• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Spike85

Fn2 Exhaust manifold - CPL

Have just picked one up Second Hand for £230 , seemed a good price and a good modification. Before fitting Should I heat wrap it or are they fine left as they are. Also are any engine mount upgrades require. The lad who had it had no issues without them but have read else where there...
  2. Spike85

FN2 Fn2 Dyno results

Is there a consistency with Dyno results on the Fn2's and different tuners/Dynos Went for a remap/Tune yesterday but due to flashpro issues it never happened. The car in the first run pulled 203bhp. With a 2.5" exhaust and intake Mods I expected a little better. The Tuner told me that...
  3. Spike85

FN2 Tuning shop by me in Holland

Working in holland and there's a shop I pass everyday so checked it online last night and they stick some nice stuff for the type Rs Might get myself a D1 Spec oil cap and radiator cap while I'm here for a little engine Bling Here's the website if anyone's interested...
  4. Spike85

Just got myself Flashpro - Fn2

Decided to take a punt after reading so many good reviews. Just looking to make the car More enjoyable and drivable. Only got the custom exhaust as far as engine Mods so not looking for huge increases. But with Hondata and the exhaust would Around 215-220bhp be achivelable with a better low...
  5. Spike85

FN2 Any idea what clips i need ( Picture Inside )

need two of these clips if anyone knows the size or exact Clip i need. Lings honda are roughly £5 a clip but no real Info. Thank you free image hostcertificity.com
  6. Spike85

Bedding in brakes. Steady or Heavy?

Fitted my Brembo discs today and Ns400 pads. just been down the road and back to make sure everything works as it should. tomorrow i can either drive steady on the way to work or have plenty of quiet roads to Bed in. Ive done loads of reading up, pages after pages. but there isn't a straight...
  7. Spike85

FN2 Anyone with Spare wheels for a refurbishment Job

Looking to get my Fn2 wheels refurbished. Lad by me does them and a good job but he needs the rims alone. Im looking to borrow a set for a few days if possible or even a week at the most. The lad has no facility for tyre removal so this is really my only option. At least I can use The car if...
  8. Spike85

Fn2 Oem Brakes or Others

Front brakes are squeeling, cleaned thoroughly and checked sliders and all is free and in good condition. Regreased and the slight squeels Back. discs have a slight lip and the pads are 2/3rds worn so a few miles yet but going to replace ready for winter. Not sure what make They currently are...
  9. Spike85

fn2 lowering advice

Hi all Got my -15mm Progressive Eibach springs Ready to fit, doing it at my mates garage as its convenient and free. also have the front camber bolts, and new drop links. Problem is he only has a basic wheel alignment set up. Im happy to get it adjusted afterwards elsewhere as a few garages...
  10. Spike85

Custom Type R Owners Wax

Hi All Just wondering for those into car detailing or maintaining the look of there Type R, if anyone is interested in speaking to a few of the wax companies over on detailing world and see if we could get a Custom car Wax. Get a custom Name or keep it Simple Like Type R or VTEC. get a custom...
  11. Spike85

Best spray grease for Fn2 rear suspension

Noticed today my rear passenger side suspension squeaks slightly. I see there's a fix with a jig and lubricant but can't find the grease to use. Or will any Lithium based spray grease work. What do people use otherwise. Or how much will it cost to drop it into Honda to do. would like to do it...
  12. Spike85

Removing scratches From Fn2 Speedometer Screen

After mine had a few scratches and I tried to clean them out and made it 10x worse I decided to do it properly. Doing this will remove the Anti- Glare ( Purple tint ) if you don't want to then don't follow this method. Due to the cost to replace the screen and looking Awful I went ahead and...
  13. Spike85

FN2 Speedo removal

is there a how-to for this. Ive noticed my screen is scratched and been reading up people remove the anti glare film to remove them all and has no massive impact. Having OCD i would like mine sorted. So some scratch X or plasti X should do it. Any help would be appreciated :)
  14. Spike85

