• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. GreaseLightning

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

^ Yes, but on page two: btw I still hate you for getting a Premier. Does it show? lmao
  2. GreaseLightning

lol. that said though, it was only a few months I was talking about getting supercharged. Now read my sig. I'm no better. :rolleyes:
  3. GreaseLightning

lol are you s**tting me nickyboy? after all you've said about how they are a waste of money and how they don't go with the red carpet. :confused: I turn your attention to page 2 of this thread: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=51389&page=2 but then again am i surprised...
  4. GreaseLightning

You know, I'm wit you there Nick as I had a Spec 3! :eek: lol
  5. GreaseLightning

lmao ok fair enough. u pay 11 grand for a top of the range car and you can't spring for decent, authentic mats. I get that. :lol:
  6. GreaseLightning

That's just an excuse, c'mon! You're not called Nickybay for nothing lol. I picked up a set in good condition for 40 quid inclusive of delivery. PS. Sign on to MSN!
  7. GreaseLightning

Looks like a minter, Nicky ma boy - excellent purchase! I really would would get the JDM mats, or at least original Honda ones for the carpet tho tbh. It's the best version of the EP3 in terms of official extras I think and those mats let it down a touch. I am envious tho, engine bay looks...
  8. GreaseLightning

GreaseLightning's NHB CTR **UPDATE 08-09-07**

Autosoled and Meg's Metal Polyshed 3 days ago - looked the cleanest it's ever looked! But with this sh** weather the shininess is masked. :( :D Cheers Nick!
  9. GreaseLightning

[09-03-08] - A few steps back... I sold off my Spec 3 and K100 and my Maxogen will be coming off very soon. So she'll be fully stock, engine-wise very soon. I sold these mods to free up some cash, but tbh I am really liking being able to hear myself think with the Buddy Club gone and...
  10. GreaseLightning

Suitable paint for interior door window surround?

^ Cheers, man! I am indeed an EP3 :twisted:
  11. GreaseLightning

Suitable paint for interior door window surround?

I haven't described the part very well. It's the painted black metal strip running down the left side (passenger door) or right side (driver's door) of the windows. When changing my doorcards I scratched some of the paint off them unfortunately and wondered what paint would be suitable?
  12. GreaseLightning

The range on my key fobs is crap!

^ Yeah tried that one. :(
  13. GreaseLightning

lol, yes I saw that Top Gear :lol: I think I'd like a better suggestion.
  14. GreaseLightning

I have to usually come within 5-or-so metres of the car before it works, sometimes a bit more depending on the angle, but it is very picky. Sometimes I'll be right alongside the car before it works. I've had this problem for a long time now, I had the batteries changed a while back but this...
  15. GreaseLightning

Anyone know how much rocker covers from Honda are?

As the title. I would phone up, but I've only just remembered I wanted to find out and it's too late. :(
  16. GreaseLightning

Christ, that was a fast response! :eek: Cheers mate.
  17. GreaseLightning

GreaseLightning's NHB CTR Performance ITG Maxogen... for about another week. Styling Custom number plate Refurbed and powdercoated rims in 'Satellite Silver' Mugen lip Rear tints Interior Facelift seats Facelift doorcards JDM mats ICE Alpine CDM-7859R headunit Rainbow SLX 265...
  18. GreaseLightning

AEM CAI - hydrolock this morning!!

^ You say that, but aren't there risks with the Gruppe M scoop being where it is. A mate recently purchased one and he said in the instructions there was a warning about driving in rain/snow.
  19. GreaseLightning

Yeah, I will be reverting to the stock airbox at the end of the month. I'll get it done when I get K Pro fitted at CPL :D I will be returning may more times to get other mods, so am not that concerned about getting it mapped for K Pro, then again later down the line.
  20. GreaseLightning

My first mod...

Yeah, 250-£300 is a TAD excessive :D I paid £175 for my rear 3, after seeing another CTR's tints at a meet and asking where the guy had it done. Very happy with the work!
  21. GreaseLightning

My first mod...

