• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. dazzawest

2005 civic ep3 front fog lights needed

*the fog lights aren’t cheap GaragEP3 prices seem reasonable, never used them though. Integrastella looks like a good site
  2. dazzawest

Ep3 type r alignment problem

Why was a new subframe fitted?
  3. dazzawest

2005 civic ep3 front fog lights needed

Could try GaragEP3 on Facebook, they break ep3’s. They’re not cheap though usually.
  4. dazzawest

Cat/Exhaust question

A after market exhaust will hang a little lower, how much will probably vary slightly from brand to brand though. Might be worth considering a custom exhaust if you think it may cause problems. That said a little scraping here and there's never bothered me.
  5. dazzawest

Cosmic Grey EP3 70RR

Looking and sounding good mate
  6. dazzawest

FK2 Fuel for FK2

95 will be fine
  7. dazzawest

thank you, great service

Just a quick thank you to Kim at chris knott, really helpful and saved me £70ish on my insurance renewal. Definitely recommend
  8. dazzawest

EP3 Newbie - Just Sayin' Hello!

Evening, Car looks smart Enjoy the forum
  9. dazzawest

15mm spacers with Eibach Pro Kit?

15mm spacers are perfect in my opinion, if you're lowering then you will need the rear arches rolled, fronts are fine. Definitely get hubcentric ones, Eibach or Tegiwa ones are fine. I've got 15mm rear and 20mm front, both pairs are Tegiwa, never had a problem. Only got 20mm fronts to get...
  10. dazzawest

OEM FLYWHEEL EP3

Tegiwa do a couple of lightened flywheel for £195,http://www.tegiwaimports.com/index.php/select-car/honda/ep/drivetrain.html Genuine Honda ones seem to be not far of £600...
  11. dazzawest

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Looks good Loxy, glad you eventually got the car you set out for.
  12. dazzawest

FN2 Is this normal ?

The first Mot the car had? are these current faults? Could be something as simple as a flasher relay. Headlamp wiring "shouldn't" affect the indicator circuit.
  13. dazzawest

Backbox Issue??

Exhausts are the same between pre and facelift. Was it a off the shelf replica or a custom built replica? A off the shelf N1 rep should be a straight bolt on fit.
  14. dazzawest

Vinyl Wrap.

I got quoted £995+vat by monster wraps for a complete wrap in 3m black rose.
  15. dazzawest

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

I give it no more than 12 months before he's looking at type r's again:lol:
  16. dazzawest

EP3 Caliper swap..

+1 to that, exactly what I was about to put
  17. dazzawest

EP3 Caliper swap..

If you're not sure get a professional to do the job. It shouldn't be a costly job, a decent independent will probably charge £60ish to do the job. This way you know it's right, plus they'll have the equipment to wind the calipers back and should have the know how to set your handbrake up...
  18. dazzawest

Boooo, GTFO :D Looks nice Pete, I hope it's what you're looking for. I'm interested to see how you feel about it compared to the EP3. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the bm, if you put the same effort and attention to detail in that the civic had this will be a really special car.
  19. dazzawest

hi guys

All depends, what sound you're after? Are gains (power and torque) important? Back box, cat back or complete system? Tracking it? What look you after? theres a thread with various pictures and videos in to give you some ideas aswell.
  20. dazzawest

What's replacing it Pete?
  21. dazzawest

Climair wind deflectors

I think i had to guide the window gradually up past the deflector and then leave it shut. It'll prob be a tight fit but just move the window up gradually with just a flick of the switch each time
  22. dazzawest

Climair wind deflectors

Have you left the window up for 24hrs?
  23. dazzawest

Slough or surrounding areas

No, I finish at 5. Thinking about it I could come to you, I pass colnbrook on the way home.
  24. dazzawest

Pop over on Wednesday, I'll pm you my mobile number
  25. dazzawest

You about tomorrow afternoon? I'm a technician, you could bring it round and I'll have a look at it
  26. dazzawest

What's up with them?
  27. dazzawest

All mods

0% is orders over £2000 I think may be £1500, below that it 19.96%
  28. dazzawest

Products - cleaning and detailing

Have a look through some previous posts, they'll be various recomendations. Are you machine polishing or by hand? For exterior generally you'll want (followed by what I use): a pre wash or snow foam, valet pro citrus pre wash or auto finesse avalanche decent wash mitt, dodo juice one car...
  29. dazzawest

