• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. NickCTR

TypeRiter's Stolen Prem.. Updated...

Not really, unless they dumped the car due to mis-shift.
  2. NickCTR

Warranty claim on a 02 plate ep3!!

It's a warranty claim not a product recall so could be anything.
  3. NickCTR

TypeRiter's Stolen Prem.. Updated...

Amateurs. Ebay/Autotrader etc is the key for cloning a car, not stealing physical numberplates. Good to hear you got it back though. Sticker on the boot time "As seen on Police Camera Action"
  4. NickCTR

Insurance :oops:

Have you tried confused and meerkat?
  5. NickCTR

Have you tried them?
  6. NickCTR

Balls.
  7. NickCTR

Swiftcover just quoted me £277 :) www.swiftcover.com
  8. NickCTR

I'm 32 with 7 years NCD and my renewal quote is £480 :mad: Gone up the last 2 years.
  9. NickCTR

Service Due!!

As per text, avoid MacRae and Dick Inverness. I've heard lots of stories of incompetence and have had my own personal experience with them. Scratched the n/s wing bad, then said it was already there, even marked the job card after :mad: Also, didn't adjust the tappets or change the gearbox...
  10. NickCTR

Rear LED bulbs

I think you'll be the first, let us know how you get on.
  11. NickCTR

Rear LED bulbs

The ones I tried didn't fill up the cluster with light like the OEM bulbs do.
  12. NickCTR

Rear LED bulbs

Preface = 382 / P21W Facelift = W2 / 921 / 912 / T15 Let us know how you get on, they are still on my to-do list for the right price.
  13. NickCTR

Rear LED bulbs

Tried them once, not near as bright as the standard bulbs. PIAA do a good pair (non-LED), very bright, expensive though.
  14. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

nae bother, i knew you'd cope
  15. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

I'll show you, it perplexed me for a few minutes but it comes away quite easy when you see how. If i remember correctly one of the rings has a cut in it so it simply moves apart at this cut. Mind not to touch the bulbs as they will burn out quicker with fingerprints etc on them.
  16. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

Drilling a hole? No need. I secured my ballasts under the plastic trim that's on top of the wings, with some velcro and tie-wraps. You don't need the bulb holders but they make life alot easier mate, otherwise you need to faff about alot, and for the price you may aswell...
  17. NickCTR

New Headunit

The lead is massive. You will need a DIN>ISO adapter for the radio, £1.60 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIN-TO-ISO-AERIAL-ADAPTOR-WITH-FREE-REMOVAL-TOOL-NEW_W0QQitemZ200427385977QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item2eaa673479 Here is the ISO harness for £2.49...
  18. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

Solder mate, piece of p*ss.
  19. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

the h1 connections are plug and play but also **** poor
  20. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

All HID kits are for show use as we don't have HID headlamps as standard. As long as you don't get silly blue ones you'll be OK, 5k and 6k ones won't attract the cops and will pass an MOT. I have 5k as they produce more white light than the 6k.
  21. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

Both my kits never mentioned canbus and both worked 100%
  22. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

No that's for expensive marques such as Audi etc that have complicated systems.
  23. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

Because the HID pins that connect to the OEM wiring are narrower than the OEM pins and can fall out easily. You take the 40amp fuse apart to just use the 2 blade connections and solder them to the HID kit, replacing the 2 narrow blade connectors. It will make sense when you try and install the...
  24. NickCTR

Hid kit?????

you will need two 40amp blade fuses, heatshrink and a soldering iron to provide a more secure connection. Work will no doubt supply these parts :lol:
  25. NickCTR

4th Gen Preludes

5th gen makes a good GT cruiser, where as the 4th is like the EP3, great for everything.
  26. NickCTR

4th Gen Preludes

Yes, AKA Pentas.
  27. NickCTR

K-pro mapping/dealers nearby Glasgow?

Doug have you tried the map yet?
  28. NickCTR

4th Gen Preludes

5th gens are from late 96-01. The yellow ones do look good with Motegi trim, though the 4th gens are more fun to drive, lighter and smaller.
  29. NickCTR

4th Gen Preludes

A non-VTEC 2.0, VTEC 2.2 and non-VTEC 2.3
  30. NickCTR

Cant post for sale thread

Need 50 posts to stop people joining just to offload wares, and provides a bit of security for potential buyers.
  31. NickCTR

4th Gen Preludes

4 wheel steer FTW. The Jap imports get LSD.
  32. NickCTR

Nothing wrong with trying Henry Roy before venturing south, makes sense IMO as he is much closer. If not happy with the results then off to TDI.
  33. NickCTR

