• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Damians

EP3 Clocked Cars

Mine was serviced by main dealer every time. Would have thought the mileage would have been flagged by Honda to the owner?
  2. Damians

EP3 Clocked Cars

Yes I did 30K a year back then I now do 40 to 50K a year my 14 plate 5 series has 71K on it ;)
  3. Damians

EP3 Clocked Cars

Following on from a discussion on the facebook page I've discovered that my old car is now clocked. I think it would be a good idea to put a sticky with all our old cars checked via this website https://mot-history.net/ I've checked LA54BWG which was my old car. In 2008 when it left my...
  4. Damians

Thanks for the forum

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the forum support people. I've missed this place.
  5. Damians

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Always been a type s diesel. Not interested one bit ;)
  6. Damians

There has been rumours for ages that there will be a diesel variant of the type r hopefully this is true as this will be the only way I could have one. Also will need to be 5 doors and 5 seats so a very long shot for me. Would also need to be up with the BMW's or Mercedes in quality etc..
  7. Damians

Help! Heads bursting with tyres

I never had a problem with Potenzas
  8. Damians

Not editing posts

And no Beardie I like IE :)
  9. Damians

Not editing posts

Trying to edit a post where I have put a the instead of a them making me look like a stupid person. Tried to edit it and it's coming up a blank post. I would rather my posts make me look stupid (which is probably every week) than me unable to edit something
  10. Damians

Enter not dropping text by a line

Thanks Al will try it in the morning.
  11. Damians

Probably Beardie. Let my teenage son loose on the computer. Ended up having to do a system restore.
  12. Damians

Can't seem to space my text or pictures by a line any more. Used to be able to press Enter and automatically drop by a line but the cursor just sits on the same line.
  13. Damians

OEM Sat Nav Disc Reading Error

Have you tried cleaning the disc head?
  14. Damians

Weird Fuse Box Bodge Found! Anybody Help Suss This Out??

I guess we should agree to disagree then as I commission life safety systems for Siemens and would only use crimps when I'm feeling lazy (which is most of the time )
  15. Damians

I find people crimp too loosely and the cables work loose very quickly. If you solder a joint and as long as they don't move the joint for a few seconds it will be a far better electrical connection than a loose crimp. And with that I will stay out of the technical part of the forum for another...
  16. Damians

Solder done properly with heat shrink is far better than any crimp.
  17. Damians

Radio stopped working!!?

Would a short cut the amp out?
  18. Damians

There was a rumour ages ago about a diesel version of the Type-R and with it being 5 door as well could mean I get myself one again.
  19. Damians

Quick Reply freezing

Thanks Beardie
  20. Damians

Quick Reply freezing

Anybody else getting the text in the quick reply box freezing all the time? It's lagging really bad.
  21. Damians

Advert banner

It's the one with buttons at the top for Thrift something.com can't remember the full title
  22. Damians

Front door smashed in to get keys, CTRO member

Here's the main part of the story
  23. Damians

Front door smashed in to get keys, CTRO member

I'm sorry but this did make me laugh.
  24. Damians

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

A 320D SE spec with out any other extras is £28000. I know which one I would choose. --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.094209,0.429373
  25. Damians

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

Wouldn't it be possible to just photo shop a different colour onto it? Or will the dazzle camo stop you doing that?
  26. Damians

buying a civic over 100k miles

My clutch only lasted 50k. Car was still tight at 100k
  27. Damians

Loud wind noise

Sounds like the window seal to me. Mine used to do it at 130.
  28. Damians

Highest Mileage on an EP3

I had mine for 3 years and it did 100K. Was still lovely and tight in all the right places
  29. Damians

Tapatalk plug in

I've bought Tapatalk but can't find the forum on there. CTRO there but not TRO ?
  30. Damians

FN2 Traction Control on or off?

Depends if you are a **** driver or not ;)
  31. Damians

free mini games when bored?

http://www.kongregate.com/
  32. Damians

Tramlining?

When my EP3 was brand new it still pulled to the contours of the road. Worse so when I was driving it as a normal car. There is nothing wrong with it just a characteristic of an EP3 ;)
  33. Damians

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

Rockingham is a fantastic spectactor circuit. Glad you had fun driving it. Seen you a few times just look out for a Silver new shape Mondeo wanting to do above the Tonne all the time ;)
  34. Damians

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

Was behind you tonight Lottie until you turned off towards Bartlow. Those Tie Straps are very distracting I kept getting blinded by my own headlights :lol::lol: Car looks fantastic and yes it was me in the silver Dagenham Dustbin pipping and flashing his hazards at you.
  35. Damians

high mileage CTR

I did over 100,000 miles in my CTR and the engine never missed a beat. It was driven like it was stolen from the very first day.
  36. Damians

photoshop please

Move over Jermal there is a new King in Town :twisted: I've designed you Black Alloys with a White Tire. It's a bit 50's but I like it :smt047
  37. Damians

photoshop please

I've left the centre hub silver. Thought it set the green off perfectly :smt047
  38. Damians

stolen ariel!!!

