• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Jo5h

Mugen spoiler EP3 with brake light?

The lesser Civic models had a smaller spoiler and the brake light fitted behind the window. Should be straight forward just to get one of those.
  2. Jo5h

my type r premier edition

Looks incredibly similar to mine! I want the same exhaust, is it an M2?
  3. Jo5h

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Cleaned and polished mine as it behaved on track earlier this week! :D
  4. Jo5h

EP3 rust?

Think it is the brace/bar thing that goes from one side to the other. Think it is removable, sure I've seen bolts on either end. How easy though is another matter.
  5. Jo5h

FN2 Strange noise like stones rubbing together

Doesn't the FN2 have an issue with the front subframe and dirt in somewhere it shouldn't? Mentioned in the list of issues here: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?84577-Buying-guide-check-list-for-the-FN2-Civic-Type-R
  6. Jo5h

EP3 6k to spend

They do look better but I find my standard seats more comfortable; IMO of course!
  7. Jo5h

Best ep3 window wind deflectors?

Another for Climair. No clips or tape, but they stay firm. Can get light and dark tint
  8. Jo5h

Bulbs keep blowing - EP3

Is there a knack to doing the clips on the back? Always struggle getting them back on and I am never quite sure they are seated right.
  9. Jo5h

Fitting a 2.5" B-pipe

http://www.m2motorsport.co.uk/acatalog/M2-FRING-57---EP3-FIRE-RING-57MM-576.html#SID=10 May be available elsewhere cheaper, but that is what you want. Not sure if you need anything at the cat end.
  10. Jo5h

Hondata Airbox Mod

I was a bit disappointed when I opened mine to do the mod and install a K&N filter, to find the mod had already been done! Haven't really noticed a noise increase with the filter, but it does make a nice subtle noise when hitting VTEC but no massive "kick". Can't compare to a standard box though...
  11. Jo5h

Ep2 Sport

Definitely belt, it is recommended to change the water pump at the same time. Oddly the engine is the complete reverse of the EP3, everything is on the opposite side. Watch for gearbox noises, input shaft and or release bearing likes to fail and cause whining noises.
  12. Jo5h

Interior trim colour

£44 from Tegiwa, or £26 each from Lings, may be cheaper somewhere else? :shock:
  13. Jo5h

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

Get the Tegiwa for some noise, then have a think about the longer plan and what you want from the car to save doing similar things twice (In my opinion, of course). :)
  14. Jo5h

What exhaust to pick M2 or SRS ??

Have you seen any of these, Jimbo? Wondering if they will be any louder than OEM
  15. Jo5h

What exhaust to pick M2 or SRS ??

The M2 backbox isn't what I would call quiet either, mind none are really apart from the more expensive JDM systems (Mugen, Fujitsubo, Toda, etc). Depends what you cam tollerate.
  16. Jo5h

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

Where abouts are you based? Might be someone near willing to show you around. :)
  17. Jo5h

EP3 front fog lights wanted

Funny this thread should pop-up, currently going through the same process! I found some on eBay, probably not genuine but they are new, currently waiting on delivery. Current ones are in a right state, reflective stuff is all coming off and all sorts of sandy type stuff came out when I removed...
  18. Jo5h

EP3 Steve Satin Silver Premier 2006

Very good news the box was fine! Did you see what the clutch condition was like? Any life left in it at all?
  19. Jo5h

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Ah do those roads often, I did sell my old one but now back in another, best option for the money! Cosmic, non premier, no Type R badge on front if you see it about :)
  20. Jo5h

No I was working in the main control tower. Thought I recognised it from somewhere, must have been here, will keep an eye out around Lincoln as well - I'm only Louth.
  21. Jo5h

Was this on track at Cadwell last weekend? If it was it sounded awesome down the start straight. :)
  22. Jo5h

EP3 Steve Satin Silver Premier 2006

I think that's my old car; had a mark/crack on the rear bumper, far left hand side just where it meets the arch?! EDIT: Had another look, it is, that's my old radio! :lol:
  23. Jo5h

fn2 lowering advice

Area Motorsport and Ti Motorsport (Tegiwa) are both in Stoke-on-Trent, never used either though.
  24. Jo5h

