• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. FrankstaH

Hatchet Harry's NHB EP3 Type-R

Fair play Harry mate. Really liking your car - the little things are adding up. You also done a good job on the bonnet son. Keep it up. See you soon
  2. FrankstaH

Will I be insured? or have Admiral got it wrong? (Ep3)

admiral are a great insurance company. I underwrite at an insurance company but still am with admiral :-)
  3. FrankstaH

Milltek fn2?

I've got a Milltek non res with a CPL Racing exhaust manifold - i also ran the milltek on its own before i had the race manifold fitted Before the race manifold the Milltek is ALOT nicer than standard, but it's really not too loud. It just sounds quite deep and burbles as you down change etc...
  4. FrankstaH

** NEW OEM STYLE BACKBOX ** WITH VIDEO!

looks awesome, post vid of the noise
  5. FrankstaH

what RON is texaco super unleaded

I always use Tesco momentum, Shell Vpower or if deseperate BP Ultimate. My car is mapped to high ron though so i have no choice;<
  6. FrankstaH

£1500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day light robbery!!
  7. FrankstaH

R8byb

I had a unsilenced b pipe on my old ep3 - was really nice. Lots of pops and raspy noise. As for gains i'm unsure mate ;(
  8. FrankstaH

My Milano FN2 GT (second type-r)

ha ha all will be revealed next monday mate!
  9. FrankstaH

Accord Type R owner here

I've never been in an accord :( looks nice mate !
  10. FrankstaH

My 08 Milano FN2

Car looks lovely mate I've had both a Milano EP3 and a Milano FN2. If your looking for an upgrade in bulbs i would highly recommend mr JP bulbs :) great value, great customer service!
  11. FrankstaH

My 08 Milano FN2

I've got the most powerful bulbs JP sells - 8000w, really good value for money and its really nice driving at night time. Also not one single person has flashed me yet (so they can't be unbaringly bright?)
  12. FrankstaH

that's why i got rid of the rages mate - i didnt think they suited the car. These ones look the shi* in my opinion!
  13. FrankstaH

Any young CTR drivers?

I've been insured on a type-r, full comp in my own name since i was 20! Paid £1300 in my own name fully comp with mum and uncle underneath me Second year (was 21) i paid £800 this year (22) i paid £700 :)
  14. FrankstaH

Just thought i'd drop some up to date pictures of my car. Got rid of the Rage alloys as i prefer the OEM ones!! Few mods since last post - mostly performance
  15. FrankstaH

Horrible tapping/clicking noise from behind steering column (FN2 GT)

it doesn't sound like a creaking etc... it's more of an electric noise like a fuse is popping or something... as my cruise control doesn't work i'm assuming it's something to do with that. Anyhow i will get it all sorted under the warranty which is fine.
  16. FrankstaH

yes mate, it doesnt really feel like its doing it at low speeds... i'll give that a try but it does sound kinda electrical! and Dotty it was a dealer (Peugeot dealership) so i got 3 months warranty with the car
  17. FrankstaH

Just bought my 58 plate FN2 GT, in the test drive the noise wasn't apparent, however i've noticed that when driving along there is a clicking noise coming from the steering wheel / dash area... it sounds like a computer mouse is being clicked extremely fast and my girlfriend described it as...
  18. FrankstaH

Just traded my ep3 in for a 58 plate FN2 GT w/ rage alloys!

Getting her on friday afternoon! im actually excited can't stop smiling! Sat in it today when i signed the paperwork... literally so comfortable inside... leagues above the ep3 with comfort/styling (in my opinion)
  19. FrankstaH

My Milano Red Type R

cool dude. Whatever you do good luck and its a really nice car.. im gonna miss mine as per wednesday lol
  20. FrankstaH

My Milano Red Type R

It looks really nice mate; from what i can see you don't have the paint fading problem that i experienced when i bought my milano ep3! make sure you look after it, looks awesome
  21. FrankstaH

aha i was wondering if you'd comment... i'll definately be coming to you for advice if i need anything :)
  22. FrankstaH

Hi guys! Just traded in my Milano Ep3 for a Milano FN2 GT :D Absolutely love it, picking the car up on wednesday!... The FN2 has 1 prev owner and 24k on the clock! Pics of the new car! what first??? I don't know haha, i think maybe i'm going to fit a new exhaust system :D glad that im...
  23. FrankstaH

Ever seen one of these?

