• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ctr-

New 2017 Honda Civic takes a bow: specs, official pics and full details

So ugly. Last good looking type r was the FD2 in my opinion
  2. ctr-

EP3 crash...

What loxy said.. Buy it back off insurance then strip and sell, don't know how it all works. But when my former boss done that with his old DB9 he made quite a bit of money out of it at the end. All depends on if you have the space etc I guess. I'd be interested in buying the engine, gearbox and...
  3. ctr-

gear pop feeling from 1st to 2nd

I would guess it's a problem within the gearbox. I had a problem with 1st/2nd gear popping out when moving off. I had a feeling it was my gearbox. I swapped out my gearbox for a box from a DC5 because I wanted an upgrade anyway and I opened up the old one to find the synchros were on their way out
  4. ctr-

Air filter change

What's the difference between the pump kit and the aerosol kit?
  5. ctr-

My nippy ep3

More engine bay shots please :D
  6. ctr-

2nd gear issue

I would say synchro. Had the same issue on mine, I replaced the entire gearbox along with a new clutch
  7. ctr-

really slight hesitation when accelerating but idle is fine and v tec works

Had this similar problem with my EP3. Adjusting the throttle cable worked for me
  8. ctr-

Anyone used these wheel bearings on their EP3

My car has been making a really loud droney sound when driving 40+ mph. I'm guessing the wheel bearings are finished, I think it is coming from the front. I've had all new tyres put on (Yokohama Parada Spec 2) to cancel out the fact that it could be the tyres. But the drone sound is still there...
  9. ctr-

What do I need to fit this DC5 recaro in my EP3

Specifically, which runners/rails do I need to fit on my pre-facelift EP3 for the driver seat? I think I need the facelift premier edition ep3 seat rails, but not sure if it is sided. Do I need the drivers side one or would any side be ok? Please correct me if I'm wrong Thanks for reading
  10. ctr-

Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40

I'd recommend it.
  11. ctr-

Should I do the timing chain on my EP3?

Yep, bang on. Even though I've done many timing belt jobs, this would be my first timing chain job. Looking forward to it :D
  12. ctr-

Car starts, Car doesn't start.

Get the alternator checked, pulley or something could be gone causing the alternator to not charge the battery. Check the starter motor too.
  13. ctr-

Yep OEM it is. Found this on the Tegiwa site http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/ep/engine-parts-oe/genuine-honda-cam-chain-and-tensioner-k-series-k20a-k20z.html Would that be right for my EP3?
  14. ctr-

Just had a look on the CPL site. Almost £400 for both. I think for myself that is too much of a stretch at the moment. As I would like to do the guides too and I'm going to be forking out for service parts as well (new tyres, discs and pads all round, oil, gearbox oil, plugs etc). Yep that's...
  15. ctr-

Yeah I was being told that it's a part for life which is why I was wondering if I should do it or not. But I will be doing this within the next few weeks. Where can I get the Toda chain and tensioner? Do they do the guides as well? Thanks for the replies
  16. ctr-

As the title says... The car is reaching 113k miles. Even though the car gets driven quite hard it is very well taken care of and the car is driving fine at the moment.
  17. ctr-

Car entry issues.

The cars battery could be flat. Charge up the battery and it should fix it Has the fob been knocked about or dropped?
  18. ctr-

coolant question?

Not sure how much. But I fill the rad all the way up and put some in the expansion tank. I put the heating all the way up and start the car. The air comes out slowly and the coolant level goes down and I just fill up more. I keep repeating until all the air comes out and I keep an eye on the...
  19. ctr-

coolant question?

Personally I would stick to the type 2 coolant
  20. ctr-

Idling issue

The car is sorted now. Had to put a new purge control solenoid in. Couldn't get the idle control valve off, so I just blasted carburettor cleaner through the little hole and the blew air through the thing, it seemed to do the trick. Still ever so slightly fluctuating, but that's to be expected...
  21. ctr-

Idling issue

Nope as in it was stuck to the inlet manifold. Anyway after a lot of smacking it finally came off. However I'm going to need a new purge control solenoid. I didn't want to take the pipe off at first because I felt as if it would snap the plastic bit. So I tried undoing the screws, they were too...
  22. ctr-

Idling issue

This throttle body is super glued on!
  23. ctr-

Idling issue

Thanks for the reply, I will get onto that tomorrow. I was just a bit confused as to why the valve would get gunked up, because I have been driving the car regularly (rough and smooth). Its not like the car has been sitting for a long time.
  24. ctr-

Low biting clutch problem

Faulty clutch master/slave cylinder maybe?
  25. ctr-

Idling issue

Firstly the usual process of starting my EP3 first thing in the morning goes like this; the car revs at about 2k and then gradually comes down to under 1k as the engine warms up and then I drive off... However recently, on cold start, the car would rev at 1500 rpm initially and then about 5...
  26. ctr-

Cannot decide on exhaust for civic ep3, need help!!!!

