• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. mrhaz

Fuel filter question

Hi, all I'm wondering if someone can help me on here had the ep3 for a while now. I just dont understand why my fuel light comes on with 15 litres remaining on fuel the most I've filled up is around 35-37 litres max and it's a 50 litre tank. Anyone else come across this. The filter was changed...
  2. mrhaz

Few issues after a while

Hi, all haven't been on here for a while have got quite bit of knowledge but would appreciate the help. Right first one by turning steering lightly to the right, half or full lock a very loud kind of creak noise appears constant comes and goes with this cold its constant. Will anything require...
  3. mrhaz

Help please steering issue

Hi, I have 2005 ep3 I have had laser alignment done the suspension, ball joints and bushes etc have been checked out I have put 32psi all round in tyres but the steering is more heavy to the right than left but overall is stiff and heavy. I dont know why it's doing this but it does it temporary...
  4. mrhaz

Haz's Cosmic EP3

Hi, owners club members after owning the ep3 for nearly 3 years I have finally got the chance to put some pictures up. Its a 2005 facelift with ac which i purchased with 78k miles and full service history. These are from the other day after a full wash and wax, cleaned all interior, washed all...
  5. mrhaz

advice needed on first speaker install

Hi, I am after a decent sound so decided to just put speakers in. Speaking to the dude at car Audio security he has said the front component size is 5 and a quarter is this right as some are using 6.5??? I am thinking about installing a full Rockford t series set which will be 100rms each...
  6. mrhaz

steam inside car

Hi, the civic ep3 gets so much steam inside and very hard to clear. I have changed pollen filters not long ago and the windows always have some sort of fog on them inside especially the back two and front 2 as well. I always run heater full on warm but it still doesn't clear from inside either...
  7. mrhaz

cooling fan question

Hi, just noticed that the drivers side fan is the fan that cools down the car as well runs the ac and passenger side fan doesn't work had car probably like this for 2 years any ideas if anything is wrong here cheers.
  8. mrhaz

abs light fault

A month ago I started my car as I was going up the road noticed the abs light on. Stopped checked brake fluid level and car was stopping fine. Had a good local guy look at it straight after he put the computer on and couldn't see any faults. Today after driving car for half an hour this is the...
  9. mrhaz

rattle on start up

I know this thread has previously been on the forum but I would like to know where to look at i have a rattle on nearly every start up first thing in morning. If I turn key slightly it don't rattle if I turn it as normal I can hear it. I had someone turn the key today can't understand where its...
  10. mrhaz

noise from front of car

Quite recently as I am reversing my car on drive and steering is coming towards passenger side slightly I can hear like a loud sort of creak I would call it or when there's like a door making that odd noise when opening but a bit louder. The bushes and linkages have not been done long ago will...
  11. mrhaz

slight vibration/rattle on low revs

As title says have slight vibration/rattle when in low revs on releasing clutch when car is completely warm. There is a bracket near the air intake underneath and there's is bit of round runner sort of part thats wobbly any ideas..? Also could someone put pictures up for all the front engine...
  12. mrhaz

whining noise still there after repair

The whining noise at 2krpm is still there. The mechanic said its the ac air con compressor I got the part he put part in cost me over 100 for lot and now the noise is still there. I have also changed top idler pulley aux belt and got all other pulleys checked. The noise is coming from the...
  13. mrhaz

2 problems i had for a while with car

Number 1 when I'm slowing down in second at very low speeds I can hear a slight whirring noise from rear.. Number 2 when parked idle when I push clutch in noise goes as soon as I release clutch noise comes back. Looking on forum its pointing towards input shaft bearing but the gear box selects...
  14. mrhaz

loose passenger seat rattles

As title says have a loose passenger seat gets quite annoying at times. All the bolts seem tight any pointers on how to sort this out cheers.
  15. mrhaz

clutch fluid cloudy

As title says the clutch fluid is cloudy yellow and is black from bottom have changed fluid twice now and recently did it a week ago. Any idea what this could be seals etc?? Cheers
  16. mrhaz

finally got to the bottom of the annoying whining noise from aux area

Sorry for the long post I gave car in garage today for this problem to get inspected. So I purchased genuine parts from tegiwa a tensioner pulley idler pulley and got aux belt from Honda dealer. I was assuming that the whine was from these 3 things. The local independent mechanic who had car in...
  17. mrhaz

Are these genuine honda parts?

