• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

Can't wait to get into my ep3 today + what to get next

Well I have to travel cross country soon, approx 600 miles in two days. Unfortunately I have to take the 118i 2017. Another junk of an engine, 3 cylinder 1.5 petrol turbo. (My 15yr old ep3 is better). So yeah the car states it will do 60 highs, and lows of 45mpg. Any predictions? I reckon 32mpg...
  2. R

Amazing but that has been modded heavily. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

Haha don’t tempt me, ep3 handles better but I don’t think I could get that much power to match bmw from a 2.0. On a serious note I would prefer something newer. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. R

How you guys finding the New Type R? I find the ep3 a bit slow as I am used to my 400bhp bmw, so been interested in the new R. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. R

I can see why. The 530d g30 , is an absolutely amazing car. It was powerful and did most things well. However.....there is NO MATCH between a 530d and a petrol 440i. Of course what you need the car for will make a difference to your choice. Put it this way, a 530d is great for a few days...
  6. R

Was jus reading through this thread. I ended up going for e92 335i with jb4 tune. Car is an absolute bullet, handling and drifting capabilities are fantastic. Good alternative to an M Car. The n54 335i is averaging around 18mpg in the city. This will increase to 25mpg on the long run. Yes you...
  7. R

High miler care EP3

I have done around 80,000 miles in my Type R 2002. That is over the space of 5 years. I purchased it at 80,000miles. I only ever needed recovery once - My pulley bearings got completely mashed one time, so it maybe worth changing the pulleys too if there’s any noise around the aux belt...
  8. R

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Haha I only ever got that once. This was cross country, from London to Belgium - all highway - no city Only way to achieve it is to not brake, do not accelerate. Once you get to 70, jus sit still for a few hours, as long as you don’t brake or you don’t chase that dc5 or s2000 that went past...
  9. R

410 miles off one tank - any one beaten that yet? Ep3 type r 2002. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. R

EP3 Need a new clutch? Recommendations? Flywheel ?

Hi guys, I can't believe I'm doing this, although I don't drive the Type R much, I can't come round to selling it. So anyway recently I have experienced some clutch issues and looking to replace it. Who makes the original? I forgot where I got the previous one from. There's all sorts of...
  11. R

I recently came across the 440i. The spec is okay for a 3.0 turbo however I was very impressed with the fuel mpg being around 55mpg. Being a petrol, I thought it was impressive to have 300+ BHP on tap with 40+ minimum mpg. But not too sure about the shape, looks nice with full m sport package...
  12. R

Passed MOT - drive shaft issue after

There's only one garage involved. Also when they took the drive shaft off they didn't add clip to tighten cv boot so there is grease literally everywhere. My bonnet stand was in the boot, still don't know why it was taken off completely. Things like this really annoy me when u pay approx £400...
  13. R

Passed MOT - drive shaft issue after

Hi guys, need some advice. The ep3 was due MOT. They took the car in, and gave me a estimate of £470 for two front arms fitted + couple of bulbs. Two arms cost me £145 but I went ahead as i have busy week at work so we agreed on £410. As I was picking up the car out of garage he was...
  14. R

Personal experience with 2.0 diesel is that you have to drive at 50 rather than 70 to get excellent Mpg. Whereas a bigger engine seems to roll more effortlessly. I jus did a 110 mile trip on the ep3, it was awful handling due to heavy rain and gave me 26mpg. Now in that scenario any diesel would...
  15. R

So I had to do some long distance driving so I took my 2016 golf tdi 2.0 auto for 4 days. Day 1 : 55mpg Day 2 : 42mpg Day 3 : 35mpg Day 4 : 29.2mpg So in total I did 300 miles and it finished on 29.2mpg. I'm very dissapointed what a load of rubbish. I'd rather drive the ep3 like I done a bank...
  16. R

Which brake pads for FN2 CTR

Hands down FERODO racing pads have been the best although they cost. I recently purchased brembos which I am very pleased with. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. R