FN2 Fn2 roof rust - warranty or Just sort it independently

this has been covered loads but its not about the rust but how to successfully claim. I have a small amount of rust on the common seal issue on the roof. no door or boot rust issues at all. it is minor but want it sorted before the winter ideally. I've read all about it, the seal being to hard...
  15. Spike85

Civic Type R #2 Fn2 GT :)

Well its been a day of mixed emotions. Said goodbye to the Stunning Ep3 Been a cracking car and will miss it. But will see it every week and will be the cars detailer and servicer so will get the odd drive :) Now after visiting a few Fn2s and not being happy with the overall condition i...
  16. Spike85

FN2 Been looking at Fn2's but dc2s keep calling me over

My car is pretty much sold. Got it for another month then it will be going. Been offerd an Fn2 through a family friend. 2007 with FSH and only 52000 on the clock. Not sure on price yet but it will be cheaper than most. Very very intersted but I'm at the point where I have the money for a nice...
  17. Spike85

FN2 FN2's have come down in price :)

At the end of July early Aug I will be on the hunt for a nice Fn2 , red or black not sure yet. Going to try limit myself to around 5k so I have some left to play with on a few little mods and maintaince. seen loads for sale listed as really good example with FSH and so on for under 5k some...
  18. Spike85

Ep3 clutch pedal click + Video

Found this video while searching for an anwser http://youtu.be/xq1jK4mzkVw mine does this but not as bad as the one in the video , anyone had a cure for this. ive spayed some Wd40 lubricant stuff in there and a little grease bit makes little or no difference Thank you
  19. Spike85

Rear passenger side brake sounds like it's clunking under light braking

With the windows down at low speeds if I tap the brake or apply the handbrake lightly there is a clunk. Like loose brake pads within the calliper. There about 12 months old and never done it before until the last week. Is this common with possibly worn parts or could it be some crap stuck on...
  20. Spike85

EP3 ep3 mugen showa Suspension

never heard of this set up before. were they fitted to jdm models or are they an upgrade. Cheer guys
  21. Spike85

Will this be ok for my first DA polisher

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Deltalyo-Kestrel-500w-Electric-Polisher-Sander-Buffer-Car-Polishing-Foam-Pads-/381199669129?hash=item58c1455789:g:RtoAAOSwPhdVDAMv only up the road from me if anything happens to it , seems a good price Thank you
  22. Spike85

Recommend Wheel Nuts and Lockers

Had my wheels recently refurbished and would like to replace me tatty wheel nuts I have read up and know I need radius/ball type Nuts or the adapters if using Tapers. So I can buy something like this off eBay and get some tewiga converters or if there's a decent set that come standard with...
  23. Spike85

Getting side skirt painted/repaired

Just noticed some one or something has caught the car , looks like a bike pedal or something has caught it ( w*****s) would you tackle this yourself or get it done by a Pro or just buy a side skirt off eBay , thank you
  24. Spike85

Ep3 Excessive Rear camber

Had the car tracking fully checked today on a 3D machine. All the settings are within limit apart from the rear camber. Running standard suspension and ride height. Would it be advisable to get rear adjustment arms and bring it back to around -1 negative camber instead of -2 . Had no wear on...
  25. Spike85

Ep3 front fog light plastic Blanks

Has anyone managed to get universal Fog lights or daytime running lights to fit the Oval Blanks in the facelift bumper I want a set of fog light housings to fit. Not fussed if they work as they look a lot better than the plastic blanks. Light Tinted blue ones. Searched oval fog lights or...
  26. Spike85

EP3 Solid shifter bush Sizes , making my own

Hi all I've got access to a good machine shop and want to make some shifter bushes. Will test them on our track car to see how they go. got all the material needed and machines. Just after any sizes or measurements. Nothing to do with cost but more of a LIKE TO HAVE A GO. Any help or sizes...
  27. Spike85

