• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ImportR

Fog Light Kit from the US

Got it from Jdmhondaparts - I should've got the 6spd gear knob w/leather aswell :rolleyes: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/01-04-Honda-Civic-EP3-Yellow-Amber-3-5Dr-Fog-Lights-/380399859054?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item589199356e...
  2. ImportR

Fog Light Kit from the US

I've just fitted a similar halogen Amber lens fog kit to my facelift. Was a straight swap for the OEM fogs (which were letting in water). Quality wise, the lamp lenses are plastic as opposed to glass, wiring loom and switchgear is a bit cheaper feeling than OEM. They weren't E marked either...
  3. ImportR

FD2 trying to look like a Evo X

I like the first option, although 2nd is good too :) I did this on my FTO years ago. I used matt vinyl film though
  4. ImportR

Type R ep3 back end is very twitch and i LOVE IT!

hehe i'm trying to stifle my LOL'ing so the boss doesnt hear me! classic post
  5. ImportR

ep3 owners advice

To me, the biggest difference in the switch from FI to NA (read: VTEC) is that if you're wanting to keep it in the powerband, you have to keep it in 1 or 2 lower gears than you would in a turbo car. The EP3 is not the best hatch out there for torque, but for the price it's a very good all-round...
  6. ImportR

Odd rumble when exhaust gets drenched!

This is exactly what happened with mine, sounds awful! Glad that its only a temporary thing though. Would be interesting to rig up a mini camera down there during heavy rain to see what actually happens!
  7. ImportR

ok thanks chaps. it'll take some getting used to, the missus was complaining the first time it happened; saying that "something doesnt sound right" :rolleyes: she said that about blow off valve noises aswell :lol:
  8. ImportR

Are you sure about that? I do hope you're right! I've never noticed it with any other aftermarket systems before...and i do feel some vibration in the seat when it happens cheers
  9. ImportR

Ok, so i have a Buddy Club Spec4 catback. Standard height suspension (for now), standard ARBs etc. The system has been issue free - during cold startups, and long hot runs. But i've noticed that when i've been driving the fully warmed up car on the motorway and there is a lot of standing...
  10. ImportR

Will a buddyclub back box fit to a supersprint.. scorpion... or sportex mid pipe?

I've got a catback BC spec4 and the backbox joint is a slip joint - 1 pipe widened to fit over the other, with a clamp to keep them together. So a flanged b-pipe will not fit it
  11. ImportR

How to wire up an Omex Sequential Shift Light

Right, go here http://www.apexi-usa.com/content/pdf6133.pdf page 15, and look at diagram H4a - the rpm signal is there ;) page 12 confirms that your ECU is H4a diagram Hope that helps!
  12. ImportR

Hi John IIRC, when I wired in an Omex to my DC2, i also struggled getting a decent signal via the coil wires. I gave up in the end and took the red off a switched live and the blue connected to the ECU tacho out signal. If you can find out which one this is on your ECU, i would recommend using...
  13. ImportR

Guide to fit DC5 Recaro's to EP3!

....timewarp back to 2009.... Yes! a seller called GTbitz (Skyline parts dealer)
  14. ImportR

Guide to fit DC5 Recaro's to EP3!

? to put in an EP3? As far as I know it, the DC5 rails are a better fit for the EP? The seats already came with DC5 rails, so it made sense just to mod them slightly
  15. ImportR

Thinking of getting BC Spec 4 Exhaust?

How long ago was that? I remember HKS had baffle problems in the old days.....
  16. ImportR

Different exhaust diameters?

By the way - this u/s b-pipe and magnex rear was the loudest system i've ever had!! jesus, my ears were ringing afterwards. Sounded utterly fantastic when you were in the mood and gunning it everywhere though :D but pottering about town, m-way crusing and at night was just too noisy. Plus, the...
  17. ImportR

as for the old comments about other BC fitted cars sounding rough etc - i havent a clue what they're on about as mine feels perfect???
  18. ImportR

I have BC Spec 4 on mine. 2.5" bore all the way. :) Normally it has a silenced mid pipe but mine doesnt. Its quiet on tickover, noticeable when driving, and turns from a loud rasp (4k rpm) to a wailing banshee all the way to the redline :D. Not as deep sounding as other systems but still, a...
  19. ImportR