MOT Nightmare

Lift the handbrake plastic cover by undoing two screws . When u lift the plastic casing, behind the handbrake you can adjust the rear left and right handbrake. Try that. Best way to do it is jack up the wheels , and spin them freely. Than adjust the handbrake cable until it is at a good...
  18. R

creaking/squeaking steering wheel noise

Oh crap I jus posted a new topic asking exactly the same question! Doh!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. R

Idle running problem

I had idle issue, ended up being spark plugs. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. R

FK2 Fuel for FK2

Shell v power is very good along with tesco momentum. If the tank is clean of regular unleaded I do feel the car is more responsive in its urgency. I also get more miles out of the tank, of course that depends on how your drive. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. R

400 miles a tank across Europe long distance drive. Average is 250. sometimes can be as low as 210. It's cheap as chips for the output of the car. The m6 on the other hand is doing 225 miles to a tank (and the tank is larger) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. R

Different width tyres in front and back ep3

I have standard ep3 with Bridgestone RE050 Front: 205/45/17 Rear: 215/45/17 I feel I have less over steer when driving enthusiastically and turn in is better at the same time (track) Has anyone ever had these sizes on? Or is that just a stupid set up? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. R

Me and my ep3 are coming to a cross road WHAT SHALL I DO!?

For this* is the price Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. R

Me and my ep3 are coming to a cross road WHAT SHALL I DO!?

With that kind of money I would get rid of it. There are so many betters cars out there, the only barrier for *** is price of these cars. If you got the money you could be having a lot more fun for even £7-10,000 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. R

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Where is it possible to see one of these? Honda dealers don't really have a clue. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. R

FK2 FK2 general discussion

This ***** gives me boners everytime Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. R

Shotgun Shell Wheel Nut Covers - Temporary Fit

Different colour alloy would suit it. But not bad at all if you managed to replace the wheel nut one too otherwise it looks odd. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  28. R

Failed MOT on handbrake

Someone must know? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  29. R

Failed MOT on handbrake

https://vimeo.com/124565983 Does this help? Even if I straighten it, the left wheel stops moving and it binds even with handbrake off. So if I pull the handbrake up it loosen it a little and the rear wheel doesn't bind as much but still does feel like handbrake is on. Could this be caliper...
  30. R

Failed MOT on handbrake

how do you know if the cable is stretched?
  31. R

FN2 New fn2 owner, stone chip advice

It's well worth it. I had a dent on the left wing and plenty of stone chips on the bottom and sides of bumper . I paid £300 all in. Only the quarter of my bumper was refreshed as I had the other half done earlier. I go to the same body shop guy so he blends it in really well. I would say...
  32. R

Garage say new steering rack

Oh fair enough. I hit a metal square skip type trolley bin on full wheel lock in reverse. Dented my front wing and bumper came off. First time I hit something in the civic and how blimin stupid too. Booked it in next day and paid £300 for repair and fresh lick of paint and now it's looks back...
  33. R

Handbrake failed MOT - 8% Hand Brake efficiency. Faulty Caliper OR handbrake cable?

Caliper isn't too expensive, at £60 each. Had tracking re done and steering wheel still wobbles and doesn't feel sharp at all. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  34. R

Aux belt fitment

Where did you lot buy the aux belt from? Original honda: £50 or online OEM quality for £20. Or is the cheaper version a big nono?
  35. R

Handbrake failed MOT - 8% Hand Brake efficiency. Faulty Caliper OR handbrake cable?

I have recently felt like my brakes are not braking as well as they should be despite replacing discs and pads last year so I put it in for an early MOT (2weeks) I have had brake binding on the right rear, which was fixed at previous MOT and it passed along with adjustments to the handbrake...
  36. R

Have you got the new set up yet? I check my tyre pressure at least once a week (500 miles a week). It's always 1-2psi out Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  37. R

Drove 100 miles a+b roads last night. Car handling is very sharp. There is excessive vibration at 70mph+. I'm thinking of checking wheel bearings. Also if I floor it, the car seems to pull a little at peak power to left or right. However if I keep my steering straight there is no movement and...
  38. R

New track rod end in, wheel alignment done. It's a little better however something still causing the wheel not to self centre so quickly. Doesn't feel so fluid. And of course the steering rack squeaking and creaking is still there. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  39. R

How much should a universal u/j steering joint cost? New?used? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  40. R

Anybody ever imported any Honda's from Japan?

