• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. GRIM REP3R

RBc inlet manifold

Yes it will need modifying to fit the manifold due to the size
  2. GRIM REP3R

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

I'm now parting with the EP3 and will be looking to buy an S2K in the next 8-10 weeks, my question is would it look silly having 'type r' graphics on an s2000 even though I'm a member on here? Also if I do get some where would I put them :confused:
  3. GRIM REP3R

S2000 & NSX what to look for when buying...?

Hi guys, me again... looking to part with the EP3 to pay some existing debts and bank some money then plan to save to get back in a Honda, I'm pretty certain I want to try an S2000 and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a buying guide? I'm aware of issues with the roof...
  4. GRIM REP3R

Newbie- advice on intake and exhuast system

Hi and welcome, i have a supersprint b pipe mated with a spoon n1 backbox, very loud when booting it and quite droney, highly recommend the supersprint but the sportex is pretty good and much much cheaper. Would recommend a typhoon for the aggressive vtec change over although it is prone to...
  5. GRIM REP3R

Just got my Type R, need advise!

Indeed, pain in the ar$e as the bolts had seized but other than that pretty simple job
  6. GRIM REP3R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIIfR421pU this is mine :) there is a thread on here somewhere of all different exhaust sounds, etc I think as soon as you start playing with the exhaust the noise levels will increase, performance enhancement you're probably looking at a full system with decat...
  7. GRIM REP3R

From what I have been told on here, get FRSU (fast road set up), the change in handling, etc is supposed to be night and day compared to standard. Depending on how deep your pockets are you can do alot...a few people tend to change the exhaust, bigger manifold and then remap as a good base and...
  8. GRIM REP3R

new wheels

+1
  9. GRIM REP3R

Heat Shield?

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?75254-Vibration-rattling-noise-at-3-4k-Drive-shaft-heat-shield Don't know if this is of any help?
  10. GRIM REP3R

So my first Honda Civic Type R EP3 :)

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?90291-EP3-OEM-Airbox&p=1187148#post1187148 alot better condition than I remembered :) pm me if interested
  11. GRIM REP3R

Am I just being thick...?

Bummer... I knew I would probably end up manually doing the details but just keep getting "not recognised" or there isn't the Integra option :( might give adrian flux a call later then. Cheers Skelly :)
  12. GRIM REP3R

Am I just being thick...?

Hi guys, Shoot me as many times as you like with this one.... Been looking at Integra's recently so out of curiosity I thought I would check DC5 quotes online. I normally use a random licence plate from an car on ebay, tried a couple of different ones so far and none of the comparison sites...
  13. GRIM REP3R

So my first Honda Civic Type R EP3 :)

I will have one in the 'for sale' section this evening, looking to get rid as hogging up space :)
  14. GRIM REP3R

So I bought the halfords car polisher and here we are . . .

Nice job mate, come out really nice always look at the polishers in Halfords but always been hesitant about buying, might give one a go after seeing your pics, my cosmic could do with a good clean :)
  15. GRIM REP3R

does anyone rate the sportex twin 3inch tail pipe back box ? £179.99 delivered ?

Don't know if this will be of any interest mate... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Civic-Type-R-Exhaust-N1-Spoon-Replica-Backbox-/181194403397?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a30072e45 It's only a replica so I don't know how good it is but the price is pretty good if you're not...
  16. GRIM REP3R

does anyone rate the sportex twin 3inch tail pipe back box ? £179.99 delivered ?

Like I said on my youtube vid....buy a spoon lol
  17. GRIM REP3R

Can someone give me a rough idea...?

With the mods? What are they standard? :eek: I know whp is less than bhp but didn't think it would be too far off Lol only ever experienced that in a mates vxr...wasn't expecting it so came very close to planting the car into a tree Cheers for the info guys, my next question was going to be...
  18. GRIM REP3R

Can someone give me a rough idea...?

Hi guys, Looking for rough figures for the following to see if it is worth doing... currently have: Spoon N1 2.5" Supersprint B-pipe KnN Typhoon with cold air feed Future mods (maybe): rbc manifold dc sports manifold + decat kpro/k100 remap frsu (eventually) what do you guys...
  19. GRIM REP3R

Spoon N1 EP3 - About to sell, what's it worth?

