• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Linus27

FK2 - Sunday car cleaning

Thank you, I'm going to try this on my FK2 seats.
  2. Linus27

FL5 New Civic Type R

Hello from SELOC to you and @VTECMattC :) I agree with what both of you say about the Elise and not being able to live with it these days. I replaced my DC5 with my S2 111s and despite liking it, I also can't live with it these days. I enjoy driving my FK2 way more and my Elise will be up for...
  3. Linus27

FK8 Fk8 current values

Well I'm 51 (don't actually look it) and my two cars are a blue FK2 and a Lotus Elise 111s so two very different types of cars. The FK2 is my daily and the Elise is my track car. I don't miss my DC5 either, had it for 7 years, did about 20 track days and it was on 140k and despite loving it...
  4. Linus27

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I'm thinking of moving my Fk2 on as its pretty much wasted on me. I only do a 15 minute drive to work each day and nobody else really goes in the car as we have another family car. Its in great condition with 58k on the clock but its a non GT model in Brilliant Sporty Blue. Do you think these...
  5. Linus27

370z Nismo

Would be interested in gearing how you get on with this after the FK2. I've been thinking recently about swapping my FK2 for a 370z.
  6. Linus27

FK8 Do fk8 get stolen?

My friends was stolen last year. Thieves broke into his house when he was asleep and took the keys.
  7. Linus27

EP3 FK2 Rev Hang

Not sure I am getting used to it, just kills the enjoyment so much. Its more noticeable when you get into higher revs and doing a spirited drive, when you try to keep momentum and do a quick shift, it seems to be even worse as if the car is deliberately trying make you drive more economically...
  8. Linus27

EP3 FK2 Rev Hang

Does anyone else find the rev hang to be quite bad on the FK2? I'm really struggling with it and its really killing the enjoyment of driving the car right now. It's not so bad in higher gears but second to third is just horrible. Anything I can do to make it better or something I need to get...
  9. Linus27

FK2 New FK2 owner - question about the boot

Mine doesn't.
  10. Linus27

FK2 Radio Reset Code

Did a reset on the radio in my FK2 and now its asking me to enter the radio code. My handbook under radio code say N/A which isn't very helpful. Is there a generic code for the radio/infotainment system or is it going to be a trip to the dealer? EDIT: All sorted, start the car, press power...
  11. Linus27

Thanks for your help Mark :D
  12. Linus27

Perfect, thank you :D
  13. Linus27

Well, I thought it was the GT but it's a possibility. I do have a parcel shelf and I do have Sat Nav, rear camera, DAB Radio and all the other infotainment stuff. Update: I dont think it's the GT as the GT models get added luxuries such as dual-zone climate control, front and rear parking...
  14. Linus27

Here you go but yes, I just have a hole
  15. Linus27

I just had a look and I don't have a floor that lifts up. This is what i have in my boot. There's just a cut out and nothing that moves up or can be pulled to slot into place. I'll try and post a picture.
  16. Linus27

I picked up my lovely blue FK2 at the weekend but one thing I noticed was the boot has a large cut out which stops the whole boot being totally flat. It is like there should be a panel to cover this hole and the hole would be an extra storage compartment. Is this correct? Should there be a...
  17. Linus27

Auto Express feature - EP3 and FN2 required for photoshoot

Please pick good colours, for example a white EK9. I saw a lovely looking one at Simply Japanese on Sunday.
  18. Linus27

Midge's Spoon'd DC5

Nice Teg and very similar spec to me. Mine has the following, Championship White Spoon 2-1 decat Spoon B-Pipe Spoon Tower Strut Brace Spoon Stickers K100 Remap I have ES engine mounts and Team Dynamics Race Pro 1.2 wheels. I also have a Spoon N1 back box but as I track mine I needed to go...
  19. Linus27

Honda CR-Z to make comeback with 280bhp Type-R engine

This looks really interesting so fingers crossed it happens.
  20. Linus27

Thats what I've been saying all along since the concept came out. Just looks too much like the old car. At least the EK9 and EP3 looked totally different but the last bunch of CTR's have all looked the same. Lazy designers.
  21. Linus27

FN2 Average age?