Facelift EP Foglight kit

This is where i got my replacement lamps (specify facelift) but you'll have to source the loom elsewhere http://shop.ebay.co.uk/qualitycarparts0142/m.html?_nkw=honda&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313
  20. ImportR

Well if i had that kind of traffic, then a loud muffler wouldn't be a problem. On a side note; the fitting garage are having a problem getting the back box onto the b-pipe. They say that Due to the slightly smaller inlet of the backbox, it sits slightly further away from the b-pipe flange...
  21. ImportR

Yeah I'm not normally one for subtle exhausts, but these days with a baby and the occasional long m-way journey, I have to be considerate. Plus, my neighbours complained about my old Evo. Might have to just accept the sound & restriction for what it is and live with it!
  22. ImportR

Thanks matey Yeah something like that. One of the CTRO custom made 60mm unsilenced b-pipes plus a used Magnex (so I'm told) backbox with twin exits (like OEM). It's getting fitted as we type, so if it sounds a bit disappointing, i may get a 60mm back box later on.... ta
  23. ImportR

Chaps Is it a big No No to have a 2.5" centre pipe mated up to a 2" back box? The connecting flanges mate up, as does the donut gasket, and also the bolt holes. So fitting isn't a problem. I asked the garage doing the fitting and they said it shouldn't be a problem. For the sake of a 0.5"...
  24. ImportR

This is my pride and joy my honda prelude 2.2 vti vtec

Basically what Jermal is saying is that anything that looks remotely Max Power/Fast Car reader will get ripped. People are in effect trying to be constructive, but if it sounds like a pish take, it probably is. Don't take it personally though. Ludes can be modded to look really tidy, hence the...
  25. ImportR

NHB EP3 - what colour wheels suit it?

>removed double post<
  26. ImportR

so far it's 3-1 to anthracite! The dull silver does indeed look dirty, but i like it! My personal preference for the CTR is not to have overly shiny aftermarket rims contrasting with the black. I leave that look for the Barry boyz. I thought with black body, 1/2 tints, dark rims - it would...
  27. ImportR

ImportR's 2005 NHB: picture blog

...and Rota GR-A before refurb..... :D
  28. ImportR

Oh yeah, sometime last summer i put this in aswell: a copy of the J's racing strut brace. Need to find a fitted picture to post up...
  29. ImportR

Seems like I have neglected my car (mod wise) for a few months, due to other interests. Now I have this little mod and my Rota's going on soon! Yay! Just need one more mod to make it happen in 3's! So after looking around for a decent gearknob (wanting a Skunk2), I got this from a member on...
  30. ImportR

Guys/girls I have a very difficult decision to make. Tonight I'm about to drop off my Rota GR-A for a refurb but I'm torn between what colour to choose! I thought I was 100% set on a metallic grey (or dull silver), to keep my NHB looking unblingy and not too Knight Rider if i kept the rims...
  31. ImportR

So what happens when moisture gets past the filter? (not hydrolock)

Cheers. That was an interesting read, i guess i will have to check my oil cap later. I remember seeing once (on another car), a rusty dipstick! I'm just a bit paranoid cos when I see the amount of crap coming onto my windscreen, and think that my open intake is just above the grille 'Type R'...
  32. ImportR

So what happens when moisture gets past the filter? (not hydrolock)

With all the shitty weather & rain we've been having lately, I've began to wonder. So many of us have direct ram-air intakes, cramming in air and everything else that goes into the bumper or grille mounted intake pipes/hoses/ducts. Over the years, with different cars & setups, I've noticed one...
  33. ImportR

Condensation!!!!

+1 this is exactly what i do. Leave the AC off and just have the heater on, fresh air in. Just pump the AC on once a week. I've not had the condensation problem since winter 2009. So i would definately Not say the CTR was bad for it.
  34. ImportR

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Yesterday my 05 just skipped over 60k. used for the daily commute, aswell as other things ;)
  35. ImportR

Autosocks

I bought some Snow Socks from www.towequipe.co.uk yesterday. £58 all in. Dunno if they'll be any good, but worth a try I suppose. It was meant to be out for delivery today with DHL....
  36. ImportR

Tyre Grip spray - instant traction on snow & ice?