Haha yea we have had less conversations with the neighbours since I fitted the b-pipe! totally agree with Jimbo... Someone will come along wanting to buy it, is it just buy it now or can buyers bid as well?
  20. GRIM REP3R

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

Typhoon Induction finally turned up this evening Removed the Pipercross Kit and got this fitted within 20 mins, took it for a test drive and have to admit there is quite a difference when VTEC kicks in :D very happy chappy!! I know I should have bought a Teg M or Gruppe but at the moment I...
  21. GRIM REP3R

Revamped My Rear Lights!

Seen alot worse. Not my thing, but as mentioned above everything matches. In terms of the work itself...looks pretty clean :)
  22. GRIM REP3R

Hunting on idle?! Ep3 ctr

Great news! Glad the issue is resolved, nice easy fix :)
  23. GRIM REP3R

PMP's Storm Grey S2k...

Really want one of these in the future, very envious lol
  24. GRIM REP3R

Are braided lines worth it?

I do agree but it changed from new pads to a full overhaul at the front haha but it was done this morning and the brakes do feel great :)
  25. GRIM REP3R

Strange Noise From Gearbox or Clutch?? Advice Please

Weight lifted off the shoulders, cheers for help :)
  26. GRIM REP3R

Cheers for the quick reply Loxy No major issues when changing at high or low rpm I have had the odd silly mistake of 'false neutral' but I put it down to user error lol will it do any damage long term or will it literally just be a noise that will get progressively louder?
  27. GRIM REP3R

Hi guys I know this has been asked many times and I have done some reading but various threads have different answers... So.. I pulled into the drive this evening and noticed a very weird noise coming from the front of the car, hard to describe but it is like a rattling/grinding noise it...
  28. GRIM REP3R

EP33BY's - jdm ep3r - new wheels!! pg2

Welcome to TRO! love the JDM EP3's....slightly green eyed lol
  29. GRIM REP3R

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

Cheers pal, slowly getting there :)
  30. GRIM REP3R

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

Bought some parts for the car so thought I would update as it has been quite a while.... Changed the gearbox oil last week with Honda MTF transmission fluid, was told by Honda I needed 4L but stuck to my guns in the dealership and bought 2L...turned out I only used 1.8L....guess they just...
  31. GRIM REP3R

Spoon N1 EP3 - About to sell, what's it worth?

I paid £240 for mine in April second hand, they seem to be fairly sought after so I have no doubt it will sell. How is the standard backbox?
  32. GRIM REP3R

Hunting on idle?! Ep3 ctr

Definitely clean the ICV, had the exact same problem on mine, took it to bits and went mad with some carb cleaner and cotton buds then went for a 30 minute blast...haven't had a problem since :)
  33. GRIM REP3R

Wish I had clocked this before buying lol just bought the discs in the second link I posted
  34. GRIM REP3R

yea I know what you mean, I stumbled across these...seem alot better for a good price http://www.apbrakediscs.co.uk/front-brembo-brake-discs-honda-civic-vii-hatchback-2-0i-16v-type-r-eu-ep-9-01-to-05.html
  35. GRIM REP3R

Would you guys buy these...seem good for the money http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-2-0-TYPE-R-EP3-2001-2005-FRONT-2-BRAKE-DISCS-AND-PADS-SET-NEW-/390270003950?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5adde7aaee
  36. GRIM REP3R

shnit...money I didn't really want to spend right now but necessary evil I guess...I have read on here that people don't rate grooved discs much :confused:
  37. GRIM REP3R

So, I've bought everything needed just waiting for it to all turn up DS2500 Ferodo Pads ✓ HEL Performance Braided Lines ✓ 1.5L Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid ✓ I've found a garage near me that is pretty reliable and reckons the job can be done in half an hour at £24+vat for 30 mins which I think is...
  38. GRIM REP3R

EP3 Spares

http://royalsteeringwheels.com/honda/
  39. GRIM REP3R

EP3 Spares

Ebay has been a big aid for me but also a curse lol all the parts i've bought for my EP3 have been through ebay and i have had no problems so far, good bargains, you just need to be on there at the right time.Also, keep an eye on the For Sale section on here, good items come up often but dont...
  40. GRIM REP3R

Which exhaust to get for my fn2

martelius... :D
  41. GRIM REP3R

REPLACING GEARBOX OIL CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM?

