• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. christurbo

Harv's BMW 135i *pics Page 7*

Lovey 1er. Loved the handling in mine:
  2. christurbo

Hondata Airbox Mod Done.... Some Pics

I forgot I did this - blast from the past!
  3. christurbo

Suits' JDM S2000

Lovely S2000. When are you going to sell her? ;)
  4. christurbo

FN2 3rd Gear Issues.

Dweezle - I will take it in. Can you let me know how yours goes?
  5. christurbo

FN2 Buying 07' Plate GT from Honda Dealership

He is not wrong I fitted a set last week and they are an amazing improvement.
  6. christurbo

R8byb

I had one on an EP3 I used to have, I didn't RR it but definitely breathed better.
  7. christurbo

FN2 FN2 Headlight Bulbs - Recommendations?

Thats the ones! I tried the Osrams last night and I am very, very impressed! They actually look slightly like the Xenons I had on my TT. The light is very white and the visability has been improved drastically. The front end also looks very new and clean. To sum up a very inexpensive way of...
  8. christurbo

I fitted them today along with the sidelights. They look good. However I found out I had some Phillips 55w already installed.
  9. christurbo

Touch Up Paint

Unfortunely I dont however I do have some 1500 W&D! I applied the basecoat today.
  10. christurbo

FN2 3rd Gear Issues.

I have Changed gearbox oil, and also got used to the car now - not had one instance since. Silky smooth.
  11. christurbo

Touch Up Paint

I picked up the Halfords kit, very well put together. I will try it when we emerge from this ice age.
  12. christurbo

FN2 FN2-HID conversion kit-Recommendations

Gorgeous. *I don't need GP Pack - Honestly!*
  13. christurbo

FN2 3rd Gear Issues.

If they accepted the work would they swap the clutch out at the same time? [with me paying the cost of a clutch of course!].
  14. christurbo

Touch Up Paint

Thanks, I will pick some up tonight.
  15. christurbo

FN2 3rd Gear Issues.

Great stuff thanks. It is a late 2008 build - 2009 registered. Strange, I will speak to my local Honda garage.
  16. christurbo

Touch Up Paint

I have noticed that the FN2 has picked up some stone chips. One has some rust in it! Is the Halfords touch up kit any good? Thanks.
  17. christurbo

FN2 3rd Gear Issues.

I have noticed that on occasions that 3rd gear does not engage properly, or the gear leaver pops out. It normally happens when the car is cold. This is on an 09 FN2 with factory warranty until April 12. I read that this can be cured by a warranty fix. Is this so? Has anyone else had this issue...
  18. christurbo

Damn, I just read through 100 pages - THEN found this out!:D
  19. christurbo

Im upo page 51 so far. God I wish this site increased the post count per page! :)
  20. christurbo

Loxy, out of curiosity why did you go from HIDs to Halogen Osram Night breakers? What is the difference between them both on your car?
  21. christurbo

All ordered thanks for the links Loxy
  22. christurbo

Just done service - my quick How-To

Doh!!! My brian left me that day sorry! Milano Red!!!! :D
  23. christurbo

Thanks bud
  24. christurbo

I would like to upgrade my dipped and side light bulbs to brighter whiter light. Any recommendations? Non HID. What sizes do I need? Thank you
  25. christurbo

Well, Ive had a satin, NHB, so cosmic was an obvious choice, next must be champ white!
  26. christurbo

FN2 OBC - FN2

Brilliant thanks.
  27. christurbo

FN2 OBC - FN2

I have my FN2, however the previous owner lost the owners handbook [I have verything else]. Can you configure anything on on board computer [settings, etc], if so how? Thanks.
  28. christurbo

Im back but now in a Cosmic FN2 GT!
  29. christurbo

Good job!
  30. christurbo

Buying Falken 452

I think I paid around £58 a corner and £40 to fit balance and dispose. £272 all in.
  31. christurbo

Drivers door wont unlock in arctic weather

You need to use silicone grease over your rubber door seals and WD40 in the locks, this will prevent water getting into contact and freezing. This has always worked a treat with me.
  32. christurbo

FN2 MPG

I always got upto 250 miles a tank in the CTRs. I am getting 22MPG out the the beemer at the moment. I did manage 28mpg on a long run [on B roads].
  33. christurbo

Buying Falken 452

Ive used Camskill for my Elise, VX220, Clio 172 Track car, and now my CTR. I will also be using them for the BMW. I have 4 new Falken 452's all round on the CTR and I am very impressed.
  34. christurbo

Pants in the snow!

