• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Colin M

Colin M's Cosmic Premier CTR - ARC, Quaife LSD

Ok so it's been a long while since I last updated this thread. The Civic is going unfortunately albeit not very far as my house mate has decided to buy it from me. After test driving the new Fiesta ST last weekend and a week of negotiating I have agreed on a price and looking at picking it up...
  2. Colin M

Short shifter advice

Hey, no I never bothered in the end to be honest. This should help though if you do decide to get one... http://www.k-series.com/content.php?729-Civic-EP3-Short-Shifter-Install
  3. Colin M

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Great looking car Suits and it sounds like the wait was worth it in the end. Very jealous. :cool:
  4. Colin M

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Sure I read it was around £5500 somewhere?
  5. Colin M

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

It's less that 2k more than you got for it as trade in though isn't it? I don't find that very shocking personally.
  6. Colin M

Strut braces

To improve handling look into the following.. Eibach lowering springs, FRSU, JDM /Progress rear ARB, decent tyres and if you can an LSD.
  7. Colin M

Clutch needs replacing

I had a diff fitted on top for the same price at TGM. Save yourself some money and go to one of the recommended independents. Expect to pay around £350 for clutch and fitting.
  8. Colin M

Strut braces

Mostly bling IMO. Money could be better spent elsewhere. What mods do you have already?
  9. Colin M

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

I wouldn't worry about ruining your car. Get yourself along to a HOT day, book a tuition session and build up slowly.
  10. Colin M

It varies to be honest. Some venues have fuel available on site but its usually fairly expensive. If not there is almost always going to be a petrol station close by or you could take along a few jerry cans as some people do. You should be fine noise wise but to be safe I would recommend going...
  11. Colin M

Hi Josh, there's plenty you can do to improve the car on track without loosing day to day usability. To start with I would just stick a set DS2500 brake pads on and go along to a novice day. HOT are holding one at Brands on the 18th June. This will give you a chance to see what it is all about...
  12. Colin M

Skunk2 Gear knobs cheap on eBay!

The genuine ones have a matt finish as below.
  13. Colin M

Skunk2 Gear knobs cheap on eBay!

Sorry to say but I'm fairly certain that is fake.
  14. Colin M

now the proud owner of a kpro

Bargain :eek:
  15. Colin M

Good all round fast road/track pad

Where have you heard that Chris? Not doubting you just interested to know as they have a good reputation on HOT.
  16. Colin M

Bremtech are another option. I paid £180 for all four discs from VTEC direct. Used them at Castle Combe on Friday and they were a great improvement over OEM.
  17. Colin M

What did you expect? :rolleyes: You asked for advice which everyone has given based on personal experience. You then chose to ignore for no apparent reason. Have you ever tried the DS2500's on track? What was the point in this thread?
  18. Colin M

The DS2500's will be more than enough for trackdays. Get yourself some braided lines, decent grooved discs and uprated fluid and your all set.
  19. Colin M

GoPro use on track days.

The use of suction mounts for any camera not just GoPros is banned at most UK circuits. If you don't have a roll / strut bar look into a rear head rest mount.
  20. Colin M

Hondas On Track - Castle Combe 26th April 2013

Come on everyone...only two places left for this on Friday ;)
  21. Colin M

Honda NSX order books now open

Looks good except for the wheels. At £75-100k though my money would go elsewhere and I really can't see this becoming a future classic.
  22. Colin M

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

Saw this at TGM over the weekend and it looked fantastic. I would personally prefer it without the stickers but it's awesome all the same.
  23. Colin M

New Trackday tyre Federal RSR

Great write up Jason. Do you think these would be OK to run daily until I get a set of track wheels or am I better to stick with something more road orientated like the AD08's?
  24. Colin M

New Trackday tyre Federal RSR

I don't think they make them in 205/45 Michael. Most people run either 215/40 or 215/45. I am just waiting back on a price from Rarerims so will let you know what they say. I am either going to get these fitted to my daily wheels or just go with AD08's and save the RSR's until a have a set of...
  25. Colin M

My Latest Purchase....Anyone recognise??

Welcome along :)
  26. Colin M

FN2 Brake pads

Good choice, you won't be disappointed.
  27. Colin M

FN2 Brembo OEM fronts - too cheap???

I would stick with OEM or upgrade to grooved bremtech/ stoptechs personally.
  28. Colin M

FN2 Brake pads

No.
  29. Colin M

MilanoChris' Evo IX

:cool: Nice one Chris. Looks great!
  30. Colin M

Bridgestone potenza 050a owners HELP

What else do they have written on them? Mine say RE050a.
  31. Colin M

Best Brake kit to get?

Stoptech, AP Racing or one of TGM's Race Brembo setups.
  32. Colin M

EP3 Lift off oversteer

Definitely ditch the Autogrip's, awful tyres. They were on mine when I purchased it and were the first thing I changed.
  33. Colin M

Brembo discs and pads?

Andy is usually very quick to reply. If he hasn't already I would just give them a call.
  34. Colin M

Wrap or spray???