Hopefully arrive in the morning, you will have to excuse the state of the car it is a "work in progress" at the moment lol i.e. bumper, broken bonnet release, mats, etc but it does what it was built to do so im happy :-) im going to get all the parts together and hopefully do it all in one hit...
  42. GRIM REP3R

Did you get points or just a fine? Ive just bought a typhoon induction as the pipercross is crap but other than that i dont know i would like to turbo or supercharge but it is an expensive bit of kit, i'm thinking about a manifold and maybe a remap to squeeze what I can but i doubt it will be...
  43. GRIM REP3R

No i just sold it to another user on here lol we tested mine with an app (not very accurate i know but good guideline) got 103db all declared to insurance, there is the minority of coppers that love their job too much and will slap you with a ticket but fortunately i havent come across one yet...
  44. GRIM REP3R

nah I went unsilenced supersprint....you will hear it Sunday, bring some ear plugs lol do they last very long compared to OEM? Awesome! will see you there
  45. GRIM REP3R

I sorted one problem to be left with another... thought my bonnet catch was stuck so I tried loosening it using the bonnet pull in the footwell and snapped the dam thing clean off ](*,) going to try epoxy resin as I would like to avoid paying £30 for a new cable + the ball ache of fitting it, on...
  46. GRIM REP3R

Mine didn't look too pleasant either, have no receipts of it being done in the past so at least it is something to tick off the list. I got to about 1.8L and then it started leaking out of the fill hole
  47. GRIM REP3R

HELP.....

Hi guys, Replaced my gearbox oil this evening, running silky smooth however... I broke the bonnet release :mad: Can someone tell me if there is an easy fix or am I going to need to replace the whole cable? If so, how much of a PITA of a job is it? Here is the bonnet pull.. Cheers in advance
  48. GRIM REP3R

The hel performance were £40 inc postage brand new from ebay, really nice guy think i got a good bargain :-)
  49. GRIM REP3R

thought I would update, took the plunge and now have red HEL performance brake lines on the way get paid tomorrow so will order some DS2500's. With regards to the brake fluid is there anything specific I should look at or can I use this from good ole halfrauds...
  50. GRIM REP3R

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Great looking car in the best colour IMO ;)
  51. GRIM REP3R

I think I will do the pads myself and maybe see if i can find a friend of a friend to sort the lines
  52. GRIM REP3R

I know this has probably been asked but is it a simple DIY job to replace the brake lines, only reason I ask is obviously brakes are one of the most important parts and I'm a bit of a novice but if I would prefer to save on labour costs where I can
  53. GRIM REP3R

Hi guys, I'm going to be fitting DS2500 pads shortly as my current OEM ones are running low according to my recent MOT. I was wondering whether it's worth buying some braided brake lines? I use my EP3 as a daily driver covering approx 150-175 miles a week mixed driving, I don't plan on taking...
  54. GRIM REP3R

premier or no premier

I think it is dependent on alot of factors i.e. mileage, history, condition, etc sucks that you cant go private as you would most probably get more for yours than going px :( like grumpy said you should really take out both and see whether you can live without the premier features :)
  55. GRIM REP3R

premier or no premier

I would say go for the premier if you can even though ive only got a standard ep3, unfortunately my budget couldnt stretch far enough and I am still kicking myself...even considered selling mine for a cosmic premier lol. There isnt much difference between them but like you say premier will...
  56. GRIM REP3R

Cheers bud will get cracking with it soon :)
  57. GRIM REP3R

Hi guys planning on changing my gearbox oil at some point over the next fortnight and I just wanted to confirm the gearbox capacity, I know it has been mentioned in other threads and from reading I thought it was 1.7L however I just went to my local Honda dealer and they told me 3-3.5L...
  58. GRIM REP3R

What exhaust do you have on your Ep3?

Sounds awesome, hearing yours and a few others has kicked me into changing my filter, pipercross are crap I love the aggressive VTEC change over
  59. GRIM REP3R

That looks very similar to my supersprint to be honest however where your pipe bends it does look quite low :-s silly question maybe but have you got the centre exhaust mount? I havent been over any bumps so dont know if mine would scrape
  60. GRIM REP3R

Worth buying?

