• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. aka-red

Engine conversions?

now thats just greedy!!
  2. aka-red

Engine conversions?

you are probably correct. was just wondering if such a task had been done before? a b16ab into a starlet would be a good marriage i think ha ha.
  3. aka-red

Engine conversions?

Can a b16 ek9/ek4 engine be put into a toyota starlet, or am i not allowed to use the 't' word ha ha. Or another way, put a starlet glanza v engine into a ek4? can this be done. or am i just dreaming. Was thinking it could be a possible project, would be different aswell?
  4. aka-red

Not a HONDA owner anymore :(

golly gosh, thats me told then aint it. Mods would be done over time, not straight away, i was needing a car to keep up with mates.
  5. aka-red

what mods' can be done to a 1.4i to boost the hp? can you get them to 120hp?
  6. aka-red

thanks for the idea's guys. I will keep looking. The benefit of a 1.4 over the 1.5 is the insurance group. At least if i get a Honda, it should live for a long time at least!
  7. aka-red

sorry for the 'yh'. Its been a while since i have been on here. yes, you do have a point, i have been looking at the figures of a few cars. But a seat arosa is faster than the 1.5. But i do like my honda's!!!
  8. aka-red

yh i been looking at them, could do with a 1.4 to keep costs down!. Proving hard to find any i like!
  9. aka-red

I have just sold my ep3. Need another honda though, I haven't swatted up on the older civics yet, but is there such a thing as a 1.4 vti? (ek4) Just need something cheaper to run as i have bought my first house :) What are the faults or big problems i need to look out for when buying one of these?
  10. aka-red

Placing the axle stands on rear?

can you not jack the car up using the beam that the suspension arms attach onto?
  11. aka-red

Placing the axle stands on rear?

how have you come on with your tie bar?
  12. aka-red

just seen your pictures on the good job you done at detailing your wifes car. just wondered if...

just seen your pictures on the good job you done at detailing your wifes car. just wondered if learning to detail is hard to do? what is needed? cheers.
  13. aka-red

Common Civic Faults

To pugwall. When you replaced your pads, did you put copper slip on the back of the pads where the piston touches? Also thinking about your knocking. Maybe a possible drive shaft worn and knocking?
  14. aka-red

Fitting the E Tech brace with AC????

sounds good! i fitted a j's strut brace, has got to be the easiest mod i have done to my car! 6 nuts to tighten up and it was on haha.
  15. aka-red

oh and a niice looking engine bay you have there! very clean and tidy!
  16. aka-red

hey you got your strut brace fitted? can you feel the differance!!! i could!
  17. aka-red

rear tie bar

last night i decided i would finally decide to fit my rear tie bar. i read on here somewhere about other people doing the process. but after looking at the bolts to take out, i thought they would not be long enough to have threads through the nut on the other side when the tie bar was on...
  18. aka-red

Type-r with K-pro BHP????

would you put kpro on your car to get better mpg? or wait till you maybe want to add stuff onto your car?
  19. aka-red

Oil questions and recommendations here

what does the ester mean on oils? i put this kind of oil in my trials bike haha
  20. aka-red

thanks will bear them in mind. dont know why but was after mobil oil? but i guess castrol will be fine?
  21. aka-red

burning oil??

funny thing about that though, i bet you could buy 4l off morrisons and still work out cheaper than 4l from halfords? will be looking to see about that.
  22. aka-red

burning oil??

i need enough for an oil change and buying at least 4l should work out cheaper even if i buy 8l of oil? because they do burn oil and it will come in handy down the line! but i will be looking at morrisons now lol.
  23. aka-red

Help! poorly ctr ep3

what was the problem in the end?
  24. aka-red

burning oil??

i went to a well know store today ( halfords) to buy oil, the castrol edge 0w - 30 was not there, but 5w - 30 was. but i did go to buy mobil oil. i was shocked at the price of the bloody stuff, so now thinking about buying bulk, maybe 25l? but thanks for suggestion, i will deffo think about...
  25. aka-red

burning oil??

honda put 10w - 40 in my car, i dont think this is correct for the high revving engine that it is, far to thick to pump oil to valves etc when revving. but everyone has their own opinion on these things, that is just mine and i will be switching to 0w - 30 fully synthetic.
  26. aka-red

6 month service

i had exactly the same thing sent to me, saying something about honda engines been finely tuned and would require a 6 month service. they went on about the stresses the oil has to go through these days with modern engines? i ignored them but may do the service myself, they are to expensive!
  27. aka-red

DIY oil/filter change.

i service our farm/plant equipment at work and would like to suggest that you should also rub the rubber seal on the new filter with oil before you screw it on. if you already know/do this then ignore my post lol.
  28. aka-red

EP3 How to Change Transmission Oil

thanks for 'post'.
  29. aka-red

gearbox oil

just to add to this, is changing the transmission oil a big task, i guessing lots of people have done this?
  30. aka-red

really, usefull to know. it shocks me that my honda garage put 10w - 40 in my engine, i am going to find some 0w - 30 oil and run it on that!
  31. aka-red

usefull info. on oils i found on the net. http://www.supramania.com/aehaas have a read through this article. it suggests that 0w - 30 oil is best for type r, it could even be run on 0w - 20 if it was just town driving you were doing? But read it and make your own mind up about it?
  32. aka-red

info needed on rear tie bars and rear lower strut brace.