Hi, as above are these all genuine parts has anyone from here used this site as the prices are quite reasonable than dealers cheers. http://japserviceparts.co.uk/products/civic/honda-civic-ep3-type-r-01-on.html
  18. mrhaz

engine misfire

Took the ep to the local mechanic earlier to get the pulleys checked as he was checking I had to turn car off and on 3-4 times. Just before leaving I started it I felt a misfire there was some white smoke from exhaust and the engine was bit wobbly only for like 30 seconds. I called him by the...
  19. mrhaz

Ac makes a clicking noise when switched on

As title says quite recently I noticed as soon as the ac button is turned on there's like a clicking noise coming from the front. This only happens as soon as the button is pressed any ideas...? Cheers haz
  20. mrhaz

does the clutch have seperate master cylinder to brakes or same?

Hi, quite recently my brakes have started to sink the clutch and brake fluids are very dirty. The mechanic has said it could be the brake master cylinder what I want to know is the brake master cylinder the same one as clutch or do they both have separate master cylinders? Also while I'm here...
  21. mrhaz

vtec cross over

Hi, I was thinking bout an induction kit to get a bit more out of vtec but what I was wondering is do you still get the cross over noise without an aftermarket induction on the stock box or will I need to upgrade to get the noise?
  22. mrhaz

oil light on with second click ignition

As title says my oil light stays on with second click ignition with the battery, seat belt and eps is this normal or is my oil low.? I always check my oil on cold and its on the max line.
  23. mrhaz

brake pedal sinks while steering is slightly turned

As title says the pedal sinks while steering is slightly turned. I had it in for a mot all the brakes were checked nothing seemed wrong apart from the handbrake the guy said it needs adjusting any ideas cheers.
  24. mrhaz

eps light came on during emissions at mot

I took my car to mot today it passed, only problem it has was the handbrake needed adjusting. The other thing is when the guy was doing the emissions he had his foot on throttle and the eps light came on as soon as he moved car forward on the ramp it turned straight off. Any ideas what this was...
  25. mrhaz

still have that noise at 2-3krpm can someone help

Hi everyone I put a post up in the past I had a noise coming from drivers side aux area. When cars started on cold and the revs reach towards 2.5-3krpm there's like a screech sort of whistling whining noise. The mechanic took of the whole belt today and checked all pulleys and said its all...
  26. mrhaz

colour has changed in coolant

I was checking my coolant last night and its like an orange colour its not normally like this. Isit because of the cold? I dipped a bit of tissue in and it comes out blue. I changed the radiator six months ago and put in Honda type 2 coolant any ideas what's up with this????
  27. mrhaz

black moisture inside back box any ideas?

I have a buddyclub exhaust on my car the back box has got a bit of black moisture in there when I drive it and park up sometimes the back is slightly wet with a tad of water and its black moisture is this normal as its happening to my friends hks back box as well any ideas cheers.
  28. mrhaz

stiff gear changes any ideas????

