• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. TerryCTR

Hello from Area Motorsport (Honda content)

I can vouch for the quality of work, being that its my JDM in the photo. Anyone insterested in improving the handling side of things should deffinately go and have their car corner weighted. I had quite alot of work carried out and was well impressed even after a 10 hour round trip on the road :D
  2. TerryCTR

DC2 DB8 DC5 Thinking of buying a dc5 whats a fair price

Still a nice quiet oem exhaust means you could take the family out in it more, best give me the spoon
  3. TerryCTR

You're not really going to sell up though?
  4. TerryCTR

Its a nice car mate, but im looking for a standard one as I have plans for what I want to do with it.
  5. TerryCTR

:lol: Yes I know, but are you going to sell me it?
  6. TerryCTR

Yeah I know the mileage shouldn't impact on how a well maintained one performs, but I will put a significant amount on so I am aiming for a lowish miles example. It looks like I will pay a further premium for a nhb, and the fact I would need to change the wheels immediately as I don't like...
  7. TerryCTR

I had the lsd in my ep3 so I will be able to compare when I test a dc5 out. As a side question, does the N1 from an EP3 fit the dc5, I don't think it does?
  8. TerryCTR

Does the JDM EP3 have the hydraulic steering like the dc5, I thought that made it a better drive.
  9. TerryCTR

Yes Audi have p*ssed me off and I want to free up some cash anyway for the new flat. I wouldn't use dicksons they are robbing c*nts and I know plenty of bad stories about them. The jdm ep3 is nice but its still not a dc5, doesn't have the brembo brakes for a start and the dc5 is meant to be...
  10. TerryCTR

Yeah I realised that today mate that the nhb's cost some more. I have been on to a couple of importers and I realise Ill pay more using them, but if the right one doesn't come up for sale then thats what Ill have to do as there is no other car I want now. I have seen a very nice champ white in...
  11. TerryCTR

Do you not think thats £1,500 over priced going on your earlier valuations mate?
  12. TerryCTR

I thought he had decided to keep it again :lol: but even worse I want one thats got quite low miles as Ill put a fair bit on the work commute so I don't want to come to selling it and have it sitting at over 100K. I see there isn't many on the dc5 forum so Im going to take a shafting most...
  13. TerryCTR

:lol: Which mod is it I report such vulgar and racist slurs to? I have decided I want a nhb with red recaros - not so easy finding one of those.
  14. TerryCTR

Makes sense, I hope you have some change spare to buy some tobacco to smoke by your fireside in your tartan slippers. Im the same on the dc5 front 30-50k miles is what im after. You should maybe put up a wanted thread on the dc5 forum as having the cash sitting there could tempt a few to sell up.
  15. TerryCTR

No problem mate, what mileage is yours on and does your mate import for a living?
  16. TerryCTR

I don't intend to only pay 8k though, Id expect to pay around £10k for a decent low mileage one.
  17. TerryCTR

What do you mean mate. Where did you get yours from Im near glasgow so not that far away to come buy yours lol
  18. TerryCTR

:lol: There is a minor seat sagging issue, its a well known problem and I decided to kick up fcuk. Trading standards have taken on the case and I even have emails from Audi saying they will reject if I give them one more shot at fixing it - but I declined. With a new flat move coming and a...
  19. TerryCTR

Someone else said that when I seen a 10k 51 plate imported. I agree to an extent I would prefer a newer plate also, but someone could just use it as a weekend toy and therefore the miles wouldn't rack up yet it would be kept ticking over.
  20. TerryCTR

What happened to the Evo X. What mileage are you looking at? I have a nice tt that would suit you! I think thats fair what you listed, do such low mileage examples actually exist though at that price?
  21. TerryCTR

As the title states, having a few issues with Audi and now I have it in my head that ill successfully reject the car and with a new flat move imminent I thought I would save some cash and buy and older motor - can't see anything better than a dc5 :confused: Its going to have to be champ white...
  22. TerryCTR

New Toy

My paranoia with this car has reached an all time high, I wouldn't let it out of my sight. Yeah, late night drinks, burgers and talking sh*te was all good :lol:
  23. TerryCTR

New Toy

Its the 2.0l TTC not the TTS unfortunately, far too long a wait for one of those but its next!
  24. TerryCTR

New Toy

Cheers mate, yup I think white suits this car best but I would always go for black on most occasions. Ah well thats one down side to it all no JAE this year :(
  25. TerryCTR

New Toy

Cheers mate :D
  26. TerryCTR

New Toy

Cheers lads, Its obviously very nice and quiet :lol: to drive after the full spoon from the mani back and has alot more gadgets. The extra torque is also great for instant go, totally different car to drive to my EP3 when it was at its maximum moddage, I look down and realise I am into 3...
  27. TerryCTR

New Toy

A few of my new toy as requested by some members sorry for the delay
  28. TerryCTR

K-pro mapping/dealers nearby Glasgow?

