• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Nightrunner

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Yeah dude it's coming on well thanks! Sorted a few aesthetic mods and springs, also kept the wheels and tyres from the EP so it's a bit different :) might start a thread on here but it's not going to go too far. All the best with yours dude
  2. Nightrunner

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Great progress being made dude, glad to see the Prem seats went in well! I'll be keeping an eye on your thread :)
  3. Nightrunner

Ash's Polished Metal FK2 (5th Honda, 4th Type R)

Could it be heat soak? Would explain the hesitation at low RPM, or needs mapping? Just suggestions :)
  4. Nightrunner

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Appreciate that dude, real shame indeed. As you say i'm all good and have moved on so no real harm done. Thanks for all the messages everyone, really great community to be a part of. Especially meeting up with a few of you to sell parts, great to put faces to the names. I'll be back :)
  5. Nightrunner

Yep that is the 90 degree one I had, the following link is to the straight spacer I also got; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282292608306 Never had an EML with those even before mapping. Only time it came on was when one of them pulled out of the socket. Once back in it went off :)
  6. Nightrunner

Hi dude, thanks for the note, really sucked! Ah I had a similar situation, we used a 90 degree spacer and straight spacer in the first place to get rid of the EML, obviously sorted once k100'd, I think that gave it enough extra length to connect. The one post flexi was really stretching it!
  7. Nightrunner

Talents don't run much past rounding off screws/shearing off heads of bolts, but I do what I can! Do appreciate the advice and will look into it as that is interesting to buy a whole new front, but then it comes to welding/riveting back in place and it's more than I'm willing to do with the...
  8. Nightrunner

Appreciate the comments guys, to quote Arnie, I'll be back.
  9. Nightrunner

Just the section which is by the rad, it might not be structural but it's welded to the bottom of that section so can't be removed and replaced, and I'm not wanting to be bending things back or paying someone else to do so. If it was purely aesthetics and the rad that needed doing then I'd have...
  10. Nightrunner

Sat behind a car at a tight junction on a b-road, looked to see a car coming so we're waiting. The car goes past so I look down the road and begin to move forward and the lady infront decides it's a good place to just sit and dawdle. By the time I look back I'm in the back of her, just really...
  11. Nightrunner

Appreciate that dude, real shame indeed. Just before I could finally head out on track and push myself as well, will get my opportunity again soon enough
  12. Nightrunner

Yeah not good Loxy :( The car was really getting there too!
  13. Nightrunner

So it's not been a good few weeks... Cat C write off, bought it back to fix and sell/keep, but after taking the front end off this weekend and seeing the bent chassis panels, i'm just gonna break it if no one buys it as it is now. So holla at me if you want it or any parts...
  14. Nightrunner

Sweet, have only heard good things about those. Let us know what you think dude.
  15. Nightrunner

Fair enough, all very useful parts though! What tyres you going for this time? Think I saw you had R888's before on your thread.
  16. Nightrunner

Yep! Brakes went on today, they were definitely needed on the front! Good to replace all the rears too, I actually have some initial bite again :) will post an update once they've bedded in. TLC for the win! Look forward to seeing what you've got on your list dude.
  17. Nightrunner

So, with most of the modifications i'd planned for the Civic now being done, my priority has turned to maintenance to ensure I can keep using the car everyday and carry on enjoying myself so much. It is still on the original Clutch and it's starting to show, the rear left brake disc really needs...
  18. Nightrunner

04' Satin Silver EP3 - My First Honda

One of the best specced EP's i know of personally, also probably the cleanest one too. Good work L, keep it up G
  19. Nightrunner

Haha, glad you like the pictures L :)
  20. Nightrunner

Great, thanks for the info Chris, wasn't too sure about the effect an FD has.
  21. Nightrunner

Awesome, me being a novice with gearboxes (and a lot of other things), a 5.3 will make the gears even shorter and the ratios closer? Is that correct?
  22. Nightrunner

Ah sweet, yeah I can see them being a good setup for the car and I'm likely to be staying NA so wouldn't be worrying about too much spinning up haha!
  23. Nightrunner