Saw this on Amazon. I was quite sceptical of it at first, but a couple of reviews seem to claim that it works - with a bit of restraint & skill.... Anyone else tried it already? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tyre-Grip-Black-Ice-Protection/dp/B002WBEPRO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1293006929&sr=1-3
  37. ImportR

Autosocks

I've been thinking about those too, one of the guys in work uses them and reckons they're good. And they dont damage alloys. http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/News/Winter-tyres---a-guide/
  38. ImportR

Integra type r seats on a civic type r ???

I have DC5 Recaro SR seats in my EP3. IIRC, they are lighter weight than the JDM/30AE Recaro Sport, and definately lighter than the stock Type R seats. Downside is that the SR doesnt have the sliding base as the Sport. I've not found this to be a big problem though, even with a baby to put in...
  39. ImportR

What size tyres do you recommend?

Good answer! So it looks like 215 is the one to go for. Thanks for the explanation! :)
  40. ImportR

in case of rubbing? or just the looks?
  41. ImportR

For 17x7.5 rims Rota GR-A's - will go on my CTR, not lowered, yet. More thinking either 215 or 225? cheers
  42. ImportR

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 foglamps

ok fair enough then. Thanks for the info :)
  43. ImportR

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 foglamps

on eBay (for example) there's numerous firms selling DC5 fog kits - for the USDM DC5's. I dont know whether they're a mod or a USDM option, but the sales blurb mentions these kits as a pattern copy of the original fogs. So I take it that no-one in the UK with a JDM DC5 has fog lights then...
  44. ImportR

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 foglamps

Can a DC5 owner do a favour for me please? Just measure the front fog lamps; width across, and height. In centimetres. I'm trying to establish if DC5 fogs can replace my OE fogs in my EP3 (2005). Don't fancy paying over £90 each for the Honda replacements. :evil: thanks
  45. ImportR

First Type-R. Milano UK DC2.

Congrats. Very tidy looking that is. I like the Go Like F... plate :) I always liked the red DC2s, since there's not many about
  46. ImportR

i think its you mate! :D This one had a scuff on the side, and it is definately leather. The stitching appears to be of a better quality, as does the moulding around the spokes. I've had a Polyurethane wheel (OMP) in the past, and where that looked like leather, it smelled plasticky.
  47. ImportR

After 8-9 months in the wilderness (due to a new baby), i finally got around to fitting a replacement Momo wheel from a Prem (or 30AE). My existing one was getting a bit shiny, and i hate shiny rimmage! Anyway, this rim has one piece of leather which feels more textured and obviously newer...
  48. ImportR

I moved the lamp module to a better, more central location recently ;)
  49. ImportR

NHB EP3 - Swirly

impressive work there mate...i'll have to pull my finger out and try detailing my NHB....swirls all over it
  50. ImportR

What do you clean tint film with?

Guys.... I have plant residue on the tint film, what should I use to clean it off? I've left it on for about a week now, so i'd need to rehydrate it before wiping off...but with what, that isnt harmful to the film? cheers
  51. ImportR

Honda dealer Service Checklist - it's here!

Greetz! I do yes. whats yours? :)
  52. ImportR

Honda dealer Service Checklist - it's here!

Main Dealer checklist for cars up to 144 months old!
  53. ImportR

Brake pads

as serious as Julian Clary at a BNP function
  54. ImportR

Brake pads

Also fitting those Spoon or Mugen socks to the brake and clutch fluid reservoirs should keep them cooler.
  55. ImportR

Brake pads

Nice one, they get better too ;)
  56. ImportR

My JRSC JDM Civic Type R ... 308.1 bhp ... Bride & takata's on 17

The JDM roadside flare is the equivalent of a warning triangle......you just put it on the ground, it doesn't shoot up anywhere!
  57. ImportR

Any Volk CE28N copies out there?

cool - i'll have to get saving cheers
  58. ImportR

hey James Are Advan Racing Gymkhana's still in production, and if so, are they available in a 17" EP3 fitment??!! pleeease tell me what i want to hear!! (sorry if i've thread crapped!!)
  59. ImportR

I love Work rims - are they on Forza3 so i can put them onto my EP3?? :)
  60. ImportR