A guy called Henry down in Ayrshire will now map k pro, dunno if you have heard of him but he has a good rep.
  29. TerryCTR

How would you spend £1k on your type r

LSD for me I think
  30. TerryCTR

xdcx SS EP3

Hard to tell from the picutures but it actually looks like the rear is sitting higher than the front now, but I guess thats because the handbrake is on. Looking good anyway :cool:
  31. TerryCTR

Spoon n1 noise level

I think its actually quite quiet just driving normally, I was used to a spec III right enough. I would say at exactly 60 on the speedo its a little drony, but above and below its fine. Nickctr thought so too and he can't handle noise at all.
  32. TerryCTR

Spoon n1 noise level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6hiRnpka40 mines on the dyno, I do have the spoon manifold as well but it will give you an idea how it sounds with the spoon b pipe
  33. TerryCTR

Insurance - modified

Thats good to know, as I was told de-catting is illegal on the road in new motors.
  34. TerryCTR

Insurance - modified

Yeah but lottie has a dc manifold, which means de cat. So I was just wondering what they say about that.
  35. TerryCTR

Insurance - modified

Does that include the manifold?
  36. TerryCTR

Crashed my car! Help!

Insurance claim then mate, you would be mad not to at that cost.
  37. TerryCTR

JDM type r... best cat back exhaust?

I agree, full spoon from the manifold back does sound :twisted:
  38. TerryCTR

Aftermarket cruise control...

:lol::lol:
  39. TerryCTR

spoon cat back

That won't be the correct price, way dearer than that at this point.
  40. TerryCTR

Coilovers

Not long enough to say they will work better than the d2's you had for example so I can't argue that. But I do know 2 other people who have had them around that length of time, using them for track days and touch wood to date there has been no issues. I also did alot of research on them on...
  41. TerryCTR

Coilovers

My buddyclubs were less than 1k, much better ride than springs offer and alot more comfier than teins/d2's on the EP3
  42. TerryCTR

thud from front end

Is the car lowered
  43. TerryCTR

My '05 NHB CTR - Time to say goodbye :(

They are fitted son, I told you im sure :confused:
  44. TerryCTR

My '05 NHB CTR - Time to say goodbye :(

It was the 35w 6k kit, Looking good Dave, about time too. I'd still not have mines if I waited to see how these look :lol:
  45. TerryCTR

My CTR vs DC5 thread

Yes, the stoptechs make it even better :twisted:
  46. TerryCTR

My CTR vs DC5 thread

Just a bit, coupled with the N+ coilys it really is great to drive, nothing like stock :cool:
  47. TerryCTR

My CTR vs DC5 thread

I got a dc5 lsd for £200, it required 2 new diff bearings £57.50, Gasket Seal £11.50, 2ltrs Honda Gearbox Oil £17.25 and fitting was £362.25. Total cost - £648.50. If your gonna do this you will probably be best replacing the clutch and potentially the fly which is gonna bump the cost up...
  48. TerryCTR

Which Coilover's?

I have these on my EP3, they give a better ride quality than any car with teins I have been in, due to them being internally threaded I think its called. They are also alot better than the abp springs I had with fast road, and they allow me to drive much quicker on the road.
  49. TerryCTR

FN2

Very nice, as others have said the harnesses make the alloys go even better :cool:
  50. TerryCTR

Porsche Brakes

The stoptechs are modelled on the porsche brakes I think so maybe there is a chance they would go on......why not just get stoptechs instead. They fit behind the oem rim.
  51. TerryCTR

Cam cover removal 'help'

Comes off pretty easy but you should loosen the bracket holding the brake fluid etc - cant mind which one, as it catches coming off so you want it out the wasy to avoid scraping the paint re-fitting. Also dont tighten the bolts too much, I heard that cant fcuk the threads.
  52. TerryCTR

New Toy

Hmmm, debateable :p
  53. TerryCTR

New Toy

Thanks Joe, any tips on how to fix the bonnet. I think the laquer is still on but its just not shining at all :(
  54. TerryCTR

New Toy

We shall see how long that lasts :lol:
  55. TerryCTR

New Toy

Same here Nick, one scrape last night going down a farm road, the b pipe is only something like 10mm off the ground :eek: Cheers mate, its had some work last night and today, could still do with somemore but its p*ssing it down non stop up here so quite difficult to do. I think ill pass on...
  56. TerryCTR

New Toy

Spoon N1 and spoon b pipe now on:
  57. TerryCTR

Eibach Springs

Depends what strut you want, but you will get the rear jdm arb from Unit 8.
  58. TerryCTR

Eibach Springs

You will need to register on ctro to see the details
  59. TerryCTR

Eibach Springs

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=193184 He just wants the sale for the coilys. There is a 6 month old set for sale for £525 on ctro, worth a buy for sure
  60. TerryCTR