What is the smallest size wheels fit an ep3

Think EP1s run 15" as standard, so they would fit. Won't need much braking power in autograss anyway, flat out all the way! :)
  25. Jo5h

What is the smallest size wheels fit an ep3

I ran 16"s over winter and they were very close to the caliper, wouldn't have thought you'd get 15"s over them.
  26. Jo5h

Civic Type R #2 Fn2 GT :)

Is that with using the code VIP30? 30% off until midnight tonight, they are always emailing out offer codes haha :)
  27. Jo5h

Front right brake very hot

I think I paid around £150 for a front right caliper, but can't remember if that included labour or if that was just the part :lol:
  28. Jo5h

Which EP3 Mugen Replica wing?

I did debate getting one, it would have been a FiberWorx one - They confirmed to me that they have the extra bolt holes at the bottom of the spoiler for EP3 fitment. A lot of the ones on eBay don't as they are designed for the EP2 sport models as well.
  29. Jo5h

My pre face lift ep3

Shifter bushes make a massive difference, although after driving for a little while it becomes normal :)
  30. Jo5h

Honda #4 - FN2 GT (Nav/HFT)

Love all those roads, especially around Horncastle and Cadwell as you get some nice height changes as well. Great job with the car, lovely work :)
  31. Jo5h

Front shock dead??? EP3

They are here: http://areamotorsport.co.uk/area-shop/bilstein-**-replacement-shock-absorber-set-ep3-civic-type-r/ Obviously other outlets will be able to sell something similar, but gives an idea on price. Good luck with it all! Hopefully it is all worth it in the end, even if it does seem a...
  32. Jo5h

Front shock dead??? EP3

Area Motorsport sell a full set of Bilstein dampers (B 4 I think) for around £340, so just the fronts would come in at a chunk under that Honda price. Might be worth looking at the Sachs alternatives if you have those on the rear already?
  33. Jo5h

Could no find where to post

On my EP2 I had the air con re-gassed and a few days later it stopped working as you describe Spike. It turned out to be one of the metal pipes that goes into the air con radiator, the end bit had snapped off but was still inside the radiator. Didn't look like there were any leaks but obviously...
  34. Jo5h

FN2 A funny noise

See if the heat is the same each side, hotter one side would point towards a sticky caliper which is a bit of a common thing it has to be said.
  35. Jo5h

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Watch out for a black one being sold cheap https://twitter.com/TweetbeatIOM/status/742603796820463616
  36. Jo5h

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Corten Miller, local tuning place not to far from Skegness. Got all the Hunter equipment so gave them the specs, got it spot on to be fair :) It was either that or travel 3 hours (1 way!) to Grinspeed, but opted for a local option first off.
  37. Jo5h

Surprised you have still got that, bet it makes a nice ornament :) Also tempted by the intake option, although a TegM variant. The FRSU is definitely money well spent though, even on the standard springs it feels a lot different - That was without the JDM rear ARB upgrade to which I may go for...
  38. Jo5h

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Looks great, also looks like the previous owner added a Rhino Lip to the front bumper :)
  39. Jo5h

EP3 Solid shifter bush Sizes , making my own

I think you could get a good market for those to be fair, looks very well made.
  40. Jo5h

Good write up on the Pistonheads Forum by the owner of that car and their journey, was only run in on the way to the 'ring: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1592441
  41. Jo5h

Another boring post asking about tyre sizes on EVO 8 Enkei alloys... Sorry :/

Looking forward to these pictures, how much are you lowered/what on?
  42. Jo5h

urgent help needed, changing the headlight bulb on ep3 ctr

I can always do the passenger side first try but the drivers side is a real PITA. Don't think it helps that the washer bottle tube thing is in the way.
  43. Jo5h

That would make sense, wouldn't trust it to the manufacturers to be honest with their times! Would explain why the Golf time seems to jump a second from the end of the video to the final time.
  44. Jo5h

The Golf lap looks like it starts the timer closer to the corner, but it could just be the angle of the video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB46pXth610 Civic for comparison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9G7N0_M9Rc
  45. Jo5h

Honda Civic EP3 grinding/wearing noise

It is suggested for just about everything, but have you checked your driveshaft/exhaust manifold/i-VTEC cover for any movement? Driveshaft heatshield especially.
  46. Jo5h