Look good, mate! Had only my rears done as well last year - didn't want any trouble.
  22. GreaseLightning

Aftermarket speakers - Anyone else have trouble getting the doorcards back on?

No problems now, everything's working great! I took off most of the lip like you said Sheldon and that worked well. No problems with the windows coming down as I have used them quite a few times this past 2-3 days :)
  23. GreaseLightning

Yeah *touch wood* no more problems since that day. I will do those checks. I'd like the Gruppe M as well, but it's pricey :(
  24. GreaseLightning

Hehe thanks Sheldon. Tbh with fitting a facelift interior and a headunit, amps and sub in the past month-or-so I've grown well used to things sounding difficult and not being that way. Although I've also come across the situations that I think will be simple but turn out to be a pain in the...
  25. GreaseLightning

Er no, the doorcard went back on without doing that. What do you mean the surround?
  26. GreaseLightning

Haha I just reliased there was a wiring loom attached to a metal bracket that I mounted the wrong way around. That was causing the problem. I am a doughnut!
  27. GreaseLightning

I fitted one of my 6.5" comps today with the Vectra spacers and the doorcard seems reluctant to go back on. I can't really see why, but I have had them off the car before and haven't had this much trouble. Can anyone help me? Do I actually have to cut the doorcard? EDIT: I've had another...
  28. GreaseLightning

Anyone got Alpine SPR-17S comps?

29. GreaseLightning

Ctr ICE

A 12" will probably suit you better for the style of music you listen to. It will give a good compromise between punchiness and being able to drop low as well. 6x9's can sound good. You're talking about balancing the mids and highs with the bass, which is fine, but if you put powerful speakers...
  30. GreaseLightning

I have an AEM CAI fitted and on this very wet morning I hit a major puddle and suffered hydrolock! This happened just as I was pulling off a dual carriageway onto a sliproad. I managed to pull between the two roads onto the diagonal white lines, but obviously I didn't want to hang around there...
  31. GreaseLightning

Where to run amp cables?

I had a go at the worst of it today and found two screws on the rear strut so I used those :)
  32. GreaseLightning

Where to run amp cables?

^ I think I read there was a good location in the boot near the spare wheel well.
  33. GreaseLightning

Where to run amp cables?

Cheers m8. I'm hoping to do this tomorrow if I can get my s*** together in time. Could you tell me how to run it through the side trim? Never done this before.
  34. GreaseLightning

Where to run amp cables?

I know not to run the signal and power cables close, but with two amps can I run both power leads and all signal cables togather or should I keep the amp cables separate as well?
  35. GreaseLightning

Boredom Defined! (Exhaust Related)

Youi are the king of clean, Gunn! Excellent work as always. Good job with the paint as well :cool:
  36. GreaseLightning

f/l doorcards question. urgent help pelase!!

I just fitted my pre f/l switch which i gather some others have also had to do. I did manage to swap the other button (not the switches) on the unit though, so only the switches not being silver doesn't look that weird. Still would like a response if anyone has an answer for this one though.
  37. GreaseLightning

Another K Pro vs. Reflash thread!

I'm surprised a bunch of you K Pro owners haven't jumped in to defend your decisions. Strange :confused:
  38. GreaseLightning

Okay, how about KPro vs. K100? I have booked the mota in for a couple of months time to get one fitted, but am still not sure what to go for (no rush though as I'm told I can decide on the day). The only advantages of the KPro over the K100 to me seem to be reserved for those people who have...
  39. GreaseLightning

f/l doorcards question. urgent help pelase!!