Yep, I think my 18/35/255's will be the same as having snowboards on! The Beemer is tucked in, I will be using the CTR in the snow if I have to. However, my other CTR was awful in the white stuff on inclines! [See my avatar - that day was so funny and scary all in one!]
  35. christurbo

Dry filter here.
  36. christurbo

Falken FK452

Thats BMW rear boot sizes, what are you running them on? They are still performing well on the CTR and seem to be waring well too. I am going to buy a full set for the BMW when my current boots ware out. They are recommended by the M3 owners.
  37. christurbo

Christurbo's NHB Premier Weekend Jaunt.

I dont have anything else planned for the CTR, I am extremely happy with the way it is now setup. However, if there was one thing I would get now it would have to be a K-Pro :)
  38. christurbo

I wouldnt go any lower, the ride has a perfect balance at the moment. I would also have major issues with speedhumps in my area too!
  39. christurbo

misty condensation windows

What do you guys use to clean the glass inside to eliminate misting up? Ive tried a few things and it just makes it worse and also when the sun shines through it looks like there are swirl marks from the product used.
  40. christurbo

TypeRiter - here is an updated pic I just snapped. TBH it doesnt look much different from the last but there is a definite difference in the flesh.
  41. christurbo

Wonder Wheels

Cheers :)
  42. christurbo

Wonder Wheels

Im not really into the detailing malarky, however I am interested in sealing my wheels. Other than Jetseal 109 what other brands would you recommend [not expensive].
  43. christurbo

My Murdered Out Civic *Gone*

Very nice. Take it easy through the winter months though.
  44. christurbo

A good debate. From personal experience I bought an Elise that had FLSH and had many problems when I had it, although no reflection on its service history. I then bought a VX220 with mostly Horizon Motorsport stamps [where I serviced the Elise] and that is what sealed the deal with me due to...
  45. christurbo

Springs

I got Teins, very nice indeed. I have had Eibachs on my VX220, I now have them on my BMW 325Ci M Sport which are also good.
  46. christurbo

How to check gearbox oil??

1.7 litres needed. £10 a litre is fine for std Honda MTF. I paid £14 a litre for my uprated Castrol MTF
  47. christurbo

Used some Castrol, check out the make in the thread.
  48. christurbo

See my guide in the how to section.
  49. christurbo

I love that watch, I also have a CAS3 Thousands of Feet. I will get Honda to do valve clearances, it not worth the hassle!
  50. christurbo

IIRC they are 20/25mm but I think they sit perfect for a EP3. I will tell you now - if you want LOW then buy ABP's current 35mm springs.
  51. christurbo

Hi thanks, yes the pic is with it sitting on fresh Teins. It sits lower now though as it seems that they are settling in.
  52. christurbo

ep3petey's Milano Type R

Ive seen this in the flesh - very nice!
  53. christurbo

They are crush washers so seal when tightened ensuring that no oil will leak. I f your reuse the washer then it will loose its effectivness. They cost 30p so just buy some.
  54. christurbo

.....and thicker!
  55. christurbo

2" or 2.5" pipe ?

I have an unsilenced 2.5" B Pipe with OEM backbox, sounds great. I have some vids in the members cars section.
  56. christurbo

I checked out my climate controls on the centre console. It works a treat, if put in AUTO on both dials it automatically engages the aircon and directs the airflow to the windcreen to dimist, then resets it to direct it to the passengers
  57. christurbo

Yes you can buy it upto and over 1m.
  58. christurbo

Gear box oil

Just change your gb oil to rule it out. See my service guide in the how to section.
  59. christurbo

Its hard to capture the exhaust note on a cam, but I am pleased with it. I expect the fuel consumption to go up, time to save for a K-Pro! lol
  60. christurbo

OK all 3 vids, turn up your speakers. Drive By: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb436z8wsEk HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb436z8wsEk In Car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcBt4O0yTOg HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcBt4O0yTOgk Static: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITGPXlt4PdM...
  61. christurbo

Not sure, maybe the previous owner installed the dial controls from a Sport. They work well though :)
  62. christurbo

A couple of days. :)
  63. christurbo

Thanks - The Goodridge hoses are great - even when really abused. I fitted the 2.5" B Pipe today. A really easy job. I also removed the heat shield because when the B Pipe was very hot it was very close to touching it. The difference is surprising! The CTR almost feels transformed, bags of...
  64. christurbo

My Civic Type R stolen from Stockport

Thats terrible. I lived on a new estate that had a whole host of owners with nice cars, this soon happened. They would break in steal the keys then loot the cars.
  65. christurbo

I managed to take the type R out for a proper run in and test tonight. The results are that there is a definate improvement in performance. The throttle is much more responsive, but the biggest improvement is when I am accelerating in VTEC at higher speeds. the engine feels alot stronger. This...
  66. christurbo

