• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. lewisy

Alpine Heat Unit Installation - where does the aerial cable plug go ??

Ignore this post, i found the answer. Please remove. Thanks
  2. lewisy

How to read the dip stick ?

i'll give that a try... oil is the one thing i don't want to be guessing on! never had problems before reading oil, don't know why this oil is so feint. out of interest, does it make a difference say if you topped up 0w 30 with 0w 40 for example, or 0w 30 with 5w 30 ? i wish there...
  3. lewisy

It's done about 1200+ miles now, and i read in the manual what you quoted above. I drove down to halfords, let the engine rest for 3 mins, then checked the oil again, this time it seemed like it was barely covering the first hole! so the engine could of burned up to 2 litres by the...
  4. lewisy

OK I know that sounds obvious, but I've owned the FN2 now for 6 weeks, checked the oil a few times just to see what consumption is like. Now when I check, the first hole is covered, but the oil is so light i can't tell how far up it's going, it's certainly not covering the second hole, and i...
  5. lewisy

FN2 New mods FN2

If you got a problem, you know who to call...!!... old link autoupdated Sorry just had to do it! :lol:
  6. lewisy

FN2 New mods FN2

Nice wheels, can't wait to see some photos when they're on the car. I can imagine them on a NHB ep3 premier with tinted windows, it'll probably make it look a little like the A-team van or something. I wonder how they'll look on a CW though. My white alloys are clean all of 1 day!
  7. lewisy

FN2 (Pics Included) - Type-r Now in Championship White!

i expect the CW should hold it's value slightly better, certainly if the uptake isn't huge given the 20k price tag. although i have to say i got mine for £18,633... which i thought weren't too bad? with some matts ;) gotta get the matts or it ain't a 'real' type r.
  8. lewisy

I'm surprised, i thought it was standard on GT-spec. You know what you have to do, upgrade your car :)
  9. lewisy

cheers. it is such a different car to the ep3, very positive in corners with the LSD,lovely burbling exhaust sound makes it feel like the car has more grunt than it's predecessor, the gearbox feels great, just notch into gear, push-button start, folding mirrors, auto-lights and wipers, usb...
  10. lewisy

it's within the armrest, at the back of the inside, there are 3 connectors, USB, Aux, and something else I can't remember. The USB connector needs a little dongle, so it doesn't present the port as USB, but the connector cable converts it to USB. hope that helps.
  11. lewisy

black privacy would finish it off nicely, but given they're quite small i'm forgiving of that, and plus i got the little nipper in the back, so nice for him to see in the full glorious techni-color! ... tinted back window would be better, you can't see much because of the spoiler which i think...
  12. lewisy

memory key is convenient for me, whack it on the keyring, and don't have to worry about being protective.. and cheap to replace. By the way, here is a quick pic I took: 1.5 days old
  13. lewisy

oh well on the mirrors.. can't have everything. like the fact i can plug a usb memory key in with mp3s on and it recognises it and plays them. better than plugging in an ipod!
  14. lewisy

will do, shame i didn't do any yesterday when it was immaculate clean. I'll see if i can grab some today.
  15. lewisy

Just picked her up today, she looks stunning in white. Excellent throaty exhaust, feels more sure footed, a real lot of thought has gone into this one, and i am pleasantly surprised. Does anyone know whether the wing mirrors are supposed to auto-fold when the car is locked - can't see much in...
  16. lewisy

Removing factory CTR head unit...

that's why i used the black one, because of the colour mismatch, black adds a two-tone effect and looks more natural. The silver just looks wrong.
  17. lewisy

Removing factory CTR head unit...

I've got a black fasia and head unit for sale if you're interested: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=58890 Just had to re-open mine to uninstall it, it was about 3 years ago i did the install... becareful prising with the flat head, so easy to make entry points on the...
  18. lewisy

I still haven't seen one in the flesh, went down to Honda today but it was apparently shipped back to the compound due to too many cars at the site. Oh well, I pick her up on Monday. As an aside, I've removed my head unit, and stuck in the for sale section if anyone is after one. It's a...
  19. lewisy

FN2 Brokering a deal - Advice required

The Dirty deed has been done. Yes I agree, FD2 is superior without doubt, but the whole import, weak pound etc, just doesn't make it as viable. Out of interest, the dealer was telling me how a load of CW FN2 are being snapped up by japanese buyings because of the weak pound and being shipped...
  20. lewisy