I tend to be a bit suspicious of replica rims, as they more often than not weigh more than the original and even worse, heavier than the OE rims if you're going up in size. Rota's are fine as are the majority of forged rims especially the JDM ones, but the likes of OZs (except the superlight...
  61. ImportR

Alpine IDA X 305 Purchased

i have the 301RR and it came with a USB cable and also a separate iPod cable. Both are about 1m long, and i have both coiled up in the lockable glovebox. The head unit control takes care of the iPod functionality so i dont need it to hand. Obviously a different setup for your iPhone. If you...
  62. ImportR

Brake pads

Can't say what DS2500s do to discs as I haven't been running them for long enough, but yes they do create fair amount of dust. Mine haven't squealed once (yet). The thing with them working better when warm: its like this: start it up from cold - like when i drive from home to work in the...
  63. ImportR

Brake pads

I ditched all of my std pads for Ferodo DS2500. Expensive yes, but the difference was massive! I was able to lock the wheels using only moderate but brisk brake pressure. Something that never happened before because the system wasn't as effective. The only downside is that they need a bit of...
  64. ImportR

Brake report after Honda service...

'ello peeps, long time no post (the mrs. had a baby about 2 mths ago) :) My '05 EP3 was serviced & MOT'd by the Honda main delears yesterday - no probs, but they noted that the rear discs were corroded on the edges. I've not actually checked (since it was gettng dark) but should it be a reason...
  65. ImportR

I got it from Demon Tweeks, about £115 ish You can get it elsewhere, but the savings aren't that much after posting etc ;)
  66. ImportR

Steamy windows

I find that the more you use AC, the more you depend on it. During all that rain last week, I used AC more than I've ever used it before. I noticed that my usual 300 miles of fuel per tank went down by 40 miles! I decided to try not to use AC for a while: There always seems to be some...
  67. ImportR

aftermarket stereo pictures with lights on

Apart from harness connectors being loose, it could be that the bulb is on its way, or just loose. If you take out the centre console, and look behind the switchgear, you'll see two white plastic "screwheads" deep in the black plastic box. These are the bulb holders and need to be secure...
  68. ImportR

aftermarket stereo pictures with lights on

Aye! I recently had to replace the bulb behind the rear demister button, which is why its so bright compared to the other 2 buttons. The ciggie lighter doesnt illuminate...
  69. ImportR

Mugen Pedals £40

On the new generation of Mugen pedals; the etched logo is the Kanji script on the left, with "Mugen" on the right. The old style had the Kanji above the "Mugen" It is a lot of trouble to replicate packinging...but if you think of a whole cottage industry where international internet...
  70. ImportR

Some more quick fone pix....getting a bit boring now lol Tiny tweeters stuffed inside there
  71. ImportR

Mugen Pedals £40

They are far too cheap to be real. Even if they're discontinued. I think they're replica, I wouldn't call them crap as such...they're made quite well. Just that after a while, the meshy part of the 2 small pedals will come off (they're only stuck on with general purpose glue). You then need...
  72. ImportR

Did a bit of an ICE upgrade recently. Desperately missed driving with my iPod music and decided to junk the old speakers too. Went for an Alpine X-301RR, Alpine SPG coaxials and Alpine components up front. Unfortunately the new stereo doesn't seem to have a clock! So I had to stick on...
  73. ImportR

Head Unit and Speakers for £300?

Some quick and dirty fone pics of the X301RR
  74. ImportR

Yeah I used to have a JVC MP3/CD/DVD player that had bluetooth. Synced it with my phone and spoke thru the microphone clipped near the a-pillar. The Alpine x301RR needs a bluetooth adaptor, and then you can use any phone with it :) By the way, I fitted the head unit without the fascia, and...
  75. ImportR

The system sounds great yes! A noticeable improvement in clarity and bass over the stad setup. :) I'll get some pics up asap
  76. ImportR

Hi, welcome to the club! This is what I recently bought and fitted for mine: Alpine X301-RR (with direct iPod lead) - £136 Fascia panel, Iso harness and DIN/Iso aerial adaptor - £11 Alpine 17cm SPG 2way (rear) - £70 Alpine 17cm component set (front) - £50 Honda tweeter mounts - £20...
  77. ImportR

TomTom DC5 icons

They look great! Maybe you should also make Icons for EPs and FN/FDs! :lol:
  78. ImportR

After market wheel choices for EP3's

For a satin, I'd stick with black or gunmetal rims. They would be one of these choices Buddy Club PII OZ Ultraleggera Those Inovit rims that look like TE37s I love Advan RG's but i don't think they in production anymore
  79. ImportR

Thanks, yeah FRSU is crying out to be done! Just need to find the time at the moment....
  80. ImportR

Alpine X300 series owners!

