• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Linus27

EP3 FK2 Rev Hang

Does anyone else find the rev hang to be quite bad on the FK2? I'm really struggling with it and its really killing the enjoyment of driving the car right now. It's not so bad in higher gears but second to third is just horrible. Anything I can do to make it better or something I need to get...
  2. Linus27

FK2 Radio Reset Code

Did a reset on the radio in my FK2 and now its asking me to enter the radio code. My handbook under radio code say N/A which isn't very helpful. Is there a generic code for the radio/infotainment system or is it going to be a trip to the dealer? EDIT: All sorted, start the car, press power...
  3. Linus27

FK2 New FK2 owner - question about the boot

I picked up my lovely blue FK2 at the weekend but one thing I noticed was the boot has a large cut out which stops the whole boot being totally flat. It is like there should be a panel to cover this hole and the hole would be an extra storage compartment. Is this correct? Should there be a...
  4. Linus27

K100/KPro - Trackdays and Noise Limit Tests

Apologies if this has been discussed, I did search but could not find anything. Planning on getting a K100 remap soon and wondering how it will work with trackdays and noise limit tests. I believe at the moment, when stationary, my EP3 will only rev to 5,800 until it hits the limiter. There is...
  5. Linus27

Thinking of selling - Value of EP3?

Mulling over the idea of selling my EP3 as I am doing around 14k miles a year and fancy something a bit more comfortable. I kind of have a price in mind but interested on hearing others views. The spec is, 2005 Cosmic Grey with 80k. Aircon Condition is excellent apart from a few kerbing marks...
  6. Linus27

DC Sports 4-2-1 Manifold - JDM Front Arb

Just a quick question. When fitting a DC Sports 4-2-1 manifold to an EP3, does it require the JDM front ARB or will it fit with the OEM front ARB? I know some 4-2-1 manifolds require the JDM front ARB but couldn't find anything saying the DC Sports manifold does. Thank you.
  7. Linus27

DC Sports or Japspeed Manifold?

Looking to get an 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and have read great things about the DC Sports one as well as the Japspeed one. As the Japspeed is pretty much half the price over the DC Sports one, is there any benifit of paying the extra for thE DC Sports one? Also, does a 4-2-1 decay make your car...
  8. Linus27

What will give me better gains?

Going to get a k100 remap done to my EP3 at some point soon. To get the most out of the remap, what would give me better gains, an un-silenced mid pipe with OEM back box or a DC sports cat back exhaust system? Thanks in advance.
  9. Linus27

Where to K100 remap - Any difference?

Plan on getting a K100 remap done to my EP3. I keep reading great things about Paul at TDI North but Euro-Spec are just up the road from me. Worth going all the way to TDI North or will Euro-Spec do a good enough job?
  10. Linus27

Biggest gains?

With a K100 remap on an EP3, what would give the bigger gains, RBC intake manifold with unsilenced mid pipe and OEM back box or 4-2-1 exhaust manifold with decat, unsilenced mid pipe and OEM back box Just wondering which one to go for when I get a K100 remap done.
  11. Linus27

Silicone Induction Hoses?

Are Silicone Induction Hoses really worth it and make much difference or is the OEM hose good enough? I currently have an ITG Induction but its still using the OEM hose. wondering if its worth getting a silicone hose.
  12. Linus27

Hondas On Track - Castle Combe 26th April 2013

If anyone is looking to do a well organised, friendly track day then Hondas on Track have one on Friday 26th April at Castle Combe. There are only two spaces left so head over quick to http://www.hondas-on-track.com/forums/index.php?topic=4693.0 and get yourself booked in.
  13. Linus27

Decat - Extra noise?

Just a quick question really. Currently have the OEM backback and unsilenced Sportex B-pipe on my EP3 and it makes a nice but subtle raspy noise. More importantly, its very track legal for noise limits. I am looking at getting the Japspeed 4-2-1 manifold which would decat the car. Does decatting...
  14. Linus27

Quick K100 question

I am sure I read somewhere the if you have the K100 and remap done to your car, it means when the car is standing at idle, you can only rev the car to a certain limit. Is this true and what is the limit? The reason I ask is I do track days in my EP3 and for noise tests I need to be able to rev...
  15. Linus27

Exhaust Manifold - Any preference?

Looking to get a new exhaust manifold for my EP3 and see that there are a fair few on the market covering most budgets from Japspeed, Tegiwa, DC Sports, Spoon, Toda etc. Is there any preference with some better that the other or some that should be avoided or are they all pretty much equal...
  16. Linus27

New cat back exhaust system or unsilenced B-Pipe?

Currently have on my EP3 the OEM back box and a sportex unsilenced b-pipe. Would a cat back exhaust system, for example, DC Sports, HKS Hi Power, TODA etc be a better setup than what I currently have or not a lot of difference? If better, in what way, gains or just quality? The car will have a...
  17. Linus27

Bedford Noise Limit?

I have a track day in a couple of weeks at Bedford and I am wondering if any one else has had any issues with noise. My EP3 has the OEM backbox, manifold and cat still but it does have an unsilenced Sportex B-Pipe and ITG Induction kit. I do live a fair trek away from any circuit (closest to...
  18. Linus27

Hum coming from engine

Does anoyone else have a quiet hum coming from the engine? It can be heard from when inside the car and seems constant but no idea if this is normal or not. I can't work out where its coming from in the engine but i can hear it humming. Is this normal?
  19. Linus27

Supersprint B-Pipe Owners - A quick question

My Sportex B-Pipe scrapes on some speed bumps. Even before it was lowered 15mm with the Eibach Pro Springs it would scape on some of the more aggresive speed bumps. I believe this is common with Sportex B-Pipes as it sits lower than the OEM B-Pipe. Does the Supersprint unsilenced B-pipe hang...
  20. Linus27

Spoon N1 - Raspy Sound or other?