To be honest mate it's just going to be just like any other open cone filter... if you want noise & heatsoak then i guess it'll do the job!
  24. FrankstaH

bit of advice with remapping please

make me laugh sonny
  25. FrankstaH

Tegiwa kit for EP3 is amazing (Gruppe M is better)

Nice dude :) thanks for letting us know ; i'm getting one myself too, so its good to get some re-assurance ha ha; how much did you pay? Hertford btw, i live quite close ha ha
  26. FrankstaH

bit of advice with remapping please

You should go for an RBC inlet if im not mistaken and DC Sports manifold; you could probably pick both up for near £500 second hand if your lucky. I'm not too sure on the decat part myself... I mean obviously it's a bit of hassle to swap it over for every MOT but im sure the results will be alot...
  27. FrankstaH

Another one of my questions & opinions!

hahaha *hand over face*
  28. FrankstaH

Whats an FRSU btw? Front Rear Suspension??
  29. FrankstaH

I couldn't agree more, like i've previously said its the "fuss" made about going fast - its kinda weird!
  30. FrankstaH

Right guys i'm not entirely sure if this is the right section but... I've had my car for a few months now - When i first got the car (after 4 years of wanting one) I was extremely happy with the speed of the car, especially in the vtec crossover... But i remember being disappointed hugely with...
  31. FrankstaH

Choosing which induction kit to go for....

Unless your going for a GruppeM/Tegiwa maybe an ARC don't bother. I recently took off my AEM V2 and the car is running SO MUCH nicer with the OEM airbox:eek:
  32. FrankstaH

Pipewerx [Fitted + Pics]

does it pop? How much for just the backbox? it does look very nice
  33. FrankstaH

K&N Typhoon...? Any good? Better with raised bonnet?

Nope its ***** - sorry :(
  34. FrankstaH

Someone's flicked paint over the rear end of my car

I've used some spirits and rubbed it down and alot of the paint has removed, however i don't think its doing the painwork any favours. Can't believe this has happened lol.. defnately need to get my car wrapped now! cheers for the help guys
  35. FrankstaH

HEATSOAK in hot weather!!

after writing this ive just gone and put my oem airbox back on haha ; FOOOOK HEATSOAK IN ITS BUM
  36. FrankstaH

HEATSOAK in hot weather!!

AEM CAI is the best option for money, however i'd go back to the OEM box personally; i'm running an AEM V2 and its pretty awful. I kinda need to put the OEM back on but i don't have the time at present.
  37. FrankstaH

jealous people make me laugh! Wish i knew who it was, i really do!
  38. FrankstaH

:eek: As above, i've got loads of blotches of green paint on my car. I took it to get it washed and they couldn't get the paint off. I'm very cautious as i don't want to damage my paintwork but what is the best way i can "scrape / clean" off the blotches. They're around 20+ blotches of green...
  39. FrankstaH

S2k manifold on fn2??

The fountain of knowledge known as loxy strikes again! love this guy :lol:
  40. FrankstaH

Japspeed Impreza Drift Car Stolen from Santa Pod 11/06/11

To be fair i didn't know whether to cringe or laugh in pity that someone covered 500 miles looking for it? - Thats just ultra fanboy; yes its a shame it happened, there was obviously some sort of mistake on their end for them to let two little kids steal it though... I guess they just used their...
  41. FrankstaH

Supersprint B pipe

I too, was going to do it myself - but all the bolts were completely foooked! I took it to a garage in the end and total job cost me £20 (very cheap) - A gasket is cheap like i said so buy one before and take it with you! You will more than likely need the bolts cut off or if not soak them with...
  42. FrankstaH

Supersprint B pipe

When putting the b-pipe onto my OEM backbox it was clear i needed a new gasket; It depens really on how worn the one currently is... I haven't replaced the gasket yet my friend just covered it - A gasket only costs a couple of quid i think; if you take it to the garage when getting your b-pipe...
  43. FrankstaH

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I think that due to my 20 miles of travel a day being literally stop start stop start with a 2 miles stretch of 60 road, i think thats why i consume so much; its a horrible route i have to take to work. If it was just a nice casual 10 mile trip without stop start stop start i think id last a...
  44. FrankstaH