Cheers! After sorting out the breathing [god it works well!] I thought that I needed to sort out the OEM pea-shooter centre section. So I met up with R8byb from teh other forum and picked up a nice shiny new 2.5" Unsilenced B Pipe. I am very impressed with both the build quality and design. Its...
  67. christurbo

They were rusty within days, so a rub down and a lick of paint! :)
  68. christurbo

This is my 2nd CTR. The first one I ordered new and kept it 4 years until this arrived. Its a 2006 NHB Premier. Here is what I have done with it in the last month: Tein S Suspension Eibach/SPC Rear Camber Arms Eibach/SPC Front Camber Bolts Goodridge SS Braided Hoses New Falken 452's All...
  69. christurbo

All fitted! I have some sore fingers but it was all worth it. I used the full 1/2 meter of feed, no need cut it shorter. The main reason for this is that I loosened the grille and fed the CAF through the gap above the rad then directly behind the grille. The CAF is great as it moulds to the...
  70. christurbo

Replacing the front 'H' badge on EP3

Is the rear badge just held on by tape too?
  71. christurbo

After market wheel choices for EP3's

Very, very nice. If I had a Milano or satin then I would probably change the alloys. the NHB in my opinion looks best with OEM rims.
  72. christurbo

mobil1 0w-30 or 0w-40

I used it for my last oil change - so far so good. :)
  73. christurbo

Interview went very well thanks. :) I am looking forward to fitting it, the CAF is great as I am able to mould the intake into a wide mouth so that it will fit perfectly above the rad in the grill making full use of the oversized pipe. I'll post some pics. I also need to post a thread in the...
  74. christurbo

I got it from Ebay. £7. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290329625190&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1362wt_1167 Yes the glass is an insert of my dining room table.
  75. christurbo

The CAF arrived today. It looks really good quality. It has a silicone feel, and also a wire structure to keep it sturdy. I will fit it tomorrow morning when I get a chance, I would do it today but I have got a job interview this afternoon. ;) Pics:
  76. christurbo

From EP3 to EP3 with Some In-Between!

Lets just say I am in IT. :) You?
  77. christurbo

No but I pop in now and then. Yes there is a Black DC5 with black and red rims. You work in Llantrisant then.
  78. christurbo

Fitting rear camber arms

2 x bolts each side - job done! [put a jack under the arm]
  79. christurbo

Might be... you work there?
  80. christurbo

Turbo also weighed alot more at the rear as the block was an old iron lump. Not favourable on an Elise/Exige chassis for track use [IMO of course! ;)]
  81. christurbo

Service cost

Parts would cost you more than that! Engine Oil + Filter £60+ Gearbox Oil £20+ Spark plugs [very expensive from honda at least £20 a plug] £80 Pollen filter - ? Air filter - £25 Brake fluid - £20+ Then labour which will be at least £75 per hour.
  82. christurbo

Yep - the VXR was quite quick mainly because of the Hybrid turbo that they used in the Astra VXR. If I was going to go back to lightweight mid engined car it would be an S1 Elise/Exige with a SC K20 conversion ready done. :)
  83. christurbo

They all did! :D
  84. christurbo

Service cost

Make sure that £185 includes valve adj, as I highly suspect that it doesnt. Also ask for them to list what they are going to do......
  85. christurbo

Oil and Coolant

I just found out where the min max mark is! what a stupid place! Yes, the coolant is a ready mixed solution 'Honda All Season Antifreeze/Coolant type2' PN 01999-900 available from Honda. You will not need to change it for 120,000 miles or 10 Years.
  86. christurbo

No its not - but it looks very similar! [bar the spoiler].
  87. christurbo

The iPhone is the most useful thing I think I own! :D I like my watches big!
  88. christurbo

Around £25. It is the best OEM filter I have seen TBH.
  89. christurbo

No it will overflow out of the fill hole when full! :)
  90. christurbo

I would personally go for the foam ITG replacement, but I think the OEM [if new] is fine but half the cost. I think it would be cheaper to buy a performance aftermarket filter because it would not need replacing unlike the OEM.
  91. christurbo

Yes it replaces the OEM CAF.
  92. christurbo

Here you go. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290329625190&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1314wt_1167
  93. christurbo

Added 'How to replace spark plugs'. Let me know what you think.
  94. christurbo

Oil and Coolant

Mine hasn't:- Is my level OK?
  95. christurbo

Oil and Coolant

Ive got no min and max mark on my coolant bottle. How high do I fill? Do I fill half way up the tank [before the neck]?
  96. christurbo

The OEM one is very good in my opinion. However, there are a few aftermarket filters including K&N and ITG available for the EP3. I just need to wait for the oversized CAF to arrive and test it.
  97. christurbo

I've just bought a 90mm CAF - once I get it I will let you know how it goes.
Back