All mods

Grinspeed aren't local, they're in leyland near preston
  30. dazzawest

Best Petrol and oils to use

A decent branded 5w40 oil, personally I generally use Fuchs Titan stuff, but many people use shell helix which is quite a bit cheaper I think. Genuine or hamp oil filter. Ngk iridium plugs and genuine air filter if you're doing those parts aswell.
  31. dazzawest

All mods

You'll get great service from Tdi, Grinspeed and TGM, all will fit any parts you have or want to the highest standard but in my opinion mapping definitely Paul west at tdi.<br><br>Im generally around most evenings and weekends, with a couple of exceptions. Pm me some days or weekends you're...
  32. dazzawest

All mods

Yea I'm up for a meet up at some point. Don't think many meets go on that local, nearest one that comes to mind is ace cafe. Some guy stopped me on the way home the other night and told me he was getting a Heathrow Jap car club sorted, keeping my eyes peeled for that, if he doesn't then I might...
  33. dazzawest

All mods

You've picked the best and generally most expensive version of each of those items so unlikely you're going to get any better :) front camber kit, you may not need if you get coilovers, if you do eibach bolts are generally considered the best. Clutch, genuines good for decent power, if you're...
  34. dazzawest

I've had a few wobbles recently, my mate came screaming past me in his version 5 sti Scooby the other day which got me thinking. It only took me going out for a drive, no destination, not commuting just a drive and taking it round to the redline to remind me why I own it and love it. I'm on...
  35. dazzawest

S2KIP's S2000

Ah right, kind of to be expected I suppose. Have you heard good things about Dixcel then?
  36. dazzawest

S2KIP's S2000

Atleast you put your differences aside and gave him a nice wave as you passed him :) what at sort of niggles do you think you need to sort?
  37. dazzawest

Clutch Fluid Change Fail

It's just a minor mistake mate, you're not the first and won't be the last. I would imagine they'll be able to retrieve the pedal without replacing parts, worst case a master cylinder maybe needed. I've heard of the seals inside turning back on themselves when run dry, I think it's rare though.
  38. dazzawest

Clutch Fluid Change Fail

Maybe try manual bleed it. Two people, one in the car one on the nipple, with the peddle up open the nipple, push the peddle to the floor then close the nipple, peddle up and repeat. try pumping the peddle a few times aswell, some clutch peddles can take a few pumps to come back to you.
  39. dazzawest

Exhaust guide

http://solid-fabrications.co.uk , I think tegiwa may do a m2 version which is a spoon replica as well. Cant see it on tegiwa, but this is what Im talking about http://www.m2motorsport.co.uk/acatalog/M2-MHD-CV01TR-HONDA-CIVIC-CENTRE-SECTION-EP3-81.html#SID=28
  40. dazzawest

Exhaust guide

I would have thought solid fabrications would do a version, there's also the option of having one custom made.
  41. dazzawest

Not a red H, but my Moonrock S2000 - AIR RIDE PAGE 19

That looks awesome :cool:
  42. dazzawest

hid kits

Try these guys as well http://www.aurorabulbs.com/ , I plan on getting some cree or LED bulbs from them. They're sponsors on CTRO
  43. dazzawest

Smooth number plate recess ep3

Sounds a fair price to me, assuming that's including his paint etc
  44. dazzawest

MER Auto Shine - Actually used it this time

The new SRP formula isn't anywhere near as powdery as the old stuff, still a bit but a massive improvement. I say new but it's been around for a while now
  45. dazzawest

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

There awesome,like Loxy said the cars a real credit to you and the time and effort you've put in.
  46. dazzawest

EP3 NHB Type-R

Demon tweets was going to be my next suggestion
  47. dazzawest

EP3 NHB Type-R

Tdi North in Warrington, grinspeed in leyand both will be able to help you out with a exhaust system.
  48. dazzawest

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

That's awesome Jimbo, I wasn't too sure how it was all going to come together but it looks brilliant mate.
  49. dazzawest

Dazza's NHB Civic Type R 259.5bhp

Thought I'd update this as I ticked over this milestone today. Got loads of plans ticking in my head for my car at the moment, just a case of having the time and funds to start putting them into action. A couple of the ideas require the being off the road for a week or so aswell and I can't do...
  50. dazzawest

EP3 NHB Type-R

At a guess £700-£800 maybe depends on condition really.
  51. dazzawest

hondata help?