Not that bad... bro you were at 8000RPM in 6th doing 40mph the other day.. ;) your top speed right?
  24. Nightrunner

Ah nice, that makes perfect sense to do along with the FD. All good knowledge gained, JDM 4th & 5th are also tempting..
  25. Nightrunner

A diff is definitely on the cards for the future, as much as I'd like to get one in when I get he clutch done soon, I just can't extend my budget :( all in good time though! The FD I can't do either, I do 300+ miles a week to and from work so it would be killer having 6th revving higher! If the...
  26. Nightrunner

Thanks G, well impressed with yours all the same, the 5.1FD makes it pick up so quickly! With the K100 you'll be flying brah. OEM+ Gang
  27. Nightrunner

Update So I've had the K100 and tune for just over a month now, so wanted to give a quick little review for people interested; K100, transformer in disguise. It really has transformed the car. Yes, i've 'only' gained 16bhp peak, so in that sense it's not miles ahead of where I was before the...
  28. Nightrunner

Thanks dude! Mint haGGard Sorry it was the auxiliary belt that had been done, incorrectly named on the service invoice from the garage they did it with i believe. Not OEM parts were bought though as I've got a squeaky belt now, so I will be buying an OEM belt as well as new auto tensioner...
  29. Nightrunner

Thanks Krzys :) Yeah I've never expected much from the Advan's in the wet, still would have thought they'd be better than £40 budgets haha! But you've hit it on the head there, I just save my tread, petrol and brakes for dry conditions instead :)
  30. Nightrunner

Thanks G! Appreciate the comment and you coming down for the big day
  31. Nightrunner

Indeed! Was expecting between 220-230 so I'm pleased :) Took a few friends out in it today and they're all as impressed as I am with it, the smoothness of how the power comes in now is something to behold. Almost like a turbo coming on boost, so good!
  32. Nightrunner

Thanks Sean, looking forward to seeing what you think!
  33. Nightrunner

Thanks dude! Yeah i'm really pleased with the figures given :) I asked for both launch control and shift light but the speedo was playing up on the rollers so the launch control wasn't sorted, but the shift light has been put in which is cool! Just ask whoever it is mapping it and they should...
  34. Nightrunner

Big Update: Been a good start of the year for the Civic! -At the end of last year I swapped the AD08R's to the rear to stop wearing them down as much, was actually surprised with the budgets in the wet as they were better than the Advan's! I then got the budgets replaced last week with two...
  35. Nightrunner

Fd2

'So settled for this..' haha love it! Gorgeous colour, hope you enjoy the car dude. Lovely ek9 too, you know how to pick a good Honda :)
  36. Nightrunner

Cosmic grey EP3 from Slovenia

Nicely updated thread dude, good to see someone investing time and effort into the car! I haven't got personal experience with any of those tyres but i've heard the T1R's are pretty decent in the dry but awful in the wet. I've a fair amount of experience with the Advan AD08R's, can't fault...
  37. Nightrunner

Hoping to get a diff at some point, your positive comments about it confirm it's in the plans for me! Was so effective on the Teg
  38. Nightrunner

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Very nice setup dude, especially the Project Mu brake setup! I'm pleased with my NS400's and they work well with the RPB discs from Tegiwa, though after warming up they do judder a bit, something which is usual with vented discs I hear. Hope the Project Mu lines improve the braking further.
  39. Nightrunner

Yeah I get you dude, though I think something that sudden enough to snap these plastic guides is probably going to have a similar effect on a new set of guides too, one can only hope it doesn't happen. Each to their own though. We live and learn. Thanks! Trying to keep it clean/simple and go...
  40. Nightrunner

Haha yeah dude I've never been too active on here, even when I had the Teg I was more on the ITR-DC2 forum, think I do have a thread on here for it though! Yeah no problem, once the weather is a bit better we'll head out for some pictures one Saturday/Sunday. Even get some of the cosmic's...
  41. Nightrunner