Enlighten me with pics and info..mileage etc guys. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  41. R

Anybody ever imported any Honda's from Japan?

The price for some cars like Integra Dc5 is over the top on the UK market however after a bit more researching I understand that the costs rack up and a £6/7000 dc5 is similar to one being imported which may initially only cost £4,500 but with a 30% tax duty and shipping costs it can rack upto...
  42. R

Cheap tyres, post 'em here.

How much per corner for them? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  43. R

Good winter tyre?. I used bridgestone potenza re40 in the summer and I need replacements so thinking of getting winter tyres for now as it rains a lot. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  44. R

Topped up different brand oil

QX fully synthetic any body used it? Is it any good? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  45. R

EP3 Advice needed on clutch + flywheel upgrade

Update: I replaced the clutch with another original without changing the flywheel. Everything was fine transmition wise. What I did find annoying after fitting the new clutch was that it was a little bit of a pain to drive when cold. The gears jam a little(synchros like you said), especially 1st...
  46. R

Is the rack slider replaced when I fit the old rack in? If not where can I get the sliders from? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  47. R

It doesn't self centre either. Inner joints seem to have gone. The new rack is very free and has one perfect track rod end attached. *** replace the other side too so it's all new. I went into honda. They said they can have a look but it will cost £100 for diagnostics and they will be able to...
  48. R

This is what annoys me at garages. I could go to 5 garages, all will claim something different is wrong. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  49. R

The car has a mind of its own. It wanders to the left and right on its own accord. It feels dangerous to drive at 60mph+ and I experience excessive vibration at high speed. I believe the wheel bearing is also out which is possibly contributing to the vibration. I have found a steering rack off...
  50. R

CTR 2003 Blower stopped

The resister located behind the glove was what was wrong with mine. First Mr clutch had a look and said I could be looking at £100-300 with no gurantee fix. So I purchased used resistor off ebay for £16 and got local mechanic go fit it for £3. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  51. R

Took my car to Formula one autocentres and they have recommended I try and source a used steering rack with 'you-joint'???. I found a steering rack claiming to be in perfect working condition for £110. What is the you joint? Linked between steering and rack? Labour quoted was £170 including...
  52. R

Anyone using mintex discs with Ferodo pads? Poor braking and pedal sinking

Change/upgrade brake fluid? Braided lines? And possibly better discs? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  53. R

Petrol prices in your area

Sainsburys super, now that's wasting money. Rather use vpower or momentum even if extra few p's Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  54. R

£1.04 per litre :) Portsmouth. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  55. R

Anyone using mintex discs with Ferodo pads? Poor braking and pedal sinking

I've had a year or two with OEM discs and pads on my ep3 and after they were showing signs of wear I decided to upgrade. I upgraded to Mintex discs and ferodo pads and I have to say the pads bite much better but the discs feel absolutely *****. When cold, bite is good. Braking distance is...
  56. R

Steering Rack

Did anybody have a crack than? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  57. R

My Ep3 is crappp, I need to restore it! - What could it be out of my list?

Hi guys, My type R was stunning two years ago, 37,000 miles later it is now not fun to push. Since I had the clutch replaced, my steering wheel is not straight. I have had several tracking checks, all of which were spot on! When I push the car it hops, creaks in reverse, and also if I max out...
  58. R

But it goes into gear no problem when the engine is off which means it the clutch having issues engaging and disengaging I believe. Hopefully it is not the synchros. Gearbox oil was replaced by honda tmf around 6-8 months ago. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  59. R

My clutch has been slipping, well to be more specific, it doesn't go into gear easily when cold. When I start the car cold, clutch fully down and trying to go into first and the car slightly moves forward as I attempt to put it in first gear although it doesn't go. When the car is off, gears...
  60. R

Ah fair enough guys. Makes me think, i do need to do oil changes ahead of time as my mileage is nearly double. I do around 15-20,000 a year, and vtec is used almost daily. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  61. R

Do you vtec much mate? What's your annual mileage? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  62. R