I think you can change the map with the Kpro, personally I'd prefer to leave my mapping to the pros. May come in handy as you're in Ireland though. I'm sure someone with more info will be along shortly to correct or confirm. Failing that Paul or Neil at Tdi will shed more light on the subject.
  52. dazzawest

hondata help?

If you planned to stick with basic mods for now, exhaust and induction kit (no cams, bigger inlet or decat) then CPL Racing do a mail order K100 with a base map. You take your Ecu off, send it to them, they fit the K100 and send it back to you. I think it around £400 ish.
  53. dazzawest

Sad times Pete, needs must when it comes to moving into a house though. Hope you manage to sell it complete, be a shame to break it, that said you need to do whatever will bring the most money. Best of luck with the sale of the car and the house move.
  54. dazzawest

EP3 clicking noise rear of my 54 ep3

Safest thing to do is pop it down to your preferred garage and have them check it out. There's not a lot at the rear of the car likely to cause that sort of noise, maybe brakes worn low and the indicator part is starting to hit the disc or a wheel bearing.
  55. dazzawest

eBay fog lights ep3

Any chance you have a link to the kits please mate, mine are a bit minging.
  56. dazzawest

EP3 NHB Type-R

Good skills, looks much better.
  57. dazzawest

PREVIOUS OWNER SEARCH - MILANO EP3 CTR PREMIER

Try the facebook page as well, that may turn something up for you
  58. dazzawest

FN2 250bhp cost

The tdi North shop will give you a decent idea of costs involved. To get to the 250 mark you'll probably want tdi's drop in cams, they're around £950 ish from memory. They'll be in the shop somewhere.
  59. dazzawest

water less coolant

I think it's more of a race at thing, it was reviewed in Banzai a little while ago but I can't remember the pros of it to be honest. I'm with Loxy, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Asking as the coolants replaced every 10 years per service schedule you'll be fine.
  60. dazzawest

FN2 TypeRkits mugen spoiler fitting

Probably best talking to the supplier first mate, might be a fault with it.
  61. dazzawest

What a drama, lucky nothing else needed changing by the sounds of it. Any my plans on the horizon mate?
  62. dazzawest

Glad to hear it's sorted Pete, did Stevie suggest any reasons for it to have failed so quickly?
  63. dazzawest

FN2 Mugen 20 for sale

That is nice, don't think I could justify 28k on one though, only need another couple of grand and you could buy a new type r.
  64. dazzawest

S2KIP's S2000

It's all in the details, cars coming along nicely, looking really tidy.
  65. dazzawest

Really? That's not good. I started to think my clutch was on its way 4 weeks or so ago, I dismissed it as thought it was to early, you've got me thinking now.
  66. dazzawest

Fabricated exhaust

Oh really fair enough, didn't read the bit about it being for a Fn2 either.
  67. dazzawest

Fabricated exhaust

You wouldn't in theory even need the b pipe added, you can supersprint and a couple of other brands off the shelf
  68. dazzawest

Fabricated exhaust

Powerflow are franchises so it changes from dealer to dealer. You're best bet is ask around locally, car clubs etc and find specific reviews on your local one or go down there and ask to see some of their work. Im sure it's all guaranteed for 12 months at least though. There are are quiter...
  69. dazzawest

Help!! Ep3 de badged grill

Right one, as in correct fitment?
  70. dazzawest

Help!! Ep3 de badged grill

I saw a car listed as having a FK Automotive de badged grille. http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/Sport-Grill/?filterKategoriePfadROOT=Sport+Grill&filterVehicle+Manufacturer=Honda&verbose=true&catalog=true&searchparam=%2A
  71. dazzawest

Clutch Fuild for bleeding the clutch.

A 500ml bottle should be more than enough
  72. dazzawest

Clutch Fuild for bleeding the clutch.

