perfect when finished but after about 6 months I've noticed the cloudlyness has came back (not as bad). Im going to do it again but after cover in lamin-x (clear protection film) so its hopefully doesnt return.
  44. MikeCTR

dc5 wheels on ep3?

ep3 wheels are et45, dc5 are et60 (offset) so need 15mm spacers but imo better stance with 20mm
  45. MikeCTR

EP3 Premier seat tilting

Have a look here http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17S5T501&block_02=B__4007&block_03=9815
  46. MikeCTR

Ny Nighthawk Black Facelift EP3

Nice motor, nhb looks awesome when clean but dont last long! haha Some good plans might want to put a fast road setup at the top, imo should be the first mod also looks like a piper backbox
  47. MikeCTR

Exhaust help :(

Running a catback on oem mani/cat is ok. Running a decat will be bad and WILL need a remap. I read somewhere tdi north dyno a decat without remap and made less power than with a cat. Better off buying everything first then fit and remap together, best gains and more worthwhile down the line.
  48. MikeCTR

type r civic exhaust and indution kit

Are you asking about ep3 or fn2? They don't make them for the ep3.
  49. MikeCTR

EP3 Top Mount Replacement Parts

Im going to change the top mounts on my ep3. I know I need the bearing(11) but is there anything else I should get? Cheers [/IMG]
  50. MikeCTR

Project ep3 s2000 clocks - video update

Looks spot on :smt023
  51. MikeCTR

knocking noise from front left

I know worn ball joints can knock also suspension top mounts http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?38541-Loose-top-mount-shock. If cant be tightened maybe replace? If not maybe look at worn engine mounts?
  52. MikeCTR

EP3 Broken rear brake light issue? Need advice. PICS

It does have 3 brake lights. The top bulb for side and brake, middle two reverse and indicator, bottom fog or blank. Looking at the first pic it should be a blank not fog. The only fog should be on the drivers side and a blank on the passenger side. Maybe its a set from a european car?
  53. MikeCTR

Polybush or Superpro

Cheers bowman :smt023. I've got a knocking sound from the front left wheel so going to change the ball joints, drop links and track rod ends. Might as well change the bushes while its all apart, rather do the whole lot than just the front. Dont fancy paying for labour!
  54. MikeCTR

De cat or sports cat

I read somewhere that sports cats dont last very long that why piper only do a 6 month warranty on them ( some please correct me if im wrong!).
  55. MikeCTR

Polybush or Superpro

Im looking to get a full polybush kit for my ep3. Which would be best polybush or superpro? (not looking at energy suspension heard there not very good!) I heard only good things about superpro and they can also increase front caster. Not heard much about polybush, anybody using them and do...
  56. MikeCTR

flip key for ep3

Just had a look at this and isnt it the wrong key for the ep3 (big groove down the middle)?
  57. MikeCTR

Workshop manual!

I think I downloaded this guide or one similar (cant remember) http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/117872935-honda-civic-ep3-2002-2003-service-manual. Have a look on the website theres loads of them its just pot luck if you get a good one! Well worth the price. I bought a cheap guide and it...
  58. MikeCTR

Oil change

Get yourself a magnetic sump plug as well :).
  59. MikeCTR

My Cosmic Premier EP3

Nice car mate. Some tasty mods, just the post is a bit long! That flip key looks smart, think I might have to get me one ;).
  60. MikeCTR

Contemplating springs

Got my tein springs from camskills about £150, Eibach pro and ABP Eibach are about the same (maybe cheaper). Spoon are the most expensive £200+
  61. MikeCTR

Contemplating springs

Im on tein springs, I would like it a little lower on the back but I find the front just right and can just about get my low profile jack underneath. If your going for or have an aftermarket b-pipe/catback watch out for the b-pipe scraping because these sit lower than oem.
  62. MikeCTR

Contemplating springs

Heres a short list of the most popular springs and how much they lower. Eibach Pro - F20mm R15mm Spoon - F20mm R20mm Tein - F25mm R 20mm ABP Eibach - F30mm R30mm Do a search, loads of info on these.
  63. MikeCTR

Stone chips

Should be around £150 for a respray or you could try this if your feeling brave http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=153965. Im going to give it a go when the weather gets better, if I fcuk it up I can always get it resprayed after.
  64. MikeCTR

Looking to do this pretty soon, could someone upload the pictures again please.
  65. MikeCTR

Inside Tyre Wear

I had my geometry rechecked today and everything is ok (how abp set it up)? Are my camber setting too aggressive and does anyone else have the same problem?
  66. MikeCTR

Cat nuts

Taken from Honda Lings site. 6 PFKL382271 BOLT, CONVERTER £0.01 (€0.01) ($0.02) 003 30 PFKL988666 NUT, SELF-LOCK, 10MM £0.01 (€0.01) ($0.02) 003 Thread size should be x1.25. 1p nuts/bolts :D.
  67. MikeCTR

How to Check EPS

Try checking your battery water levels. I had same problem and this help a great deal :).
  68. MikeCTR