I'm putting facelift doorcards into my pre facelift CTR and I can't get the door lock control or the driver's side window to open. The passenger side window opens fine. I have attached everything the way it was so I'm puzzled. In regards to the windows, I've reattached the prefacelift control...
  40. GreaseLightning

What's better for gains? N1+b pipe or Spec 3

What can I say in the end? I cheaped out :lol:
  41. GreaseLightning

My 30th Anniversary CTR (Original Post Updated 07/02/2008)

Looks in perfect condition. Very nice, mate. Treat her well :D
  42. GreaseLightning

CPL Racing goes into the 10 Second Bracket

Awesome machine, that. Had a bit of a look when I was at CPL a few weeks back. Congrats guys!
  43. GreaseLightning

Gave her a scrub up...

Nice m8, good work on the engine! Tell me, did the manifold need much agitation to remove all the black s*** that gathers over time?
  44. GreaseLightning

Number plates

I think he was just referring to the design. I think it's pretty obvious that isn't the whole number. The answer's still obviously yes though.
  45. GreaseLightning

I am unclear about a few things to do with the benefits of K Pro over an ECU reflash. I obviously know that K Pro allows you to connect your laptop with the K Manager software and tune your car yourself. This to me sounds great if you're a professional tuner and can create the perfect map to run...
  46. GreaseLightning

Washing without a hosepipe

^ :eek: Presumably your car doesn't actually need cleaning beforehand and you're just doing it for fun. :D Otherwise aren't you risking serious swirlage? I live in a flat also and have the same problem. Lots and lots of buckets is my method - time consuming and a pain in the arse it is...
  47. GreaseLightning

£100 components front and rear

As said, don't waste your money on components in the back. Your setup should be geared towards you - the driver, therefore your soundstage should be set accordingly. Probably best to invest in a half decent pair of coax's for the back that can handle a decent level of power at least but you're...
  48. GreaseLightning

As a first mod...

Out of the two AEM kits the CAI is the one to go for. I had a chat with the guys at CPL today, who said that the gains with the CAI were similar to the Gruppe M. Anyone agree/disagree?
  49. GreaseLightning

My Milano CTR

I think they look okay. Even though the CW stock wheels always look good on Milano, the change makes the car look more modified, and in a purposeful kind of way. That is, they don't look over the top or chavvy and make it look more in keeping with a stripped-out track car image. I'd keep them...
  50. GreaseLightning

Looks like a Gruppe M's jumped up on the priority list then :D
  51. GreaseLightning

Removing swirls

Yeah, I have to say that compared to using a PC with a good light cutting polish, Scratch X is very difficult to use and achieve good results. I had a good session with my new PC and Meguiars #80 last week and it gave a considerable improvement.
  52. GreaseLightning

Hopefully the next car.....

Well, I could see your EP3 being worth more than 3k this time nest year, so now is probably the time to hold onto it. You've probably taken the biggest depreciation hit and now is the time you start to get your money's worth.
  53. GreaseLightning

Hopefully the next car.....

Well, if I may be so bold, I think you're on the wrong forum if you're after nothing but praise ;) I definitely wouldn't change my EP3 for one, but then I don't particularly like Mini's. But whatever makes you happy and fock the rest of 'em :D
  54. GreaseLightning

My new PC

Just measured mine and it's a little over 9ft
  55. GreaseLightning

My new PC

Not that it's a big job to fit one, but I got my extension lead off a guy on Detailing World with a 110v plug already fitted. There's definitely no reason to be snipping off the PC's plug as some people suggest.
  56. GreaseLightning

Stubborn marks on alloys ?

I had a bit of an experiment on my wheels with that dilution. Definitely removed a noticeable amount, but not perfect, I will have up make it stronger. Good stuff though, the first product I've been able to trust that has the potential to do the job.
  57. GreaseLightning

My new PC

^ That's a bit of a shame if you've bought one lol. If you haven't then perhaps think twice?
  58. GreaseLightning

That's good to hear Gary, I received mine on Sat as well but didn't get a chance to use it. What dilution did u use?
  59. GreaseLightning

I can get you some, if you Paypal me some cash as long as the guy still has some left. But registering's not hard so you can deal with the guy directly that way. Up to you though, like I said I can get you some through him if you want. WB is ok for almost all types of wheels, but I wouldn't...
  60. GreaseLightning