Would you paint or powder coat ARB's on EP3

Got a set from a lad breaking an ep3 , want them doing red just for looks nothing else. Would powder coat withstand the crap of the road better then hammerite paint for example thank you
  28. Spike85

Aluminium Centre Caps for Ep3 wheels

Do they excist ? I'm getting me wheels powder coated and they can't do the Cops due to being plastic I'm going for a black chrome sort of colour but worried about the paint match if I spray them myself. hes happy to do the caps the same time if I can get metal ones. Or could a decent paint...
  29. Spike85

Which is the correct way to fit these Bolts/Springs Cat to Manifold EP3

took my cat off today but the bolts sheared. I have new ones to go back on but not sure it looks right. i don't remember seeing washers when i stripped it, but the bolts go straight through the holes on the cat Like the pictures. Should i add a washer or is this normal. Without washer the...
  30. Spike85

Ep3 Cat Exhaust Nuts , Pitch Size

Hi All Are the nuts on the Cat standard m10 or are they a different pitch. Ive got a set off copper plated and stainless m10s so hoping the civics use the same and not a funny Pitch Thank you
  31. Spike85

Super street exhausts and JPerformance

Are these company's linked at all as exhausts are the same and roughly the same price orderd one through JPerfomance with the discount and a Super Street turned up , quality looks good for the price , will keep me going until next year just wonderd if anyone else has had the same
  32. Spike85

EP3 Getting car undersealed Self/garage

Got car tracked yesterday and noticed the underside could do with a freshen up, be nice to get it undersealed. Never done it before or ever had it done on any car I've had is it easy enough to do? best product to use? garage in Shropshire that does it? Anyone on here want to do it? Please and...
  33. Spike85

Cheap short shift kits on Ebay

Anyone tried the 20pound Kits http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-EP3-2000-2005-short-quick-shift-shifter-adapter-Type-R-S-Si-TypeR-/181522471805?nav=SEARCH i like the look of the ADD ones similar to Tegiwa and Nuespeed , they seem fairly simple to fit. Dont fancy paying 75 for Tegiwas version...
  34. Spike85

Total closure kits available for the EP3

I used to have this on my old Astra Coupe, was a brilliant feature if you'd left the windows down by mistake. i no its not much hassle to open the car and put them up but this made it even easier. Just wonder if its been done or can be done Thank you ( using the current key Fob )
  35. Spike85

EP3 Recall for certain Hondas with airbag Faults

been told theres a recall of certain civics and accords with faulty passenger airbags, has anyone received a letter from honda yet.
  36. Spike85

Custom made weighted Gear Knob

Decided to give it ago. Made from mild steel for the proto type , weighs 420grams , standard thread up the middle. here's the first pics, will be polished and finished later img host free photo upload pic host Any comments or tips welcome
  37. Spike85

Rocker Cover Breather - Anything to worry about

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/Stoney-Racing-Breather-Filter-18mm-Neck-Red-Mini-Air-Vent-Oil-Crankcase-Rocker/181667586856?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211130857%26meid%3D9cb406abd0a748b1946ee3060e7fecbd%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D77418477729...
  38. Spike85

Sportex centre section or this one off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-EP3-TYPE-R-K20-STAINLESS-EXHAUST-CENTER-SECTION-60MM-/281726306922?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4198324a6a Heard the Sportex ones are ok for the money , has anyone tried this one , stainless so should last longer. have a M2 Backbox but going to sell that...
  39. Spike85

Genuine Honda R Front brake pads on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291470329712?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Seems cheap as they come with bolts and shims , My pagid ones are rattling and squeaking so going to fit proper honda ones instead. Anyone bought from this seller .Thank you
  40. Spike85

basic wheel refurbishment - Standard Ep3 wheel colour

I'm looking to do my own wheels as many have. Curbing isn't overly bad but will need a few bits of filler i would say and smoothing back in other areas. So Could i get away with rub them all down. ( 320-2000 grit ) filler the affected areas and rub back down. apply primer to the areas I've...
  41. Spike85

Still getting little knocking noises from the Front.