Supersprint B pipe

I like loud! - But seriously i have unsilenced 2.5" and its only too loud when you drive that way, it gizzles a little fizzle under 4k revs but nothing too extreme
  45. FrankstaH

Insurers having my pants down!

i'm 21, 0 years NCB and i pay £810 a year full comp in my name with my mum and uncle as named drivers!
  46. FrankstaH

Supersprint B pipe

haha i'm going to give the unsilenced b-pipe a go with a Spoon N1 or a Buddyclub spec 3, i know the noise will be loud but i feel like i have to live the dream (for a while at least)
  47. FrankstaH

Right so a full tank lasted me until now; i got 237 miles from a full tank... i'd say the first 150 miles i drove sensibly... but then the weekend came and i had to take it to the a-roads for a while... i'm not too unhappy with the results, i was using **** petrol aswell.. i think if i used...
  48. FrankstaH

Supersprint B pipe

I've got a 2.5" R8BYB pipe on standard backbox and it sounds filfthy nice! Supersprint are good pipes aswell but for the price you pay i don't think they're as good as R8BYB's pipes - check this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBpJDip4mcc
  49. FrankstaH

S2000 & NSX S2000 general tuneability ??

I'm not generally chasing big numbers... id say 350 bhp would do me fine lol... i've heard NA im not going to get more than 300... I wouldn't mind getting it mapped etc and then getting a SC, but im not looking for a car thats going to be a weekend car... i will be using it every day for work...
  50. FrankstaH

S2000 & NSX S2000 general tuneability ??

Hi guys, I always wanted an ep3; however ever since i got one i've fallen for the s2k. I just got a nice promotion at work so i think within a year or so i'm going to part chop my car and pay the difference for a newer model s2k. I was just wondering what the general tuning for them is like...
  51. FrankstaH

14 DAY CANCELLATION WARNING - sky insurance :(

The ombudsman will cost them £500 to launch their investigation so i doubt they will refuse to re-imburse you £125 :p
  52. FrankstaH

Induction Kit For FN2

If you need to know anything about FN2's loxy is your guy lol
  53. FrankstaH

currently on 134miles - just gone past half a tank :D hoping to make it stretch til next wed! cyaamooon
  54. FrankstaH

My Nhb EP3....now with full vinyl wrap!

hey dude, can i ask where did you buy the wing type-r stickers below the rear doors from? (i take it you applied them yourself after the wrap? .. also the rear badge?
  55. FrankstaH

14 DAY CANCELLATION WARNING - sky insurance :(

C U next tuesdays... i work in insurance dude, im an underwriter and i can tell you that is pretty harsh. Report it to the ombudsman - they usually favour clients greatly and i feel that in this case and you have sold the car and been a loyal customer for 4 years they could probably re-imburse...
  56. FrankstaH

EK9 gone, Milano Red EP3 in.. few questions on paintwork...

I also bought an 04 plate facelift ep3 milano red. At first it seemed ok but a few weeks after having it i realised that the bumpers were a different colour to the bonnet/wings etc. The red had gone to a horrible pinky colour... Anyhow when i bought the car i took some insurance thing that...
  57. FrankstaH

just ordered tts/rotrex kit for my ep3 any one have one?

sorry to but in guys... but i was just wondering, after fitting the supercharger in question what sort of 0-60 are we talking? - How much extra is it to insure your car with the modification and what sort of car could you compare the speed to?.. e.g. would you be leaving M3's in the mist? /...
  58. FrankstaH

typhoon or aem v2..... which has more heatsoak??

that's probably the best option IF your looking for performance... Tegiwa/GruppeM are the only real perfroamcne inductions
  59. FrankstaH

lol is dotty another north londoner? Do you guys get to meets very often? haha trust me im the same, i always end up next to a focus st and have to give it a go:(
  60. FrankstaH

Rear fog light below bumper?