If I were to give this a miss, would I see any gains from having it remapped as it is? full mods are; S/S B pipe, Spoon N1 & Pipercross Induction kit I can handle a loud car and at the moment it is at a reasonable level IMO...6th gear at 30-40 and you can't hear anything but I definitely don't...
  61. GRIM REP3R

Worth buying?

I've already got a Spoon N1 and Supersprint B-pipe so I'm looking to continue with the exhaust but wanted to know what you guys thought of this...
  62. GRIM REP3R

EP3 - EXHAUST HELP NEEDED

That's what I'm running... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIIfR421pU First thing in the morning is a bit of a PITA but after work....love it... highly recommend supersprint
  63. GRIM REP3R

Mine done the same, came to the MOT and the centre section was just falling to pieces fortunately I had bought a supersprint mid pipe, absolute PITA to get off as the bolts had rounded off, etc ebay it or flog it on here, bit of cash in your pocket ;) exhaust looks good on the car, looking...
  64. GRIM REP3R

One thing left to do now then.....get a video up :D
  65. GRIM REP3R

Exhaust sounds/videos

Pipercross Viper Induction Kit + Supersprint B pipe + Genuine Spoon N1 Backbox Loud when you put your foot down but not so bad when cruising http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIIfR421pU
  66. GRIM REP3R

New Insurance Premium....22yo w/ 6YR NCB good deal or..?

Seems like I got a good deal for another year :) I have been with Admiral since I passed and they have always been pretty good both with premiums and over the phone so until that stops I think I will stay with them :) cheers for the info. Simple answer really...I was led to believe that this...
  67. GRIM REP3R

What sort of things do you offer?
  68. GRIM REP3R

Hi guys Just got this years quote of £900.76 2004 Type R EP3 with Spoon N1, Supersprint B pipe and Pipercross Induction Kit modifications declared. 6 Years NCB with Admiral bonus accelerator scheme 22 years old No speeding offenses, accidents etc For what I have at my age I don't think £90...
  69. GRIM REP3R

I got a spoon N1 + Supersprint B pipe...loud but love it... vids on youtube :) been away for a fortnight cant wait to go out later ;)
  70. GRIM REP3R

Sorry for the repetitive question...just need a yes/no

Cheers bud, sounds much better in the flesh :)
  71. GRIM REP3R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIIfR421pU&feature=youtu.be here you go mate, finally uploaded this morning
  72. GRIM REP3R

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

As promised guys... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIIfR421pU&feature=youtu.be Please excuse the shakey camera my other half couldn't keep still
  73. GRIM REP3R

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

Video was 90 mins into upload and had 10% to go and my laptop died...furious is an understatement lol I will restart upload tomorrow when in work as they have better internet connection lol
  74. GRIM REP3R

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

Been a while since I've added anything to the car... MOT last week so wanted to hold off, few advisories which were; Front brake pads wearing thin Centre section exhaust flange deteriorated Front Tyres 3mm Rear O/S tyre 2mm So nothing major but either way need doing.. I planned on changing the...
  75. GRIM REP3R

no probs, done a vid of the cabin going to do a cold start and drive by today and hopefully have it uploaded later this afternoon :)
  76. GRIM REP3R

It is MUCH louder than the OEM b-pipe + spoon n1 backbox that I had before lol it got alot of attention last night when I road tested it, poor weather at the min but I will defo get a vid posted soon, cabin noise is ok until you put your foot down then it gets loud but I can live with it :-) I...
  77. GRIM REP3R

Exhaust - deep or raspy!

I like a proper jap sounding car which I still cant properly describe but to me, what comes very close, is the 350z or Han's veilside RX-7 in Tokyo Drift...they both sound amazing! I agree with the others a burbly deep tone is more for scoobys, etc saying that I've heard some type r's that sound...
  78. GRIM REP3R

So overjoyed to be greeted by this...

Nah not yet mate MOT had a few advisories so sorting those first, just bought a supersprint b pipe hoping to fit today or tomorrow :)
  79. GRIM REP3R

Cheers just wanted to confirm before buying, I couldn't believe the difference :eek: Hopefully the exhaust will arrive this weekend, can't wait to hear it :D
  80. GRIM REP3R

Hi I've just bought a Supersprint B-pipe and I'm looking at replacing both the front and rear gaskets when I fit the b pipe; my question is... Are the standard OEM gaskets enough? I currently have a standard system with an N1 backbox I've been quoted £2.87 for both from motofacts as opposed...
  81. GRIM REP3R

Skunk2 Gear knobs cheap on eBay!