Dot 4 fluid will be fine, 500ml should be plenty and you should have some left over. Your mechanic will probably have some on his shelf anyway.
  73. dazzawest

Molesyy - 2003 NHB Civic Type R

That's really nice mate. looks good on the red wheels, some really nice choice modifications there aswell.
  74. dazzawest

Genuine Honda Access JDM wind deflectors

There's some JDM wind deflectors in the for sale section of this forum
  75. dazzawest

Dastek unichip Q

They're underrated chips the dasteks, they're very capable tuning units, granted not to the level of hondata but still very capable. I had one but the guy that I was going to get to tune it wanted stupid money for the tune, so wasn't worth it and I went down the hondata root.
  76. dazzawest

FD2 Cheap FD2

If it looks to good to be true, it probably is ;) How much is this under what it usually would be?
  77. dazzawest

Air con not cold

I'm just going by personal experience. I've seen a couple of others experience the same issue aswell. Chances are a ep3 will of had uv dye put in it at some point over the past 10+ years. Air noise inside the car would maybe suggest evaporator but unlikely, depends if it's still making a noise...
  78. dazzawest

Air con not cold

There's an A/C pipe that runs along the underneath the lower front of the engine, where it's clamped, it leaks there. Stick your head under the front bumper and see if you can see any drips of green /luminous coloured oil.
  79. dazzawest

ebay style knock off short shift

These are the best value for money in my opinion when it comes to short shift kits. More money than the kit in the op but one of the most worthwhile modifications.
  80. dazzawest

EP3 wheel Spacers

Yea only the rears
  81. dazzawest

EP3 wheel Spacers

Like Nosman says rear arches will need rolling. The wheels sit so much better with 15mm spacers all round.
  82. dazzawest

Im after a new (prefrably stainless steel) back box similar to the OEM one ....

You'd be better off getting a silenced b pipe over replacing the back box in my opinion. That way you get to keep your spoon n1. If you're not bothered then a oem box will definitely make it quieter, you'd be better of looking for a good condition second hand one over buying a new one though
  83. dazzawest

The civic will and does work as a family car. The only thing that would potentially require attention would be a noisy exhaust, obviously depending how noisy your current one is and possibly suspension. Granted it's not perfect but it does the job. Size isn't a issue, I got my family, 2 adults...
  84. dazzawest

Any good detailers in Hampshire / Southampton?

Detailing world forum will probably be the quickest and best way to locate a detailer in your area. You will probably find they'll be plenty of feedback and specific recommendations as well.
  85. dazzawest

Knite Force NL 2004 Honda Civic Type R EP3

Looking pretty mate, good work
  86. dazzawest

EP3 Good price for modifications?

I would imagine driven sensibly it would fine but the best thing to do is talk to the guy tuning the car and gets their recommendation
  87. dazzawest

EP3 Good price for modifications?

I'd definitely consider going for tdi drop in cams over fd2, whilst I know squat about the fd2 cams I know the tdi cams are rated as probably the best drop in cams on the market. I love mine and can't recommend them highly enough.
  88. dazzawest

Braided hose advise..

I think I may have goodridge ones actually, going to have to check now. nope I have HEL ones
  89. dazzawest

Braided hose advise..

Fair enough, personally had no issues but I'm sure toms seen more than his fair share
  90. dazzawest

Braided hose advise..

whys that mate?
  91. dazzawest

Braided hose advise..

These are the braided hoses I have, they've been sweet as no issues and had them for over a year now.
  92. dazzawest

Driving like a d1ck

I think the most of this forum will have this issue. Most of the time I'm in cruise mode driving my car to and from work, then occasionally an overtake is required, so gears are dropped and revs are raised and I remember why I love my car so much. I then generally proceed to drive like a...
  93. dazzawest

EP3 Door cards Ratling

The rod that goes from the exterior door handle to latch rattles on mine and both rear trims rattle on mine, need to get round to sorting it, the noise is really starting to annoy me.
  94. dazzawest

Does size matter?

If you're changing the anti roll bar anyway, you may as well get a thicker one. To me, it's one of those modifications that on its own you probably wouldn't notice a great deal of difference but combined with other modifications like FRSU and lowering springs you start to feel the benefits more.
  95. dazzawest

Evo wheels, advice and pics please!

You must know the answer to that, Lower it then ;)
  96. dazzawest

There's a picture of a cosmic with gold Evo wheels on the TRO Facebook page.
  97. dazzawest

I'd imagine they'd improve the handling, they won't slow it down and search for Ujay's build thread, he's got a satin silver on Evo rims. pretty sure you need spigot rings to fit them, nothing else I don't think.
  98. dazzawest

MER Auto Shine - Actually used it this time

Mer used to be raved about, but I'm not to sure how good it is anymore. Now you've bought it you may as well give it a try. Wax wise I tend to stick to Autoglym High def, reasonably expensive (depending what you compare it to though) Did the Mer stuff seem well priced?
  99. dazzawest

Carbon Mugen spoiler spotted at mimms

you can get them from funky power
Back