Yeah dude, upon enquiring about the workthey quoted for the chain & tensioner plus labour and said the guides don't usually need replacing, so I took their advice and kept the extra money I was happy not to spend. Purely me taking advice from mechanics I trust mate, they know the cars from...
  42. Nightrunner

Nice, I was unaware of the solenoid maintenance until you mentioned it now so didn't get that done, but I'm sure if it needs doing I'll get it done soon enough! All preventative maintenance and what not.
  43. Nightrunner

Merry Christmas all! Right, little update; The car is now at 97500 miles so i thought it was time to get the timing chain and tensioner replaced (advised not to replace the guides as they don't usually need doing). This got done last week at Dream Automotive, once again they did a cracking job...
  44. Nightrunner

Thanks G, hopefully something big to come soon :D
  45. Nightrunner

Thanks dude! More to come in the new year :)
  46. Nightrunner

Out with the old, in with the Cosmic!

Sweet as dude, can't wait to hear it when the catback and manifold are on! I need to get my front mount inserts in but it's just a long one.. (It's Tom by the way!)
  47. Nightrunner

UPDATE So after about 6 weeks with the catback, the cat started to blow (which I knew was coming as the old cat flange was awful when the catback went on). I couldn't find an ep3 cat anywhere so my options were = DC5 manifold & cat, replace the cat with a decat or take the plunge and get an...
  48. Nightrunner

Nice to see a detailed thread on the car dude, hope to see you at the CTRO Beds meet on Saturday! Car is looking sweet as always. (it's Tom by the way :) )
  49. Nightrunner

H's Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R-Premier Edition

Nice mods Mr.H! I too have a cosmic prem (Great choice ;) ), I've just had the eibach pro-kit fitted too and I'm impressed with them as you are. I had the camber kits fitted too and have a FRSU, i can recommend getting it done, car understeer's less and turns in a bit sharper! I've also got...
  50. Nightrunner

Thanks kipper! Yep, Eibach camber rear arms and front camber bolts, as well as the Pro-kit :)
  51. Nightrunner

Update: So the suspension has been upgraded for almost 3 weeks now and I can say that i am impressed! Unfortunately it's that time of year now so I haven't had much of a chance to really push the car yet, but i've gone for a few blasts and it really has stepped up its game in terms of what it...
  52. Nightrunner

2006 Cosmic Grey EP3 - Mild track project

Excellent write up! I too have an 06 cosmic so is great to see another on here, especially with the same intentions (track :) )
  53. Nightrunner

H's Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R-Premier Edition

Nice looking cosmic prem dude, also good plans. I've followed a similar route with mine :)
  54. Nightrunner

My JDM Civic EP3 Type R.

Beautiful car mate, very well done in getting hold of one and keeping it clean :)
  55. Nightrunner

Quick update before some big changes for the car :) My backbox fell off at the weekend so I ordered the Tegiwa Catback, which should hopefully be fitted tomorrow! The exhaust looks very well made, welds look tidy and the resonator/backbox look like they'll keep some of the noise down (good for...
  56. Nightrunner

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Very nice and clean Cosmic :) I've just purchased some SuperPro ARB bushes too, looking forward to getting them on! Keep the updates coming!
  57. Nightrunner

Milano Red FN2 from Aberdeenshire.

EK9 looked clean as, very nice. Not a huge FN2 fan but yours does look great, what do you think to the Meisters?
  58. Nightrunner

My Ep3 type R

Very nice Cosmic! Looks great with a dark bonnet and the mugen front splitter. Good work :)
  59. Nightrunner

Black Type R GT FK2

Very nice and welcome to the forum. What do you think of it compared to the EP3/FN2?
  60. Nightrunner

Thanks dude! I look forward to seeing your thread :)
  61. Nightrunner

Thanks for the tip Hamza, that looks a great way of not getting oil dripping all over the sub-frame!
  62. Nightrunner

Evening all, thought i'd do a quick little update, even though as not much has happened with the car and not much will for a bit of time. Carried out the oil & filter change a couple of weeks ago and it went very smoothly (for my first oil change on a car!). Glad I did it as the oil that came...
  63. Nightrunner

Thank you, I do try! :)
  64. Nightrunner

So I managed to fit the discs and pads weekend before last with a friend, all done in an hour and a half so I'm happy to have a Honda without everything seized for once! Impressions on the brakes are that once they've warmed up they are very good. Just about done 400 miles on them now so i'm...
  65. Nightrunner

Out with the old, in with the Cosmic!