I'll ask about that Honda Happiness Servicing pack, that sounds perfect given i liked the 2 years free servicing, that sounds like excellent value. I'll hope i get Matts and consider myself done - probably good time bargaining wise, but probably missed my bargaining opportunity. Anyway, who...
  21. lewisy

All, I'm about to trade-in my 05 Premier NHB CTR, and been offered a good trade-in value, considering i took it in originally for a quotation on a repair after a taxi driver hit my front wing. I'm going to get the CW FN2, however, I don't think i'm doing excellent on the deal with regards to...
  22. lewisy

FN2 Rev indicator not displaying

stupid question, but is there a v-tec indicator light on the fn2 ?
  23. lewisy

FN2 Is this normal....

i feel better for knowing that now... i was thinking more tin metal box...
  24. lewisy

FN2 Is this normal....

the fuel tank is under the front seats!!! that sounds worrying!!
  25. lewisy

I put down my deposit today, so hopefully a formality with expected pick up date of end of March. Yes the Jap model is nicer I agree, but I'll settle for this one for now.
  26. lewisy

cool, thanks for that.
  27. lewisy

From what I can tell a limited slip-differential, and some minor bells and whistles... but should help maintain resale value should i decide to upgrade again in a few years.
  28. lewisy

I popped into my local Honda dealer on Monday as unfortunately a cab driver decided to bump into my front offside wing. My type-r is coming up to 4-years old, so out of warranty, and with the bump i thought i'd have a look at the current model. Mainly for the warranty and peace of mind more than...
  29. lewisy

Brake Pads

Got my pads done at Honda, £85 including VAT, they were 85% worn! so my instincts were right. Thanks for the help and advice on something that is as trivial as brake pads!!! :) Lewis
  30. lewisy

Brake Pads

they've lasted me 2.5 years, so i don't know whether that is good or bad, i guess good ? that said, they told me if they're not actually in need of replacing they wont' do it - i thought that was very honest of them, and was a bit surprised. I think they told me they were 60% worn and need...
  31. lewisy

Brake Pads

Thanks, just booked in with Honda Weybridge for new pads, £85 all-in. 40 min job, fairly reasonable - it'd take me hours. Plus, i'm not overly fussed over brake performance, as long as they work and don't destroy my disks i'm easily pleased.
  32. lewisy

Brake Pads

cool for circa £90 fitted i'll go for that option... not too bad then.
  33. lewisy

Brake Pads

I popped into a Alan Day Honda today and picked up a price list. Front Brake Pads £85. I wonder whether that is including fitting, if so that seems reasonable. If not, then the pads are over priced, in fact near double of £45 mentioned above! Thanks for confirming, you can probably quickly...
  34. lewisy

Brake Pads

cheers, reading now.
  35. lewisy

Brake Pads

I had a look at the brake pads at the back and i can see clear pads there, but on the front - i cannot see a thing - i imagine my pads have worn through and my braking is coming from the rear. So anyway, i think it's prudent to change my brake pads, presumably they're about £95 for the pair from...
  36. lewisy

Tinny Rattle from engine bay

Hi Johnny, the tinny rattle turned out to be a cracked drive shaft heatshield, that's a simple warranty repair. And it's quite obvious to demonstrate it to them, but you might want to say that it sounds like the heatshield so they don't have to think more than they have to! In respects to the...
  37. lewisy

Knocking on passenger side front wheel when turning at slow speed

Any one had this ? Materialised after my warranty fix on the cracked drive shaft head-shield. Sounds like a loud knocking! :( :eek:
  38. lewisy

Thanks for that, didn't realise there were so many heatshields, and feel a lot better about that missing bolt. Will book it in asap... cheers :) lewis
  39. lewisy

Today I noticed a distinct tinny rattling between 1.5k rpm and 2.8k-3k rpm. I had checked the oil a few days previous and it seemed fine, upon checking the oil, it was low, just beneath the first circle. I was a bit concerned since the oil warning light didn't come on. Listening to the engine...
  40. lewisy

FN2 What's special about the FN2?