I thought an Arial Atom had been stolen :lol::lol:
  39. Damians

Cough, splutter.

My record was 53.07 litres I dare you to beat that :smt047:smt047:smt047 http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=40965&highlight=petrol
  40. Damians

Advice on keeping your car safe

If anybody came upstairs with a Sledgehammer I would be able to answer the age old question " What is better a Sledge Hammer or a Samurai Sword" my money is on the sword ;)
  41. Damians

FN2 New Clutch In Under 12K

I drove my EP3 from new like it was stolen and it didn't need a clutch change until 50K
  42. Damians

Slightly hard to change gear

Here's my thread are you getting the same symptoms ? http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=37695
  43. Damians

Slightly hard to change gear

The gear box mesh might not have been changed on the recall. Mine needed a new gearbox and a clutch at 50k as the 6th gear is too big for the gear box causing 2nd gear to wear out prematurely
  44. Damians

Playstation portable ID

It's crap compared to microsofts. Hope Sony get there act together as would love for it to show stats and what game's I have played!
  45. Damians

How long will an engine last?

Aren't those pictures taken in an Auction house? Even for £900 it looks dodgey
  46. Damians

Another EP3 bites the dust!!

Did you see the forensics guy take the blue film from the door and drop it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  47. Damians

Interesting Oil Facts #2

Interesting Thanks
  48. Damians

Spoiler Tags

Thanks Andy :D
  49. Damians

Spoiler Tags

Can we have tags to wrap around information which makes it hidden until somebody either hovers over it or clicks on it. So then we can say spoiler information on TV programmes, GTA 4 etc and let RossyT etc read without having to accidentally having to read spoiler information?
  50. Damians

FD2 FD2 vs ST170

Totaly agree Evl. If you want arguements then go to CTRO if you just want to chat and mess about then stay here as we are very good at that :lol: :lol:
  51. Damians

Should I Buy This Type-R?

It's a 53 registered in 2004 so it's registered in either Jan or Feb. It's a Facelift and nothing else. Premiers are 55's or later (I Think). Leather is rare but that does seem over priced but Mickey is the expert ;)
  52. Damians

How Many Miles do you do in a week?

Do about 1k a week if I'm driving to work sometimes I just get the train. Cars up to 85K in 3 years but moved house 4 months ago which is increasing the miles drastically
  53. Damians

How not to sell your CTR..

Night Hawk Black has metal flakes in it. Wonder if the previous owner realised how low his IQ was and decided to tell him the metal flakes are an after market extra :lol:
  54. Damians

How not to sell your CTR..

He decided that wasn't enough information so he readvertised it http://pistonheads.com/classifieds/322366.htm :lol: :lol: :lol:
  55. Damians

void warranty?

Joe send them a letter stating you are not happy with there service and if they can't find the fault then you will take it to a Honda dealership and then claim the money back via the small claims court. It might do the trick
  56. Damians

void warranty?

Just had a thought ! Is it banging in 1st and 2nd only? If so it's your wheels spinning and making the front of the car jump. All CTR's do that ;)
  57. Damians

void warranty?

Take your old man always better to have 2 people gang up on him ;)
  58. Damians

void warranty?

He's basically telling you not to use Vtec. What a cock
  59. Damians

void warranty?

If you are not going above the red line then it's covered by the warranty. It's a Type-R not a granny wagon so should be driven hard. Go back and demand for it to be fixed. Honda resealed my windscreen as I told them it was whistling at 130 they never quibbled it :)
  60. Damians

2 1/2 Weeks in a bodyshop

Yeah it's an insurance job :rolleyes:
  61. Damians

Lorry decided to move into my lane as I was going past him and ripped my wing mirror off. It went into the bodyshop to get repaired but they decided they couldn't source the Wing Mirror until middle of January so that's the best they can do :lol: :lol: :lol: you have to laugh sometimes
  62. Damians

Left my car for 2 1/2 weeks in a Bodyshop I hope you like the Mod that they made :)
  63. Damians

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Mines up to 78K on a Feb 2005 :lol:
  64. Damians

FN2 Diesel type r

I heard this from Honda in Cambridge last week. Didn't know if to believe them or not :eek:
  65. Damians

FD2 Honda Japan sells stripped down track-only FD2

Sounds like it's only for sale for a specific Race series
  66. Damians

Headlight bulbs

Just be careful going around corners ;)
  67. Damians

Common Civic Faults

I reached a stupid speed at a Kent meet once and my windscreen started howling. I took it straight back to the dealer and they reseated;)
  68. Damians

Common Civic EP3 Faults

I reached a stupid speed at a Kent meet once and my windscreen started howling. I took it straight back to the dealer and they reseated;)
  69. Damians

Front brake wear........

Will need to slow down once I'm in a Diesel :(
  70. Damians

Front brake wear........