Hi, sorry for the long post can someone help me please as I don't understand why my car gears are stiff. Mainly stiff when cold. When I put car in second it goes in smooth when cold but when warm its like it clicks on something before going in but its not excessive just like a slight feel. The...
  29. mrhaz

Noise from pulley alternator area at 3krpm

I recently put a thread up about this in another section still haven't got any idea what's wrong. When I start car from cold and revs go up I can hear like a whine near alternator at idle and moving. When cars warm after 10-15 mins noise goes. Mechanic said its either alternator bearing or the...
  30. mrhaz

noise coming from middle of car

I have a buddyclub centre pipe back box fitted at about 3krpm I can hear something touching a metal like a tin rattle. Its definitely not heat shield that's removed and ivtec cover is sitting fine the noise is from centre of exhaust any ideas thanks.
  31. mrhaz

revs rise when changing from 3rd to 4th

Hi, I had a new oem clutch installed about 500miles ago today I was giving car some beans from 3rd to 4th at about 5krpm the revs just rises when I dipped the clutch to get in to 4th any ideas??? It also did this when I took the car to 7krpm on a steep hill changed to 4th and I heard the revs...
  32. mrhaz

gearbox replace or refurb??

Hi, a friend of mine has got the 1st to second gear crunch he has put new clutch in last year and replaced the gearbox with a used one and it seems that the box his put in has had damaged syncros. He is thinking bout getting the box refurbished any ideas on the rates if someone was to put in new...
  33. mrhaz

redex any good???

Hi ever since I've owned my ep3 its always been running on vpower I might be doing a 300 mile trip was wondering if I can pour in half a bottle of redex petrol cleaner and then fill tank up is there any point or is it best to leave it thanks haz.
  34. mrhaz

exhaust touching bumper

I installed my buddy club pro spec exhaust today the centre pipe and cat back. Problem is the exhaust is touching bumper its ok for local but if I do motorway miles and if exhaust heats could melt bumper anybody on here come up with a solution so I can get this sorted asap thanks in advance haz.
  35. mrhaz

Anyone on here who does wrapping

Hi need few bits on my ep3 wrapped with carbon fibre anybody on here who's good would be good if someone's local in Birmingham do pm or get back thanks haz.
  36. mrhaz

car paint

Anybody know who to use for paints I'm in Birmingham. I have a dealer local but they only sell touch up pens no tubs I need some cosmic pearl paint so I can get my front bumper resprayed due to it having so many stone chips. The pen wont work I have a company called jawel paints I'm thinking...
  37. mrhaz

radiator leak

My friends ep3 is leaking coolant he took it to the garage and mechanic cant seem to find any leak on radiator he did put card board underneath and had a slight leak. He topped the radiator up with water. The expansion bottle still loses water but now he said everything is fine. Does he need a...
  38. mrhaz

Need a clutch help

Looking at a new clutch for car as most people use exedy clutch. I'm looking at this one on car parts is this the right one...
  39. mrhaz

Tips on cleaning engine bay

Hi anybody know what's the best cleaning product for the engine bay and bits around and making it look new again? I have a valet pro degreaser with detailing brush.
  40. mrhaz

seat belt warning light not working on panel in my ctr 2005

My seat belt warning light is not showing up when belt is not fastened could this be a fuse or is this a fault or guessing maybe previous owner has turned it off.
  41. mrhaz

best way to get rid of stone chips?

I am preparing to do a full detail on car when is it best to touch up the stone chips once its been polished or at the end just before you seal with wax etc???
  42. mrhaz

Ep3 fuel filter

My car is on 80k I'm guessing the fuel filter needs to be changed. Anyone got an idea how much these are at dealers? Or could someone put a link up for a genuine one thanks haz.
  43. mrhaz

clutch fluid same as brake????

Can I put the same fluid in clutch pot the one I use in the brakes???
  44. mrhaz

recommended 5k led bulbs for side and head lights

I was thinking bout buying osram cool blue intense for front headlights are these any good?? Can someone tell what's the best led lights so I can change all sides, head lights and license plate lights thanks.
  45. mrhaz

scraping exhuast help!