Just an update...seems the seller has increased the price to around £14 but still a good price. Only issue after owning it for about 5 weeks is the colour seems to have faded slightly but the car is in the sun quite alot other than that no complaints :)
  82. GRIM REP3R

THE MOT...

I will give that a look cheers! Will order the sportex this week i think then the pads after my holiday, the tyres are fine for now will change them before winter, thinking of doing the pads myself...easy job?
  83. GRIM REP3R

THE MOT...

So the EP3 went in for the MOT this morning and passed but not without some advisories... Front brake pad(s) wearing thin Offside front, nearside front and offside rear tyres at 3mm Nearside rear tyre at 2mm Centre exhaust section rear flange deteriorated I planned on buying a sportex b...
  84. GRIM REP3R

Cosmic caliper colour?

I've got a cosmic and did mine in red caliper paint from halfords, IMO I think that is the best colour for CG as they blend well with the badges like biff mentioned, I think the reason I like it so much is even when the car is filthy they still look clean lol
  85. GRIM REP3R

Spoon n1 rep

To my knowledge, to see any real gains you would need to change alot more than just the backbox i.e. I believe the b-pipe is the more restrictive part of the system then obviously you have the cat, etc. I'm not sure on the maximum power the OEM system can take I would imagine around the 280-300...
  86. GRIM REP3R

S2000 & NSX Opinions on S2000?

I will admit I expected a bit more but still...would rather not part with £600 for a roof
  87. GRIM REP3R

update on my cosmic ep3 :) (pic heavy)

awesome job on the dash, I've been looking around for colour ideas and considered cosmic grey but wanted to know what it looked like.... I may have to copy :D
  88. GRIM REP3R

Spoon n1 rep

I'm running a standard exhaust system but a Genuine Spoon N1 backbox and it's not too bad, bit droney but I don't mind it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIIiERpgxgY
  89. GRIM REP3R

Yea quotes aren't too bad to be honest, only 22 but 6 years ncb with admiral bonus accelerator has helped lol looking around £1000-1100 which in my current position is pretty good. There is only me and my other half and she has a little C1 (soon to be KA) that I'm insured on so the S2k...
  90. GRIM REP3R

Hi guys Just looking for advice/opinions, experiences, etc I'm toying with the idea of getting an S2000, don't get me wrong I love my EP3 and will struggle to part with it but I have always had a keen eye for S2k's since I passed my driving test and always saw it as a car that I will always...
  91. GRIM REP3R

Wonder how the boys in blue will take this...

So I stumbled across this on ebay for 99p and after seeing it before I thought I might as well buy it....looking forward to the next time I'm stopped :D
  92. GRIM REP3R

£150 + vat from Spray n go so depending on the outcome of the MOT on Monday :| Will get it done either before or after my holiday :)
  93. GRIM REP3R

Will give them a call tomorrow cheers mate the quote mentioned before was for red rocket near jesters in yarmouth :-)
  94. GRIM REP3R

just an update.... £180+vat for full repair....was bidding on a bumper on ebay but £285 with 5 days remaining is just too much, MOT on Monday.. My bank balance is just crying at the moment :(
  95. GRIM REP3R

Supersprint or Sportex B-pipe??

I'll take it lol I'm off to Mexico on the 26th for a fortnight so either before or after whichever is best for you :) Is it true you have to grind part of it to fit?
  96. GRIM REP3R

Supersprint or Sportex B-pipe??

Hi Just wondering what you guys thought was better?? I'm looking at a supersprint at the moment but I've also found a sportex pipe for half the price...is it worth paying double?? I'm after a jap sound without the really "nails-in-a-tin" raspy sound, I've found these two vids on youtube but...
  97. GRIM REP3R

ICV...?

Just an update guys, finally done the icv...the tubing took some effort but finally came off ****ing coolant everywhere lol after an hour of cleaning and putting back together I took the car for a good run and it seems to have solved the problem :D nice to have a normal running car again
Back