Umm on my 5th set of pads (i think) 2nd or 3rd set of disc's. 2nd Gear box and 2nd clutch. Oh and 5th set of front tyres. I'm pretty certain I am the reason why my firm has switched to Diesels :lol: :lol: :lol:
  71. Damians

Front brake wear........

Ummm 12500 on the first service :lol:
  72. Damians

60k Service

Shouldn't it be the 62,500 Service?
  73. Damians

Cutting it a little fine

Just beaten my old record. Got into Rochester at 2am to find the Texaco garage being refurbished. Decided to drive to the one across the City as I wanted the points ;) Filled up with 53.07 litres :eek: Guess I was cutting it very fine this time :lol: The 0.07 litres was probably the bit that...
  74. Damians

FN2 Worth getting the GT?

if you are waiting for August you might as well wait until September. Will hold it's value better come part exchange ;)
  75. Damians

Washing without a hosepipe

Use a bucket and a Mug. Fill the Mug halfway and flick your wrist. Surprising how long a bucket of water will last you. BIG BIG TIP THOUGH make sure you use a strong mug otherwise the handle might break and you will dent your car :lol:
  76. Damians

Sold up

I didn't like the ST thought the delivery was a little boring but can't moan too much as my next car is probably going to be a diesel :eek:
  77. Damians

Hyperlinks

Thanks Funky, Carl and Sharkey :) I Think it Works
  78. Damians

Hyperlinks

How do I make a nice little hyperlink. All I ever seem to be able to do is http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php would love to learn the click here thingy ;) Did a search on the forum and didn't find anything probably meaning I didn't look hard enough:lol: :lol:
  79. Damians

JDM FD2 Type R

£24k very very tempting
  80. Damians

JDM FD2 Type R

Ummm looks so so much better
  81. Damians

Whats my car worth???

Probably a ex company car. Mines on a 54 plate but it's registered the 1st of Feb 2005. Didnt have any choice in the matter
  82. Damians

Adaptive Cruise Control

Ok 90 mins x 5 days = 450 mins 450 mins x 52 weeks ( i work some weekends so will even out ) = 23400 23400 x 3 years = 70200 divide 70200 by 2750 = 25 minutes sleep per pound note So will cost me about £3.50 every day for 90 minutes sleep :lol: :lol: I wonder if the police would do...
  83. Damians

Adaptive Cruise Control

So anybody know how much this costs or is it standard? I want to crawl into my car in the morning get on the M2 set the adaptive cruise control and the Lane Keeping Assist System. Set my Sat nav to wake me when i get to the Blackwall Tunnel and Bob's your uncle. 90 minutes more kip in the...
  84. Damians

Adaptive Cruise Control

I've been playing about with the one on the piccaso and found I actually would keep my licence if I had cruise control. When i'm in the CTR I start at 80 and the foot gets heavier and heavier until i'm doing stupid figure in stupida places. One day I will get caught.
  85. Damians

FN2 Anybody had a little play with a FN2 with a older type-r yet?

I never ran mine in. Never use's any oil and still going strong at 60k. Had a new gear box though;)
  86. Damians

Adaptive Cruise Control

It almost is :lol: :lol: But this way I get to sit in a comfy chair and not have to listen to some little ***** Ipod
  87. Damians

Adaptive Cruise Control

Been reading the Honda Magazine and it mentioned about Adaptive Cruise Control. This sounds perfect to me I could be day dreaming on the motorway with the car accelerating and braking for me ;) . Can't find it any where on the options list so is it standard on the Accord (I doubt very much) or...
  88. Damians

Very nasty CTR crash

Wouldn't the warning beeper be beeping all the time ?
  89. Damians

Hopefully the next car.....

Very nice. Is it a S or a Works?
  90. Damians

5th Service

My 5th service is coming up very rapidly. Getting a strange sound from the drive shaft so hoping they will sort it at the same time
  91. Damians

FN2 FN2 discounts

HM?
  92. Damians

EP3 FN2 test drive thread

Nice Review Mikey. I also noticed about the steering wheel impeding the view on the rev counter and I'm about 5/10-11
  93. Damians

FN2 Colour

Looks sexy in the flesh. Black from a distance and when you get closer it starts to turn slightly gold
  94. Damians

FN2 Colour

Thinking about the Bronze one:o
  95. Damians

FN2 Old versus New

Got one from an Ex and we want two. So that makes 3 :lol:
  96. Damians

FN2 Old versus New

Very true but Loz and I are thinking about starting a family soon. Only 2 seats in the back of the Type-R was a big disappointment so went to have a look at the ST
  97. Damians

FN2 Old versus New

FFS took a FN2 out yesterday and now I'm considering getting one :lol: Also went out in a ST2 and thought while it was quicker it was no where near as fun
  98. Damians

FN2 AutoCar 0-100 & lap times

Well said Chris. I will get my first drive next weekend but i am not looking forward to it. When I first wanted a Type-R I couldn't afford one, when I could they had just brought out a new one which according to the hype was .2 of a second faster to 60 ;) . Now when I fancy a change the new one...
Back