I got mine through a group buy at Detailing World: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=22330 The reason being that WB is only available in 3.78 litre containers for £18 and I didn't want that much. So, the guy at DW is selling 500ml and 1 litre containers.
  61. GreaseLightning

I have the same problem with a steady accumulation of brake dust spots gradually giving my wheels a new colour. After using Meguiars Hot Rims and it having little more effect than a bucket of soapy water (a bit useless if you ask me) I did a bit of reading on Detailing World. Meguiars Wheel...
  62. GreaseLightning

Removing swirls

Age don't necessarily mean a thing as you can drive an 07 off the forecourt and straight through a carwash. :p I've got myself a PC and have Meg's #80 on order. I hope/anticipate that the combination of this and a medium cutting pad should remove all but the worst swirls (I don't think I...
  63. GreaseLightning

So, basically down to personal preference given my car is virtually stock. Am I correct in thinking about 10bhp is what I can expect from either the Spoon combo or Spec 3?
  64. GreaseLightning

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can find the answer anywhere obvious.
  65. GreaseLightning

Is this going too far??

It's not OTT to clean a brand new car because right from the factory they can have imperfections that require sorting. That said, it was definitely over the top. A 3-4 hour session on the first day would've had sorted the car and had the car gleaming. That detailing guy must've seen him coming a...
  66. GreaseLightning

Replica mugen spoiler

/\ Lovely car, lovely image. Good work, Dotty :D
  67. GreaseLightning

New number plate fitted :D

Love those plates. Class :D
  68. GreaseLightning

Just gone through 40,000 miles....

Plenty more carefree miles to be had with the CTR, don't change coz of the mileage just yet. I have an '02 with 45k and plan on keeping her for some time yet.
  69. GreaseLightning

It's on and it's great

Looks splendid 8)
  70. GreaseLightning

new pressy

That would be true normally, but not at £100! They should be gold plated for that really :lol:
  71. GreaseLightning

new pressy

You mean you've got them as a Christmas present, but aren't going to be using them for about 5 months? :lol:
  72. GreaseLightning

Alpine demo Car - BMW 6 series

Totally ugly, obviously but totally crazy as well. I wouldn't mind the camera wing mirrors myself.
  73. GreaseLightning

The best N1 clips

Got the N1 fitted yesterday - sounds sweet. Now I can't wait for the b pipe! :twisted: Here's a clip I recorded, it's a bit short as the camera's battery died partway through. I will get around to making another better recording at some point. Still I thought it would be useful to add to the...
  74. GreaseLightning

Wheel bible: Loads of pics of different wheels on the CTR

Errr probably not! Hope you take better care of your replacement rims. :roll:
  75. GreaseLightning

Cheers Carl, will do. Your Cosmic looks f***ing lush on those gunmetal Velocity's :twisted:
  76. GreaseLightning

/\ V Thanks for the input guys, I'm amending the post. I knew everything wouldn't be 100% correct and I was relying on people's help.
  77. GreaseLightning

Brake caliper stickers

I haven't Mook him around for some time. I also tried PMing him recently and didn't hear back. He does have an email address you can probably find in his profile though, you may get some joy there. But there is a guy selling caliper stickers in the classifieds here now...
  78. GreaseLightning

Cheers, mate! Thanks for sticking it. lol yeah it did. I found myself at a loose end this afternoon and it went from there.
  79. GreaseLightning

This thread should prove useful. A lot of people (including me) request pics of certain wheels on certain colours and hopefully this will make this a lot easier for them to find what they need. After trawling through tons and tons of threads on this forum and civictype-r.co.uk I've gathered a...
  80. GreaseLightning

The best N1 clips

Purchased one from ebay - hopefully should be in my possession soon. Have to wait for my cheque to clear then the delivery time :( Good clips, mate. Nice, useful post.
  81. GreaseLightning