I feared that oil consumption would increase. I switched from semi castrol gtx 10w40 to syntethic 5w40 castrol edge and oil is burning a lot quicker. I've nearly used a litre in under 2 weeks. The thicker 10-40 used to last about 1-3 months depending on mileage and vtec Sent from my iPhone...
  63. R

Car seems sluggish and loud under acceleration

I haven't had them adjusted, maybe I should get them done. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  64. R

Also if I fit a test pipe, will my eml come on? What are the downsides to a test pipe? It's just a decat right? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  65. R

I think it could well be the cat. Not bad suggestion. I already use v-power fuel, I notice a difference in performance although it isn't the problem at hand Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  66. R

Cheers guys, reason I asked was I googled it and some guys were being anal about different brands. I got nothing to worry about :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  67. R

VTEC solenoid ??

Bump Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  68. R

I use synthetic shell helix ultra 5w40. Just after 2-3 weeks I checked and dipstick was below the minimum mark, so I had a complete hard attack on the spot. I needed to drive so I filled up 5w40 castrol edge (blimin £12 per litre - Asda emergency) Anyway my question is how damaging is this...
  69. R

EP3 Intermittent Gear Problem

What is common mileage to get clutch replaced? I have exactly the same issue, and I was hoping it is the clutch instead gearbox. It happens when I take it into vtec. Once it crunched at 7000rpm, it really puts me off and I prefer I stay out of vtec till it's resolved as it sounds like it's...
  70. R

The car still accelerates fine at peak rpm, and sounds 'raspy' loud however if you open throttle in low rpm in any gear i can hear a horrible boy racer type sound coming from underneath me and car feels sluggish until vtec engages. What could this be? From the sounds I think exhaust however the...
  71. R

Pagid discs and pads

Buy discs off eBay with ferodo pads £160. Just fitted mine, so far so good. Pagid was really squeaky, used previously on front and back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  72. R

Secondary sensor wire cut - eml on

My heat shield come off my ep3, resulted in wires to my 2nd sensor to cut. Garage advised sensor needs changing too and quotes £110. Is that okay? Or can wiring be repaired? Before heat shield hit wires I had no issues on my 113,000 ep3. Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  73. R

Formula1 Autocentre quote £467 for brakes

I'm looking at some MTEC discs and Ferodo pads off eBay for £163. MTEC discs any good? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  74. R

Timing belt question

Holy crap, mines on 113,000 with no chain change. What are costs and labour? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  75. R

Formula1 Autocentre quote £467 for brakes

I had brake problems, turns out there's some damage on the inside front disc that could not be seen resulting in uneven wear. Anyway I was shown all four wheels, the rears were overdue too. I was happy to get it all changed but I was quoted £467 to get it all done. I don't mind paying for the...
  76. R

I want to upgrade car!! Discussions welcome!

How much is warranty? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  77. R

Ah ermm I forgot to mention it was the older e46 so yes that changes things. Handling wise the ep3 is soo good. What's handling like on the 330i e92 or 335i? Say budget is upto £10,000. Reason I didn't factor maintenance costs in is because I already assume every car to use a few hundred...
  78. R

EP3 hitting bird head on

Once a bird hit my windscreen at 70mph. I'm so glad I did NOT react with my hands as I would of lost control, I ducked down for some reason quickly, it was a shock something big slamming the screen. R.i.p bird Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  79. R

What people thinks means nothing to me. It has to be about the actual car. I do not use it for track day. Budget varies depending on car. Ep3 is worth £3000 and destroys most 330i worth £7000. My ep3 can do 18mpg on a rapid run, 38mpg on a relaxed drive. M3 was an option but mpg is too...
  80. R

I'm looking to upgrade car. I have had my ep3 2002 for nearly 3years and I am bored of it. It is bog standard, red. I was looking to get integra, which appeals to me because it is expensive and unique which stops people getting it. When I bought my ep3 I was very few of the ones who had one in...
  81. R

Knocking sound/feeling on brake pedal....Grinding sound when turning or braking

Dear typerR forum browsers, My car used to produce a sound when braking (like rusty brakes) on driver side. All pads and discs are new. Now I can hear it scrape on left side when I brake. If the brakes are pressed they shudder, my brake pedal feels like it's 'knocking' If that makes sense...
  82. R

EP3 Annoying sound coming front driver side wheel - video included?