I'm looking to contact Solid Fabrications to get a full custom exhaust system made. Do you have a full system too (manifold, centre section, backbox etc) and is yours decat? Would you recommend 2.5 inch or 3 inch? What is the clearance like and how much did you spend? Any pictures?
  27. ctr-

What primer to use?

Thanks for the replies. The wheels haven't turned out great, that is due to my impatience. After it took me two days to sand down one wheel to perfection, I just could not be asked with the rest of them. My car has been stuck up on a ramp at work for a week and I just want it back now. I had...
  28. ctr-

What primer to use?

I've been refurbishing the wheels on my EP3 and I've had them primered in white/cream primer today, so that they can be sprayed silver tomorrow. But now I'm thinking of having them sprayed grey. Will I need to have them primered again in a different primer colour or can I just go ahead with...
  29. ctr-

Had a crash in my ep3 :(

If you like the car and plan on keeping for a long time. Get it repaired.
  30. ctr-

Get the wish bone, drop link, track rod end and shock checked. Something people miss is the brake disc backing plate thing so don't forget that. If all that is ok the tracking should sort out the pulling to the side problem
  31. ctr-

Once the car is fully repaired get the tracking done. The clutch wouldn't be affected by the crash
  32. ctr-

Are you in London? Why not try and find any colour bumper and get it sprayed?
  33. ctr-

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=278846
  34. ctr-

Someone is breaking a silver EP3 on the ctro forum. Have a look on there
  35. ctr-

Cheapest place to get OEM discs?

Are the OEM discs drilled/grooved? I need to replace the discs and pads on my EP3 and I have drilled and grooved discs on my car at the moment. Not sure if they're OEM or not.
  36. ctr-

Servicing my EP3.. Whats needed (help)

NGK Iridium plugs, 5w30 or 5w40 fully synthetic oil, genuine Honda oil filter, air filter. That's about it for a quick service. 4.7 litre sump capacity
  37. ctr-

Premier cosmic EP3 Turbo, running

This is a lovely car. I should have gone for the cosmic grey rather than the NHB. All the mods are good too. I'm still in the early stages of upgrading bits on my car. Will look on here as an example. How would you rate the goodridge brake lines? Would you recommend them over other makes?
  38. ctr-

I completely forgot about the fuel cut off switch thing that Loxy mentioned. It is found behind the glove box. Open it and then push the sides in to unclip it and drop the glove box down. The switch should be hidden on the right.
  39. ctr-

Doesn't look major. Looks like you just need a new bumper, wing and headlight. The bumper bracket could be broken. You may also need new suspension parts on that side (considering you hit a lamp-post and ended up in a ditch). If you do get it all repaired you may need to get the wheels...
  40. ctr-

K Series Transmission table.

I was told a DC5 gearbox would fit in an EP3. Is this true?
  41. ctr-

Checking the oil level?

For future reference the sump capacity on the EP3 is 4.7 litres. If the oil is on the minimum mark just add a litre. Always try to check on a level surface
  42. ctr-

Rev counter problem

Hopefully it gets sorted
  43. ctr-

Rev counter problem

First thing I'd suggest is to change the clocks. It may/may not solve the issue as the electrical fault could be much deeper
  44. ctr-

valve clearances HELP

Thank you very much
  45. ctr-

valve clearances HELP

What size gauge did you use for the inlet and exhaust?
  46. ctr-

Grinding/scraping noise when decelerating in gear??

When you press the clutch pedal down and you hear the sound, can you describe the sound as 'really quick tapping as if someone is tapping the button on a playstation controller really quickly'? If it does sound like that, it most likely is the release bearing. However your handbrake may need...
  47. ctr-

Secondary sensor wire cut - eml on

If it is possible, could you post a picture of the damage please?
  48. ctr-

Rev counter problem

If you have any mates who have the same car, you could swap out the clocks to see if there's a difference. If there is then you know to replace. Tried this on my old peugeot 206. I don't think it is a common thing. By sticky do you mean the needle is a bit slow?
  49. ctr-

Cold running issues

What's the mileage of the car at the moment? Has the engine management light come on? Could be the map sensor or tps Or you might have to change the fuel pump. A customer came to me with a VW polo that had the same problem. I changed the fuel pump in it. And the problem was sorted. Get a...
  50. ctr-

Can't stop caliper piston boot from turning when replacing pads

Are you using the right piston winding tool? Try taking the brake fluid reservoir cap off if you haven't already done so and then try to push it back in. Another thing you could try is to undo the other side (take the pads out) and push the stuck piston back in and then do the other side up...
  51. ctr-

EP3 not cranking after battery replacement

I would laugh but I've been in similar situations before :lol: Glad to hear it's sorted. I don't think it is a standard feature. Probably on just the JDM ones, not sure. I would love to own a championship white JDM EP3 one day. Yes they're really fun to drive
  52. ctr-

EP3 not cranking after battery replacement

Leave the key in the ignition, in the on position. Get a fully charged power pack on the battery and then try to start the car, might work. As Loxy said check all the fuses too. Are the battery terminals rusted/corroded, do they look clean or do they look dirty? Try loosen the cables and...
  53. ctr-