Welcome to the Forum :) Respray over wrap IMO.
  35. Colin M

Type r ep3 diff

To be fair I have never driven one myself so my comment was purely based on views I have heard from others.
  36. Colin M

Tilted Standard EP3 Spoiler

Has the OP flounced? I hope not. It's a public forum so everyone will have an opinion just laugh it off and take the **** out someone else's car.
  37. Colin M

Oil air bubbles

5w40 fully synthetic.
  38. Colin M

Renault Megane RS 250

Nice! Really like these :cool:
  39. Colin M

Type r ep3 diff

Is the car not going to be used on the road at all? Although great on track I have heard plate diffs can be a pain on road. I went with quaife and use my car as a daily but also regularly on track. No complaints here.
  40. Colin M

honda civic type r ep3 suspension

Also check out Nitron and AST.
  41. Colin M

jdm ep3

:cool: Looks good.
  42. Colin M

Brembo discs and pads?

As said already some of these Ebay links are slightly misleading. Although the pads are made by Brembo the discs are unbranded so I would look elsewhere personally.
  43. Colin M

Es engine mount inserts.

I must be getting old :(
  44. Colin M

Es engine mount inserts.

They also reduce wheel hop. I would advise only fitting to the front mount though as Howie says they cause a fair bit of vibration when stationary.
  45. Colin M

Brembo discs and pads?

They are not listed so you will need to email or call.
  46. Colin M

Brembo discs and pads?

Vtecdirect can get front and rear grooved Bremtech's for £180 which are rated very highly.
  47. Colin M

KPRO or K100???

Yes, K100 would be fine. They will give exactly the same results.
  48. Colin M

Tilted Standard EP3 Spoiler

Not a fan at all sorry. Looks daft IMO.
  49. Colin M

Takata 4 point Harness

In a roll over situation where the roof collapses :eek:
  50. Colin M

Brembo discs and pads?

Don't get drilled discs as they increase the risk of cracking. Grooved are good put probably overkill as you are not going to be using the car on track. OEM discs with DS2500's at the front will be more than enough.
  51. Colin M

Takata 4 point Harness

Fair enough. The only thing to bear in mind though is that in the event of a crash the standard seatbelts are designed to allow some movement. With a harness however you would be fixed to the seat which I why I said the only really safe way for to be used is with a cage.
  52. Colin M

Takata 4 point Harness

I would have thought that attaching to the bar itself would be far more dangerous. I was under the impression that they were used as a guide to get the correct belt angle rather than a fixing point. http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/ Obviously not going to hold you in as much as a harness but they are...
  53. Colin M

Takata 4 point Harness

I think it would be ok but obviously not ideal. I have been looking into this a lot recently and really the only safe way to run a harness would be with a fixed bucket seat and a roll cage. The trouble with that is having a cage without wearing a helmet is just as dangerous. I wanted to use...
  54. Colin M

Will I spit Flames

:greatpost:...
  55. Colin M

EP3 tyre advice needed

Fair enough :lol:
  56. Colin M

Silver EP3 - transformation to a road legal track car

I don't think they are warped as it only happens when they are very hot. No juddering at the start of sessions or on the road. From reading up on the issue I think it is most likely the build up of uneven pad deposits. Found this an interesting read...
  57. Colin M

They are supposed to be very good tyres. A lot of people say they are almost as good as 888's but much cheaper. Not sure if 15's would fit over the brakes? Have heard of a few people run 16's though. Surprised you didn't have any brake issues to be honest. Is Anglesey hard on brakes? I am...
  58. Colin M

Only one left in stock though unfortunately :( wanting to get a set of these myself.
  59. Colin M

My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR! (exhaust and massive brakes page 5)

Great stuff, look forward to seeing how it develops. Check out my recent thread for Coilover suggestions. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?85302-EP3-Coilover-options&highlight=nitron If budget allows then Nitron would be my first choice. Unfortunately while saving up for a...
  60. Colin M

Heat Wrap

I'm sure I have read that heat wrapping can increase the risk of cracking. I wouldn't bother personally.
  61. Colin M

Polybush or Superpro

I'd go with the Superpro caster increase set.
  62. Colin M

EP3 tyre advice needed

Why? I doubt there is a noticeable difference but why not go with the factory recommendation?
  63. Colin M

EP3 Air Ducts OEM Fit LOOK!!!! ON EBAY!!!!

Yes it is possible. A few guys over on HOT do and I will be doing the same soon.
  64. Colin M

perfect drop

You can have the FRSU done on the OEM springs but I use Eibach Pro-kit and they have been great on road and track. Looking to move to coilovers soon though.
  65. Colin M

EP3 tyre advice needed

Stick with what Honda advise.
  66. Colin M

FRSU

Here are my settings from TGM when I asked for a standard FRSU. I'm sure you know already but you will also need rear camber arms and front camber bolts. Are you getting springs/ coilovers fitted at the same time?
  67. Colin M

FRSU

I will post up my settings from TGM when back from work or they should be in my thread if you can find it. If they use these as a base and can adjust as needed.
  68. Colin M