Dimensions of the import rear plates

I mean the more square plates you see at the back of JDM CTR's. I was here: http://www.demonplates.com/platebuilder.php looking for one, but I didn't know the dimensions. Anyone know?
  82. GreaseLightning

New pics of the ST mate took some pics yesterday

Lush photos - very nice quality! Car looked v. nice at Brighton in the summer, but looks super clean now. Like the decals down the sides too - didn't notice them before. They add a bit of style, not like the GT40 ones on the Fiesta! :lol:
  83. GreaseLightning

The replacement

Nice motor mate, the Clio would've been my 2nd choice. Got any plans for mods?
  84. GreaseLightning

AEM V2 vs. K&N Typhoon

Since my insurance company seem intent on skinning me alive if I get a new zorst, but they're not so bothered about an induction kit I figured I'd go down that route for now. I'm not looking to spend a lot of cash - around £150. So I've narrowed my choices down to either a K&N Typhoon...
  85. GreaseLightning

Things haven't gone quite how I expected this evening :o

Nice story. Persistence paid off in the end, good job - looks ace.
  86. GreaseLightning

Good effort but wrong

Yup, exactly what I was thinking! Stupid design theme to promote the sale of a decent car - even though it is a fake. I thought I was looking at an auction for a Fisher Price train set.
  87. GreaseLightning

Funky's funky Civic 8)

You've adopted a very individual approach and so far so good. Liking what you've done so far. Keep up the good work.
  88. GreaseLightning

Neily's car

Re: Neily's new car. I had one of these in front me of at a set of lights in town the other day. I got a windscreen full of black smoke from the zorst as the lights changed and he booted it to the next set. :lol: Looks understated from the outside, apart from the oval exhaust, I do like the...
  89. GreaseLightning

My '02 Nighthawk *updated*

Updated. Perhaps a grill is on the cards next...
  90. GreaseLightning

FAO HondaLewis

Looks like the new owner duplicated much of the text from the original ad when Lewis listed it on ebay. I remember some of it. This guy sold a Golf V6 and bought a TT since May as well. I guess he likes changing his cars. Hmmm... :roll:
  91. GreaseLightning

Aaarrrghhh i cant take it any longer!

It's an all right tune, even if Tiesto can't take credit for it. I hate the sounds he uses though - they always sound all cheap and overdriven.
  92. GreaseLightning

Where to get your wheels refurbished

Nice one, Dotty :) I recommend: Wicked Wheels Royce Road Manor Royal Crawley West Sussex RH10 9NX 07798 830415 or... 07766 552003 They did a spot-on job, refurbishing and powdercoating my rims. I had to leave the car with them due to the powdercoating but they do offer a...
  93. GreaseLightning

Where to get your wheels refurbished

I thought it'd be a good idea, like the 'tints' thread in Bodykits and Styling. A lot of people are interesting in getting this done. I got mine done and it would have been easier to find information if it was all in one place. Just a thought. Dotty edit Good Idea :smt023
  94. GreaseLightning

Advice on keeping your car safe

The same is possible with the pre-facelift is it not? That's why you have to press the lock button on the fob twice.
  95. GreaseLightning

My '02 Nighthawk *updated*

I've started to go down the Mugen route now, with the addition of a Knight Racer lip. I'm very happy with the fit and colour match and I love the more aggressive look the front end now has. More pics will be uploaded after I've had a chance to blitz the car completely.
  96. GreaseLightning

Had my standard wheels refurbed and re-coloured

As said I'll post more once the car's been blitzed over the w/end hopefully. SpaceMonkey's right, they are definitely brighter than the OEM version. But that pic isn't the best, I knew that as soon as I viewed it on the PC. btw I wasn't going for a huge change in colour. I just wanted them to...
  97. GreaseLightning

Had my standard wheels refurbed and re-coloured

£65 + vat per wheel. They charge £55 + vat for more 'normal' colours. Not the cheapest place, I know. But totally worth it :D Thanks for the comments guys! Glad you approve. :wink:
Back