thanks typergaz.. yeah i know about under the boot carpet, the rear strut brace is there, but i was after info on the rear lower strut brace, could the rear strut brace and rear lower strut brace be the same thing? because you can get the 'C' pillar brace? but thanks.
  33. aka-red

thanks dragon.. yeah i been reading up about the ARB for the rear, and also been hearing off people on forums thay are good mod. and i agree about softness, i put buddyclub coilovers on my car, and its nearly to rough to drive, i taken them off for now and am hoping for a decent summer. lol.
  34. aka-red

I have got a rear tie bar and whilst searching the internet i saw there was a rear lower strut bar, i dont know where this is fitted or what it does, so info on this would be great. i also fitted front strut brace and you can feel the difference!
  35. aka-red

Lost Confidence in cleaning Milano Red

what, like rain does?
  36. aka-red

Lost Confidence in cleaning Milano Red

i dont dry my car, i let it dry on its own then polish it when the time comes round to do that. it drys not to bad any other time. but my car has swirls in it, been told to get it detailed to get rid of them, and after reading the comments, sounds like the thing to do!
  37. aka-red

D2 Top Mount Query, HELP!

just guessing but them washers look like they slot over the top mount bolts, maybe to stop them moving in the hole?
  38. aka-red

Stone Chips

ep3 does have a laquer finish on the paintwork!
  39. aka-red

Your tyre reviews

be softer in the corners as my suspension is bloody hard!
  40. aka-red

Your tyre reviews

you dont get the rain we do lol! could be down to my camber been out. so cant say they do that for definate!
  41. aka-red

Your tyre reviews

205/40 will make for a rough ride and dont look as good. 215/40 look the best imo!
  42. aka-red

Your tyre reviews

i hav had worse than these in the wet, but because of the tread pattern, any deep water to go through, it pushes the car right! i haven't got my camber done yet so dont know for sure what they will handle like, but at the moment, they are unpredictable and worse than goodyears!!!
  43. aka-red

Help me please!! (stereo surround)

thinking about it, am sure i have seen at better picture of the same picture somewhere, and in it you can see the detail of the carbon fibre effect. i might decide to have a go at it sometime? will need skill, patience and a steady hand lol.
  44. aka-red

i have never tried with something like that, maybe make a template first out of paper and use that to cut the cf sheet out? i have seen it done when searching for car parts. http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/civic_ep3_quickshift.html look at display picture for the bottom gear shifter, that...
  45. aka-red

i was looking for a carbon fibre center console as the colour match is rubbish. didn't find one anywhere. next idea was to buy carbon fibre sheet, has anybody attempted this?
  46. aka-red

race engine mods pics added

when are you hoping to have this car done by? next summer ready for the 'sunny weather' we get? will be good to see this finished.
  47. aka-red

buddyclub N+ spec coil overs.

correct!
  48. aka-red

Your tyre reviews

Just fitted yoka parada's today. Much better comfort than goodyear eagle f1... but... they are 215 wide and 40 profile which makes the tyre slightly deeper, so that's what i put the better ride down to. Will see how they wear and if i will stick to them come renewal time. They will have their...
  49. aka-red

Aluminium

The car is just after some tlc, its been sat in garage for years, i hav polished it but was aware that it was hard to get clean. It aint my car but i would love it to be, but cant get insurance haha.
  50. aka-red

INSANE quote just received.

really? maybe my curcumstances made it cheaper, as i am a young driver in a high powered car = insurance hate me.
  51. aka-red

Aluminium

fantastic.... good find, thanks for that mate.
  52. aka-red

Aluminium

pitted aluminium.
  53. aka-red

Aluminium

cheers, i will get some pads, will hav a look on the net for that stuff you suggested, but will use metal polish first. the matel is really thin as it is so may not be possible to get rid of the pitted marks. do you hav any suggestions what is best to clean the dirt off first, i think a pressure...
  54. aka-red

Aluminium

i could use all of the above, will try on a hidden area. what i am polishing is a caterham superseven bonnet, so cant use alot of pressure which is why it's bad to clean. cheers guys.
  55. aka-red

JDM yO coin holder

them coins sitting in there will rattle just nicely untill the fall out lol.
  56. aka-red

Aluminium

i have that, it is good, but struggled last time to get it really clean. what is best way to clean it first, i think a sponge might scratch it?
  57. aka-red

Aluminium

what is the best way to clean dirt off, and what is the best polish to polish pitted ali?
  58. aka-red

Stone Chips

surely the paint shouldn't chip off like that? does it not hav a 3 year cover on paint?
  59. aka-red

FN2 Gutted.....Honda dealer has kept my car!

sorry to hear that mate, but does sound like they are taking the p**s. my car on second set of brake pads, and original disc's all round after 36k. back pads hardly touched tbh?
  60. aka-red