I'm 44, 2 kids, wife, mortgage and drive a DC5 in CW with black wheels a noisy Spoon exhaust. Despite only looking mid 30's, personally I don't give a ****. As soon as I start to worry what others think over my enjoyment and succumb to the peer pressure of fitting in with the sensible brigade is...
  22. Linus27

EP3 TGM Fleet

Ah ok, yes, it was. My daughter and I were sort of standing under it saying to my wife, look, that's what you want, an S2000, yes mummy, you need to get an S2000 :)
  23. Linus27

EP3 TGM Fleet

Is it dark blue? I am sure I saw one on Monday on the ramp?
  24. Linus27

EP3 TGM Fleet

TGM are awesome. Picked my DC5 up from them yesterday and left my MX5 with them. Your car will be in safe hands at TGM. Great bunch of people.
  25. Linus27

Mikey81's - 2008 S2000

Hey Mike, that was me talking to Tom and leaving when you turned up today and ask if you needed to move. Only realised when I saw the S2000 :)
  26. Linus27

Honda S2000 to be reborn

I like that.
  27. Linus27

Mikey81's - 2008 S2000

Hey Mike, your S2000 looked great in M&S/Tesco's car park today :) Mine was the dirty looking silver Impreza WRX parked next to you.
  28. Linus27

Mikey81's - 2008 S2000

Hi, I am in Camberley so will keep an eye out for your EP3 and S2000. I have just sold my cosmic EP3 and now have a CW DC5. I did say to the wife today that I fancy an S2000 as a second car and I got that look which kind of translates to "you will die as I will kill you if you buy one" :)
  29. Linus27

Alloy refurb in South East?

Did TGM say how much? My car always goes to them and my wheels could do with a refurb at some point.
  30. Linus27

K100/KPro - Trackdays and Noise Limit Tests

Apologies if this has been discussed, I did search but could not find anything. Planning on getting a K100 remap soon and wondering how it will work with trackdays and noise limit tests. I believe at the moment, when stationary, my EP3 will only rev to 5,800 until it hits the limiter. There is...
  31. Linus27

TEGIWA Cat back thoughts?

The rm01a is supposed to be quiet. I wonder what this setup would be like with a decat and how loud it would be. Looks a nice system and the rm01a is supposed to be one of the best.
  32. Linus27

Hondata k100

Eurospec 2000 in Pirbright.
  33. Linus27

Sports cat and other guidance needed!

I'm probably going down the route of Japspeed 4-2-1 manifold, Supersprint silenced mid pipe and OEM back box and hoping it's not going to be stupid loud as I track my Ep3. Would love to keep a in-silenced mid pipe but I believe it will be too loud. I think your setup will be loud but bearable...
  34. Linus27

Heat soak

Do you have a link? I would be very interested to see what the loses are. I bet they are so small that for day to day driving, they are hardly if at all noticable which is the point I was making. Throttle response was far improved for my EP3 when moving over to an AEM V2 from an ITG Maxogen. As...
  35. Linus27

Cannot decide on exhaust for civic ep3, need help!!!!

Cranny, is your system with a silenced or unsilenced mid pipe?
  36. Linus27

engine mount inserts

Have you had a remap done yet? Also, did you notice much noise increase going to a decat? What back box, mid pipe are you running?
  37. Linus27

Heat soak

Don't get too hung up on this heat soak stuff. It's not really an issue and makes no difference in day to day driving. I have the Aem v2 intake and is superb. It is an open cone filter and the throttle response is amazing compared to the ITG induction kit I had before. Prior to that I had a...
  38. Linus27

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

Looks beautiful, especially with the OEM wheels. Hope it all works out ok and you don't have too many headaches.
  39. Linus27

Thinking of selling - Value of EP3?

Thanks for your input guys, at least I was pretty spot on.
  40. Linus27

Thinking of selling - Value of EP3?

Mulling over the idea of selling my EP3 as I am doing around 14k miles a year and fancy something a bit more comfortable. I kind of have a price in mind but interested on hearing others views. The spec is, 2005 Cosmic Grey with 80k. Aircon Condition is excellent apart from a few kerbing marks...
  41. Linus27

Rattling noise on cold startup?

I have the starter motor noise on my EP3. Its very common and not much you can do about it.
  42. Linus27

Hondata reflash

Yep me too. I am still unsure on going decat or not due to the extra noise, especially having an un-silenced b-pipe. I don't fancy spending around a grand to get manifold and remap to find it is too loud and then changing it all back and needing to pay for another remap. However, I want more...
  43. Linus27

how to remove your ecu ep3

Thanks Loxy.
  44. Linus27

Hondata reflash

This is pretty much the same as the Prodrive Performance Pack for Subaru's where you get Prodrive's own generic off the shelf map. Its not tuned to your car and the gains per car vary slightly but are pretty much the same which is Subaru's case takes the stock car from 225bhp to around 265bhp...
  45. Linus27

how to remove your ecu ep3

Is it worth disconnecting the battery when doing this?
  46. Linus27

Hondata reflash

How easy is it to take out the ECU? Is it just a case of unplugging or unscrewing? Any guides?
  47. Linus27

DC Sports 4-2-1 Manifold - JDM Front Arb

Thanks for all your help and been good chatting :)
  48. Linus27

HAHAHA excellent. I said I'm not going to track mine and a few weeks later, I was tracking it :D We never learn do we :)
  49. Linus27