Type R number 2 - My NHB EP3

Thanks for the comment, helpful. :) Strange about the exhaust, but as you say might be down to his discretion and he was having a bad day.
  47. Jo5h

Ep3 Excessive Rear camber

I recently had mine done (On standard springs) and surprisingly I can feel a difference. Not sure what my camber settings were like before as the initial reading from the machine was after the arms etc were fitted but if I was to guess it would have been closer to 0 degrees one side and then...
  48. Jo5h

Spark plugs ??? confused!!! lol

I got the same but off eBay, few pound cheaper ;)
  49. Jo5h

Type R number 2 - My NHB EP3

Hey Jimbo, how are you getting on with the exhaust? Wanting some noise again and the 4" M2 one appeals. How is it with the bung in, much different?
  50. Jo5h

Exhaust guide

Yeah thought I better while the engine is clean haha, won't look like that often. Not a massive fan of loud, it wasn't the level of noise but it was very deep and "boomy". :) No-one else I know has an EP3 so can't ask them about the Mongoose for you unfortunately.
  51. Jo5h

Type R #9 CW FD2

Overnight parts from Japan?! Epic car though :)
  52. Jo5h

Exhaust guide

Cool, interesting to hear. I have been considering it, had a N1 rep backbox before and it was to loud, been looking at all sorts of videos recently but can't really tell through speakers what they are like fully.
  53. Jo5h

Exhaust guide

That looks good, how loud is it compared to the OEM system?
  54. Jo5h

Aluminium Centre Caps for Ep3 wheels

Do they not offer painting caps separately with a can? When I had mine done they did the caps extra for £20.
  55. Jo5h

Dumb question but I guess you would need to get everything painted as well?
  56. Jo5h

Don't tempt me, I had been thinking/dreaming about it ;)
  57. Jo5h

You could probably make a nice living room decoration with those washers and the extra twin loop ;)
  58. Jo5h

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

Will keep an eye out. Good idea keeping it away from the salt this time of year. Haha good luck with the Copper. :)
  59. Jo5h

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

Inspiration for mine this is :) Have you noticed much of a difference with the Progress ARB installed compared to standard?
  60. Jo5h

Damn, that's a pain. Where did you get them from?
  61. Jo5h

Got them on mine, fitted them a few weeks ago. Mine are pretty much as per this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerT6hpIEMk
  62. Jo5h

FN2 running issues

Although mine is an EP3 it has done exactly what your problem #1 is describing, had to just put up with the jumping until a bit warmer. Did seem worse on colder mornings though, it was in May mind so not like this time of year! That was both/one of the O2 sensors, the EML came on not to long...
  63. Jo5h

xSythan's Ep3 Premier Edition Type R Build Thread

That must be your upgrades that I have just been admiring on Grinspeed's Instagram? :)
  64. Jo5h

Just got my name down for one of those battery covers, they should look the part.
  65. Jo5h

Upgrade Headlight/Sidelight Bulbs

I think I've somehow managed to mess up installing mine, or got a dodgy one: they both work but one side is a lot dimmer (Visibly so, can tell when shining on other cars). Going to have a poke around and see if it isn't seated right or something, hope I don't have a faulty one as the packaging...
  66. Jo5h

Agree with that, look very smart. Didn't know how well they were going to stick but they seem fairly stuck on; not going to pull them though!
  67. Jo5h

Upgrade Headlight/Sidelight Bulbs

Got some of those waiting for mine to, just wanted something to pair with the whiter sidelights as it looks weird with a yellowy dipped beam.
  68. Jo5h

Climair Wind deflectors.

Up to you really, the normal ones are light and the dark tint ones are as the name suggests darker. But they don't list them as 2 products so you need to request darker ones.
  69. Jo5h

Climair Wind deflectors.