FRSU

Where are you planning on having it done? If it's somewhere like TGM, TDI or Grinspeed just explain to them what you want and they will know the best settings to use.
  69. Colin M

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Looks amazing :cool: I was really tempted to buy these myself but was put off by the costs to fit and paint etc. Wish I had now, very jealous!
  70. Colin M

Trackaction-Online at Oulton Park March 1st 2013

How many cars do you run on track at once and are there any additional charges for passenger/ second drivers?
  71. Colin M

K100 or KPro for EP3

Kent.
  72. Colin M

Fast road occasional track good in the wet

Do you use the car everyday and how often are going to be on track? If it's just a weekend/trackday toy then Federal RSR's but I wouldn't personally use trackday tyres on a daily. Bridgestone RE050a, Goodyear Eagle f1 or maybe Yoko AD08's..
  73. Colin M

Track ep3 type r brake pads

Be careful with drilled discs as they are much more prone to cracking. I would advise just getting grooved next time. If it is a road/ track car I would go with something like DS2500's but if it is purely used on track then the DS3000's as Loxy suggested would get my vote.
  74. Colin M

best value for money manifold

Tegiwa also do one. Like all of their products it a copy but it is essentially the same design as the TODA at half the price. I know a few people running them that are more than happy. Alternatively you could get the real deal second hand. A TODA manifold sold on CTRO recently for £350...
  75. Colin M

EP3 modifications - which route to take?

Option 2 IMO. Definitely need the LSD. Fantastic Mod :twisted: Grooved discs also make sense if you around going to be doing quite a few track days. I take it the hondata in replace of k100, header etc is due to price? If so you could save some money but not getting the cat back and upgrading...
  76. Colin M

Need clutch changing. Worth putting in a lightened fly wheel?

It would be an ideal time to fit a LSD too ;)
  77. Colin M

Takata 4 point Harness

Great stuff, thanks Tom.
  78. Colin M

Takata 4 point Harness

Does anyone know if it would be possible to retain full use of the standard seatbelt with these fitted? I am wanting to get a harness for track use but would not want to use daily or go through the hassle of fitting/removing each time.
  79. Colin M

Contemplating springs

Ha no, to be fair they are probably regarded as the best springs available for the ep3. The only reason I'd sell is because I'm looking to move to coilovers. No idea how much they are worth second hand to be honest.
  80. Colin M

Contemplating springs

Around £170 new. I may be selling mine soon ;)
  81. Colin M

Contemplating springs

Eibach Pro Kit.
  82. Colin M

EP3 tyre advice needed

Fair enough. I have seen them for £110 a corner which I though was pretty good and a bit cheaper than RE050A's so think I will give them a go.
  83. Colin M

H braces, worth it?

No, just bling.
  84. Colin M

EP3 tyre advice needed

Where did you get them from Dan and how much did you pay? My road tyres took a battering at Silverstone on Saturday and I'm thinking of giving these a go.
  85. Colin M

EP3 tyre advice needed

Why's that Loxy? I'm not saying your wrong just curious to know as I'm going to be making the same decision myself soon and have been thinking about giving the Goodyears a go. I have been pretty impressed with the Bridgestones to be fair.
  86. Colin M

Caliper colour??

As above I would go with a dark colour. My red painted callipers turned black after one trackday with DS2500's.
  87. Colin M

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

Re: Staffs Deltic FN2 *Now Bad* lol :cool: Looks like you were going well.
  88. Colin M

Buying Oil off Ebay... How Safe?

I use http://www.opieoils.co.uk :thumbup:
  89. Colin M

EP3 brakes

Bremtech or Stoptech grooved discs. Ferodo DS2500 pads, braided brake lines and uprated brake fluid and would you have great fast road/track set-up.
  90. Colin M

HOT Croft 19/07/13...

I will be there too, and Donington on the Monday after :D
  91. Colin M

Todd's Championship White Honda Integra DC5.

Welcome Along :) Nice upgrade, looks like you got a great example.
  92. Colin M

LSD standard on a ep3?

No, UK ep3's did not come with an LSD as standard. It could be a JDM model which did or they have just fitted an aftermarket one.
  93. Colin M

Modification Recommendations

How much are you looking to spend and are you going to be using the car on track at all?
  94. Colin M

Remove rear seats

The search is your friend mate :) This should help..http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?74797-EP3-Rear-Seat-Removal.&highlight=remove+rear+seats
  95. Colin M

Mixing tyre profiles

I wouldn't mix brands or profile personally and having AD08's of the front with budgets on the rear is just an accident waiting to happen IMO. Why not look at the Federal RSR's, £92 each and get good reviews...
  96. Colin M

A few night shots of my dc2 :)

:cool:
  97. Colin M

Exhaust Manifold - Any preference?

No I wish! The cat back is £450, Manifold is £550.
  98. Colin M

http://solid-fabrications.co.uk/
  99. Colin M

Thanks Matto. Just seen you're graph, good results. Hi Linus, yeah I am thinking about the whole system, manifold and 3" catback. Alan has a few options available on how you want the back box to look and does a bigger version to make it track day friendly. He is currently running a group buy...
Back