Eibach Springs

From abp motorsports its £150 I think ill go try find the link
  61. TerryCTR

Eibach Springs

You can indeed, They do the pro line kit which lowers something like 25mm front 20mm rear, they also do a sportline kit which lowers 35mm front 30mm rear I think......but they have just developed a kit for abp that lowers 35mm all round and thats what I would go for.
  62. TerryCTR

My Murdered Out Civic *Gone*

Looking very clean mate, the spoiler looks good :cool:
  63. TerryCTR

New Toy

They look good when they are clean, but a major pain keeping them that way. Rotas look much better dirty :lol:
  64. TerryCTR

New Toy

The slam didn't have much taken off it, we just skimmed it, but its too close and needs some more off.
  65. TerryCTR

New Toy

Yup fitted today hungover, pretty straightforward.
  66. TerryCTR

New Toy

67. TerryCTR

New Toy

Maybe once I get the spoon etc on and give it a good clean before jae, just now its filthy yet again :rolleyes:
  68. TerryCTR

spoon street type back box

I think there is one for sale on ctro lecurie incase you still want one
  69. TerryCTR

spoon street type back box

Yeah its gonna be loud mate, not for you by the sounds of it
  70. TerryCTR

New Toy

Yup, im glad you went for the wavetrac :cool:
  71. TerryCTR

New Toy

Received my cam cover today from Brencivic on ctro :cool: Also got this on the way shortly :cool:
  72. TerryCTR

Some Snaps of my Type R 30th Anniversary

Nice, some jdm wind deflectors would go well :cool:
  73. TerryCTR

painted my wheels today

The colour definately suits satin silver, but as mentioned I would get rid of the R centre caps and get some Honda ones.
  74. TerryCTR

Fitted 35mm springs :( help please..

Are they abp springs mines used to do that, not much you can do to stop it
  75. TerryCTR

BC Racing BR Damper Kit EP3

Meant to be a crashy ride on the scoobs I would have thought they would have been the same as the evo's
  76. TerryCTR

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

Told you that you would get it to sit flush to the grille, siebon sh*t is pretty decent
  77. TerryCTR

New Toy

Thanks mate :D
  78. TerryCTR

New Toy

:D Thats the look I was after
  79. TerryCTR

New Toy

Cheers dotty, hopefully 250bhp to come in time for our race at JAE :lol:
  80. TerryCTR

New Toy

Cheers mate, im sure there are plenty of bargains to be had out there get looking.
  81. TerryCTR

Quaife dif

Just had a jdm one fitted, makes some difference in the corners :cool:
  82. TerryCTR

30AE - Tein SS and Spoon Mani

When does the spoon go on, that will beefen up the noise some more :twisted:
  83. TerryCTR

New Toy

:lol: Good, its a must.
  84. TerryCTR

New Toy

I had to take it easy to let the clutch/fly run in Nick so it wasn't until tonight I seen what the diff can do :cool: Feel free to kip here if it means you get fast road :rolleyes::lol:
  85. TerryCTR

My new toy! + Airbus A380

Nice dc5, my work makes the engine parts for the airbus
  86. TerryCTR

New Toy

Just back from unit 8, big thanks to stevie and mark for all the hard work :cool: The car made 244 bhp and 160.5 ft lb which I would be over the moon with and I am but......... the flexi section is blowing in the spoon so with this repaired, new spark plugs and an oil change Mark says I will...
  87. TerryCTR

New Toy

Cheers lads, Joe - Im near glasgow! It was gleaming tonight so it just goes to show that my camera skills are sh*te as it doesn't look very clean.
  88. TerryCTR

New Toy

I know mate, the whole car needs a good going over, its coming soon after I fit the rbc.
  89. TerryCTR

Hatton's Integra DC5

Very nice, I like black team dynamics on champ whites myself - like dotty's old teg :cool:
  90. TerryCTR

my milano type r, ***a few new bits arrived today pg26***

Very nice mate :cool:
  91. TerryCTR

New Toy

Got the rotas on today well pleased :cool:
  92. TerryCTR

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

Nice :cool:
  93. TerryCTR

New Toy

I need to polish them first then find someone who will actually swap my tyres over without destroying the paint on them. Most places up here will not do the work unless you buy tyres from them :rolleyes:
  94. TerryCTR

New Toy

I know mate, been a long long wait - can't wait to get them on myself
  95. TerryCTR

New Toy

True time well spent doing it before they go on the car
  96. TerryCTR

New Toy

About 45-50 for the full set, check unit 8's web site for a price
  97. TerryCTR

New Toy

I asked for black but got silver :rolleyes: Im going for the mutegi ones I think when I see them in the flesh at unit 8. The ultralites look cool but there has been cases of them having to be drilled off the car as the thread went so Im staying away from them.
  98. TerryCTR

New Toy

I got them thankfully. The oem ones will fit but you will find them difficult to get on without scratching the paint due to the hole being so small. Internally threaded ones would be an even better idea.
Back