Jaf's Milano Red EP3

The wheels look super clean and mint. The first spec of brake dust you see clean it off lol. My alloys are in desperate need of a refurb. The yellow calipers look proper good. Goes well
  54. ctr-

idle issue and Secondary o2 fault code

What code has come up after you've put the new sensor in? Also try cleaning the idle control valve
  55. ctr-

In love with my new EP3

Messaged you mate
  56. ctr-

In love with my new EP3

Personally I think the oem EP3 wheels look the best on the car. I'm going to go for the silver. Once you've decided on a colour and found the wheels you want let me know what you went for. I just serviced the car. NGK Iridium plugs went in, replaced Bosch ones that were already in there. Oil...
  57. ctr-

Jaf's Milano Red EP3

Thanks for the help and for going to the trouble of uploading the pictures. Turns out I have the clamp. It is on the gearbox. So now all I need is the box, the two pipes and the screws. I've seen a few on eBay, so I will be ordering something soon. Do you know if the hondata air box mod is any good
  58. ctr-

In love with my new EP3

That's right. I don't want to spend so much on something I might end up disliking. But we'll see what happens I will keep updating. I have been looking at a few of the threads where people have been getting good results by staying na. Yeah I will have a read through your turbo project thread...
  59. ctr-

In love with my new EP3

If you're ever in London give me a shout, would be great meeting up with you and admiring your finished project
  60. ctr-

In love with my new EP3

Done some digging around. As much as I'd like to go for a turbo, I'm being drawn to the idea of having a supercharger. The main reason is because I plan to do the work myself with the help of some others. From now until the end of summer is the only time I have to save money and do the project...
  61. ctr-

Jaf's Milano Red EP3

I have to agree with you on the hiss sound as well. I have been looking on eBay, found all the parts (complete air box, pipe to manifold, scoop to bumper and the bracket). Some don't come with the bolt/s that hold the bracket to the gear box and to the air box. So i'm not sure how many...
  62. ctr-

Ep3 engine whine & vibration?

If you have an induction kit, especially something useless like the K&n ones then the whine sound around 2000-3000 rpm could be from that. My mate complained about the same thing on his ep3, I put the oem airbox in and the problem was sorted. I will be doing the same on my civic. As for the...
  63. ctr-

Where to get your wheels refurbished

I would recommend London Motor Works in East London. 283 Clare St, London E2. Check out the Facebook page, pictures of refurbished/resprayed alloys should be up there
  64. ctr-

Knocking from rear brake area

If it was your wheel bearing then you'd most likely hear a low droney sound, that's what I'm getting from my EP3 now, will replace the bearings soon. If the sound is coming from the back then check the opposite side on the front. Check for play in the front wishbones and drop links. Check the...
  65. ctr-

My NHB Prem EP3

Good choice. The car looks great being kept standard in and out.
  66. ctr-

Jaf's Milano Red EP3

Car looks clean mate love it. I bought an EP3 recently too. Everything was standard apart from the K&n typhoon induction kit. Absolutely dislike it. Sounds good when VTEC kicks in. But sitting in traffic the noise is not nice. And I definitely feel a loss in power, because I've driven my mates...
  67. ctr-

In love with my new EP3

I still can't get any pictures up because they're too big in size :/ will have to take more another time and try again
  68. ctr-

In love with my new EP3

Thanks for the advice. 320 - 350 on stock sounds terrific, what bits would you suggest I change/add to reach roughly those figures. Also what brands to go for? My boss mocks me for loving VTEC and Honda and Jap cars, I would like to humiliate him lol. I take care of every car I own, just...
  69. ctr-

Pre-Facelift EP3 Hamilton & Palmer Alarm Removal Guide?

This will certainly come in use. Whenever you're ready write it up please :)
  70. ctr-

In love with my new EP3

You are right, it is much better to go for a well known one. The reason why I thought let me take the turbo off the rover and spend more on supporting mods is because of my budget at the moment. I spoke a few people and they said the same thing as you. I will spend the next month or so saving up...
  71. ctr-

In love with my new EP3

After months of looking around for an EP3 Type-R, I came across one on AutoTrader and once I had some money saved up on the side, I decided it was time to buy my favourite car. I went to view the car in Hayes and took it for a test drive. The seller directed me to road with a 60 mph limit and...
  72. ctr-

Key fob/central locking/immobiliser issue. Please help

The cars battery was faulty. I just randomly decided to try a different battery on the car. Had one in stock in the garage I work in. Put a new one in and everything in the car came on. So relieved now
  73. ctr-

Forgot to add something. A few hours earlier when I got home and turned the car off a continuous beep sound came on. The sound stopped when I closed the door. Today was the first time I heard this sound. What does it mean?
  74. ctr-

I hope this is the right section to post this in. The problem started about an hour ago. I went to unlock the car with the key-fob and it wasn't working (worked fine earlier in the day). So I unlocked the door with the key. Once in, I put the key into the ignition and turned it to the on...
Back