Climair direct: http://www.climairuk.com/Honda-Civic-3-door-2001-to-2006-Front-Window-Deflector-pair.html That price is ex VAT and postage. Don't forget to ask for dark tint ones if you want them.
  70. Jo5h

TYPE-R Carbon Effect door Sills EP3

Wonder what that extra logo could be :p Would love to buy that twin loop, but the next big upgrade is going to be some springs + FRSU
  71. Jo5h

TYPE-R Carbon Effect door Sills EP3

Got mine in the previous batch, they are very nice. :)
  72. Jo5h

I've got £20 and half a packet of chewing gum to start the bidding, Scottish! :)
  73. Jo5h

One of them fancy 360 degree videos here as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6sIyRx5NTs&feature=youtu.be
  74. Jo5h

Aren't all the gear knobs the same thread anyway? Besides it has Mugen on it, who cares! :)
  75. Jo5h

Less noise wanted!

Jimbo, was a standard B pipe (Well, OE quality B pipe I think, bought and fitted by local exhaust place). I did enquire with Injection Imports but the price is a bit high for me at the moment, would prefer to get things like FRSU first.
  76. Jo5h

Less noise wanted!

Depends on your definition of loud I suppose, It is quite loud between 2-4k so town driving I feel it grates a little. I only had a week or so on an OEM setup before changing, so can't really compare fully but it is definitely a deeper sound. STR, will wait until your Twin Loop is for sale...
  77. Jo5h

Less noise wanted!

Never got a bung with mine, but it was the small N1 style tip. I have a standard one waiting to go back on though, was a bit to loud for my day to day driving.
  78. Jo5h

Not seen these posted on here yet, Synchro Motorsport have a new Type R race car and they have put some pictures on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Synchrom_Sport It does look very nice, especially on the black Team Dynamics wheels.
  79. Jo5h

You are more patient than I would be STR! We need lots of pictures when done :)
  80. Jo5h

EP3 My old ctr

Check the old MOTs here to see if it is alive: https://mot-history.net/ Don't think it will work if it now has a private reg, but interesting to look at anyway.
  81. Jo5h

Climair will cut your commission if they see you saying you're getting rid of them lol ;)
  82. Jo5h

Milano Track EP3 259bhp N/A

I was, but only watching, 5 miles down the road so up there a lot for the car trackdays and things. Will keep an eye out for your red one now
  83. Jo5h

Milano Track EP3 259bhp N/A

Did you do Cadwell in your old car? Sure I recognise it from earlier this year, not many running the sport wheels!
  84. Jo5h

That exhaust setup is...unique
  85. Jo5h

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Fitted them in my mates FN, hardest bit was routing the cables behind the dash but other than that very straight forward - Done in 30 minutes or so (Not rushing!)
  86. Jo5h

Not at the moment, will see what happens as to whether I get on in the future
  87. Jo5h

Nice, will see what I get from Injection Imports. The price will be going up 10 fold with everyone asking off here now haha EDIT: Righto, got my price back from Injection and I have to say that's not bad at all!
  88. Jo5h

You've got me looking at the Mugen catbacks now, not many around! Want something a bit quieter than my standard B-pipe and rep N1
  89. Jo5h

Does it help the centre of gravity though? :)
  90. Jo5h

RichE's Sparklin' Cosmic EP3

Did this sort it for you? My drivers seat has started doing it now, passenger one has been for a while but tend not to carry to many so wasn't a concern. Car is looking good!
  91. Jo5h

Thanks Loxy (And Rick!), all arrived yesterday and now fitted looking very nice :)
  92. Jo5h

Just sent money, after red EP3 kit but all included in PayPal info ;)
  93. Jo5h

Climair Wind deflectors.

Agreed, mine as above so far.
  94. Jo5h

Climair Wind deflectors.

Yeah can't see them being any different, pretty obvious if they are for an EP3 or not :) Do they seem too small or just not staying up?
  95. Jo5h

Climair Wind deflectors.

3185 for mine mate
  96. Jo5h

Don't think the picture uploaded quite right ;)
  97. Jo5h

Less noise wanted!

I have a back box from M2 and to be fair the quality is very nice, a lot better than what I was expecting for what was a cheap eBay part.
  98. Jo5h

EML Light went on. P0132

Mine had this, would also stutter and surge even though the throttle was held steady for a few minutes when driving about.
  99. Jo5h

Climair Wind deflectors.

Arrived today! Already fitted and they are very snug, seem a touch bigger than the Hekos as well. Highly recommended!
Back