I currently have the standard EP3 backback and an unsilenced sportex B-Pipe. This gives a very nice raspy sound, especially at lower to mid revs. The problem with this setup is the B-Pipe scrapes on certain speed bumps. The other thing is when the car gets to higher revs, the engine note changes...
  21. Linus27

Steering Feels Like Treacle

Not sure if this is totally normal with an EP3 or not but I thought I would ask the question anyway. When I am cruising on motorways, duel carriageways etc at national speed limits plus :) and I am making very small steering corrections as you do, the steering feels really heavy and dampered as...
  22. Linus27

What's your car's current mileage?

My mileage on my EP3 is currently 62,730. My app on my Itouch has predicted that I will do around 19,637 miles in a year so in 2 years time, my EP3 is going to be on 100k miles :eek: Not liking that but I guess these cars are happy to go well over 100k miles is serviced each year.
  23. Linus27

Misting up windscreen

My windscreen in my EP3 keeps misting up if I use the heater without the aircon. If I use the aircon then its fine and stays clear but if I turn it off it then starts to mist up. The heater works fine pumping out hot and cold air. No dampness in the car either. Any ideas or a common fault with...
  24. Linus27

Is this my heatshield playing up?

Started my EP3 yesterday morning and I heard a metalic noise coming from around the front of the car. It only does it when the car fires up and not heard again. Really hard to describe the sound but its like a very fast short burst of metal rattling. Not a clunk clunk type of noise more of a...
  25. Linus27

DC2 DB8 DC5 Do DC5 Mid Pipes come up for sale?

My EP3 Sportex unsilenced mid pipe sits a lot lower than the standard OEM EP3 mid pipe and so, it scrapes on some speedbumps. I've been told by my garage that the OEM DC5 mid pipe fits an EP3 perfectly and will sits under the car around the same height as the OEM silenced EP3 mid pipe. The DC5...
  26. Linus27

I've Just Bought A Honda Dealership :)

I just bought my own Honda dealership for only £9.99 :) Its a little small at the moment with one Honda NSX and a generic F1 car (donated by my 4 year old daughter) but it does come with one employee, rotating car display, working showroom doors and two working service ramps. I could had bought...
  27. Linus27

How good or bad is the original Honda EP3 OEM Exhaust?

My EP3 has the original Honda OEM exhaust apart from the mid pipe which is an unsilenced sportex. The unsilenced mid pipe does sound very nice but does scrape of some speed bumps due to it hanging lower than the original OEM mid pipe. I am about to have Eibach Pro Springs fitted which is going...
  28. Linus27

Possible throttle pickup issue? Anyone had this?

Occasionally, I have noticed on my EP3 when applying throttle to pull away normally (not flooring it) from a stand still, for example pulling away from the lights, the pickup kind of hesitates and jolts a little as if the car coughs for a split second. Its only very minor but enough for me and...
  29. Linus27

Spare Key - Do Have Key Card

I never got the spare key with my 05 CTR but it did come with the Key Card with code in the folder which says if you misplace your keys hand this card in to your Honda dealer who will order you a replacement. Does anyone know if Honda will still need the car to programme the key or will it be...
  30. Linus27

Fitting B Pipe Advice

I currently have an unsilenced B Pipe fitted to my EP3 and I might fit the original Honda B Pipe back on. The unsilenced one has only been on a couple of weeks so I don't think it will require any grinding to remove the bolts. Is it a case of simply undoing the bolts, removing the pipe and...
  31. Linus27

Engine Management Light On - Possible mods?

Had my 2005 EP3 for about a month now and everything has been great. About three weeks back I fitted an ITG Maxogen induction kit and a Sportek B Pipe. Everything else on the car is totally standard. Car has been running fine with no problems until yesterday. My wife took the car to work which...
  32. Linus27

EP3 centre console - Any aftermarket options?

The only thing I am not keen on in my EP3 is the silver centre console and gearstick surround. I think it would look great in black. Does anyone manufacture a replacement black one or are there any other options to have it in black rather than the standard silver? Door handle inserts I think...
  33. Linus27

Noise over speed bump - what could it be?

We have quite an aggresive speed bump near my house that I have to drive over. I have noticed in the past that most times when I drive over it, I get a clunking noise. Driving over other speed bumps has been ok. However tonight, when I drove over it, there was a loud clunk. So I decided to drive...
  34. Linus27

New ITG Maxogen Owner - My feedback

Have had my EP3 about a week now and loving it. It came with a Piper X induction kit which if I am honest, I was never keen on. I had read a lot about the open cone making the car hesitant and lacking smooth throttle response especially at lower speeds which I felt mine was suffering from. I...
  35. Linus27

Original Airbox - What parts do I need?

My car has fitted a Piper Cross induction kit. I am going to put the original OEM airbox back on the car but as my car did not come with one so I am having to try and find one secondhand. I have seen a few which seem to be the box, filter and breather pipe only. My car has the top and bottom...
  36. Linus27

Are these mods a good idea?

Hi all, A new EP3 owner here and thinking about possibly what mods to do to the car. I don't wan't silly power or noise but just a little to improve the overall car. I have spent the last two days reading through past threads and came to the following list of mods from what others have...
  37. Linus27

ITG Maxogen Induction Kit - Best place to buy for EP3?

Hi, Anyone know the best place to buy the ITG Maxogen induction kit for a facelift EP3? So far I have found http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ has them for £375 plus £8.50 delivery. Any places sell them cheaper or is this a good price? Thanks for the help.
Back