Of course, don't get me wrong, the drivability is the true measure of a car - i'm caught up with the aesthetics, because for me, as shallow as i am, a car has to look good - otherwise i wouldn't be interested. You're right, it's a hot-hatch not a sports car. If we consider the EK9 to EP3...
  41. lewisy

FN2 What's special about the FN2?

I popped into a Honda showroom today to check out the new type-r, it was a NHB on display so I was comparing it like for like with mine. It felt like the same EP3, but with a new bodyshell, and some naff-alloys. There was no defining features about it whatsoever, even the type-r emblem badge...
  42. lewisy

Contaminated fuel!!!

funnily enough our accountant is in the office and i remember last week his car broke down. I happened to mention the petrol thing to some other guys in the office when he said that it happened to him. Filled up at Morrissons. He took it to a garage and they replaced the 02 sensor, £230...
  43. lewisy

Contaminated fuel!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6405051.stm Did anyone else see this. Sorry for the double post.:scare:
  44. lewisy

FN2 Am I the first? Pics of my new car!!

sex on wheels.. i like that .. (but i didn't say that)... what's the retail on that ?
  45. lewisy

FN2 Autocar hot hatch test video (inc'd Fn2)

The FN2 didn't do too well at all. :whistle
  46. lewisy

FN2 Changing the H/U on a FN2

The type-r is a very personable car, loved by enthausiasts and the like - i think that is a bit short-sighted by them... but then again they won't bring out white for the uk market, so i'm not surprised. It's a shame, i'd love to love this car... but just can't. H/U to add to my list of reasons...
  47. lewisy

FN2 Changing the H/U on a FN2

How do you do this ??? must look horrible
  48. lewisy

FN2 2007 CTR pics

hideous.. am I the only one that think the alloys are yucky!! ewwww... get me outta this thread. Thanks for the pics though...
  49. lewisy

Mugen DC5 *updated 22/12/06*

beautiful car mate that car simply looks stunning, i like the mods, i would be more subtle myself, the bonnet gives it an agressive styling, the thing i love about the dc5 is the understated look it gives... I so want that car.. what year is it ? and how much did you pick it up for, love to...
  50. lewisy

FD2 New CTR prototype for F1 Japan

but don't you think with it's subtle styling, people won't recognise it's a type-R :P could the logo be any bigger!!! overstated or what
  51. lewisy

FN2 New Civic Type-S

The Micra type-r is the next thing i'm getting :twisted:
  52. lewisy

FN2 New Civic Type-S

basically :roll:
  53. lewisy

FN2 New Civic Type-S

Seen a few of these on the roads now. They look exactly like the normal new Civic CDTI thingy, i.e. standard and nothing special. Type-S branding annoys me more now i see it on these cars.. there's no type anything to them, there's no pedigree... ehhh. Anyway my point is that the new type-r is...
  54. lewisy

FN2 up close with the new ctr( PICS ADDED)

even the transit vans in white!! what's hondas problem!!! :roll:
  55. lewisy

it went from concept to ... eh... tin-foil mould box... i really do not like it now... there's no agressive stance to it. The styling doesn't have any redeeming features... no recaro seats, don't sell it in white - oddly enough the back of it i don't mind, except the corner moulds on the bottom...
  56. lewisy

FFS, :x FFS what's wrong with flippin honda ?
  57. lewisy

FN2 it's growing on me

Re: its growing on me you wanna get that seen too mate
  58. lewisy

FN2 Official pics from redh.co.uk

What's the official silver name for this car ? tin-foil silver ? :o sorry bad joke :oops:
  59. lewisy

Is it me, or does it look bland as hell in silver ? it reminds me of tin-foil with angular mouldings put in that serve no purpose. Have a look at the back bumper, it's like a square box is indented inside the corner, what's that about ? Aesthetically it's abysmal, the concept offering so much...
  60. lewisy

FN2 Which 07 CTR are you going to go for?

concept looked great, alloys on production shown in Paris are shite in my opinion, everything that was good about the concept has been watered down to a bland looking new car. I have to say when I see the focus RS it looks special, the CTR... hand on heart doesn't have the same feeling.. don't...
  61. lewisy

FN2 Ordering the 07 Type R

FFS what happened to CW!!! really p'ing me off is honda, i'll import a dc5.. .not wasting my time with this shite
  62. lewisy

find the hidden DC5 on the redH website....