Henry Roy in ayrshire - 07533017716 Only maps them but he has a great rep. I am off to see him in the next couple of months.
  34. NickCTR

OMNI LCA's

http://omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=127&strPageHistory=search&strKeywords=sway&numPageStartPosition=1&strSearchCriteria=any&PT_ID=all http://www.xopowertuning.co.uk/ourcar.php
  35. NickCTR

Fast Road Set-Up

Both mate. I had a drive of a mate's car with BuddyClub N+ coilovers and FRSU and it was amazing in the corners. I couldn't get a finger between the tyre and the wing but the ride was as comfortable as stock. Pricey at around £900 but you get what you pay for.
  36. NickCTR

Fast Road Set-Up

For sure. Lots of good feedback from Type R Scotland forum. 8 Canal Bank Bonnybridge, FK4 2BP 01324 810 111
  37. NickCTR

Fast Road Set-Up

Progrip in Bonnybridge Al. Bit of a drive but think of the drive back :) Alternatively, if you can get the settings for camber, toe etc, GT Tyres in Forres do 4 wheel laser alignment with computer printout etc.
  38. NickCTR

first CTR

Check out your local classifieds.
  39. NickCTR

first CTR

www.ebay.co.uk Bought and sold both mine on there.
  40. NickCTR

Stereo question....Another problem!

Yeah mine is in the glove box too, doesn't bother me though. You could have the cable coming out into the ashtray, or maybe down in the compartment between the seats.
  41. NickCTR

FN2 Replacement front brake pads

As long as you have good quality discs then you shouldn't have a problem, and the D2500s aren't too hard, Ferodo do a harder compound which obviously would eat your discs quicker.
  42. NickCTR

FN2 Replacement front brake pads

I always use Ferodos, much better than stock.
  43. NickCTR

Weird noise when driving off.

Mine does this also, though Chewbacca sounds closer than Airwolf :lol:
  44. NickCTR

Manifold & sports cat

Get the Spoon 4-2-2-1 system, only the second half of the manifold needs to be changed, easy job. There's a 2-1 part for sale on here.
  45. NickCTR

Tighten EP3 Handbrake

I need to do this, cheers Samuel.
  46. NickCTR

leads and spark plugs, which ones?

NGK Iridium IFR7G-11KS
  47. NickCTR

Which LSD

http://www.osgiken.co.jp/pdf/os_superlocklsd-e.pdf :D First EP3 I know of that will have this, I hope that's because EP3 isn't in the options list :lol:
  48. NickCTR

Which LSD

Who?
  49. NickCTR

Which LSD

Never heard of that before.
  50. NickCTR

Aftermarket HU to Aftermarket HU

My 5th gen Prelude was the same.
  51. NickCTR

Aftermarket HU to Aftermarket HU

The head unit is bolted to a cage to deter thieves.
  52. NickCTR

How would you spend £1k on your type r

Yeah that's a good performing exhaust system, the Spoon b-pipe will release a few horses, and the RSR is a great sounding 'box and less restrictive than the OEM 'box.
  53. NickCTR

How would you spend £1k on your type r

£1000 is merely a stepping stone, but as there is no point in mapping the car until you have all the mods required for maximum benefit, I would buy a Gruppe M for 400, decent catback for 400/500, save for a decent mani for 250-400, then another save for 700 to buy a K-pro. All used prices.
  54. NickCTR

Improving MPG

Good quality oil, tyres and an empty boot will help. And no passengers.
  55. NickCTR

ep3 exhaust

Yes the cat is a different section. Engine>manifold>cat>b-pipe>backbox
  56. NickCTR

ep3 exhaust

If you want raspy then just change the b-pipe for an unsilenced pipe.
  57. NickCTR

what exhaust for ep3

I paid £750 for my RM01A Liam, a few months back.
  58. NickCTR

Jdm ep3

Forres. A96, 30 miles your side of Inverness.
  59. NickCTR

Jdm ep3

Same exhaust as me :D Where abouts in Scotland are you mate? I know someone with the same car who no doubt hopes you live far away :lol:
  60. NickCTR

Jdm ep3

Where are the side indicators?
  61. NickCTR

confused

Just don't get cheap ones e.g Magnex Scorpion etc as it will just sound different and offer no power increase.
  62. NickCTR

Aftermarket head unit

63. NickCTR

Brilliant Double din Headunit

I'd be expecting that unit to have everything for the price, including bluetooth, DAB radio and bluray compatible.
  64. NickCTR