Hi guys, On my 2004 ep3 i've got a little red fog light undernearth the rear bumper. It looks **** and i've not seen any other ep3's with the light? Is it easy to remove, can i just unscrew it and take it straight off?
  61. FrankstaH

bhp question??? please share your knowledge

yeah, do you know how much it would cost to put the cat back on just before an MOT, and then to swap it back off after? Also what if i purchase the manifold / k100 etc myself prior to taking it to CPL and just ask them to fit it all for me? cheers dude:o
  62. FrankstaH

Yeah in the near future... i'm looking to lay down a nice intake/decat and get it mapped to a k100... atm i have a 2.5" b-pipe and i'm probably looking to keep OEM backbox. So obviously i just need a good intake mani / decat/sports cat so that i can map it to my k10 at the same time if that...
  63. FrankstaH

Will A Spoon N1 Fit straight onto an R8byb 2.5" b-pipe?

oh dear, sorry guys i meant to put it in exhausts lol! I must have been looking at the for sale spoon n1 then wrote it on here, my bad
  64. FrankstaH

I just filled mine up to the brim and reset the trip, so i'll let you all know how i get on ha ha
  65. FrankstaH

Will A Spoon N1 Fit straight onto an R8byb 2.5" b-pipe?

As title states :rolleyes: cheers
  66. FrankstaH

typhoon or aem v2..... which has more heatsoak??

I have an AEM V2 and i can vouch that it does suffer from heatsoak, the car isn't as responsive as it was with the OEM box, but i must admit it does sound amazing. You'll fine with all cone induction kits that they're all the same, so if i was you just do what i'm doing, buy a cheap one (i paid...
  67. FrankstaH

How much did you pay for parts & fitting for all of that with CPL? (if you don't mind me asking) and also did you just wait there whilst they did it?
  68. FrankstaH

Best Intake with good performance, low noise and stock look

I think that to be honest unless your willing to spend some money, your better off using the oem box with a hondata drop in and just basically chuck away £50 a month and save for a gruppe m. Your not really going to get any good gains unless you spend the money, so might aswell do something...
  69. FrankstaH

yeah sounds around the same as me(ish)! I remember when i first passed my driving test it was 74p a litre... I WISH i had a type-r back then, id drive around in vtec!
  70. FrankstaH

How long does a full tank of petrol last YOU? Right so basically i commute 18 miles to work & back everyday. Obviously sometimes the joys of vtec overcome me etc, i'd say apart from commuting to work and back I do a bit of driving on the weekends and see the girlfriend on a couple of week...
  71. FrankstaH

I want a new backbox (already got unsilenced 2.5" R8BYB b-pipe)

Right guys As above i've already got the b-pipe which makes a nice noise, however the noise the b-pipe is currently making is a bit tinny for my liking. I basically want a backbox that is going to give a deep growl and if possible i'd like it to be one that pops etc. I don't want too chavy but...
  72. FrankstaH

knocking/tapping noise when i start engine in the cold?

big ends could be loose :(
  73. FrankstaH

confused about oil level?

I recently bought an ep3 too, serviced before buying it etc. Took it for a LOT of driving the first month, (obviously was in VTEC most of the time) and then i checked the oil level last week to find it was quite low. I also put around half a litre of fully syntethic in too find it barely...
  74. FrankstaH

Full stainless unsilenced 2.5" b-pipe

Hey, Thinking of purchasing the above. Atm my car is completely standard apart from an aem v2. If i purchase the above, will it fit straight onto my car with the standard backbox and mani? Also would that affect the noise of my exhaust at all, and also would it have any effect what so...
  75. FrankstaH

Car Wrapping!

Ok i see you what you mean. However about wrapping vehicles themselves. How does it look generally? How long does it last, does it wear easily etc? I'm definately looking to get my car wrapped. cheers guys
  76. FrankstaH

Car Wrapping!

I've been considering getting my milano ep3 wrapped in Pearl white. I know a girl who's dad owns a sign making company and they wrap cars. He said he'd do me a deal on a full wrap for around 600/700 quid in pearl white. Has anyone had an personal experiences with wrapping? Is it worth it, as...
  77. FrankstaH

Worth getting RBC before k100 ?