Nice thread Sean, good to read up what you've done to your car (this is Tom from CTRO Beds by the way) :) I'm looking to change my rear ARB soon, so is good to hear the Tegiwa one is good
  66. Nightrunner

Thanks! I've always liked Cosmic Grey so glad I managed to get one, but actually like all the EP3 colours :) Mugen is near enough to me so it's rude not to get a pic! Thanks Mr.H, I'm not the biggest BMW fan either but the oppurtunity to own the z4 wasn't to be missed. The 3.0 twin-turbo...
  67. Nightrunner

Thanks Loxy :) have to agree with you on the colour! Though I genuinely like all the other colours too, especially satin silver
  68. Nightrunner

So I've had the Civic about 5 weeks now and I'm loving it! The past few weeks i've just been cleaning up the car; full clay/polish/wax to give the car some TLC, restored the headlights, new front H badge, de-wipered the rear, painted front calipers, then managed to get an AEM V2 for a steal on...
  69. Nightrunner

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

Just had a look at your thread, the FN2 looked very nice and so does the Vixxer! I went up against a friend of a friend who has one when i had my Z4 35i, was close up to about 90 then I pulled on him but it was close! I think they'd see a fair amount of cars off in stock form, so I can only...
  70. Nightrunner

Back from the dark side

Very nice upgrade there! Don't usually like the facelifts but that looks great in MR :) i too too went to the dark side, z4 35i, just wasn't my thing. VTEC YO!
  71. Nightrunner

Thanks Hamza :) Thanks dude! Yeah I'd recommend the lip, think it's one of the standard universal eBay lips, as someone has mentioned above. Nice little addition to the front end
  72. Nightrunner

Thanks Josh, yeah I wasn't sure about it but do like it actually! Sets it off a bit from others around
  73. Nightrunner

Thanks dude :) Haha yeah the Teg was clean as! Agreed, Cosmic is the best for sure ;)
  74. Nightrunner

Afternoon all, I'm not new to the forum but haven't posted in a while, even when I had my last Type-R I didn't post much to be honest. Anyway, after owning a DC2 for a year I sold that and owned a Z4 35i for 4 months. Lots of power and torque (300bhp and 295lb-ft) thanks to the two turbos...
  75. Nightrunner

My NHB PREM

Sweet looking ride dude, good mods planned too. Great pictures too!
  76. Nightrunner

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Wow, what a beaut! Congrats :) As everyone has said, good to see you went for one of these in the end instead of the beemer :smt023
  77. Nightrunner

CW UKDM DC2 - First Type-R

Well it's been a few months so thought i'd update, even though nothing major has happened; -Was in at Honda this week; Service, valve clearances checked/adjusted and abs sensor fitted. One bill and stamp in the service book later, and she's done for another year/8k miles or so. (Nice to have...
  78. Nightrunner

DC2 LEICESTERSHIRE/DERBYSHIRE

Nice car dude, good to see one unmolested Like the plate!
  79. Nightrunner

Milano Track EP3 259bhp N/A

Very nice, both spec and looks! Milano red's suit dark wheels so well
  80. Nightrunner

S2KIP's S2000

Great track video, car sounds awesome! The gear throw on these looks so short too, that stock or have you got a short shifter?
  81. Nightrunner

Spectres JDM DC2 ITR

Very nice 96 spec, not a big fan of the wheels but everyone to their own! Nice spec too Good to see a fellow teg owner on here :)
  82. Nightrunner

Not a red H, but my Moonrock S2000 - AIR RIDE PAGE 19

Looks great as always! Love your car dude, one of the best s2000's I've seen I think the rear of them become a bit too much when there's a hard top and big wing, but this looks just right. Maybe it's the mugen top instead of the spoon as those have the little lip?
  83. Nightrunner