i thought the blurry car in the top right was the new type-r ?
  63. lewisy

FN2 Some new spy shots. Type-R?

the alloys in the spyshot and todays release are identical, i really dislike those alloys...
  64. lewisy

The concept alloys looked perfect and aggressive, seems like they're toning it down about for general consumption. Interesting to note it now has a 'clock'!!!! worth the upgrade imo. I have to say the interior looks spot on, although i may need to take some starship enterprise driving lessons...
  65. lewisy

FN2 New 07 Type R official website

got on the site, clicked on sillouette of type-r, goes to blank page... hmm.. this is annoying me now, they said the 14th, it is the 14th.. i wanna hear from the horses mouth as it were
  66. lewisy

Site is really slow at the moment (redh.co.uk) that is. Found this http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/ don't know whether it's relevant. Honda.co.uk have a big type-r link on their home page pointing to the redh.co.uk site. I think it's being updated as i type...
  67. lewisy

Sept 14, which is today, or just today on the redh.co.uk says: Exclusive see it here first, the new civic type-r. Well it isn't clickable yet.. but it'll be good to see officially what we're all in store for!! :twisted:
  68. lewisy

FN2 Is This New??

I like the bit about the VTEC light kicking in when in the new lower VTEC zone, 5,400rmp through to 8,000rpm if i recall correctly. Not sure how you're going to fit an after market headunit in there either ? The wheels look like type-s stuff, i don't think it will resemble that picture...
  69. lewisy

New Integra Type-R

I am surprised that Honda would discontinue the DC5, since the DC2 was the original type-r (i think), and that's where it all started. Plus i'm sure with the Acura in the states, and DC5 in Japan it's a popular model ??? That would be the biggest shame if they stopped the DC5, other than them...
  70. lewisy

New Integra Type-R

Ok, we're all awaiting the March 07 launch of the new CTR, but does anyone know what Honda's plan is with the ITR? Will it's current model be a runout model and the line discontinued ? I must confess, the GT pack, glass roof, and white paint for the new type-r, makes it look sexy as hell - I...
  71. lewisy

FN2 Final production Type R on show..............

Saw a copy of autocar in the GPs, had a write up on the type-s, and showed a near production model in white! and there's GT option with Glass roof and bits, sounds great, don't like the gear knob tho...
  72. lewisy

FN2 Final production Type R on show..............

If they bring it out in white, i'll have it, if they don't... next car is not going to be a honda.. that simple..
  73. lewisy

First 300 miles to a tank

should i take my ctr back, i get 220 per tank on average, what's that work out mpg ? 250 if i'm really lucky...
  74. lewisy

FN2 New Civic Type-R

If it's white, i'll buy it no questions asked. Since they're not doing white, i'm in no hurry... the type-r is about the red-H, emblem for the racing spec, and the CW colour is in my opinion just as significant, I think Honda UK are neglecting the type-r brand and what it signifies to the type-r...
  75. lewisy

thanks for that - how did you find out about that out of interest?
  76. lewisy

Greenlight renewal

lol - that would explain it then!!
  77. lewisy

Greenlight renewal

I don't think there's any logic to it, i remember i moved to live back at home a few years back, premium went up, then i moved to where i originally moved from, premium went up. It's stupid. I mean with all things being equal your quote should piss over mine, 2 years extra ncb, must be the...
  78. lewisy

Greenlight renewal

Got my insurance sorted, went with A-Plan, £550 fully comp, £200 excess, £60 windscreen on 3 years no-claim bonus. Greenlight got down to £611 from £698.66, so I give them their credit for trying. Adrian Flux quoted £648, and then finally, got a quote from A-Plan who literally...
  79. lewisy

Greenlight renewal

A friend of mine has a ctr and cupra r and is with a-plan, so i will try them. can i just quote something on my renewal "the renewal premium with your existing insurer amounts to xxx, having checked with 'our' panel of insurers we can confirm that the renewal premium is still competitive...
  80. lewisy

Greenlight renewal

Not yet, 3 years so far, 27th July will make it 4.
  81. lewisy

Greenlight renewal

I got my Greenlight Insurance renewal through today, £699.64.. that's what i pay already!! thought they're supposed to go down each year!!! Apparently it's competitive.. i'm not really that convinced. 4 years no claims, 26 years old, married, kid, private parking, no accidents, claims...
  82. lewisy