I've read good things about the Japspeed one but as everyone raves about the DC manifold, I thought I would play it safe and get that. I know, I wonder how many people say that and then start doing other stuff as they get bored :)
  50. Linus27

I currently have an unsilenced B-Pipe and OEM back box which to be honest, is pretty quiet anyway so a tad more noise would be welcome. This setup would remain also as after the DC manifold is fitted, it would be a remap and the car is finished. The DC manifold seems to be the best bang for...
  51. Linus27

Thanks Dazzawest for the info. Did you notice moving to the DC manifold that the car got much louder? Big jump or just a little bit?
  52. Linus27

Just a quick question. When fitting a DC Sports 4-2-1 manifold to an EP3, does it require the JDM front ARB or will it fit with the OEM front ARB? I know some 4-2-1 manifolds require the JDM front ARB but couldn't find anything saying the DC Sports manifold does. Thank you.
  53. Linus27

Can ITG cause hydrolock?

I had an ITG and no problem at all. I can't really see how water could get in unless you drive into a lake :)
  54. Linus27

ep3 exhaust note

I also have standard back box and unsilenced mid pipe and it sounds great. Not too loud but nice and raspy/sporty when you boot it. Gets better as it gets more coked up. Planning on getting a 4-2-1 manifold also so I hope this does not make it too much louder.
  55. Linus27

DC2 DB8 DC5 Finally at TGM!

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the difference from unmapped to now having the K100. Tom at the guys/gals at TGM will look after you for sure.
  56. Linus27

That looks nice as the old car but I hope the new car will be a totally different shape like previous CTR's have been.
  57. Linus27

DC2 DB8 DC5 Would you consider EP3 to DC5 worth doing?

Out of interest, if the DC5 is considered a better car than an EP3, where would a DC2 sit in the rankings? Higher than an EP3 or lower? Higher than a DC5 or lower? Just interested really in opinions.
  58. Linus27

Big end bearing rumble

You sure its not the starter motor. They are common on cold starts to make a noise.
  59. Linus27

THE MOT...

Mine was MOT'ed on Monday and sailed through with no advisory's. 2005 Cosmic with 72k on the clock. I guess that's why TGM look after my cars and are in tip top condition.
  60. Linus27

fitting a shift light into the ep3 wiring

Keep us posted as interested also.
  61. Linus27

DC Sports or Japspeed Manifold?

Yes, just looking at all my options still. Is it the Japspeed 4-1 that you are referring to?
  62. Linus27

No, my plan is to do at the same time at the end of June. MOT and manifold at TGM and then to Euro Spec for K100 and remap. However, the extra noise is a concern so at the moment I am considering not changing the manifold and staying oem and just get the remap with my current mods which is an...
  63. Linus27

Not on if the DC sports is a better option over the Japspeed. I was going going to order this week so interested if it was worth paying extra for the DC.
  64. Linus27

The DC is £389 and the Japspeed is £189 I think with the discount. However, that's not good if having a decat makes the car stupid loud as the car will be a daily also. Might give it a miss a just get a remap with my current mods.
  65. Linus27

Looking to get an 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and have read great things about the DC Sports one as well as the Japspeed one. As the Japspeed is pretty much half the price over the DC Sports one, is there any benifit of paying the extra for thE DC Sports one? Also, does a 4-2-1 decay make your car...
  66. Linus27

Alfa Romeo 156 of win

I've heard back from the garage and good news, these are the bits that have failed the MOT :p
  67. Linus27

All please reply, both standard and modified

Had a look and sorted. Took me a couple of minutes to work out how to adjust the cable but very simple in the end. Only tightened it a tiny bit but seems so much better. Throttle is a lot smoother and the slip dip in revs/hesitation when going into 2nd has now gone. Top suggestions :)
  68. Linus27

All please reply, both standard and modified

Hey, if you could put a guide up for this, that would be superb.
  69. Linus27

4-1 manifold keep OEM cat

Hey ijwhiteman, did you get your car mapped with the 4-1 manifold and ITG? Just wondering what gains you made in the end.
  70. Linus27

Anyone know if a supersprint b pipe will catch on speed bumps ?

if your car is lowered then yes it will.
  71. Linus27

Cosmic Grey Premier Edition - STOLEN FROM EAST LONDON NEAR UPNEY STATION THIS MORNING

Bugger, sorry to hear this. How was it stolen on a test drive? Did you not go out on the test drive?
  72. Linus27

Scruffy's 3rd Type R - Back in the USSR, actually no a Civic Type R.

That's cool, the PRC suits me for the same reason as you have said and the price is much better. N o worries about checking out the ITG. Its very quiet though but the un-silenced mid pipe is nice :)Just wondering if a DC Sports cat back would give better gains and flow better than the...
  73. Linus27

I believe the ITG was one of the best for gains.
  74. Linus27

What will give me better gains?