Recently replaced drop links and ARB Bushes on the front but still on rough roads and bumps theres a faint knock. Could this be in the steering rack at all as it can be felt through the wheel ever so lightly. normal smooth roads its perfect and silent. no knocking or creaking from steering any...
  42. Spike85

Cleaning Combinations , polish,wax,Sealant and reccomendations

looking to give the car a good polish/waxing for the summer :) I have some Auto Finesse tripple as an all in one type Polish/wax, does a really nice job and easy to work with. but looking to seal it in for a longer lasting shine. Could i use the Tipple followed by Collinite 476, read good...
  43. Spike85

brakes knocking at low speeds.

my brakes a banging/knocking at low speeds, could this be due to the pad loose in the carrier, is it worth bending the rattle plates slightly to tighten them up as they did seem a nice loose fit, replaced drop links and doing ARB bushes today so prob worth a strip while I'm working.
  44. Spike85

replacing front anti roll bar bushes - 2005 Type R

Are these a simple on/off job, Im slowly replacing worn bushes and links. got a set of drive on ramps so hoping i can pull it on, remove and fit the new ones and good to go without any special requirments or tooling. Thank you ive read to Copper grease the new bushes to reduce creaking and...
  45. Spike85

Shotgun Shell Wheel Nut Covers - Temporary Fit

Got some free shotgun shells and see a mod where there put over the Wheel nuts and on certain cars they looked fairly good. Thought id give it go and heres the results. Haven't fitted the 5th as i would need to remove the lock Nut to modify the shell. upload pictures free image hosting...
  46. Spike85

Service Torque settings

I've managed to find a few by searching but would like a few more if anyone has any info wheels 80lbs Ft Spark Plugs 13lbs ft Gearbox Drain 29lbs Ft Gearbox Fill 33lbs ft Front Drop Link Nuts 29lbs Ft Coil Pack ? Engine Sump Plug ? brake Carriers ? brake callipers ? those four would be a...
  47. Spike85

Nippon Air filters - Japan OEM - Type R

Oem Japan Nippon Air filter http://japserviceparts.co.uk/civic/honda-civic-ep3-type-r-01-on/air-oil-fuel-filters/air-filters/oem-japan-nippon-micro-air-filter-honda-civic-type-r-ep3-k20a2-2001-2006.html any body tried these, says there oem quality which is normally a good sign
  48. Spike85

3M Headlight Restoration Kit & Results

Decided to give it ago as the headlights needed some love, it comes with a drill attachment velcro pad and various grades, 500,800,3000, Polishing mop and compound, once i taped around the edges i got to work heres the before during and after, took loads but narrowed it down. Before ...
  49. Spike85

New Tyres Fitted today - Do they look right ( Yokohama's)

Had four new yokohama blue earths fitted today, correct size 205/45 R17 same as came off, but these seem to leave the wheel exposed more. I've emailed yokohama to see if this looks right, any other thoughts, even the lad fitting them commented on how they sat, thank you
  50. Spike85

My Cosmic Grey Premier Edition Type R

Hi all, heres my Recent Purchase 2005 Cosmic grey Premier Edition Honda Civic Type R , 93000 miles , FSH its been well looked after, 3 owner from new, Never been modded in anyway. I plan to keep that theme going and just keep it maintained and well serviced. It also has a bluetooth system...
  51. Spike85

Gearbox/Engine Noises and Characteristics

Hi All , Had my typre R a few weeks now so just trying to get to no more about them. Was a light knock on the rear which was the drop links which is now sorted. next job is to remove the light rattles, Going to check all the suspect ones ive read about on here, Manifold covers, drive shaft cover...
  52. Spike85

Options/Upgrades without changing the standard Head-unit

Hi all , Im looking to either use my iPhone or Usb stick to play music in the car, is there a simple upgrade to convert the standard setup to be able to acomadate this...
Back