No idea but I have read reports of problems when using with an I-phone.
  65. NickCTR

You're not meant to operate the I-phone when it's connected to the head unit.
  66. NickCTR

You need one of these mate, Halfords etc sell them http://www.motor-world.co.uk/index.cfm?product=7
  67. NickCTR

Ep 3 Ctr from Croatia

Add me to MSN :)
  68. NickCTR

Ep 3 Ctr from Croatia

Yes, and the clutch relsease bearing.
  69. NickCTR

Ep 3 Ctr from Croatia

I do not hear the noise friend, my changes so far are powerflex gearbox mount insert, Exedy stage 1 clutch, Exedy lightened flywheel and Quaife ATB. I swear the noise had gone after inserting the gearbox mount insert, makes sense if something was slightly loose. Worth a try for the cost.
  70. NickCTR

Ep 3 Ctr from Croatia

Welcome :)
  71. NickCTR

HID's i'm thinking of getting

Yes, even though the advert incorrectly states 01-05.
  72. NickCTR

H4 bulb (which yours uses) is a hi and lo bulb :) Don't forget the sidelights as the standard yellow halogen ones will look out of place.
  73. NickCTR

Good company, wi;ll be a good quality kit. Very easy to install, everything can only connect one way, just unplug your bulbs, feed the bulb wire to the HID ballasts, feed the ballasts to the HID bulbs :)
  74. NickCTR

Newan's 52 NHB. Type R number 1

What, no Toyos? :confused:
  75. NickCTR

xdcx SS EP3

I love that drop :)
  76. NickCTR

My Evo IX FQ340

Is it still 4WD, AYC etc?
  77. NickCTR

My Evo IX FQ340

Cheapest quote I got (with an excess of £500 or under) using Confused was £800 for an 2004 260.
  78. NickCTR

FN2 JDM FN2 Euro badge...

That almost looks like "PORK" :lol: :lol:
  79. NickCTR

xdcx SS EP3

80. NickCTR

xdcx SS EP3

Great for overtaking eh.
  81. NickCTR

xdcx SS EP3

I'm sure the RSX cold air map is VTEC @ 5K, the graph seems to show this also.
  82. NickCTR

After market wheel choices for EP3's

Try before you buy here, Nigel http://www.rarerims.co.uk/virtual/
  83. NickCTR

Key fob not recognised

http://www.1stchoice.co.uk
  84. NickCTR

TEIN Spring Kit

Wasn't meaning to sound sarcastic there, Spoon do an all round 20mm drop so I don't know why Tein have gone 25 at the front, they must think the car handles best at those heights. I would save to get coilovers, lowering the car on standard shocks is going to be uncomfortable over bumpy roads...
  85. NickCTR

TEIN Spring Kit

Maybe for better handling, just a guess though.
  86. NickCTR

TEIN Spring Kit

87. NickCTR

xdcx SS EP3

He has coilovers not just springs.
  88. NickCTR

Just a quickie

Seriously dude, you will feel the difference with the T1Rs over the Spec 2 gash. I changed over a couple of months ago, never buying Paradas again.
  89. NickCTR

Key fob not recognised

No worries dude. I googled that info, probably something somewhere re: the locking mechanism too.
  90. NickCTR

Just a quickie

Toyos are about the same, buy them, much better grip all year round.
  91. NickCTR

Just a quickie

It's Winter now though :confused:
  92. NickCTR

Just a quickie

Another tyre, they are dangerously sh*t.
  93. NickCTR

Facelift vs Prefacelift

Sell it, it's no use with a preface bumper anyway.
  94. NickCTR

Key fob not recognised

Found this on US Honda sites, worth a try: turn key to on position press the lock button on the remote turn the key off turn the key on press the lock button on the remote turn the key off turn the key on and press the lock button on the remote turn the key off turn the key on press the lock...
  95. NickCTR

Facelift vs Prefacelift

You'd get a few qiud back from selling your current front end, i've seen them fetch a good price on ebay, maybe £200 for both parts. Support bars would be cheap too (if needed). Bumpers come painted from Honda too so only the lip would need painting.
  96. NickCTR

Facelift vs Prefacelift

Well you have the better headlights, so why not surround them with the best front end? I've always preferred the preface front. But yeah for £1000 is it worth it. Wait until you hit a deer or something :) (I have visions of you bombing it down country roads in the middle of night)
  97. NickCTR

How do you fit energy engine mounts???

ALOT at first but it softens a bit and then you get used to the extra vibes when moving off. Nothing to worry about :)
Back