DC5 ITR exhaust manifold stud part number

I also need some new studs, contacted hendy and was told they come attached with the manifold. So I bought these from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271098035630?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649. Not exactly the same but close enough (size m12x1.25 40mm long). They fit fine...
  69. MikeCTR

Inside Tyre Wear

No, I havn't done any work to the car (except b-pipe). I also try to avoid pot holes as much as I can but i have big a** speed bumps where I work. Below is a copy of my frsu done at ABP. [/IMG] Are these setting ok? Just so if I have geo redone it will be done correctly. Cheers
  70. MikeCTR

Inside Tyre Wear

Today I noticed my front tyres were worn on the inside really badly. The nearside is the worst (below) :(. [/IMG] [/IMG] I've now put the front tyres on the back. I had a frsu a couple of months ago. How can I fix this problem and would I have to buy new tyres. Cheers
  71. MikeCTR

Gearbox oil change

When I did mine one bolt used the same type/size washer as the sump plug so I changed it (got loads, lol) The other bolt had a really thick washer (maybe 3mm), I used this again. I used this guide http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?63728-Just-done-service-my-quick-How-To. +1...
  72. MikeCTR

DC5 Manifold & cat on Ep3

Thanks everyone for your help :smt023 I bought a dc5 mani & cat on ebay, looks in good condition done 31k, picking it up this weekend :) Hopefully it will run ok.
  73. MikeCTR

Im bidding on one from ebay, ends tommorrow.
  74. MikeCTR

Are you running a dc5 manifold and cat without remap?
  75. MikeCTR

Cheers Billy & Trev. That excellent :) Are you sure? thought this manifold was standard on the jdm ep3 thus needing a jdm arb.
  76. MikeCTR

Hi, I've had a quick search but cant find a proper answer. Looking to fit a DC5 manifold & cat to my ep3. Do I have to remap it or will it be safe to run (not cause any damage). I know I have to remap it to get the best gains but im thinking about this for now and later (mabye next year) decat...
  77. MikeCTR

Fujitsubo

Hey dave if your not happy I will take it off your hands ;)
  78. MikeCTR

Spacers

Going to give this a go, if any good going to buy some decent h&r ones
  79. MikeCTR

B pipe

When I had my sportex fitted the cat nuts were completely destroyed (corrosion). Worth getting some new ones Also had problems with new nuts not sitting flush (would hit the welds first) The bloke who fitted it said it looked like it had been welded by a 12 year old, lol.
  80. MikeCTR

Spacers

Im looking at this too. Does anyone know if 15mm spacers all round on an Ep3 would cause any problems (especially on front) and would I need to redo my frsu. Cheers
  81. MikeCTR

any one used aktiv performance website??

Yeh, ive used them bought ep3 eibach rear camber arms from them. Came either next day or day after.
  82. MikeCTR

tein s tech's?

Got my teins fitted yesterday they are top quality! car feels more planted and alot less body roll. Glad I didnt get abp eibach because the front scraps a little on my drive but have no issues with speed bumps (even the stupidly high ones!) just got to be carefull with steep drives, etc. The...
  83. MikeCTR

EP3 on Eibach Sportlines... lower on drivers side?

I think its because the weight is not evenly distributed on each side (engine, gear box, fuel tank, etc).
  84. MikeCTR

anyone lowered without rear camber arms and front bolts?

I bought eibach spc arms for £133 inc delivery http://www.aktivperformanceparts.co.uk/civic-type-r/eibach-honda-civic-type-r-rear-camber-kit-20012007-2041014-381927-.php. Went to abp this morning for frsu, paid £165 for fitting lowering springs, camber arms, bolts and frsu :D.
  85. MikeCTR

NHB Ep3 Premier

Had my frsu done today! The car handles sooo much better now, much more planted. Done at ABP this morning, great service took about 2 hours and cost was reduced! :lol:. Will take some pictures when the weather is better.
  86. MikeCTR

tein s tech's?

I got mine from camskills too :D. It also depends on your tyre sizes, im running 215/40/17 which have a thinner side wall compared to 205/45/17 meaning less tyre to fill the arch. I think abp eibach look perfect but where I work they have sleeping policemen :mad: in the car park so had to...
  87. MikeCTR

tein s tech's?

Im having a set fitted to my ep3 this weekend along with frsu :), will let you know how i get on.
  88. MikeCTR

Anyone used tegiwa rigid collars?

Hi, has anyone used tegiwa front subframe rigid collars? I know about the spoon ones but they are like £175 :eek:. Tegiwa does them for about £50 but not sure about the quality. Cheers.
  89. MikeCTR

Markyy's EP3 Premier

Tidy car mate :). NHB FTW!
  90. MikeCTR

NHB Ep3 Premier

Hi, I bought my civic type r just over a year ago. Its a 55 plate premier:) bought with 51k on the clock. My previous cars were a 1999 white VW polo 1.0, had that for 4 years:(. Then a 2004 black seat ibiza 1.4 which was ok but just not quick enough (75bhp), had that for 2 years. When I got the...
Back