Grace mileage period on servicing

I guess it depends on the dealship maybe, or the fact i had 2 years free servicing they seemed to prefer to charge.. but i was told 750 miles above is the grace limit... but i wouldn't take it as gospel, i get the feeling they make it up like the weather. they gave me a new honda civic as a...
  83. lewisy

Grace mileage period on servicing

What happens if you go over 12,500, is there a grace period of 1000 miles either way, or 1 month, or is it discressionary ? Cheers, Lewis p.s. got my 12,500 service tomorrow with 12,492 on clock, and dealer 10 miles away!!! typical huh!!!
  84. lewisy

FN2 new three door shots

i went to Honda today, and sat in some civic CTDI thing in red, done up with alloys to look like the type-r... or as close as it's going to get. It was a 5-door, the rear doors are titchy, i almost didn't notice them. The dash is like the starship enterprise, wasn't to my liking. The H/U is...
  85. lewisy

Flooring the accelarator.

i was coming up behind an older subaru, guy decided to show me what turbo power was all about and booted it, i can only describe what seemed like to dump soot out the rear exhaust. i hit the internal air circulation faster than a gear shift ... he did put his hand out to say sorry!!! guess he...
  86. lewisy

Common Civic Faults

Re: steering rack Let us know how you got on.
  87. lewisy

Common Civic EP3 Faults

Re: steering rack Let us know how you got on.
  88. lewisy

Condensation in headlamp & scuttle panel coming away

I noticed on the nearside headlamp that there was condensation, it was a dry day, not particularly cold, just thought that's very odd, the offside one was clear as expected. i thought they were vacuum tight the units, which is worrying if water has got in there somehow ? Anyone experience...
  89. lewisy

FN2 Some new spy shots. Type-R?

Glass roof sounds like a nice addition, to be honest it's the same car with a face lift... not liking it at the moment, but i'm sure when i see it in the flesh i'll want one.. esp glass roof option
  90. lewisy

FN2 new three door shots

Has anyone bought this months auto express, has some photos of a red new type-r. It looks relatively unexciting as to what was exhibited at Geneva. Personally i prefer the current model - the new one doesn't really have that x-factor for me - and definately not enough to make me sell this...
  91. lewisy

Servicing & Warranty FAQ.

sorry was being an idiot, 9k is for the hrv, nsx and s2000.. phew...
  92. lewisy

ok i am relieved that is the answer ... why does it say 9000 miles / 12 months though ?? ... i'm going to take a photo of it! i feel i'm going quietly insane
  93. lewisy

This is confusing, in my Honda service book it has 9000 miles / 12 months ---------------------- 12500 miles /12 months Managers signature ?? Can someone explain please because it's confusing the hell out of me!!!
  94. lewisy

Any known issues with Alpine 9850Ri?

yup, car audio direct sent me a replacement unit which works fine now! word of caution - lcd screen is hardly visible in daylight, due to the angle and it being lcd and not dot matrix jobby. other than that it's a clean unit, looks nice with volume knob locked flush with the unit - plus a...
  95. lewisy

Alpine got back to me, guy knows what he's talking about, which is a refreshing change. Options are as follows: 1. Factory Reset H/U via pin slot 2. factory reset IPOD (lose MP3s). If that does not resolve it, swap test Cable, he will send me a replacement. Failing all that the unit...
  96. lewisy

Phone up Alpine "all our agents are currently busy"... left name and number, what's the bet they don't call back. Checking CarAudio T&C's they have a 7 day no quibble, that's provide they get back to me before then! i'm not enduring the inconvenience of logging a faulty unit, they can take it...
  97. lewisy

Kartdemon do you work for CarAudioDirect ? your response bears an uncanny resemblance to the gobbldigook i received.
  98. lewisy

I raised a support ticket with CarAudioDirect, not having a response this morning i called them in the afternoon. They're waiting back from Alpine for an answer ? (apparently). I phoned Alpine, they're closed between 1p - 2pm, which is obviously my lunch break. I have a bad feeling already..
  99. lewisy

I'll give that a try... don't fancy going through all that kafuffle taking the console apart...
Back