I havent been able to find anything odd like stones etc, havent had time to take it to a garage yet. The brakes are warm as they usually would be after a good drive, nothing too hot.
  83. R

EP3 Annoying sound coming front driver side wheel - video included?

Hi all, The car has developed a sound on the front driver side wheel, the brakes sound like when you return from a long holiday when brakes scrape due to bits of rust. (however they are clean atm) Car is at 112,000 miles, new brake pads and disks last year. However driver side caliper gave...
  84. R

Heater blower not working!

How do you do the diagnostic test? Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
  85. R

I had a problem with one of my front tyres needing changing immediately before a 60mile trip. I could not find Bridgestone in stock so quickly, and the other tyre available was 5mm thicker. So I had to get a New pair of budgets on the front. My biggest regret ever. It is soooooo bad. I turn...
  86. R

125.9 bitche$$$$ Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
  87. R

Oh crap it's been nearly 2months I haven't got a average higher than 22mpg. I need to control my urges more. Also I find when I first start the car in the driveway on a cold morning, it feels like death to me if I try and drive the engine when it is climbing up from 5c. I don't feel like the...
  88. R

Heaters/blower with mind of its own

No one come across this problem? Called up Honda to see roughly how much parts are, Blower Motor £291 Resister £95 I can locate cheaper parts that's not an issue, I can diagnose it. Garages see £££ signs before even asking what the issue is. Thanks again Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
  89. R

Heaters/blower with mind of its own

I have had this problem for a year now and I can't take it anymore. The problem is I cannot show the mechanic because they start working again. The heaters will randomly start blowing and work for days and than they stop for weeks. Sometimes they stop when going round a roundabout. What is...
  90. R

Where can you get these fuel cards from? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  91. R

Re: EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...? I have a ecu reader and from that I've established: 38mpg = driving like grandma with family (once in past year) 30-33 mpg - 80mph with minimal vtec 25-30 mpg- half motorway half countryside 20-25 mpg - my average :) Getting from a to b quickly...
  92. R

Re: EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...? I do about 250 miles a week. After my long drive start of the week I get 32mpg, although throughout the week short journeys 1-5 miles bring it right down to 24mpg. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  93. R

MOT failed on handbrake efficiency

the reading was 14 percent. is this expensive to sort out? The car is due to be repaired at Mr clutch and iI am just wondering what the maximum bill could be? Could readjusting it manually myself help the situation or is it much more serious? iI do feel u have to pull the handbrake...
  94. R

Pagid disks and pads all round bargain

That is a bargain indeed. I think it was £88 for front set of pagid discs and pads. I paid £30 to get it fitted. Honda quoted me £245!
  95. R

Loud noise when reversing until car stops

Its the kind of noise you get when you scrape something flat across a marble floor. Its not a screech but a deep one. If that makes sense?
  96. R

Keys inside car!! No spare!!

loooooooooooooooool honestly? I dont blame anyone for poor advice, all the people i rang up for some solutions (who seemed to know alot more about the subject) were absolutely useless telling me that i would have to wait days for a solution, i wasnt having it, so i tried figuring solution out...
  97. R

Keys inside car!! No spare!!

I unlocked my ep3 with remote. Opened boot. Put keys on top inside. Put luggage in the car. Closed boot. Saw keys. Boots locked. Car locked. Im fuc*ked. What can i do? How strong is the rear window? Honda are trying to find solution to get blank key cut but no luck yet. Will it be...
  98. R

Loud noise when reversing until car stops

Heavy noise from steering when reversing. What could this be? Sorry i cannot provide more info. I have low brake pads and worn discs on front, could this is causing the noise?
  99. R

I paid £1.40 for super unleaded yesterday. Not bad as normal unleaded was £1.36
  100. R

Yess bitchesss!!!! I got 37mpg for my 60mile commute on the 24th attempt!!

Yes it flies after 6000rpm ;) I did have to buy a pair of tyres which cost me £260 for fitted bridgestone potenzas. Not a cheap tyre i have to admit but i will have to see how long they last.
Back