I have a standard exhaust on my ep3 the thing i don't understand when I'm going over ramps especially in shopping centre car parks it seems to scrape. Are these cars factory lowered or is this the normal height as I'm thinking bout putting a full buddy club system on and the bpipe on that is...
  46. mrhaz

starting issue

Posting up for a friend his car didn't start today in first two attempts it was cold outside he's wondering if this is normal or should he change the battery or have a look or is it sonething else playing up all help would be great.
  47. mrhaz

fitting alpine head unit

Hi had my car for a month now was wondering could someone help me with fitting my alpine head unit don't know where to start from thanks haz.
  48. mrhaz

no coolant in car

I was just checking oil levels and opened coolant cap there's no coolant in there. I was wondering does coolant appear up once cars warm or does this mean It needs topping up or checking.
  49. mrhaz

rust bubble under seal on boot need help

Hi have a rust bubble under seal on boot was wondering if anyone could help me with removing it as I'm already going to order a touch up kit to get rid of stone chips so could sort this out to thanks haz.
  50. mrhaz

power steering fluid

Anybody have an idea at what mileage this should be changed because I'm planning on changing all fluids and how much steering fluid will I need thanks haz.
  51. mrhaz

clutch noise

Hi I've started to hear a whistling noise while I pump the clutch and yesterday when car was stationary while the clutch was being pumped I could hear a slight squeak from engine im pretty sure it was under the air box might be cylinder. Car is on 80k I don't know if clutch has been changed it...
  52. mrhaz

how much gear oil will i need??

After a full flush how much gear oil will I need? Plus which one is recommended all help would be appreciated thanks.
  53. mrhaz

mud over alternator and on fan belt

Hi I was checking my oil seen mud splattered over alternator and fan belt guessing cars gone through puddle is this normal or is there some part missing which should be under to stop this thanks haz.
  54. mrhaz

loose gas pedal

The accelerator pedal is loose does this mean the cable needs sorting?
  55. mrhaz

white smoke from front grill

Was driving out for like 20-30 mins it was raining and weather was quite cold. As I came back parked car on drive I saw white smoke coming from grill when car was running. Anybody have an idea if it was due to rain and weather or is it something else the mechanic has checked coolant a week ago...
  56. mrhaz

Ac turns on itself

Every time I put heaters on the screen and when I scroll down towards the feet the ac turns on auto anybody know if this is set like that or is it a fault????
  57. mrhaz

Noise coming from back of car advice needed

Been driving car recently every time I change gear between 1-3 at low speed up to 30-40 I have noticed a strange noise after its coming from the back. I took it to the garage and the guy did say that the exhaust has a hole in it and its blowing. Has anybody else experienced this problem I do...
  58. mrhaz

wheel colour

I have seen a few cosmic civics with matching sort of dark grey colour to wheels they haven't got the gloss finish somebody know what this colour is called thanks here's a link with the wheel colour on car...
  59. mrhaz

recommended discs/pads

Hi, looking at yellow stuff ebc pads for rear and ferodo ds2500 for front and mtec discs all round was wondering what people are using on forum and could also let me know how much the costs are because these are all costing me 285 in total thanks haz.
  60. mrhaz

which brake fluid?

Hi would like to know what fluid to use for brakes or if u can put some links up thanks haz.
  61. mrhaz

how often should oil be changed?

Hi, after what sort of mileage would you change oil on a ctr as I've come across plenty and service history has alot of gaps for example oils been changed at 12-15k miles. I've been told it should be changed at 6k but others say Honda recommend it at 12k so I was wondering do people just top up...
  62. mrhaz

Tyre size?

Hi is the normal size 205 45 17 someone told me you can use 215 40 17 is this right thanks in advance haz.
  63. mrhaz

i cant post threads

Hi I'm having problem posting threads on wanted and for sale section anybody know why this is happening?
  64. mrhaz

Ep3 timing chain

Does the chain on the ep3 need to change at certain mileage because alot of people say these cars have a chain and no need to change it and I've seen few ads with people mentioning the chains been changed????
  65. mrhaz

Who's best for civics???

Hi, I'm a newbie I need advice on who to get my car insured with and who is the best company with cheap quotes?
  66. mrhaz

Advice needed on exhaust

Can somebody recommend me the loudest exhaust as I've been told buddy club's are good exhaust systems for civics???????
Back