INSANE quote just received.

another way to get even cheaper car quotes is to get insurance through one of the money saving websites. you go onto their websites, if they are sponsored by the insurance company you want to use, their link will be there. order insurance through the money saving website, i got about £60 off...
  61. aka-red

Common Civic Faults

maybe all other cars do this but they have alot more sound proofing so you cant hear it?
  62. aka-red

Common Civic EP3 Faults

maybe all other cars do this but they have alot more sound proofing so you cant hear it?
  63. aka-red

i will have the car in my garage tomorrow and tighten them up i think, i only just nipped the spring before i put them on because i have no idea what tension they need to be under. i know it is rubbish on rough roads where they are set just at the moment! thanks for your help.
  64. aka-red

i had a suggestion that they was to tight, but if i get a fast road setup, done by unit 8, they will adjust all them will they? i just kind of banged them on out the box, need to get a proper setup done now.
  65. aka-red

yeah, i have coilovers, they are a complete new package. not had much to do with the dc2, are they the same as ep3? if so hav you had problems with the back ones clunking/banking?
  66. aka-red

Does anybody else have these springs fitted on their car?
  67. aka-red

what tyres to get next.

hope not, i will report back, probably next weekend when i get them on, might come in useful to someone wanting to know the same thing?
  68. aka-red

what tyres to get next.

sorry my mistake. sounds like mine will rub with them tyres on. but suppose i will have to put up with that, the eagles are a bit dear. but i do rate them. will try them and see how they compare i think? thanks for your opinion mate.
  69. aka-red

what tyres to get next.

i was tempted with that size, after seeing the pictures of your car, they look good. your car is lowered? do they rub the arches when turning?
  70. aka-red

what tyres to get next.

i need 4 new tyres very soon, next weekend. what make do you suggest. i was thinking about going for 215/40r17 from 205/40r17. or even 205/45r17 as i think the 205/40 profile is to small.
  71. aka-red

Parada Spec2's vs RE040's

lol, you said it. what you running on now?
  72. aka-red

Your tyre reviews

i bought my car with potenza's on. must be the worst tyre i have ever drove on. got rid of them and went onto eagle f1's, they are brilliant in the wet and also good in the dry, maybe not best at wear, get around 8k on front. they get hot and sticky tho. pay around £95 mark. will be replacing...
  73. aka-red

fitted new suspension.

Where abouts is TGM based? i am about 25 - 30mm, i lowering it to what i think looks best.
  74. aka-red

fitted new suspension.

am not talking about driving around like that for weeks, just till i can find the best place to get it set up. i should be getting it set up for fast road use???
  75. aka-red

fitted new suspension.

ok thanks, seems ok at a higher speed. just mainly want to know that i haven't fitted it wrong? can you tell me, i will need camber adjustment arms? and bolts for front. not got it alligned yet, just waiting till i get new tyres fitted and then do it.
  76. aka-red

fitted new suspension.

hi, i fitted my new suspension this weekend. but i hav a problem.. while driving around at about 40 mph, i can hear a clunking/bangin noise from the rear. i think it could be arb? Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? any suggestions welcome.
  77. aka-red

How to buy Gruppe m with discount

dam, it was all looking so tempting to me at that price.
  78. aka-red

MPG - what's your personal best?

i know it isn't good, but it depends what roads you have to drive on. i have no motorway journeys and i also like the vtec aspect of the car hehe.
  79. aka-red

MPG - what's your personal best?

hi guys, just thought i would share my mpg. my best is around the 330 out of a tank and the first week i got car, i only managed to get 173 miles out of the tank ha ha. i get around 26mpg on my run to work, best i hav recorded was 36 mpg.
  80. aka-red

Brembo EP3 kit...reduced to £1680

niice, al check them out. what kind of price are they? NO TEXT SPEAK! ADMIN
  81. aka-red

Brembo EP3 kit...reduced to £1680

can i ask wot suspension you hav on?
  82. aka-red

RickHondaR Autoglym Polished Cosmic CTR New Pics 17/8/08

my car is running on 205/40zr17, would you recommend same size as yours? my car sits dif to yours, arch gap looks more?? haha
  83. aka-red

is your car lowered? looks great there.
  84. aka-red

Need ideas : where to put gauges?

oh rite i get you now, the thing is, i got an after market hu and a surround, the surround is no where near the same colour as the car dash, so was thinkin of paintin the center console or cover it??
  85. aka-red

Advice

have you got a s/s manifold on your car? then a mid pipe to standard b/b?
  86. aka-red

supersprint exhaust

thinking of a full exhaust system for my ep3, was thinking of a supersprint exhaust, does anyone know wot price they start at? was lookin at the highest hp gain one.
  87. aka-red

Need ideas : where to put gauges?

What's flocking??
  88. aka-red

ok, how you get your vtec indicator put on dash??
  89. aka-red

how do i go about putting them window wipers on my ctr? you hav to get sumin for the ends of the arms am i right?? this car is clean, very impressed.
  90. aka-red

AEM V2

i bought AEM CAI for my car, had to take it off because it gets wet far to easily.
Back