I have an X301RR, the tech blurb claims it to have a built in clock, but I can't see it anywhere! Tried pressing various buttons while on and off but nuffin! What am I doing wrong? Also, I can flip between artists, albums and songs......but I can't flip between genres cos i can't see it...
  81. ImportR

Piston slipped bearing and/or snapped con rod bolts. I heard a load of metallic tinkling as I limped it home on 3 cylinders! :eek: Probably caused by the previous owner upping the boost and not strengthening the bottom end. :rolleyes: The boost controller was removed before I bought the...
  82. ImportR

eddie's carbon DC2

Cool indeed! Any engine and interior pics? :)
  83. ImportR

aftermarket stereo fitting

I've just fitted an Alpine; first I tried without the fascia, and there was a huge gap above the cubby tray. ie. you can see the felt from above the tray. So i fitted the Autoleads fascia after spraying it matt black. Looks much tidier now, although I would've preferred it in the correct silver...
  84. ImportR

kakimoto regu 06r

i love competitive quotes ! :D
  85. ImportR

kakimoto regu 06r

They can be bought from VTEC Direct...if you have a grand to spare! http://www.vtecdirect.com/online/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?seo=cat--Systems-and-mufflers--EP3_Exhaust_system
  86. ImportR

Accord recaros into ep3

IMHO, having all that electronic frippery and extra weight is against the whole point of Type R ??? ....remember how light and raw the EK9's and DC2's were....
  87. ImportR

Accord recaros into ep3

Aren't the DC5 seats "SR" not Speed? Mine have the SR tag embossed on the side plates. The difference being (so i'm told): The Speed was made for taller markets like Europe, whilst the SR had a shorter back for JDM.....
  88. ImportR

latest pics of the cosmic premier

Smart that mate :) Hows the HKS muffler? I've been pondering whether to get this....I'm after something subtle.. but loud on VTEC
  89. ImportR

tegraaahhhhh

Always loved black Teg's and still regret selling mine. Yours looks great. Any mods?
  90. ImportR

Teg DC2 Type-R JDM

So its been completely stripped and resprayed? Jeez! They did a good job there! Looks perfect under the bonnet. So if you lift up the carpets, its white then. ..and your rev counter goes up to 10k rpms :D in that case I'm happy for you.....there are some SI's and SI-R's out there...
  91. ImportR

Teg DC2 Type-R JDM

Not trying to stir anything up.... but the R would've had a chin spoiler, and is the back bumper is Euro spec (retrofitted)? its just that in all the years of being into the JDM scene, I've never seen or heard of a met. blue DC2 Type R. I'm presuming the paint is original of...
  92. ImportR

kakimoto regu 06r

ah....must be different to the one I had then!
  93. ImportR

kakimoto regu 06r

I had a Kakimoto R on my DC2 and the sound was truly awesome. A low burble on tickover and later, a full-on VTEC scream. If you like to turn heads and have the motorbike sound, then the Kakimoto is for you! Its a really well made piece of kit
  94. ImportR

Teg DC2 Type-R JDM

Very clean ..but this looks like an SI-R to me?
  95. ImportR

heh - yeah the pic makes it look worse than it is. The pipe is bent around in a total U shape, but it hasn't lost any of its diameter.
  96. ImportR

TomTom DC5 icons

jeeeeeezusss! its the subtle difference in the rear lights!
  97. ImportR

TomTom DC5 icons

why is there 2 pics of each?
  98. ImportR

Finally gave in and got some JDM mats today :roll: bloody peer pressure! The heel pad is in the right place they feel superb, although the cheaper ones did feel nice too. I think the JDMs are a bit dark though?
Back