New DC5, track time

That sucks dcude, sorry to see! Hope it's not an expensive fix
  84. Nightrunner

My '02 JDM EP3 - Champ White - Jaws

Lovely civic dude, always liked the JDM EP3's, look so good white on white :) Enjoy!
  85. Nightrunner

My UKDM Milano red ITR

Nice update and car dude! Saw this at Mimms last weekend, playing some good tunes i might add :) does look tidy, i like your rocker cover & leads colour combination too Also spotted in the pic with your new steering wheel, it looks like your odometer is almost at 99999 miles, was this...
  86. Nightrunner

CheatsIP5 JDM EP3

Wow, very nice civic you've got there :) Don't see many JDM EP3's around, and when you do they're usually the pre-facelift so it's nice to see this on here! Low miles, top price, i guess you get what you pay for. Looks stock past the wind deflectors, any mods we can't see from the pics?
  87. Nightrunner

Your s2k just keeps getting better! Love this build, great job :)
  88. Nightrunner

Skunk's Honda Addiction

Love a JDM EP3, shame a few things weren't as you expected upon purchase. Good to see you're sorting it :)
  89. Nightrunner

1997 NH0 ek9

That eg is spot on, looks basically stock from the outside, but under the hood... bet you embarassed a lot of bigger car drivers with that thing ;) Great to see someone resurrecting a 9 from an early grave, still think i'd swap my 2 for one!
  90. Nightrunner

CW UKDM DC2 - First Type-R

Bit of an update; Got a Tegiwa 2" adjustable decat fitted about 2 months ago, completely changed the exhaust note. It used to just be deep, but now its throaty and more aggressive. Crossover is even more prominent now :twisted: The deep exhaust note resonating through the car has stopped a lot...
  91. Nightrunner

Midge's Spoon'd DC5

Sorry dude, forgot to reply to this! With regards to the spoon springs, i've not heard too much if i'm honest. I'm sure a quick google will produce a whole load of info, but from what i know; they're okay to use on stock shocks, but best suited to the spoon dampers (as you'd expect), think it's...
  92. Nightrunner

Midge's Spoon'd DC5

Very clean Teg dude, i like the Spoon theme you've got going on too. Reckon you'll opt for the spoon progressive springs if you go down that route? Also how loud is it with the spoon catback?
  93. Nightrunner

Recent FN2 Owner - Let go of the DC2 :(

Ah right I get you, I guess the weight advantage the dc2 has over the newer models really helps it out. I'm yet to have a go against any other type R, went against an Ek hatch with a b18 on a straight and there was nothing in it. Just waiting to meet an ep3 or fn2 On the road I guess! Enjoy the...
  94. Nightrunner

Recent FN2 Owner - Let go of the DC2 :(

Teg looked great dude, sure i've seen pictures of it somewhere before! FN2 looks smart too, how is it in comparison to the teg with regards to speed? Feel quicker with the extra torque low down or does the weight hinder that?
  95. Nightrunner

Looks awesome dude, like you say the fitment looks spot on. The colour of the wheels goes so well with the car too
  96. Nightrunner

Hamza's Civic Type R Premier Edition

Looks nice dude, as Jimbo says the seats look great in the black shell Think i'll always have a thing for EP3's, they just look so sporty and cool
  97. Nightrunner

Cosmic Grey EP3

Car looks great with the Rotas mate, love the black on grey Nice 1/4 mile time too
  98. Nightrunner

mfnick's Blobeye Impreza STi

Mean looking scooby dude, those gauges look awesome too! One day i'll have a car with FI and a nice set of gauges on the dash :)
  99. Nightrunner

New DC5, track time

Teg looks great mate, good spec like you mentioned! Very clean too from the pictures, nice find
  100. Nightrunner

downchange's UKDM DC2

Nice Teg dude, plans sound good too! Paint looks great, most Milano's have faded a bit by now
Back