Going to get a k100 remap done to my EP3 at some point soon. To get the most out of the remap, what would give me better gains, an un-silenced mid pipe with OEM back box or a DC sports cat back exhaust system? Thanks in advance.
  75. Linus27

No not me if suited and booted. I can't remember the last time I wore a suit :) I do get a wave from a girl driving to work most mornings in a white DC5. She comes from Pirbright bends, through Frimley Green and heads towards Frimley. No idea who she is though :) So where are you getting the...
  76. Linus27

Where to K100 remap - Any difference?

Will do :)
  77. Linus27

Which b pipe to get? scorpion?

Always worth new bolts and gasket, especially as they cost pennies.
  78. Linus27

Which b pipe to get? scorpion?

I have Sportex and very happy with it. With the OEM back box it made 81db at Castle Combe noise test. Has a very nice rasp to it.
  79. Linus27

Thank you and I don't think you can get a better reply than that.
  80. Linus27

Thanks everyone. Looks like Euro-Spec here I come :)
  81. Linus27

Cheers Lottie :)
  82. Linus27

Plan on getting a K100 remap done to my EP3. I keep reading great things about Paul at TDI North but Euro-Spec are just up the road from me. Worth going all the way to TDI North or will Euro-Spec do a good enough job?
  83. Linus27

Soooo it's not a Honda

Awsome stuff Lottie, always loved the love of the Z4 coupe.
  84. Linus27

evo_works' exhaust thread

Ok thank you. I have an unsilenced mid pipe already with the OEM back box and its 91db. I wonder if going decat is going to be too loud for track days.
  85. Linus27

evo_works' exhaust thread

Has anyone who has gone from an OEM cat to the Japspeed 4-2-1 decat noticed much increase in noise?
  86. Linus27

Biggest gains?

Thanks guys. Is there a big difference between the two setups or just something like 3 - 5bhp?
  87. Linus27

Biggest gains?

With a K100 remap on an EP3, what would give the bigger gains, RBC intake manifold with unsilenced mid pipe and OEM back box or 4-2-1 exhaust manifold with decat, unsilenced mid pipe and OEM back box Just wondering which one to go for when I get a K100 remap done.
  88. Linus27

04 Accord Euro R (CL7)

I think the Euro R sounds the best but would have to try and drive both.
  89. Linus27

04 Accord Euro R (CL7)

Thanks you. So improving the suspension on the Type S and maybe fitting an LSD which bring it closer but generally, they are not too different anyway. From what I've seen, the prices of the Type S are a far bit lower than a Euro R. Plus, a fair few Type S Accords for sale but not many Euro R's.
  90. Linus27

04 Accord Euro R (CL7)

Love the look of the Accord and would consider one after the EP3. I don't know much about these cars. What the difference between an Accord Euro R and an Accord Type S? Is the Euro R an import and exactly the same or is there a difference?
  91. Linus27

Hondas-on-Track

Hey Wasabi, they would be great. Pop over to the forum and introduce yourself.
  92. Linus27

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

In case anyone is interested, my car has the unsilenced b-pipe with OEM back box, cat and manifold and at Castle Combe it read 91db static.
  93. Linus27

Nice one Scuffy. I was half expecting to see your new car in red as there is an EP3 parked where your other halfs parents park. Clearly not you then unless your odd jobs involved changing the car colour from Cosmic to red :)
  94. Linus27

What power would I run?????

Thats a cracking price (y)
  95. Linus27

What power would I run?????

What about the Japspeed 4-2-1 manifold which removes the cat? Is this worth doing or would you still say to keep OEM manifold and just get a decat?
  96. Linus27

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

If they announce a new Integra Type R I might do a little excitment wee :)
  97. Linus27

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

I found this bit interesting, "The new Civic Type-R will be one of the first of a number of performance models that Honda is looking to produce as a backbone to its whole range. “We want a range that is genuinely perceived to be sporty, but with a range of practical models sitting underneath,”...
  98. Linus27

Silicone Induction Hoses?

If the OEM is fine and has not split, is there any other reason to change to a silicone or is it just for looks and durability?
  99. Linus27

Silicone Induction Hoses?

Are Silicone Induction Hoses really worth it and make much difference or is the OEM hose good enough? I currently have an ITG Induction but its still using the OEM hose. wondering if its worth getting a silicone hose.
  100. Linus27

Hondas On Track - Castle Combe 26th April 2013

If anyone is looking to do a well organised, friendly track day then Hondas on Track have one on Friday 26th April at Castle Combe. There are only two spaces left so head over quick to http://www.hondas-on-track.com/forums/index.php?topic=4693.0 and get yourself booked in.
Back