AEM CAI is better than AEM V2... AEM CAI i think would be ok with rbc & k100.
  78. FrankstaH

New to exhausts ;(

Right... well thats exhausts 101 i guess :) cheers for your help! Feels nice to know what i can aim for when buying now :D appreciate it alot!
  79. FrankstaH

New to exhausts ;(

Intake being a gruppe m etc? cat back being ? RBC being the manifold? Header being the b-pipe and backbox? hondata remap being the k100 or whatever ecu chip? thanks for the input
  80. FrankstaH

New to exhausts ;(

Right, im with you. So what is a header? I've seen them mentioned... race headers - and how much are they priced at. Also just say i was to buy a supersprint b-pipe, how much would the average garage charge to fit it? So just say i upgrade my b-pipe, get an RBC inlet manifold and a k100, what...
  81. FrankstaH

New to exhausts ;(

Would just connecting a new B-pipe or Cat-back make a difference then? (leaving standard backbox)
  82. FrankstaH

New to exhausts ;(

Awesome dude, thanks for that, it actually put alot of things in place in my head haha. Right so if i wanted to start off on my exhaust modding it could be good to change the B-Pipe? How much would a decent one cost? Also i really like the standard backbox so i would be inclined to keep that...
  83. FrankstaH

New to exhausts ;(

Right so basically i'm a bit confused when it comes to exhausts. Don't go calling me retard etc i just generally don't know at all. I see lots of people talking about getting a new exhaust, people talking about the standard "backbox" and changing different stuff. Also whats a d-cat? cat-back...
  84. FrankstaH

Milano Detail

ahaha
  85. FrankstaH

Turbo Project

Can't explain it much better than Jord just put it.
  86. FrankstaH

Turbo Project

Well don't quote me... but i remember something about the delivery of power being smoother and more powerful from lower down in the rev range.
  87. FrankstaH

Turbo Project

I've been personally told a number of times that supercharing a type-r is much more effective that turbo charging it. I saw on CPL racing you get a JRSC kit and hondata management fitted for £3200ish. Something im considering myself
  88. FrankstaH

I know its a weird question - Teddies from rear tow bar??

Hi, basically i've seen a few cars around with teddies hanging off of their rear tow bars. I actually quite like it and am thinking of getting one... Is there a specific sort of rear tow bar teddy thats specially made? - If so whats the name of them... Or maybe i am being a bit stupid and people...
  89. FrankstaH

is there much difference?

I've got an AEM v2 which i might sell? It's second hand but its got a new filter inside etc, inbox me if your interested
  90. FrankstaH

car feels jumpy/jerky at low speed???

I would have thought it might have been the clutch seeking! My old car had that problem as it used to jerk when i pulled away - I'd say get your clutch look at / tightened a bit
  91. FrankstaH

Forget performance... best SOUNDING induction?

I can tell you one thing! Youtube never does any justice... You'll never know how good one sounds until you hear it in person! - I've got an aem v2 atm but im aiming to save for a gruppe m !
  92. FrankstaH

Remove the civic badge above the type-r on an ep3!

Hey guys, i basically want to remove my civic badge so just the type-r one below it is there. How do i go about this without damaging my bodywork etc - Is it attached with screws or? - Im at work atm so i can't go and have a look myself
  93. FrankstaH

Forget performance... best SOUNDING induction?

aem v2 got my vote... anyone else?
  94. FrankstaH

does turbocharging type r wreck engine

I know how you feel mate. Thats why i made sure when i got my car it had rather low mileage (60k for an 04 plate)... that it was completely standard and that it had a full service history. I'm not saying there will be any problems with your car but knowing it had a turbo on it at one point would...
  95. FrankstaH

haha ok cheers mate. I'll make sure i keep an eye on it!
  96. FrankstaH

Hey guys! I mean i havent personally noticed it from being in the driving seat. The car has only done 60k miles and came with full service history when i bought it. There's definately no vigarous banging etc... Im not a complete rookie when it comes to cars and i've not noticed it. My dad said...
  97. FrankstaH

Hey guys, My dad said he noticed a knocking/tapping noise when i started my engine this morning from cold. He said he doesn't know too much but it could be something to do with my "ends" being loose or something? The car runs absolutely fine, is it worth getting it checked over to make sure? -...
  98. FrankstaH

What is the best order for modifications?

Right so im looking to get modding at the end of the month. I know that it's not a good idea to get your car mapped, until you've had supporting modifications to get the best results! So... What is the best order for maps? e.g. 1. Exhaust 2. Mani 3. cams etc etc! All input...
Back